Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

I Need Help With The Apartment I Rented - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Need Help With The Apartment I Rented (511 Views)

I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me / Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? / Struggles Of Living In A Rented Face Me & Face You Compound (meme Collection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With The Apartment I Rented by Xtopherprince(m): 12:34pm On Mar 08, 2022
Hello and good afternoon Nlanders. I am not much of a typist so I'm going to be brief. I recently relocated to Lagos. I work on the Island, but shuttle from the mainland. The transportation cost has been something else.

So I recently got an apartment at Iyana Oworo through an agent I met online, it was been renovated. Paid 340k for rent and 100k for agent and agreement. I was given receipt and told the apartment will be ready by Sunday the 27th of February while my rent will start counting by 1st of March. By 27th I went there and to my chagrin, the apartment was left exactly as I saw it the day I made payment. After much back and forth with the landlord and agent... I was promised the apartment will be ready before 2nd of March.

On Tuesday, the 1st of March I went back there and brethrens, what I saw was an eyesore. My kitchen sink was connected directly to the bathroom, waste water from dishes would empty directly into my bathroom, an old and rusty toilet ( probably gotten from an abandoned building) was installed for me. The door doesn't fit and my window hasn't got a burglary proof. To make issues worst, there isn't running water in the building (which the agent assured me was available).

Right now I am really confused as to my next course of action. I am no longer comfortable with the apartment and wish to get a refund. PS I haven't moved in. I am not a lagosian and really don't know so many people I can turn to for help. Hence my bringing it here to nairaland. Please advices and suggestions will be appreciated, insults and bashings too...

I just need help... cc lawyer

Mods please help me push this to front page to enable it reach a wider audience
Re: I Need Help With The Apartment I Rented by kuonbe(m): 1:06pm On Mar 08, 2022
You paid almost #450k for apartment in Iyana oworo, na duplex you rent? Or buy
No let me call you maga.

This your mumu no too much
Re: I Need Help With The Apartment I Rented by Xtopherprince(m): 1:39pm On Mar 08, 2022
kuonbe:
You paid almost #450k for apartment in Iyana oworo, na duplex you rent? Or buy
No let me call you maga.

This your mumu no too much

I deserve that...... biq time
Re: I Need Help With The Apartment I Rented by luvlyoracle(m): 7:01pm On Mar 08, 2022
Xtopherprince:
Hello and good afternoon Nlanders. I am not much of a typist so I'm going to be brief. I recently relocated to Lagos. I work on the Island, but shuttle from the mainland. The transportation cost has been something else.

So I recently got an apartment at Iyana Oworo through an agent I met online, it was been renovated. Paid 340k for rent and 100k for agent and agreement. I was given receipt and told the apartment will be ready by Sunday the 27th of February while my rent will start counting by 1st of March. By 27th I went there and to my chagrin, the apartment was left exactly as I saw it the day I made payment. After much back and forth with the landlord and agent... I was promised the apartment will be ready before 2nd of March.

On Tuesday, the 1st of March I went back there and brethrens, what I saw was an eyesore. My kitchen sink was connected directly to the bathroom, waste water from dishes would empty directly into my bathroom, an old and rusty toilet ( probably gotten from an abandoned building) was installed for me. The door doesn't fit and my window hasn't got a burglary proof. To make issues worst, there isn't running water in the building (which the agent assured me was available).

Right now I am really confused as to my next course of action. I am no longer comfortable with the apartment and wish to get a refund. PS I haven't moved in. I am not a lagosian and really don't know so many people I can turn to for help. Hence my bringing it here to nairaland. Please advices and suggestions will be appreciated, insults and bashings too...

Go to Ikeja police station and look for human rights...they would sort it out immediately.
I had Sam issue and it was resolved by human rights.
Though not in Ikeja but in Meiran Abule egba.
Re: I Need Help With The Apartment I Rented by Xtopherprince(m): 8:18pm On Mar 08, 2022
luvlyoracle:
Go to Ikeja police station and look for human rights...they would sort it out immediately.
I had Sam issue and it was resolved by human rights.
Though not in Ikeja but in Meiran Abule egba.

Any contact person at Abule egba or office address... I currently shuttle from Ile epo to Lekki phase one... I can go to abule egba tomorrow or next.
Re: I Need Help With The Apartment I Rented by noCAP(m): 10:58am On Mar 09, 2022
Xtopherprince:

what kind of apartment did you rent. Post pictures too
Re: I Need Help With The Apartment I Rented by Xtopherprince(m): 8:46pm On Mar 09, 2022
noCAP:
what kind of apartment did you rent. Post pictures too

Self contain.

Image it's self is an eyesore.

(1) (Reply)

I Want 2 Bedroom Apartment In Island Either Ajah Or VI Budget Is 3mili / Please Help A Brother, What Is The Cost Estimate For This Design / Two 3 Bed Room Flatas Available At Aguda Surulere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.