Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,663 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. (698 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / Jehovah's Witnesses: Judge Orders Jehovah’s Witness To Release Molestation Files (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 08, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by calmness0(f): 8:32am On Mar 08, 2022
Nice message ma.

Love is the message to preach to sinners and not condemnation.

The Holy Spirit will do the rest.

1 Like

Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 08, 2022
calmness0:
Nice message ma

Thank you.
Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by SurvivorM(f): 8:48am On Mar 08, 2022
Nice message Ma
I hate when people judge people when they dont know what they are going through or what they have experienced.
One thing I have learnt in life is that many people are stubborn once you start shouting aggressively at them on how "They are going to hell" for doing something, that wont make them change but instead you are pushing them further into the path of destruction but once you draw them close and talk to them in a gentle manner and speak God words to them, they listen better.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by Francisanointed(m): 9:04am On Mar 08, 2022
SurvivorM:
Nice message Ma
I hate when people judge people when they dont know what they are going through or what they have experienced.
One thing I have learnt in life is that many people are stubborn once you start shouting aggressively at them on how "They are going to hell" for doing something, that wont make them change but instead you are pushing them further into the path of destruction but once you draw them close and talk to them in a gentle manner and speak God words to them, they listen better.
The gospel is goodnews
Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by Isacar(m): 9:09am On Mar 08, 2022
Tru, Jesus loves You this I Know.....

1 Like

Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 08, 2022
SurvivorM:
Nice message Ma
but instead you are pushing them further into the path of destruction

I absolutely agree. They would just shrug and tell you to leave them alone with their hell grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 08, 2022
Isacar:
Tru, Jesus loves You this I Know.....

Amen.
Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by Evidenx(m): 9:10am On Mar 08, 2022
Preach love,but that doesn't mean you shouldn't warn the person. JESUS HIM SELF PREACHED AND SAID UNLESS PEOPLE REPENT THEY WILL GO TO HELL. (That's a warning not condemnation)

1 Like

Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 08, 2022
Evidenx:
Preach love,but that doesn't mean you shouldn't warn the person.
JESUS HIM SELF PREACHED AND SAID UNLESS PEOPLE REPENT THEY WILL GO TO HELL.
(That's a warning not condemnation)

Standing on the Streets preaching, "If you don't repent, you will go to hell" is different to the scenario I painted in my video. Thanks for engaging.
Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by illicit(m): 9:35am On Mar 08, 2022
The day my pastor uncle and his wife found out I smoke hemp

Men I expected all hell to get loose because I was still an undergraduate and sometimes stay under their roof

Mehn, the kind of love they showed me that period was unexpected

I was flabbergasted

I became more careful with my smoking habit
Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by isaiah4life(m): 9:39am On Mar 08, 2022
Different strokes for different folks.

I gave my life to Christ because someone preached that hell was real and if I don't give my life to Christ, I will end up in hell.

I oblige to his altar call, but as I pressed more on God I discovered he isn't a tyrant.

I discovered he is more concerned with intimacy.

This was when it dawned on me that most people send the wrong message about God to our generation.

April 5th 2015 was the day I made that awesome decision to follow Jesus. I must say, I don't regret making that decision.
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 08, 2022
illicit:

I became more careful with my smoking habit

Lol grin You became more careful but didn't stop?
Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 08, 2022
isaiah4life:

I gave my life to Christ because someone preached that hell was real and if I don't give my life to Christ, I will end up in hell.

Maybe it depends on the environment. Most people over here don't believe in nor care about hell so it won't work for them.
Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by illicit(m): 10:16am On Mar 08, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Lol grin You became more careful but didn't stop?

I enjoy it
Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by isaiah4life(m): 10:35am On Mar 08, 2022
There must be something in this religion that we, Africans, weren't told.

How come the same people that brought the gospel to our shores don't take it that seriously. You hear all sought of things that negate our Christian fate from them.

Are we being overzealous about the gospel or we weren't schooled about the underlying exegesis?

please, ma. Can you educate me more?

PastorMIsBack:

Maybe it depends on the environment. Most people over here don't believe in nor care about hell so it won't work for them.
Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 08, 2022
isaiah4life:
There must be something in this religion that we, Africans, weren't told.

How come the same people that brought the gospel to our shores don't take it that seriously. You hear all sought of things that negate our Christian fate from them.

Are we being overzealous about the gospel or we weren't schooled about the underlying exegesis?

please, ma. Can you educate me more?

It's a quandary. Most Christians I know over here drink a glass of wine over dinner or a glass of beer whilst sharing the gospel but the African Christians I know consider it an abomination. Let me not even start about covering the hair or females wearing trousers grin

3 Likes

Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by adeoyekay(m): 11:55am On Mar 08, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

It's a quandary. Most Christians I know over here drink a glass of wine over dinner or a glass of beer whilst sharing the gospel but the African Christians I know consider it an abomination. Let me not even start about covering the hair or females wearing trousers grin
Bible says that He came to his own, and His own didn't believe him but as many as believed in Him, He makes to be son of God

Religion should be an individual duties,we should not look towards any people as an excuse rather we should focus on ourself . During the judgement day it will be us and our creator.
Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by isaiah4life(m): 12:32pm On Mar 08, 2022
grin

PastorMIsBack:

1 Like

Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 08, 2022
adeoyekay:
Bible says that He came to his own, and His own didn't believe him

I wasn't talking about the Jews wink
Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by adeoyekay(m): 1:15pm On Mar 08, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

I wasn't talking about the Jews wink
It is not all about the Jews,it is just for a reference. You know we relate the word of God to our own personal life either it is pointing to gentile,Jews
All what is written in the Bible is just for our own guide
I understand you, but don't digress from what I want to figure out.
Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
isaiah4life:

I oblige to his altar call, but as I pressed more on God I discovered he isn't a tyrant.

I discovered he is more concerned with intimacy.

This was when it dawned on me that most people send the wrong message about God to our generation.

April 5th 2015 was the day I made that awesome decision to follow Jesus. I must say, I don't regret making that decision.
cheesy

The threat of hell converted you to Christianity and not availablity of proof. That summed everything up that one need to know about religion.
Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2022
CamusMidas:

The threat of hell converted you to Christianity and not availablity of proof. That summed everything up that one need to know about religion.

Then he pressed on and found out about God - not a tyrant and a bully as he was led to believe, but a loving Father who craves intimacy. It's all there in his post wink
Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 08, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Then he pressed on and found out about God - not a tyrant and a bully as he was led to believe, but a loving Father who craves intimacy. It's all there in his post wink
Reconciling has always been a small challenge to Christians when the premise was you going to hell for not believing in the first place.

As a mother would you threaten your children with hell fire for not behaving as you want?

Parents who are mere mortals still love their kids no matter what they turn out to be and the sweet heavenly father choose to burn them for eternity.

That's a person with a questionable character right there, but I understand as a believe you have to look for a way to reconcile the difference.
Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 08, 2022
CamusMidas:

Reconciling has always been a small challenge to Christians when the premise was you going to hell for not believing in the first place.

As I said above, that line does not work over here wink Have a good day.
Re: This Is How To Witness To Drunkards Etc. by MARYIAN(f): 7:23pm On Mar 08, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Ma,those people are ìríra cry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stop using lantern in churches & Prayer houses / A Time To Pray / Is Allah A Trinity Or One?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.