Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? (2424 Views)

Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? / Is It Appropriate For 18+ Lady To Wash Her Father's Under wear? / How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Rubyjade: 2:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
IS IT APPROPRIATE FOR TWO SIBLINGS TO MARRY FROM THE SAME FAMILY?

I’ve seen it happen. My mother was an independent contractor who sold clothing when I was a child (read Avon Lady or Tupperware Lady, except for clothes) Three of her best customers were three sisters who married three brothers. In my own family I have a similar situation.

My mother had a brother and a sister. They married a sister and brother. The mother of the sister and brother that my aunt and uncle married had a first cousin of the same age they were and he married my mother.

So, three members of one family married three members of another family and my second cousins on my dad’s side became my aunt and uncle on my mother’s side.
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2022
Two half brothers married my great grandmother, she was too beautiful to let her out of the family so when her first husband died,the step brother married her lol.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Malory: 3:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
I won't support it
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Rubyjade: 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2022
Iyaebe:
Two half brothers married my great grandmother, she was too beautiful to let her out of the family so when her first husband died,the step brother married her lol.
What?!

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Rubyjade: 3:15pm On Mar 08, 2022
Malory:
I won't support it
Why
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Malory: 3:17pm On Mar 08, 2022
Rubyjade:
Why
I don't know but it doesn't look nice

2 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 08, 2022
Rubyjade:
What?!
Yes

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by SUPERPACK: 3:21pm On Mar 08, 2022
There is no issue here since there is no blood relation between the couples on both sides.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by PlayMaker14: 3:30pm On Mar 08, 2022
Iyaebe:
Yes it was a Royal family, her first husband was a high commissioner to the UK but unfortunately died then the other half brother who became a governor married her and she had kids for both husbands.It's obvious that my greatgrandma loves good life lol

Mtchewww.....

3 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Moeman: 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2022
yes it will improve unity...but it can also bring problems...it just depends on the families that are involved
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Rubyjade: 3:53pm On Mar 08, 2022
Moeman:
yes it will improve unity...[b]but it can also bring problem[/b]s...it just depends on the families that are involved
How?
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Jirilistic(m): 4:32pm On Mar 08, 2022
I see nothing wrong in it as there's no blood ties between both parties getting married
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2022
PlayMaker14:

Mtchewww.....
Agbero where have you been?

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Mercury12(m): 8:12pm On Mar 08, 2022
Iyaebe:

This is Ibo culture if I am not mistaken.

I think your grandma situation also happen among many tribes in Nigeria (marrying their late brother wives)
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Rubyjade: 8:18pm On Mar 08, 2022
cool
Jirilistic:
I see nothing wrong in it as there's no blood ties between both parties getting married
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Munzy14(m): 8:37pm On Mar 08, 2022
PlayMaker14:

Mtchewww.....
Iyaebe matters arising.... grin grin

That sigh...lol

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 08, 2022
Munzy14:

That sigh...lol
Where have you been
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Munzy14(m): 8:39pm On Mar 08, 2022
Rubyjade:
IS IT APPROPRIATE FOR TWO SIBLINGS TO MARRY FROM THE SAME FAMILY?

I’ve seen it happen. My mother was an independent contractor who sold clothing when I was a child (read Avon Lady or Tupperware Lady, except for clothes) Three of her best customers were three sisters who married three brothers. In my own family I have a similar situation.

My mother had a brother and a sister. They married a sister and brother. The mother of the sister and brother that my aunt and uncle married had a first cousin of the same age they were and he married my mother.

So, three members of one family married three members of another family and my second cousins on my dad’s side became my aunt and uncle on my mother’s side.
Yes you can...Very normal..

The one I saw recently was A distant relative first son marrying his twin sister's second daughter.
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Munzy14(m): 8:48pm On Mar 08, 2022
Iyaebe:
Where have you been
Been around watching you dey do do, the shake shake, the cause cause violence here and there.. cheesy
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 08, 2022
Munzy14:

Been around watching you dey do do, the shake shake, the cause cause violence here and there.. cheesy
lol but you know I don’t insult people,you still owe me a car sha
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Munzy14(m): 9:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
Iyaebe:
lol but you know I don’t insult people,you still owe me a car sha
Wetin you owe me?
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 08, 2022
Munzy14:

Wetin you owe me?
Aint you shy to ask me this type of question?Big boy like you
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by PlayMaker14: 9:22pm On Mar 08, 2022
Iyaebe:
Ain't you shy to ask Munzy for a car since your great grandma got married to a Fulani governor and his brother?

Go and sit down jare.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by PlayMaker14: 9:24pm On Mar 08, 2022
Munzy14:

That sigh...lol
Odogwu, leave that kolo.... grin
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Munzy14(m): 9:35pm On Mar 08, 2022
Iyaebe:
Shy ke... undecided

Na virgins the shy...No be people like me wey don the chop before the meeting.

Wetin you owe me? sad
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Munzy14(m): 9:35pm On Mar 08, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Odogwu, leave that kolo.... grin
I tire o... grin grin
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 08, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Ain't you shy to ask Munzy for a car since your great grandma got married to a Fulani governor and his brother?

Go and sit down jare.
You better take a back sit,don’t come and spoil show for me
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 08, 2022
Munzy14:

Shy ke... undecided

Na virgins the shy...No be people like me wey don the chop before the meeting.

Wetin you owe me? sad
I don’t owe you anything,if I even opt to give you something,will you be bold to collect?are you among those men that receives gift from women?if yes,where then is your masculinity
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Munzy14(m): 10:32am On Mar 09, 2022
Iyaebe:
I don’t owe you anything,if I even opt to give you something,will you be bold to collect?are you among those men that receives gift from women?if yes,where then is your masculinity
This is the mentality that makes most of your kind lose their men to side chics.

You feel a man doesn't deserve gift from a woman?

A man shouldn't be celebrated?

Smh...Change this mindset...Accepting a gift from a lady will never affect my Masculinity...Or that of anyother man...Know this and know peace cool

For your information, men love pampering more than women.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 09, 2022
Munzy14:

This is the mentality that makes most of your kind lose their men to side chics.

You feel a man doesn't deserve gift from a woman?

A man shouldn't be celebrated?

Smh...Change this mindset...Accepting a gift from a lady will never affect my Masculinity...Or that of anyother man...Know this and know peace cool

For your information, men love pampering more than women.
lol so even with the muscles they love pampering too
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Munzy14(m): 10:58am On Mar 09, 2022
Iyaebe:
lol so even with the muscles they love pampering too
Yes of course....As you woman should master the act of...It is away to get things from your man in Abundance..

It is a way of care giving to him..Which projects your love for him..

Your man is your first son... cheesy
Re: Is It Appropriate For Two Siblings To Marry From The Same Family? by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 09, 2022
Munzy14:

Yes of course....As you woman should master the act of...It is away to get things from your man in Abundance..

It is a way of care giving to him..Which projects your love for him..

Your man is your first son... cheesy
Pampering a man is funny sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Cousin Betrayed My Trust / Why Won't You Judge? / Mmmm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.