Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,771 members, 7,862,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:49 PM

The Mountain Climber - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mountain Climber (126 Views)

TB Joshua Praying On The Mountain For Coronavirus To End (Video) / TB Joshua On The Mountain Praying For Coronavirus End (Photos) / Pastor Anthony Olawale Dies During Mountain Of Fire Church Service In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mountain Climber by SonofIssachar: 12:32am On Mar 09, 2022
The story is told of a mountain climber who, desperate to conquer the Aconcagua initiated his climb after years of preparation. But he wanted the glory to himself; therefore, he went up alone. He started climbing and it was becoming later and later. He did not prepare for camping, so he decided to keep on going. Soon it became really dark.

Night fell with heaviness at a very high altitude. Visibility was zero. Everything was black. There was no moon, and the stars were covered by clouds. As he was climbing a ridge at about 100 meters from the top, he slipped and fell. Falling rapidly he could only see blotches of darkness that passed. He felt a terrible sensation of being sucked in by gravity.

He kept falling, and in those anguish moments good and bad memories passed through his mind. He thought certainly he would die. But then he felt a jolt that almost tore him in half. Like any good mountain climber he had staked himself with a long rope tied to his waist.

In those moments of stillness, suspended in the air he had no other choice but to shout, “Help! Help me God! Help me!"

All of a sudden he heard a deep voice, "Jack, Jack. Can you hear me? What do you want me to do?"

"Yes, yes! I can hear you. I'm down here!"

"I can see you, Jack. Are you alright?"

"Yes, but who are you, and where are you?

"I am the Lord, Jack. I'm everywhere."

"The Lord? You mean, God?"

"That's Me."

"God, please help me! I promise if, you'll get me down from here, I'll stop sinning. I'll be a really good person. I'll serve You for the rest of my life.

“Easy on the promises, Jack. Let's get you off from there first. Now, here's what I want you to do. Listen carefully."

"I'll do anything, Lord. Just tell me what to do."

"Okay. Cut the rope."

"What?"

"I said, cut the rope that is holding you." Just trust Me. Cut it."

There was a long silence. Finally, Jack yelled, "Help! Help! Is anyone else up there?"

The next day, the rescue team said they found a frozen mountain climber hanging strongly to a rope… HE WAS JUST TWO FEET OFF THE GROUND.

Have you ever felt like Jack? We say that we want to know the will of God, but when we find out what it is, we can't handle it. It sounds too scary, too difficult. We decide to look elsewhere. When He says, "Let go of the things that stand between you and Me, and trust Me with your life;" it sounds pretty scary. But when we let go, we find freedom and safety in His hands.

You need to cut the rope and simply trust in Him.

- Author Unknown

Meditation: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. - Proverbs 3:5-6

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Also read:

In God’s Hand
The Will of God
Life Without God

(1) (Reply)

SCHOOL EDUCATION SYSTEMS III / A Story About Integrity: Walking The Talk / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/03/2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.