Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,307 members, 7,826,216 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills (10499 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu: South-East Should Not Waste Their Votes On Peter Obi (video) / Abaribe: Senate May Not Reconsider Gender Bills / "They Just Burnt Our Votes" - Votes On Fire As People Flee In Lagos (video, Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by helinues: 2:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
Siwisheswereesh:

Without the Senate it's just a mere academic exercise... embarassed

At least first step from reps
Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by PrinceMajestic: 3:07pm On Mar 08, 2022
I don't even understand what I read. Is it the 68 and 38 that provides special seats for women and provides special quota for women in government MDAs? Una dey craze for this country if those 2 bills will be revisited I hope they have been dropped. The bills are annoying and biased towards men. Because you're woman you deserve some special political office and a Nigerian man should be robbed of the right to run for such offices? Una think say government na Toto matters? Abi una wan mad now? Watin dey give these women mind to say Dem want rule people. That's why I love Taliban and all Islamic militias and countries that contain women in their rightful place. In Afghanistan who the hell are you to come out with your pussy that you want rule over men? These stupid Nigerian politicians don too fhuck these women to the them lost their senses. One stupid governor in my state is forcefully putting some pdp prostitutes girls as councillors in Delta. When did all these nonsense start in my country? ISWAP need to step up their objectives let these nonsense finally stop.
Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by derecho(m): 3:10pm On Mar 08, 2022
What's the relationship between what you've written and the issue at hand?
So Africa is backward solely because men are incharge?
BloomingDale:

As if the male politicians are even better. Look at the state of your country and continent and compare and contrast to your fellow men from other countries. Awon oloshi slaves to the white man.
Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by pmc01(m): 3:15pm On Mar 08, 2022
derecho:
You needed to listen to them, especially the woman that came with her.Just dey blow empty girama...those interviewers just they politely school them.

They are mostly emotional beings and they thrive on emotionally manipulating others.
Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by derecho(m): 3:19pm On Mar 08, 2022
But I expected these educated ones to be smart. I have never been this disappointed all my life.

Anyways, this is a proof that being educated isn't exactly same as being wise.
pmc01:

They are mostly emotional beings and they thrive on emotionally manipulating others.
Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by Siwisheswereesh: 3:33pm On Mar 08, 2022
helinues:

At least first step from reps

All to keep them quiet. That's where it all ends... smiley
Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by airsaylongcome: 3:35pm On Mar 08, 2022
So wait, the results of an election can be rescinded following a valid voting process? INEC are you watching?
Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by apatheticme(f): 3:45pm On Mar 08, 2022
derecho:
I listened to Pauline Talin with another lady on NTA this morning and I must say I was ashamed that they could not articulate why women should be allowed to have those seats reserved for them. All they could say is we are your mothers bla bla bla...we know those that are our enemies in the house...we'll go and tell the women in their wards not to vote for them... Kai.
I just shook my head.Most of these women in politics are just embarrassing women.

It is a well known fact that the Nigerian political space is hostile, not just for women, but for men also. Thus, intellectuals both male and female generally avoid Nigerian kind of politics like a plague.

Hence, the political space of course would be filled with dumbasses and bimbos who will possess lots of confidence in talking rubbish, with connections and money to pursue political power.

The major reason why we are where we are. Mediocrity gets to the top and governs the intellectuals.

It is what it is, not necessarily a women thing!
Men in our political space have said worse at various occasions, including our darling president.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by rita25(f): 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2022
WOMAN WOMAN WOMAN NOBODY BE LIKE WOMAN kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by klas(m): 5:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
Hammyaladin:
Someone should explain what they did please.

Warripriders:
In plain English pls.

It just mean that they have cancelled their earlier actions on those bills as if they never came up for consideration before.

The bills will now be presented anew in 4 weeks time for fresh consideration and voting.
Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 08, 2022
klas:

It just mean that they have cancelled their earlier actions on those bills as if they never came up for consideration before.

The bills will now be presented anew in 4 weeks time for fresh consideration and voting.
Ok. Social media is very powerful. This is coming after the backlash de got from Twitter feminist I guess!

But personally, I feel women should work for the position de demand and it shouldn't be handed over to them on a platter of Gold!
Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by Alexgeneration(m): 5:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
helinues:
Very good.

The pressure was too much on them to make a u-turn
What kind of nonsense pressure is that?
Why creating special seats for women?
Is leadership some kind of candy? It's tantamount to saying because more men are making first class, therefore we will stop issuing first class to them and give more first class to women, not because they are intelligent and passed their exams but because they have vagina.

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by Alexgeneration(m): 5:28pm On Mar 08, 2022
apatheticme:

It is a well known fact that the Nigerian political space is hostile, not just for women, but for men also. Thus, intellectuals both male and female generally avoid Nigerian kind of politics like a plague.

Hence, the political space of course would be filled with dumbasses and bimbos who will possess lots of confidence in talking rubbish, with connections and money to pursue political power.

The major reason why we are where we are. Mediocrity gets to the top and governs the intellectuals.

It is what it is, not necessarily a women thing!
Men in our political space have said worse at various occasions, including our darling president.
Well, they can reconsider their stance but women are not getting any special seats cos they have vagina.
Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by pmc01(m): 5:36pm On Mar 08, 2022
derecho:
But I expected these educated ones to be smart. I have never been this disappointed all my life.

Anyways, this is a proof that being educated isn't exactly same as being wise.

It's disappointing, really.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by apatheticme(f): 5:39pm On Mar 08, 2022
Alexgeneration:

Well, they can reconsider their stance but women are not getting any special seats cos they have vagina.

One wonders why all the seats should go to y'all cos of a deek grin

Ever wondered why female inclusion is important in global politics?? (No of course not. Cause just like the bimbos you follow about, your brain is stuck in your deek).

It is well known (by people with actual brains of course) that women comprise half of any country's population, and yet they hold only about one-fifth of government elected positions. Women in key positions in government have shown that they are as capable and effective as their male counterparts in assuming leadership and decision-making roles.

Thus, it makes sense that half of the population of a country with vaginas (as you succinctly put) should not just get to vote only during elections, but also have equal rights to be voted for or have seats reserved in the house for them that they can compete to enter. At least 30% female participation is not too bad for any forward thinking country. Its a way of creating an enabling environment and improving female inclusiveness. Besides It's simply within women's constitutional rights to have positions thrown open for them to aspire to.

Don't be greedy cos you gat a pen.is grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by Alexgeneration(m): 5:53pm On Mar 08, 2022
apatheticme:

One wonders why all the seats should go to y'all cos of a deek grin

Ever wondered why female inclusion is important in global politics?? (No of course not. Cause just like the bimbos you follow about, your brain is stuck in your deek).

It is well known (by people with actual brains of course) that women comprise half of any country's population, and yet they hold only about one-fifth of government elected positions. Women in key positions in government have shown that they are as capable and effective as their male counterparts in assuming leadership and decision-making roles.

Thus, it makes sense that half of the population of a country with vaginas (as you succinctly put) should not just get to vote only during elections, but also have equal rights to be voted for or have seats reserved in the house for them that they can compete to enter. At least 30% female participation is not too bad for any forward thinking country. Its a way of creating an enabling environment and improving female inclusiveness. Besides It's simply within women's constitutional rights to have positions thrown open for them to aspire to.

Don't be greedy cos you gat a pen.is grin
No leadership position is exclusively meant for anyone cos of their genitals. Every gender can vote and be voted for in any elective position but some people with vagina thinks they should be give special seats while mouthing equality.

If you want to lead, contest and win. You lots claim to be half of the population, gather yourselves and tilt the election to your advantage and not constituting nuisance on the streets and asking for handouts.

Special seats are dead on arrival cos it reeks of inequality cos there are no "special seats for men.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by Bekind123: 6:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
I don't even understand what I read. Is it the 68 and 38 that provides special seats for women and provides special quota for women in government MDAs? Una dey craze for this country if those 2 bills will be revisited I hope they have been dropped. The bills are annoying and biased towards men. Because you're woman you deserve some special political office and a Nigerian man should be robbed of the right to run for such offices? Una think say government na Toto matters? Abi una wan mad now? Watin dey give these women mind to say Dem want rule people. That's why I love Taliban and all Islamic militias and countries that contain women in their rightful place. In Afghanistan who the hell are you to come out with your pussy that you want rule over men? These stupid Nigerian politicians don too fhuck these women to the them lost their senses. One stupid governor in my state is forcefully putting some pdp prostitutes girls as councillors in Delta. When did all these nonsense start in my country? ISWAP need to step up their objectives let these nonsense finally stop.
Noise maker, Please keep quiet .
Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by apatheticme(f): 11:13pm On Mar 08, 2022
Alexgeneration:

No leadership position is exclusively meant for anyone cos of their genitals. Every gender can vote and be voted for in any elective position but some people with vagina thinks they should be give special seats while mouthing equality.

If you want to lead, contest and win. You lots claim to be half of the population, gather yourselves and tilt the election to your advantage and not constituting nuisance on the streets and asking for handouts.

Special seats are dead on arrival cos it reeks of inequality cos there are no "special seats for men.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by 1844ivvv: 11:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
[s]
helinues:
Very good.

[/s]
Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by 1844ivv: 11:58pm On Mar 08, 2022
[s]
helinues:
Very good.

[/s]
Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by Alexgeneration(m): 1:25am On Mar 09, 2022
apatheticme:

Many of you guys just want to argue for the sake of argument or to score cheap likes from your fellow women-hating dumbass pillars on this forum!

Special seats are demanded at the Senate owing to the fact that women are disadvantaged especially in a highly patriarchal society like ours. It is no news that men tend to occupy most positions both at the upper and lower chambers of the house, while sidelining women.

Note that no one can get to the senate without having first been elected. Then after general elections comes the hussle for key parliamentarian positions such as President of the senate, deputy president, speaker of the house of rep, deputy speaker, majority and minority leaders, chief whip, various committee heads etc

Basically, both male and females have been elected already, with 35% special seats like the above stated are been demanded as part of female inclusiveness and Goal 5 of the SDG, target 5.

I'm sure your wisdom surpasses that of the people that put together the SDGs!! Tueh, keyboard Alfa mails everywhere undecided
No special seats for any elective position. Go and contest if you want to lead. The people who designed the SDG can do that in their kitchen and don't bring it to our polity.

You lots shouldn't push your luck too much by trying to destroy our democracy cos when push comes to shove, men will send you where you rightly belong, and believe me nobody will save you and nothing will happen - You can ask the women in Afghanistan.

P.S Go ahead and call me names cos that's the best you can do.
Re: House Of Reps Rescind Votes On Gender Bills by apatheticme(f): 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2022
Alexgeneration:

No special seats for any elective position. Go and contest if you want to lead. The people who designed the SDG can do that in their kitchen and don't bring it to our polity.

You lots shouldn't push your luck too much by trying to destroy our democracy cos when push comes to shove, men will send you where you rightly belong, and believe me nobody will save you and nothing will happen - You can ask the women in Afghanistan.

P.S Go ahead and call me names cos that's the best you can do.

Yeah I get it, people like you would rather move backwards, than forwards!

Since everyone is moving forward, improving their societies daily, reviewing and renewing policies to develop the society for a seemingly ideal future, which will better the lives of women( seeing as educating and empowering women results in a better society) disgruntled keyboard cowards like you and your sorry lots will only wail and wish we were all sent back to live like the barbarians unfortunate enough to be birthed in the Middle East!!

Well, if Afghanistan dey hungry you, jejely pack go dey live there na so that you can return to the stone age, hateful mumu like you.

If dey put Western countries and Afghanistan down, I'm sure you'll be the first to opt for Western world. Yet you are here trying so hard to propagate hatred against a gender who doesn't care if you exist!

Lazy oaf!

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appeal Court Reinstates Binani, Bwacha As Adamawa & Taraba APC Guber Candidates / The Sorry State Of Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene Federal Road / We have 1.2bn litres of petrol in stock, says NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.