Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,202 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? (27876 Views)

Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? / Whenever He Quarrels With His Wife, She Brings Her 3 Brothers To Come Beat Him / 2 Kids From Same Family Kidnapped At Their School In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by DaveHarry(m): 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2023
The eldest got married to one of the two sisters almost 5 years ago, now my immediate elder brother who was married before he divorced, wants to go on and marry the younger sister to our elder brother's wife. I've been against the decision since yesterday but my brother is telling me that there's absolutely nothing I can do about his decision.

My other siblings are also insisting that it doesn't matter so I'm the only one on my side. So here's me asking if it's okay for them to get married or I'm overreacting (like a friend said) to the matter?

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Sep 22, 2023
DaveHarry:
The eldest got married to one of the two sisters almost 5 years ago, now my immediate elder brother who was married before he divorced, wants to go on and marry the younger sister to our elder brother's wife. I've been against the decision since yesterday but my brother is telling me that there's absolutely nothing I can do about his decision. My other siblings are also insisting that it doesn't matter so I'm the only one on my side. So here's me asking if it's okay for them to get married or I'm overreacting (like a friend said) to the matter?
Why do you not want your elder brother to marry the girl? undecided

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by garriAndsugar: 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2023
E be like say OP eye dey the girl body

112 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by MS247: 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2023
They married who they love, go and marry who you love

Big breast would fall, big yansh would look disgusting, tight pussy would enlarge

Only true love is worth the while

133 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 22, 2023
Not cool to me

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by SUPERPACK: 4:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
There is no medical nor traditional taboo in marrying from same family. I individually will support same marriage as this will strengthen the bond within the two families. Most marriages crumble because in-laws poke into the daughters marriages, afterall if the family fall na their wahala. In this case if you cause trouble you will know that one of your daughters will suffer too.

This is how marriage was designed in the olden days as people marry for family bond. Not the 21st century where boobs and large bum-bum is the indicator of partners

Just give them your consent and move on once the family of the girl accepts

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by Puss360(f): 6:16pm On Sep 22, 2023
Cousins can... but brothers... aww!!! Abeg I no fit...

8 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by AllenSpencer: 9:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
For the sake of peace! It’s not advisable!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by cry07z: 10:00pm On Sep 22, 2023
Nothing wrong.

If twins can do it see nothing wrong

10 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by Pappij: 10:00pm On Sep 22, 2023
Is that the only family available?

32 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by DrChukki: 10:01pm On Sep 22, 2023
It's okay... I've seen men marry 2 sister sef grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by DevilSignature: 10:01pm On Sep 22, 2023
grin
I'm not cool with that

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by ogaontop(m): 10:01pm On Sep 22, 2023
It's not bad, just that it breeds unnecessary competition!
If your brother is rich and goes to Dubai for a family vacation, wife drives big car while you and your wife can't afford any, do you think your wife won't be envious of what her sister enjoys and she has none to show off
Especially when your wife is the elder that sends your bro's wife on an errand when they were younger!

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by illicit(m): 10:01pm On Sep 22, 2023
Why are you against other people's happiness

Did you have anything with the lady in question?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by UncleKoboko: 10:02pm On Sep 22, 2023
Ask YOURSELF first.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by Budare: 10:03pm On Sep 22, 2023
MS247:
They married who they love, go and marry who you love

Big breast would fall, big yansh would look disgusting, tight pussy would enlarge

Only true love is worth the while
really
Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by naijapikin2(m): 10:03pm On Sep 22, 2023
If that family is a good family why not?
Nothing wrong with it.

It's when they are like the kardashians that you go in believing your own will be different, na lie o.
Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by fayomim: 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2023
illicit:
Why are you against other people's happiness

Did you have anything with the lady in question?

he wan Bleep the girl na

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by UncleKoboko: 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2023
garriAndsugar:
E be like say OP eye dey the girl body
Or deh
Is this a sensible response?

4 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by jaxxy(m): 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2023
DaveHarry:
The eldest got married to one of the two sisters almost 5 years ago, now my immediate elder brother who was married before he divorced, wants to go on and marry the younger sister to our elder brother's wife. I've been against the decision since yesterday but my brother is telling me that there's absolutely nothing I can do about his decision.

My other siblings are also insisting that it doesn't matter so I'm the only one on my side. So here's me asking if it's okay for them to get married or I'm overreacting (like a friend said) to the matter?

2 brothers of a family can marry 2 sisters of another family.

twins do this sometimes

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by DaveHarry(m): 10:08pm On Sep 22, 2023
Future4:
I've always wanted to ask this question. I don't think it is sha
It will be a ratio of 2:1. I don't trust asaba women. Even d wife of my other brother, I complained wen dey wanted to get married, now they are seeing what she's doing to him, yet they are still in support of another son marrying from there. Abi dis women sef dey use jazz for Dem, I no know. I don't trust female private school teachers.
Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by illicit(m): 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2023
fayomim:

he wan Bleep the girl na

Abi o

🥴

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by DaveHarry(m): 10:10pm On Sep 22, 2023
fayomim:

he wan Bleep the girl na
You think I'm that irresponsible?

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2023
Itsnotokay.com

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by DirtyGold: 10:12pm On Sep 22, 2023
Normally, it shouldn't be right but, you can apply the gen Z advice... do whatever makes you happy!

What's tha business?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by EmmaLege: 10:17pm On Sep 22, 2023
sad
Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by wisdomkid: 10:18pm On Sep 22, 2023
Ask any traditional person around you. Your parents, uncles, etc. If it's against your culture. If it is or not, why are you so against it?

It is not like if this turns out to a bad decision, it will directly affect you. You've stated your mind, said you're against it.
Next move? Man up and let them do what they want, it's their life, choice and they're adults to know the difference between a bad/good decision.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by LordBillionz: 10:18pm On Sep 22, 2023
There's nothing wrong with it

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? by Wealthoptulent(m): 10:19pm On Sep 22, 2023
Lolz.. spoil the family..
Ę fę ba ębi ję ni?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Young Widows Open Up On Their Life And Séx / My Younger Brother Is Addicted To Sports Betting, Please Help!!! / Feminist Allegedly Loses Husband To Her Non Feminist Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.