Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee (3950 Views)

A Critical Review If The Copa American Final Chile V Argentina 2015 / Nigeria Record V Argentina / Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by kulutempa: 6:06pm On Jun 29, 2011
According to the BBC,  the World football federation  Fifa, is looking for Ibrahim Chaibou the referee from Niger Republic who officiated the international friendly match between Nigeria and Argentina at Abuja on 1 June 2011.  It will be remembered that the match was the subject of allegations of match fixing following unusual betting patterns during extra time which the referee extended beyond the official 5 minutes.   The ref was also due to retire shortly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13959376.stm

Looks like the ref has  collected his pension from this match.
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by Blesyn014(m): 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2011
Is it becose nigeria won the match they re nw sayin its match fixing.?
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by mkpologwu(m): 1:31am On Jun 30, 2011
I heard the ref is bona fide member of Boko Haram
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by chelseabmw(m): 3:34am On Jun 30, 2011
^^^^^^^^^
lol grin grin grin
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by emekaD3(m): 3:41am On Jun 30, 2011
mkpologwu:

haha he looks like one
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by mikuz(m): 8:09am On Jun 30, 2011
mkpologwu:

no wonder!
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by Leonoel202(m): 10:28am On Jun 30, 2011
shocked sad angry good, that illiterate referee,
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by vwvw(m): 10:54am On Jun 30, 2011
grin grin grin grin Na real Boko Haram referee, this NFF
GEJ for just ban them for 4 years, by then we for don learn
our lesson
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by sylve11: 11:08am On Jun 30, 2011
lol grin grin grin grin cool the guy go hide inside olumo rock grin cool
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by dipo4(m): 11:28am On Jun 30, 2011
dah ref i guess is not even a member of any official association. i pray make dem find am, find breeze! cheesy cheesy cheesy
I hear say rematch dey, make we brace up to do the historic twice jare and put 'dat training match away'. grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by otokx(m): 12:22pm On Jun 30, 2011
Interesting
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by ariy(m): 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2011
let wait and watch Argentina vs Nigeria season two featuring messi, di maria etc in bangladesh
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 30, 2011
kulutempa:

According to the BBC,  the World football federation  Fifa, is looking for Ibrahim Chaibou the referee from Niger Republic who officiated the international friendly match between Nigeria and Argentina at Abuja on 1 June 2011.  It will be remembered that the match was the subject of allegations of match fixing following unusual betting patterns during extra time which the referee extended beyond the official 5 minutes.   The ref was also due to retire shortly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13959376.stm

Looks like the ref has  collected his pension from this match.

At that bolded statement,
How can FIFA say they are looking for a referee? We all know that every referee is registered with an FA and only a FIFA rated referee can officiate at such international friendly match. I think FIFA is joking! If that referee is not known by FIFA let them tell us so that we can ask appropriately, how an unregistered referee was contacted to officiate a FIFA grade A friendly
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by bisiaet: 1:07pm On Jun 30, 2011
Let them keep Mahunting or if they like let the f u c k i n g Blatter Womanhunt the refree is his cup of tea because if it was Argentina who came to Abuja to huliated us by beating evemn 10-0 they wont talk of match fixing rather they will increase Argentina place in the world soccer table but now reverse is the case and they are hunting the referee and so on.

Blatter never hunt himself for corruption allegation against him instead he was playing smart and want use Nigeria Argentia match to win ranks. Nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by Jossy7575(m): 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2011
That referee was really funny. he just showed the stuff referees from Niger were made of.
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by Jossy7575(m): 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2011
That referee was really funny. he just showed the stuff referees from Niger were made of.
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by blackwood(m): 4:07pm On Jun 30, 2011
its not as if he gave us four penalties, three of our goals were from smooth open play.
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by ogaemma: 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2011
Shameless Fifa,let them manhunt themselves.See how they have spoil the game with bribery and corruption. Blatter is worst then PDP politicians.
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by Diligence: 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2011
Indeed Fifa is becoming more stupid by the day!!! What if Argentina had won by same margin - normal, abi?
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by vislabraye(m): 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2011
Its not about Nigeria winning by that margin. There was a bet that there would be a 5th goal and the seely ref. gave a controversial penalty. Totally hogwash
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by Tyche(m): 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2011
If they offer me a fifa Executive member seat, I will tell them where he is.
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by sizzlers(m): 9:35pm On Jun 30, 2011
the ref a boko hahamyth, lol. i no fit laugh
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by binhozie(m): 2:45am On Jul 01, 2011
You guys dont understand. .
Its not cos of the 4-1. Its the last goal.
There was a pattern, if you didnt watch the match go and watch it
It has nothing to do with Nigeria, rather the betting pattern
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by kidgenious(m): 2:55am On Jul 01, 2011
Utter Rubbish, n Nigeria still dropped in there stupid ranking to 41!!!
Fifa should put its house in order before making idiotic comments n remarks.
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by Emeka72(m): 11:55am On Jul 01, 2011
@OP ; dat's what people would say; because it was Nigeria.
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by Gbenge77(m): 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2011
Goodluck to them.
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by ben9ice: 4:21pm On Jul 01, 2011
let them say what they want nigeria has already won that match let wait and watch second keg argentina o ni duro tongue
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by tosinaded(m): 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2011
its not the scoreline that is the problem. . its the betting pattern, and the controversial 5th goal that favoured the betting pattern!
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by semid4lyfe(m): 7:48pm On Jul 01, 2011
tosinaded@:

its not the scoreline that is the problem. .  its the betting pattern, and the controversial 5th goal that favoured the betting pattern!

TRUE!

Some sharp guys wey sabi "evry" & "wetin dey" hammer some serious kishi from placing bets on that 5th goal. grin
Re: Fifa Manhunt For Nigeria v Argentina Match Referee by Mobinga: 9:46am On Jul 02, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Solution Centre / Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria / Goal Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.