Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees (21036 Views)

UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees / Afghan Refugees Land In UK / The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by Victerica(m): 11:16am On Mar 08, 2022
Hammyaladin:
they should better wake up. I don't trust the guys a single bit!

What kind of human being are you?
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 08, 2022
Victerica:

What kind of human being are you?
the one that wants two salavik brothers (Russia n Ukraine) to have peace..

So... So gays, transgender and loud mouth woke donkeys won't take over Rucia (Russia)
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 08, 2022
Kokaine:

Bro... By the end of March, the cascading effect of this war to African countries may have a full blown effect. From the writing on the wall, we have never experienced the type of recession that is in the cloud already. Whoever has funds now should buy food and keep because the scarcity is in three phases; food, petrol and dollar exchange rate.
grin grin
So, Ukraine- Russo war is the clear handwriting for you. grin Guy, you really do not know that there has been a clearer handwriting on the wall that Nigeria is getting worse and will continue? OK ooo. Read my past posts, you will get hints. Let me just HINT you one. Lagos State population is competing with the whole of Canada. E shock you? See eh...call angel Gabriel, I dont see anything he can do with the Nigerian economy the way our population is exploding. Again, corruption and illiteracy on the high side. Which clearer handwriting on the wall do you need more than these?

See, if war comes to Nigeria, it will just depopulate us...simple. that is a solution guy....and not a problem.. cheesy

Nigeria, shamefully should have experienced a windfall in the area of food supply this period because we have arable land for agriculture. But we are only able to produce 1% of the wheat we consume for instance. We import grains. We import maize. And guess what, we are preparing to install another ancestor as our next president. We are not just unprepared for today's task, we are unprepared for the next 100 years.
You are funny ooo. Nigeria produces 1% wheat we consume!!! grin Where did you get this info fro ? I ask again, where are the wheat farms located? Hahahahha. Nigeria no dey produce wheat...na 0.000000000000000........1% we dey produce grin See, Nigeria will adjust...no be by force to eat wheat. Lol...Wheat itself is not that a good grain. Lol.

Guy CBN dey grant loan, stop blaming only government. You also can start farming wheat. Can you go to farm yourself? Is any of your family farming? You all keep shouting government this, government that.....any slight increment.....yeeee! Yepaaaa! You all want subsidy...who is going to pay for the debts? All the ones accumulated by the ones before us are still here...and you all want to accumulate more..

I am not interested in talking about government or any ancestor. I address individuals....you and I.

You talked about agric. What impact have you made? Govt this...govt that. Yet, CBN has numerous loans for different categories - fresh graduates, companies, etc.

You talked about politics and one ancestor - you...what have you done politically? Yes, when the time comes, is it not your own tribe you also promote blindly? Is this not what we all do? You and I are guilty of this. Yet, we blame others. If our tribe is not the president, we arent satisfied. And when our tribe is there, we gain nothing also. Who are the losers?

You...what have you done to correct population explosion in Nigeria? How many siblings do you have? Lol. So, na govt dey born children like rabbits?

A beg, leave the war alone. There is hell already in Nigeria. If anything comes to kill many here...na favor the war brings. Let me tell you the truth. Go ask Indians why they are suffering...when they must have many children..lol. grin

See eh...you better put your mind at rest and focus on the challenges the handwriting are clearer in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by GENES11S: 11:27am On Mar 08, 2022
tonididdy:

You can never be more aljazera than I'm.
I don't think any Nigerian watches aljazera more than I do.
That being said... I'm telling you, it's same post.
UK rejects opening it's borders to Ukrainians refugees and UK sets requirements for Ukrainians refugees.

It's same same lad!

Stop bragging, when u don't even know who you are bragging with. People who brag alot usually lack understanding.

Back to the issue:
For your information, UK is not part of EU. The main reason they left was because of this Visa issue for people coming into their territory.

Other EU countries are giving 1 to three years Visas to Ukraine refugees. People are asking UK to do the same. They said they will only do so to those who they can verify.

Now, UK is not closing it's border to Ukrainian refugees. Not alll of them as the headline portrays. Those with Visa are allowed, those without Visa (lost or forgotten etc) will have to undergo some form of biometric verification before they can be given Visa.

I don't know if most of you here just like arguing pointlessly. The headline states that all the refugees have been denied entry into UK. But it's not actually all the refugees. It's is those has never had Visa (I.e no means of verification).
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by GENES11S: 11:31am On Mar 08, 2022
tonididdy:

The requirement is that any Ukrainians refugees wanting to enter the UK must have a person of permanent residence in the UK inviting or sponsoring them.
At the summary of it all both heading are the same

Oga that is not the only requirement. Stop spreading misinformation.
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by tonididdy(m): 11:31am On Mar 08, 2022
GENES11S:

Stop bragging, when u don't even know who you are bragging with. People who brag alot usually lack understanding.

Back to the issue:
For your information, UK is not part of EU. The main reason they left was because of this Visa issue for people coming into their territory.

Other EU countries are giving 1 to three years Visas to Ukraine refugees. People are asking UK to do the same. They said they will only do so to those who they can verify.

Now, UK is not closing it's border to Ukrainian refugees. Not alll of them as the headline portrays. Those with Visa are allowed, those without Visa (lost or forgotten etc) will have to undergo some form of biometric verification before they can be given Visa.

I don't know if most of you here just like arguing pointlessly. The headline states that all the refugees have been denied entry into UK. But it's not actually all the refugees. It's is those has never had Visa (I.e no means of verification).

... So long nigga
I don't go back and forth like a dog
Read your post and tell me the difference with the headline?
Is that an open border?
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by tonididdy(m): 11:35am On Mar 08, 2022
GENES11S:

Oga that is not the only requirement. Stop spreading misinformation.

How have I misled anyone?
Isn't what I said "one" of the requirements and the only one I know of.
If there are others, kindly share and don't be rude!
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by VirileNelly2420: 11:37am On Mar 08, 2022
Realists:

See disgrace & hypocrisy from great Britain, common refugee status you can't grant your ally that you gingered into war, with your mortal foe.

Which Ally? U tink say Britain dey EU? Dey don vomit body. Brexit. (Britain's Exit....from European Union)
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by GENES11S: 11:45am On Mar 08, 2022
tonididdy:

... So long nigga
I don't go back and forth like a dog
Read your post and tell me the difference with the headline?
Is that an open border?

When you lose an argument you result to insults. It's laughable
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by GENES11S: 11:48am On Mar 08, 2022
tonididdy:

How have I misled anyone?
Isn't what I said "one" of the requirements and the only one I know of.
If there are others, kindly share and don't be rude!

You didn't say one of requirement. Here is a quote from your post.

tonididdy:

The requirement is that any Ukrainians refugees wanting to enter the UK must have a person of permanent residence in the UK inviting or sponsoring them.
At the summary of it all both heading are the same
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by tonididdy(m): 11:48am On Mar 08, 2022
GENES11S:

When you lose an argument you result to insults. It's laughable
Ok am sorry
Please answer my question!
Is than an open border?
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by tonididdy(m): 11:49am On Mar 08, 2022
GENES11S:

You didn't say one of requirement. Here is a quote from your post.

... And in my 2nd post I went ahead to say the only one I'm informed of.
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by GENES11S: 11:50am On Mar 08, 2022
tonididdy:

... And in my 2nd post I went ahead to say the only one I'm informed of.

Ok I didn't see that one

If you have Visa you are also allowed.

If you don't have Visa at hand due to the destruction in Ukraine but have done Visa registration b4, a biometric verification will be carried out and they will be offered Visa after that.

Note: UK is not part of EU. That's why they are not following EU order to open the border form All
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by tonididdy(m): 11:51am On Mar 08, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Which Ally? U tink say Britain dey EU? Dey don vomit body. Brexit. (Britain's Exit....from European Union)
They are nato allies, he knows what he's saying!
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by VirileNelly2420: 11:59am On Mar 08, 2022
tonididdy:

They are nato allies, he knows what he's saying!

Which of dem is NATO Ally plz? Is Ukraine a NATO member?

Britain is in NATO but not in EU.
Ukraine is in EU but not in NATO.

I tink if Britain is giving aid, it's based on fellow European nation and not d so called "ally" he mentioned. ...my thinking though!

1 Like

Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by Wettoid123: 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2022
nice one, zelensky thought he can force us into third world war
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by seyz91(m): 12:12pm On Mar 08, 2022
cheesy
SultanOfPuna:
Zelensky ft. Wizkid "Fake Love Remix"
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 08, 2022
Isn’t that the reason they left EU
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by zinaunreal(m): 1:41pm On Mar 08, 2022
Uk is full no try am
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by lanchy: 1:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
Most sensible thing yet from this minister and government. There are good Ukrainians but the majority are fascists and racist!! We don't want that kind of mess here! Check their history and if found to support hatred, no entry!!!
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by Cleanworld(f): 2:16pm On Mar 08, 2022
GENES11S:

No it's your click-bait headline that is fake. I don't know what you get from misinformation.

Why are replying someone that can't read well? all news na fake do them grin grin
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by laiperi: 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2022
Russia rigged Brexit for this British Government to split European Union. It is paying dividends.

Just as Russia got Trump in to split NATO, it paid dividends.

Do the British realize that the same Prime Minister is Turkish?
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by Queenslander(f): 4:29pm On Mar 08, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Which of dem is NATO Ally plz? Is Ukraine a NATO member?

Britain is in NATO but not in EU.
Ukraine is in EU but not in NATO.

I tink if Britain is giving aid, it's based on fellow European nation and not d so called "ally" he mentioned. ...my thinking though!
Um, that's not true, Ukraine is not a member of the European Union. European Union is a political and economic union of 28 countries that are located in Europe. Switzerland, Russia, Iceland, and Norway are some of the other European countries that are not a part of the EU..

You're welcome ❤️
Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by VirileNelly2420: 4:42pm On Mar 08, 2022
Queenslander:
Um, that's not true, Ukraine is not a member of the European Union. European Union is a political and economic union of 28 countries that are located in Europe. Switzerland, Russia, Iceland, and Norway are some of the other European countries that are not a part of the EU..

You're welcome ❤️

So polite! Thanks darling.

Non members; Azerbaijan, Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia, Georgia, Iceland, Kosovo, Moldova, Macedonia, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, Russia, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, UK, .....

1 Like

Re: UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees by 18four4: 11:54pm On Mar 08, 2022
[s][quote author=LeoDeKing post=110849401][/quote][/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UAE Decriminalises Premarital Sexual Relations Among 40 Legal Changes In Reforms / US Army Soldier Indicted And Accused Of Selling Sensitive Military Information. / US Mourns Iran's President, Ebrahim Raisi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.