Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,939 members, 7,828,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge (29261 Views)

Buhari Demands Six-month Progress Report On Solid Minerals Development Fund / Are These True Reflections Of 2nd Niger Bridge? / Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by DMerciful(m): 7:29pm On Mar 09, 2022
Why the personal attack?

You're seeing a toll yet disagree its for Julius Berger when there are countless documentation on the funding of the bridge.

Ok mention one fg bridge with tollgate.
aribisala0:
Give it a rest and stop the childish lies
There is no Julius Berger money in this project
When GEJ left there was nothing on ground anything else is lies
Julius Berger will not be operating the tollgate
The bridge will be used not only by Eboes

You are clearly misinformed, ignorant and paranoid

The old bridge is still there and won't be tolled
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by Diligence: 7:34pm On Mar 09, 2022
Those 15 tollgates need to be taken out immediately...
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by aribisala0(m): 7:41pm On Mar 09, 2022
DMerciful:
Why the personal attack?

You're seeing a toll yet disagree its for Julius Berger when there are countless documentation on the funding of the bridge.

Ok mention one fg bridge with tollgate.
You are always lying without shame

The Minister in charge of the project said the PPP arrangement did not work and had to be ditched and you say he is twisting facts
The government can collect toll by themselves or concession it but Julius Berger is not interested in those PPP deals. It wants to be paid upfront
So you know more than him? That is paranoid.

You are just jumping from one subject to another

When I quoted you I was responding directly to your lies and distortions NOTHING to do with whether tolling is right or wrong

That is a political decision and like I said I do not represent the government so I am not here to defend them
but again it is paranoid, ignorant and or dishonest to pretend to be unaware or government plans to toll other roads

This project is not just a bridge but several kilometres of motorway
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by DMerciful(m): 7:43pm On Mar 09, 2022
You're being emotional and thats why the personal attacks even when i showed you where i got the info from.

Again, show me a fg bridge being tolled. How many kilometers of motorway?
aribisala0:
You are always lying without shame

The Minister in charge of the project said the PPP arrangement did not work and had to be ditched and you say he is twisting facts

So you know more than him? That is paranoid.

You are just jumping from one subject to another

When I quoted you I was responding directly to your lies and distortions NOTHING to do with whether tolling is right or wrong

That is a political decision and like I said I do not represent the government so I am not here to defend them
but again it is paranoid, ignorant and or dishonest to pretend to be aware or government plans to toll other roads

This project is not just a bridge but several kilometres of motorway

Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by aribisala0(m): 7:47pm On Mar 09, 2022
DMerciful:
You're being emotional and thats why the personal attacks even when i showed you where i got the info from.

You brought a dodgy source from 2015 and when I showed you a more recent quote from Fashola you are in denial because it does not suit your paranoid narrative.

Why or how is it my job too show you a bridge that is tolled. How is that relevant to the factual issues I pointed out to you.

That is nothing to do with me..

You can easily find out how many kilometres of motorway I do not expect that task to overwhelm your mental infrastructure
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by aribisala0(m): 7:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
DMerciful:

Extricate yourself from that paranoid mentality and study the National Tolling Policy of Nigeria
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by DMerciful(m): 8:07pm On Mar 09, 2022
So long
aribisala0:
You brought a dodgy source from 2015 and when I showed you a more recent quote from Fashola you are in denial because it does not suit your paranoid narrative.

Why or how is it my job too show you a bridge that is tolled. How is that relevant to the factual issues I pointed out to you.

That is nothing to do with me..

You can easily find out how many kilometres of motorway I do not expect that task to overwhelm your mental infrastructure
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by aribisala0(m): 8:16pm On Mar 09, 2022
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by Josywhyte: 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2022
This is very lovely. Abia still remain the dirtiest state in SE and their government ain't doing nothing about it

1 Like

Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by Halo22: 9:13pm On Mar 09, 2022
I must give President Muhammadu Buhari kudos for this project that has been used to corner the votes of the Easterners all these years.
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by Mikolo70(m): 9:57pm On Mar 09, 2022
DMerciful:
PDP paid 70% of the fg 20% of this project. Julius Berger paid the rest and they'd recover their money from toll
I said achievements.. You dey stammer.
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by Angy55(f): 11:02pm On Mar 09, 2022
toujurs:
What Goodluck couldn't do, buhari did it

For a bridge that is not completed yet. I shake my head angry
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by aribisala0(m): 11:36pm On Mar 09, 2022
Well Goodluck Jonathan entered an agreement for PPP but the economy dipped before he left office. He dd not succeed in diversifying away from oil and the moment oil prices fell in 2014 the Naira crashed. from $160 to 300
The "investors" lost their appetite and were dragging their feet. THAT is the real story . When the new government came in they continued dragging their feet as the exchange rate got worse and wanted a government guarantee if the toll revenue did not meet target ( calculated in dollars). Eventually the deal was cancelled after a long delay. Government decided to do it with funds which were sourced by this government .
How do I know this ? Fashola said so and I believe him. He said this in 2019 at the Ministerial hearing in the Senate from
38 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PDiTtkMnaU
Of course this was embarrassing for GEJ who had promised to go on exile if the bridge was not delivered so there is nothing wrong in the proposed name MBB
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by Benrosaria(m): 2:51am On Mar 10, 2022
presidency:
Ongoing construction of main work and associated infrastructure of the 2nd Niger Bridge Linking Anambra and Delta states.
#GovtAtWorkNG

Do we still need a bridge ??
Re: Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge by pmc01(m): 1:17am On Mar 11, 2022
dejol88:

Well I hated GEJ because at the time he launch the construction of the bridge was about same time he did that of Lagos Ibadan expressway, he didn’t put toll on the road but he forgot to remove toll on this bridge.How wonderful!

He did not forget anything because the bridge was to be constructed by PPP arrangement. That is pure wickedness.

Buhari administration told us that the money from abacha loot would be used to fund the Bridge but till date they have not told us if they have renegotiated with JB.

Hello

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Jonathan Rejects Obasanjo’s Peace Mission / Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba / APC Condemns Amaechi’s Absence At South-South Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.