Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge (29265 Views)

Buhari Demands Six-month Progress Report On Solid Minerals Development Fund / Are These True Reflections Of 2nd Niger Bridge? / Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by Taiggarr: 1:06pm On Mar 09, 2022
wonder233:
When they lay one slab, they hire 20 drones to take photos, same project appearing on successive federal budgets since 2015, each year being the proposed completion date. Regime loyalists and their opposers trade insults, while the greedy politicians smile to the bank because they've used this same project to steal the nation blind

FT to the fvking C grin grin grin

Which one stone did your THIEVING PDP lay there

PAINED FRUSTRATED UNINTELLIGENT things!

2 Likes

Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by Taiggarr: 1:07pm On Mar 09, 2022
Angelaketu:
mushroom project

Ugly unkempt thing!

1 Like

Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by olamike02: 1:10pm On Mar 09, 2022
wonder233:
When they lay one slab, they hire 20 drones to take photos, same project appearing on successive federal budgets since 2015, each year being the proposed completion date. Regime loyalists and their opposers trade insults, while the greedy politicians smile to the bank because they've used this same project to steal the nation blind

At least they are laying something compared to GEJ your hero who commissioned the project on paper . Learn to appreciate little progress the government is making.

2 Likes

Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by olamike02: 1:13pm On Mar 09, 2022
In 16years of PDP what landmark project can they referred to as their contribution to Nigeria. They came stole and raped the country and left it naked.
Useless people. Never again.

2 Likes

Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by Godispeace: 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2022
Define the word "Mushroom' oponu shameless p*ssy shocked shocked shocked shocked
Angelaketu:
mushroom project
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by dejol88: 1:19pm On Mar 09, 2022
Ekejoestar:
Why did they put tollgate on the bridge?
This is one f the reasons I hated Jonathan and Igbo leaders. Can anyone point to any any state currently being tolled for interstate travel?

Igbo are being mistreated but some will argue.
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by hotseat: 1:23pm On Mar 09, 2022
It is not unexpected for the APC to make a huge political capital out of this 2nd Onitsha Bridge project.

Some have already christened it the Mohammadu Buhari Bridge (MBB).

PDP frittered away the golden opportunity of being the party to have achieved this "feat" but allowed themselves to wallow in the euphoria that power at the centre was their birthright.

For years, this project was built on mere paperwork as it was highly politicized without any will to see to its completion.

On this, kudos to Buhari and the APC in spite of their many obvious failings.

I hope this will serve as a lesson for the PDP that, if peradventure, it finds itself in the corridors of power at any other time in future, they would make hay while the sun shines.

1 Like

Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by dejol88: 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2022
hotseat:
It is not unexpected for the APC to make a huge political capital out of this 2nd Onitsha Bridge project.

Some have already christened it the Mohammadu Buhari Bridge (MBB).

PDP frittered away the golden opportunity of being the party to have achieved this "feat" but allowed themselves to wallow in the euphoria that power at the centre was their birthright.

For years, this project was built on mere paperwork as it was highly politicized without any will to see to its completion.

On this, kudos to Buhari and the APC in spite of their many obvious failings.

I hope this will serve as a lesson for the PDP that, if peradventure, it finds itself in the corridors of power at any other time in future, they would make hay while the sun shines.

No kudos to buhari anything. Inasmuch I hate the contract signed to tolled the bridge, Jonathan had paid counterpart fund for project execution as well as Lagos Ibadan expressway. But APC chose to delay the project till this date.

1 Like

Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by hotseat: 1:31pm On Mar 09, 2022
dejol88:

No kudos to buhari anything. Inasmuch I hate the contract signed to tolled the bridge, Jonathan had paid counterpart fund for project execution as well as Lagos Ibadan expressway. But APC chose to delay the project till this date.

Are you kidding me!

Please, tell me more.
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by winner37(m): 1:35pm On Mar 09, 2022
Exhibitionist government..
the adapt to my childhood mentality, we i got any new gift like shoes or cloth my neighbors will know. This same bridge when one slap is lay within the interval of 4 months the best abuja totographer will be call for classic pics...
senseless and useless government rubbish
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by dejol88: 1:36pm On Mar 09, 2022
hotseat:

Are you kidding me!

Please, tell me more.
Maybe should start by telling us how FG fund is on the project and how much this administration committed to this project?

Also show me any state in Nigeria currently being tolled?

1 Like

Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by pafra(m): 2:13pm On Mar 09, 2022
wonder233:

You sound like you know a little about construction.

You can not put the complete sum in a year budget.

The project sum will definitely appear in bit until the construction is completed.
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by wonder233: 2:41pm On Mar 09, 2022
GEJ is is corrupt politician under whose administration billions were stolen. Who made him anybody's hero? Same thing is also going on today, billions being stolen. This right here is the problem of Nigeria, because I criticised buhari, you jump and say I'm a gej supporter, when I criticised gej back then, his supporters said I was a buhari supporter.
When will you masses stop being foolish? These politicians don't care about you, they are even all friends. Instead of us to come together to demand better, we are taking useless sides as if it is a game. I feel sorry for you
olamike02:

At least they are laying something compared to GEJ your hero who commissioned the project on paper . Learn to appreciate little progress the government is making.
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by wonder233: 2:46pm On Mar 09, 2022
I don't give a fvk about the previous administration, I don't give a fvk about APC and PDP, they are all thrives. I criticised that previous administration for all the looting that was taking place then, same way I'm criticising this one for the looting also going on. I'm just an ordinary citizen. You on the other hand are in servitude to politicians who don't give a fvk about you in the name of "support". That is where I am different from you.
Alamkir:

At least they are taking photos of something...... The previous administration have nothing to take pictures of.
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by wonder233: 2:51pm On Mar 09, 2022
I don't give a fvk about the previous administration, I don't give a fvk about APC and PDP, they are all thieves. I criticised that previous administration for all the looting that was taking place then, same way I'm criticising this one for the looting also going on. I'm just an ordinary citizen. You on the other hand are in servitude to politicians who don't give a fvk about you in the name of "support". That is where I am different from you
Taiggarr:

Which one stone did your THIEVING PDP lay there

PAINED FRUSTRATED UNINTELLIGENT things!
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by aribisala0(m): 2:53pm On Mar 09, 2022
Wow!!

The Muhammadu Buhari Bridge
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by Panda7(m): 3:13pm On Mar 09, 2022
nice infrastructural project
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by Alamkir: 3:21pm On Mar 09, 2022
wonder233:
I don't give a fvk about the previous administration, I don't give a fvk about APC and PDP, they are all thrives. I criticised that previous administration for all the looting that was taking place then, same way I'm criticising this one for the looting also going on. I'm just an ordinary citizen. You on the other hand are in servitude to politicians who don't give a fvk about you in the name of "support". That is where I am different from you.

This long rant about ur assumption. Who told u I support anyone? Am just saying the project has been nonexistent for years just name and imagination. Now we have physical structure to show for it, let them take pictures with satellite orbiting in space if they want
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by safetyInspector(m): 3:39pm On Mar 09, 2022
People that are advertising this bridge is giving Buhari credit for constructing it and you are hating GEJ who they claimed never did anything for the bridge, isn't it an irony?�If GEJ original plan for the bridge is for it to be tolled why then their hero did nothing about it? He modified the initial design but forgot to remove the toll gate yet they still want us to celebrate him and spit on GEJ. How much is the cost of the project Nigerian government can't pay? Celebrating a hire purchase bridge is nothing but stupidity.
dejol88:

This is one f the reasons I hated Jonathan and Igbo leaders. Can anyone point to any any state currently being tolled for interstate travel?

Igbo are being mistreated but some will argue.

1 Like

Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by KingDamzzy(m): 4:59pm On Mar 09, 2022
Please the bridge should be called by its name - "The Muhammadu Buhari Bridge"

The beneficiaries of this laudable project no go sleep the day it is finally launched.

They are allergic to good news. Always wailing and wailing.
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:06pm On Mar 09, 2022
MIND YOU PPL THIS BRIDGE IS FOR LIGHT VEHICLES. undecidedif trailers stay on this bridge with heavy traffic the bridge will collapse. undecided
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by dejol88: 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2022
safetyInspector:
People that are advertising this bridge is giving Buhari credit for constructing it and you are hating GEJ who they claimed never did anything for the bridge, isn't it an irony?�If GEJ original plan for the bridge is for it to be tolled why then their hero did nothing about it? He modified the initial design but forgot to remove the toll gate yet they still want us to celebrate him and spit on GEJ. How much is the cost of the project Nigerian government can't pay? Celebrating a hire purchase bridge is nothing but stupidity.

Well I hated GEJ because at the time he launch the construction of the bridge was about same time he did that of Lagos Ibadan expressway, he didn’t put toll on the road but he forgot to remove toll on this bridge.How wonderful!

He did not forget anything because the bridge was to be constructed by PPP arrangement. That is pure wickedness.

Buhari administration told us that the money from abacha loot would be used to fund the Bridge but till date they have not told us if they have renegotiated with JB.
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by DMerciful(m): 6:47pm On Mar 09, 2022
PDP paid 70% of the fg 20% of this project. Julius Berger paid the rest and they'd recover their money from toll
Mikolo70:

Mention one project done by the PDP in South East?
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by DMerciful(m): 6:49pm On Mar 09, 2022
Loool. GEJ started it and paid 70% of fg obligation of 20%. The rest is borne by Julius Berger
Tareq1105:

Buhari and APC can never please people who have decided to be an unrepentant hater.

One fact you cannot deny is that Buhari started it and he's about to complete it.

Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by aribisala0(m): 6:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
DMerciful:
Loool. GEJ started it and paid 70% of fg obligation of 20%. The rest is borne by Julius Berger
Where did you get this rubbish from??

You overdose yourself on akpu as usual and come out to manufacture stories that have no basis in ANYTHING

You just made that up
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by DMerciful(m): 6:55pm On Mar 09, 2022
Daily Post Nigeria
Daily Post Nigeria

NEWSDoyin Okupe shares shocking revelations about Second Niger BridgePublished on April 14, 2018By Daily Post Staff

Doyin Okupe, former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan has shared 15 revelations about the Second Niger Bridge.

Quoting Chidi Cali, a Facebook user, in a post entitled: “GEJ, Buhari & The People,” Okupe said,

[1] The Bridge is NOT Being Constructed by the FGN.
[2] It’s a PPP Project which the FGN contributes a tiny fraction.

[3] The 2nd Niger Bridge Will Cost about N117 billion.

[4] Started in 2013 and should have been completed in 2017, but worked stopped for 31 months. Completion date Not certain now.

[5] FGN share of the Cost is N30billion. Jonathan through the Sure-P paid N21.2billion (71%) including N7billion for the completion of preparatory work (Phase 1).

[6] 38% of the work has been done as at Jan 2015.
[7] The N140b Oshiomhole said was wasted on Admin cost on the bridge was a lie, as admin cost will not be higher the to cost of the whole project.

[8] Buhari’s Govt Paid N2billion NOT $2billion as Osinbajo said during the Anambra state election. They will be paying another N3.05 when 2018 budget is approved.

[9] Work has restarted in earnest at the site and about 5%-7% has been completed bring the total completed work to about 43% to 45% according to an engineer I spoke to.

[10] All the pictures flying all over the internet are pictures of work-in-progress made during the 1st quarter of 2015.

[11] In summary Jonathan Govt have paid 71% of FGN share of the cost, While Buhari’s govt has paid 6.1%.

[12] Julius Berger, the Major Contractor and Construction company will put Toll Gate on Completion of the Bridge to cover their cost.

[13] The Construction Company is Funding the Project and the People using the Bridge will bear the cost via Toll Charges.

14] The real People building the Bride are Nigerians that will use the Bridge, as they will REPAY the cost to Julius Berger.

[15] For those celebrating Politicians and sharing old or fake pictures of 2nd Niger Bridge, the #Facts are Not on your side

aribisala0:
Where did you get this rubbish from??

You overdose yourself on akpu as usual and come out to manufacture stories that have no basis in ANYTHING

You just made that up
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by aribisala0(m): 6:58pm On Mar 09, 2022
DMerciful:
Daily Post Nigeria
Daily Post Nigeria

NEWSDoyin Okupe shares shocking revelations about Second Niger BridgePublished on April 14, 2018By Daily Post Staff

Doyin Okupe, former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan has shared 15 revelations about the Second Niger Bridge.

Quoting Chidi Cali, a Facebook user, in a post entitled: “GEJ, Buhari & The People,” Okupe said,

[1] The Bridge is NOT Being Constructed by the FGN.
[2] It’s a PPP Project which the FGN contributes a tiny fraction.

[3] The 2nd Niger Bridge Will Cost about N117 billion.

[4] Started in 2013 and should have been completed in 2017, but worked stopped for 31 months. Completion date Not certain now.

[5] FGN share of the Cost is N30billion. Jonathan through the Sure-P paid N21.2billion (71%) including N7billion for the completion of preparatory work (Phase 1).

[6] 38% of the work has been done as at Jan 2015.
[7] The N140b Oshiomhole said was wasted on Admin cost on the bridge was a lie, as admin cost will not be higher the to cost of the whole project.

[8] Buhari’s Govt Paid N2billion NOT $2billion as Osinbajo said during the Anambra state election. They will be paying another N3.05 when 2018 budget is approved.

[9] Work has restarted in earnest at the site and about 5%-7% has been completed bring the total completed work to about 43% to 45% according to an engineer I spoke to.

[10] All the pictures flying all over the internet are pictures of work-in-progress made during the 1st quarter of 2015.

[11] In summary Jonathan Govt have paid 71% of FGN share of the cost, While Buhari’s govt has paid 6.1%.

[12] Julius Berger, the Major Contractor and Construction company will put Toll Gate on Completion of the Bridge to cover their cost.

[13] The Construction Company is Funding the Project and the People using the Bridge will bear the cost via Toll Charges.

14] The real People building the Bride are Nigerians that will use the Bridge, as they will REPAY the cost to Julius Berger.

[15] For those celebrating Politicians and sharing old or fake pictures of 2nd Niger Bridge, the #Facts are Not on your side

38% of the work done in January 2015

How can you lie so shamelessly

Shidi? is this Shidioke or Shidibeere

read and educate yourself

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/491717-why-fg-abandoned-ppp-arrangements-on-second-niger-bridge-lagos-ibadan-expressway-fashola.html
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by DMerciful(m): 7:05pm On Mar 09, 2022
Read your link and see that the author is Fasola who has interest to twist fact.

If GEJ did not start and paid a large part of fg obligation, Bubu would never touch it. How come this is the only project Bubu is continuing in the East?

Same thing with railways, Bubu only touched them because its was far gone
aribisala0:

38% of the work done in January 2015

How can you lie so shamelessly

read and educate yourself

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/491717-why-fg-abandoned-ppp-arrangements-on-second-niger-bridge-lagos-ibadan-expressway-fashola.html
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by aribisala0(m): 7:10pm On Mar 09, 2022
DMerciful:
Read your link and see that the author is Fasola who has interest to twist fact.

If GEJ did not start and paid a large part of fg obligation, Bubu would never touch it. How come this is the only project Bubu is continuing in the East?

Same thing with railways, Bubu only touched them because its was far gone

And your source is

Are you not ridiculous?

Is this Shibeere or Shidioke

We all know that in 2015 there was nothing on ground so stop lying

I am not a Buhari supporter or spokesman
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by DMerciful(m): 7:17pm On Mar 09, 2022
https://nairametrics.com/2015/08/30/here-is-what-you-should-know-about-the-2nd-niger-bridge-project/

Read the above link. This was as at 2015. You think building a bridge starts with laying pillars?

By the way, Igbos would pay Julius Berger for the bridge through tolling so technically, its hire purchase
aribisala0:

And your source is

Are you not ridiculous?

Is this Shibeere or Shidioke

We all know that in 2016 there was nothing on ground so stop lying

I am not a Buhari supporter or spokesman
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by aribisala0(m): 7:26pm On Mar 09, 2022
DMerciful:
https://nairametrics.com/2015/08/30/here-is-what-you-should-know-about-the-2nd-niger-bridge-project/

Read the above link. This was as at 2015. You think building a bridge starts with laying pillars?

By the way, Igbos would pay Julius Berger for the bridge through tolling so technically, its hire purchase
Give it a rest and stop the childish lies
There is no Julius Berger money in this project
When GEJ left there was nothing on ground anything else is lies
Julius Berger will not be operating the tollgate
The bridge will be used not only by Eboes

You are clearly misinformed, ignorant and paranoid
The only thing GEJ did was spend money on consultancy which was just another chop chop with nothing to show

The old bridge is still there and won't be tolled

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Do You Think Will Be PDP Flagbearer For 2023 Presidential Election? / Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba / Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 77th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.