Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena (33655 Views)

'This Is Spiritual' – Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Death Of Yul Edochie’s Son / Leaked Gay Sex Tape: Actor Godwin Maduagwu Reacts To His Video / Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Regina Daniels Atiku Appointment (2) (3) (4)

Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by Bluffly: 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2022
Hisbah21:
their problem
Walahi
Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by tiswell(m): 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2022
Eriokanmi:
These old bois again

Someone should please tell them this is 2022. Their reigh ended 10 years ago. They should just retire in peace. They've tried.

Whatever they put their money into in their hay days would determine if they'd end up like their predecessors or live abibe board. There's time for everything and music fame isn't forever. It's just like dbanj saying he'd shut down O2 arena, that would have been tantamount to a joke of the century. The duo reigned in the same era with dbanj.
they are far better than dbanj

Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by anonimi: 2:41pm On Mar 09, 2022
Eriokanmi:
These old bois again

Someone should please tell them this is 2022. Their reigh ended 10 years ago. They should just retire in peace. They've tried.

Whatever they put their money into in their hay days would determine if they'd end up like their predecessors or live abibe board. There's time for everything and music fame isn't forever. It's just like dbanj saying he'd shut down O2 arena, that would have been tantamount to a joke of the century. The duo reigned in the same era with dbanj.

You obviously don't visit museums and monuments, do you
Are you allergic to history?

Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by Eriokanmi: 2:41pm On Mar 09, 2022
tiswell:
hun
Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by tyson98: 2:42pm On Mar 09, 2022
This guy just spoil our dear Pidgin english

Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by omooba969(m): 2:44pm On Mar 09, 2022
stinflame:
If Davido, who came to do a sing along can almost shut down O2, then Psquare who are good with live performance will definitely do better

No doubt but they would have to hire a very good PR machine.
Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by kingthreat(m): 2:44pm On Mar 09, 2022
Even Tubaba is not sure of shutting down 02 Arena. P-square must be thinking there is O2 Arena is in Liberia.

Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by maestroferddi: 2:46pm On Mar 09, 2022
Eriokanmi:
These old bois again

Poor logic...

Dbanj has been practically dead as singer since his decline as a hitmaker...

On the other hand, the P-Square duo have been active as solo singers.

Rude Boy especially has released chart-topping songs during the separation.

It must also be stated that the market and indeed the music fandom will always embrace the duo because of the style of their music which traverses borders.

P-Square is an African brand...

Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by maestroferddi: 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2022
stinflame:
If Davido, who came to do a sing along can almost shut down O2, then Psquare who are good with live performance will definitely do better
Better put it that they are accomplished dancers and their music is majorly dancehall type which bode well with concert goers...

Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
Only reason with me live performance will flatten that 02 ...
Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by Sirmuel1(m): 2:53pm On Mar 09, 2022
Person go best this Uche again . E sure for me.
Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 09, 2022
maestroferddi:
Better put it that they are accomplished dancers and their music is majorly dancehall type which bode well with concert goers...
Not exactly, you don't need to be a dance hall type before selling a concert most especially if you have been consistent and with a good PR.

Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by Akharmony: 3:07pm On Mar 09, 2022
The truth is this dude are legend there is this soft spot this guys left in the heart of them fans. . Mi i love them some of them song nah ever green. . (This guy rose from nothing)

Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by olisaEze(m): 3:07pm On Mar 09, 2022
Okay dis might come as a shock, but no one needs ur opinions on selling out O2 Arena, Uche. Those that did it, did it without ur lean two cents. Unless u are offering another fake beat down to help dem sell?? grin

Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by maestroferddi: 3:07pm On Mar 09, 2022
stinflame:

Not exactly, you don't need to be a dance hall type before selling a concert most especially if you have been consistent and with a good PR.
There are songs which naturally do well for concerts, that's the point..
Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by farmfuseagros: 3:10pm On Mar 09, 2022
People actually thinks selling 02arena is moi moi
Okay ooo

Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by ThierryJay: 3:13pm On Mar 09, 2022
maestroferddi:
Poor logic...

Dbanj has been practically dead as singer since his decline as a hitmaker...

On the other hand, the P-Square duo have been active as solo singers.

Rude Boy especially has released chart-topping songs during the separation.

It must also be stated that the market and indeed the music fandom will always embrace the duo because of the style of their music which traverses borders.

P-Square is an African brand...

Forget your sentiments up there. None of the 3 First generation contemporary music Goats; Tuface, D,Banj & P'Square can sell out the O2 arena currently. The generation that loved their music are all middle-aged family people now and will not form the majority of the concert goers.

It's not a coincidence that all three Icons have recently accepted roles as judges on talent audition shows which is a subtle admission of their downgrade from A-listers.

Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by wallrichy: 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2022
Highly possible especially with that energetic energy dancing steps and all those lovely romantic heart catching and stealing love songs......hey men, I just remember this lyrics ...

You say your love no dey lie
You say your feelings no dey die
See me girl I dey cry
Eh ya, oh no
You say love no dey die oh
See me girl I dey cry
Tell me which kind lie be dis na today ya e don tey
… You say ur love no dey lie
E don tey
Make you tell your friends wetin dey (na today)
Shey you no say me I no dey lie
This is what you say to me, what you say to me
She go talk say we go spend our lives together
She like me pass her own mother
She prefer me pass her own father
My brothers tell me which kind lie be dis na today eya e don tey
… The very day that I saw you
Girl I knew you were a player
'Cause you wanna break ma heart and turn me upside down
Girl you no say me I no de lie
This is what you say to me what you say to me
Girl anytime wey I dey with you
Girl I feel sey you be witch oh
Make you get out of my sight make you find your way
Tell me which kind lie be this na today eya e don tey
… You say you love no dey lie

Push it more and it will be a success Psquare my brothers...
Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by wallarwallar(m): 3:22pm On Mar 09, 2022
They Can but they need to give it more time and if possible and very necessary they need a new song now that they are back 2gether .. 02 no be national theatre for Iganmu ooo

Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by obontami: 3:22pm On Mar 09, 2022
As much as I hate this bastard. The fool is saying the damn truth!
Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by obontami: 3:23pm On Mar 09, 2022
tiswell:

In what ways?
Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by sylve11: 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2022
Sabadon:
Wetin be "you na" , its una undecided

No spoil our broken english jor

I tire for them. embarassed cool
Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by phemmyfour: 3:34pm On Mar 09, 2022
P-square is still living in the past
Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by Cheq40: 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2022
Sabadon:
Wetin be "you na" , its una undecided

No spoil our broken english jor
"you na" (he's using dat 2 refer either peter or both of dem) you or una (yo"una"wink if u dnt gerrit den .....
Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by ppogba: 3:36pm On Mar 09, 2022
ThierryJay:

Forget your sentiments up there. None of the 3 First generation contemporary music Goats; Tuface, D,Banj & P'Square can sell out the O2 arena currently. The generation that loved their music are all middle-aged family people now and will not form the majority of the concert goers.

It's not a coincidence that all three Icons have recently accepted roles as judges on talent audition shows which is a subtle admission of their downgrade from A-listers.

It's good to know that there are still people who reason well on Nairaland.

Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by Abagworo(m): 3:39pm On Mar 09, 2022
ThierryJay:

You put it exactly as it is. They should concentrate on Adult Contemporary. Even Wizkid, Burnaboy and Davido now in their 30s have less than 5 years more to top the urban scene. Fireboy DML, Cjay, Omah Lay, Joeboy, Rema, Ruger, BNXN and some highly talented younger artists are watching the throne.

Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by ppogba: 3:40pm On Mar 09, 2022
obontami:
As much as I hate this bastard. The fool is saying the damn truth!

Atimes, mad people reason well. That is why they say a malfunctioning clock is correct at least two times a day.

The guy could be crazy but he says the bitter truth atimes. Try pay attention to him once in a while.

Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by ppogba: 3:44pm On Mar 09, 2022
obontami:

In what ways?

No need responding to someone comparing an individual to a duo.
That is the height of stupidity. But unfortunately, we have people that are more stupid on Nairaland.

Give or take, the comment is borne out of the usual tribalism. QED.

Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by hotseat: 3:44pm On Mar 09, 2022
The music scene in Nigeria is so dynamic that it doesn't give room for slacking.

A lot of water has already past under the bridge.

Though it is difficult to stage a comeback under this present musical dynamics, the twin brothers are still capable of "drowning" the 02 Arena.

They still have the "goodwill" of fans across the globe.

PSquare is back on full throttle!

Come on guys!

You can do it!

Go shut down the 02 Arena!
Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by gabicon: 3:49pm On Mar 09, 2022
FishLaps:
“The game has changed since you left” – Uche Maduagwu tells Psquare over plans to shut down O2 Arena.

Controversial actor, Uche Maduagwu, has reacted to a recent statement made by Nigerian singer, Peter Okoye, claiming that he and his brother, Paul, will shut down the O2 Arena even without new songs.

Paul Okoye had taken to Twitter to brag that Psquare would easily shut down O2 Arena following the success of Davido’s concert.

“We don’t need to shut down O2. We are only going to close it down; with or without new songs! Legend is Legend…Team P-SQUARE”, his tweet read in part.

However, Uche Maduagwu who is of the opinion that it would be hard for the music duo to have a sold-out concert at the O2 Arena took to his Instgram page to advise them.

According to him, the music industry has changed since Psquare went their separate ways years ago, and oly came back last year.
In his words,

Source: https://www.instagram.com/uchemaduagwu/

Shutting down O2 has to do with international appeal, Big Wiz, Buena boy, David, Nairamarley all have international appeal. P square with all due respect don't because they were in hiatus for almost 5 years and it's in that timeframe other musicians were building their international reputation. P can shut down any African country but shutting down O2 is way above their league right now.

Re: Uche Maduagwu Reacts To Psquare's Plan To Shut Down O2 Arena by obontami: 3:54pm On Mar 09, 2022
ppogba:

No need responding to someone comparing an individual to a duo.
That is the height of stupidity. But unfortunately, we have people that are more stupid on Nairaland.

Give or take, the comment is borne out of the usual tribalism. QED.

I just asked you a simple question. How about we debate like matured minds? State your reasons for thinking they're above D'banj. But instead you went on ranting like a lame off-spring of an epileptic bonobo monkey.

You probably think me your village drunkard father that was brought up as a tribalist bofoon, because he never left the slum he sired from.

Well, I'm not surprised. NL is full of sycophantic kids theses days.

You stupid cretinous ape!

Seyi Shay's Outfit To Seyi Law's Concert [PICS] / Small Doctor Donates School Bags, Boards And Other Study Materials To Schools / Davido Thrills Crowd As Infinix Hosts Fans Party (Pictures)