Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

7 Things I Wished My Parents Taught Me In My 20s - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 7 Things I Wished My Parents Taught Me In My 20s (2512 Views)

What One Employee Taught Me About Hiring / What Life Skills Are Not Taught In School? / 7 Things You Should Know Before Editing Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things I Wished My Parents Taught Me In My 20s by ReventifyCV: 11:40am On Mar 08, 2022
I wouldn’t say my parents were the most perfect or imperfect pair. But all I know and understand is that they gave me the training and education they thought was best for me. Looking back now, I realized that some of the things my mom taught me, although essential, were unnecessary at my tender age of 17. And in the same vein, I really didn’t need some of my dad’s crazy ideas about the terrible nature of humans.

Anyhow, I’m in my thirties now and have learned a lot about life. I’ve learned from experience – both mine and that of others – as well as books. I wish my parents or parent figures had shared some of these teachings with me in my twenties. But that’s gone now, and at least I’ve learned them – and some, the hard way. You’re here either because you’re in your twenties or close to it (either slightly below or above). Or maybe you’re in your forties and you’re here because you feel like throwing a pity party. It doesn’t matter. You’re either already a parent, will soon be one, or you’re in dire need of advice from one. And that’s why I want to share with you the seven things I wished my parents taught me in my twenties.

1. The Team You Work with Is More Important Than the Company You Work For
2. Learn About Financial and Money Management Early; Your 30 Something-Year-Old Self Would Thank You for It
3. Build Professional Relationships and Make Friends with Ambitious People
4. Find A Mentor and Sponsor Early
5. Join a Fast-Growing Company
6. Let Your Imaginations Run Wild
7. Religion and Romantic Relationships Have One Thing in Common.

I have loads of "gist" under each point, so if you want to read them kindly click https://reventify.com/7-things-i-wished-my-parents-taught-me-in-my-20s/ You can learn as well.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things I Wished My Parents Taught Me In My 20s by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 08, 2022
What does Religion and Romantic Relationship have in common ?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things I Wished My Parents Taught Me In My 20s by Joeliko(m): 11:46am On Mar 08, 2022
Nice.
Re: 7 Things I Wished My Parents Taught Me In My 20s by aylive02(m): 11:58am On Mar 08, 2022
ReventifyCV:
I wouldn’t say my parents were the most perfect or imperfect pair. But all I know and understand is that they gave me the training and education they thought was best for me. Looking back now, I realized that some of the things my mom taught me, although essential, were unnecessary at my tender age of 17. And in the same vein, I really didn’t need some of my dad’s crazy ideas about the terrible nature of humans. You can tech your children

Anyhow, I’m in my thirties now and have learned a lot about life. I’ve learned from experience – both mine and that of others – as well as books. I wish my parents or parent figures had shared some of these teachings with me in my twenties. But that’s gone now, and at least I’ve learned them – and some, the hard way. You’re here either because you’re in your twenties or close to it (either slightly below or above). Or maybe you’re in your forties and you’re here because you feel like throwing a pity party. It doesn’t matter. You’re either already a parent, will soon be one, or you’re in dire need of advice from one. And that’s why I want to share with you the seven things I wished my parents taught me in my twenties.

2. Learn About Financial and Money Management Early; Your 30 Something-Year-Old Self Would Thank You for It

I have loads of "gist" under each point, so if you want to read them kindly click https://reventify.com/7-things-i-wished-my-parents-taught-me-in-my-20s/ You can learn as well.
Re: 7 Things I Wished My Parents Taught Me In My 20s by aylive02(m): 11:58am On Mar 08, 2022
ReventifyCV:
I wouldn’t say my parents were the most perfect or imperfect pair. But all I know and understand is that they gave me the training and education they thought was best for me. Looking back now, I realized that some of the things my mom taught me, although essential, were unnecessary at my tender age of 17. And in the same vein, I really didn’t need some of my dad’s crazy ideas about the terrible nature of humans. You can tech your children

. You can teach your children

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Things I Wished My Parents Taught Me In My 20s by OluwaJohn77: 1:28pm On Mar 08, 2022
callme9mm:

Love
Re: 7 Things I Wished My Parents Taught Me In My 20s by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 08, 2022
callme9mm:

Legal fraud

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things I Wished My Parents Taught Me In My 20s by KaideeGee(m): 7:25pm On Mar 08, 2022
“Speak to the children of Israel, that they bring Me an offering. From everyone who gives it willingly with his heart you shall take My offering.
Exodus 25:2 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/exo.25.2.NKJV

Let's Pray,
Eternal Rock of ages, The God who sees the heart, we bow to You. Thank You for all you do and all You are. Please take all the glory.
Father please we ask that You release to us Your Spirit of truth to reveal into us the truth, deep and hidden in Your Word.
Cause us to keep Your Word always to Your glory. Amen.
Purify us by Your Word unto Yourself. Thank You for You have done it. We pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Followers of Christ,
We can derive from this passage God only received offerings from this who do it willingly, from their heart.
Truth is that your state of mind is more than or as important as your offering. There is reason why the widow's mite is so renowned.
One other thing that stands out from the passage is the intricacy and thought that God puts into his actions, nothing takes Him by surprise, the more you study His actions the more you are become amazed at the wisdom. Honestly, pretty much nothing can convince me of the inexistence of God, if nothing else, the Bible is more than enough proof of His existence.
Remember the jewelry the Israelites got from the Egyptians, even something as insignificant as that had a place in God's plan. Trust in Him.
Peace.
Re: 7 Things I Wished My Parents Taught Me In My 20s by Onyenna(m): 7:30pm On Mar 08, 2022
Okay
Re: 7 Things I Wished My Parents Taught Me In My 20s by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 08, 2022
callme9mm:

They are both illusions.
Re: 7 Things I Wished My Parents Taught Me In My 20s by Friend22(m): 10:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
HenryDion:

They are both illusions.

Obviously, you were professing the wrong faith or perhaps, you were too ignorant to understand it.
Re: 7 Things I Wished My Parents Taught Me In My 20s by Friend22(m): 10:27pm On Mar 08, 2022
michael77777:

Legal fraud

Too myopic.!
Re: 7 Things I Wished My Parents Taught Me In My 20s by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 08, 2022
Friend22:

Obviously, you were professing the wrong faith or perhaps, you were too ignorant to understand it.

There is no right faith. They are all illusions, a carrot and stick tool used for mass control and hysteria.
Re: 7 Things I Wished My Parents Taught Me In My 20s by Judybash93(m): 2:17am On Mar 09, 2022
callme9mm:

Very good question o...
Re: 7 Things I Wished My Parents Taught Me In My 20s by ReventifyCV: 11:52am On Mar 10, 2022
kindly visit our career blog to read more, link is below the post
callme9mm:

(1) (Reply)

After 7years of searching Still No Job Is It Badluck? / Fidelitybank,bank Phb,access Bank: / Nlng Calling For Aptitude Tests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.