Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. (4476 Views)

Updates On 2nd Niger Bridge As Obi Of Onitsha Visits (videos, Pics) / Are These True Reflections Of 2nd Niger Bridge? / Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by Paschal2806: 11:41am On Mar 09, 2022
*As it Happened Today:*
*Presidential Delegation Team Visit 2nd Niger Bridge.*

Chief of Staff to the President Prof. Gambari, Anambra APC Leader, Dr Chris Ngige, Minister of Works, Raji Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today.

*…As President Buhari promises to commission the Bridge in October 2022.*

…There’ll be 2 weeks power shutdown in April to relocate power lines around bridgehead-Fashola

…No decision yet on tolling on 2nd Niger Bridge highway-Works Minister

In what appears as a pre-commissioning event, the Chief of Staff to the President, Prof Ibrahim Gambari, on Tuesday led a team of senior government officials to inspect the progress of work on the second Niger Bridge that is primed to link major cities in the Southeast and Southsouth with the rest of the country.

The bridge, which was inherited from the previous administration in the country, appears to be a signature project, which the Buhari administration is anxiously waiting to deliver and make a major statement as a demonstration of its commitment and political will in delivering within a space of three years.

After being led on inspection of the ambitious project by the Minister of Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, the Chief of Staff to the President, revealed that the send Niger Bridge has so far gulped over N400 billion but that the administration was satisfied the project would finally be delivered in October.

*Prof Gambari explained that out of the N400 billion already spent , the previous administration committed N10 billion into the project, adding that contrary to insinuations, the project being funded 100 percent by the Nigerian government.*

2-week Power disruption planned to fix transmission lines around Bridge head- Fashola

The Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, announced that there would be power disruption around the bridge head for two weeks in April this year to enable the Transmission Company of Nigeria to relocate and realign the transmission lines to pave the way for the completion of the ring roads connecting the bridge from all routes.

The minister also announced that with the completion of concrete work on the bridge, making it possible for a walk from the beginning to the end of the 1.6 kilometres stretch, the minor alignments on the structure would be wrapped up before the end of April.

*Tollgate on 2nd Niger Bridge undecided-Works Minister*

Reacting to whether there would be tollgate at the Second Niger Bridgehead, Fashola said that his priority was to complete the road before delving into the suitability or otherwise of the road for tolling.

The minister said that although there is a Federal Executive Council approval for the tolling of 12 highways in the country, the decision on tolling the 2nd Niger Bridge head was yet to be made by the federal government.

That notwithstanding, there are ongoing construction of facilities that have the semblance of toll gates at the bridgehead.

*Work on 2nd Niger Bridge at 93% level of completion-Julius Berger MD, Richter*

Explaining the project to the presidential entourage, which also included the Minister of Labour and Productivity, Dr. Chris Ngige and the Managing Director of the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority, NSIA, Dr. Uche Orji, the Managing Director of Julius Berger Nigeria Limited, Lars Richter, disclosed that the level of work on the bridge, which they started in earnest in 2018, had reached 93 percent.

Richter said that despite the difficult terrain where the bridge is situated, the company deployed a special technology to stabilize the ground for the construction work to progress in earnest and provide environmental safety for all the communities around the area.

*It will be recalled that the 2nd Niger Bridge, which was officially started in 2014 by the President Goodluck Jonathan administration, however gathered much steam in 2018 when the project was given adequate and sustained funding by the Buhari government.*

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by immortalcrown(m): 11:44am On Mar 09, 2022
Please, how is this project funded?

Also, why is there a tollgate near the bridge? Who intends to get a refund of the money spent on the bridge?

ADDED:
This question shows that majority of people here are stupid. If you know the answer to the question, give the answer. If you do not know the answer, leave the question. What is tribal about the question? Is it a crime to ask a necessary question? I asked the question based on a claim I saw. I added a picture of the claim to justify my question. These fools cannot say my question is baseless. Stupid people are using sentiment to read negative meaning into the simple question.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by Parachoko: 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
immortalcrown:
So, do that mean the construction of the bridge was started in 2020?

4 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by seunmsg(m): 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2022
immortalcrown:

I don’t understand why you Igbos hate the truth so much. New Jersey did not mandate anything on FG. It was FG that choose the projects it intends to finance with the recovered loot and the second Niger bridge happen to the among the projects selected by FG. If Buhari had chosen other projects, it wouldn’t have made any difference to the state of New Jersey.

So many Abacha loot were recovered and shared among political cronies during the Jonathan administration. If GEJ had committed the recovered loot to infrastructural development, the second Niger bridge and Lagos Ibadan expressway would have long been completed.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by immortalcrown(m): 12:15pm On Mar 09, 2022
seunmsg:
I don’t understand why you Igbos hate the truth so much. New Jersey did not mandate anything on FG. It was FG that choose the projects it intends to finance with the recovered loot and the second Niger bridge happen to the among the projects selected by FG. If Buhari had chosen other projects, it wouldn’t have made any difference to the state of New Jersey. So many Abacha loot were recovered and shared among political cronies during the Jonathan administration. If GEJ had committed the recovered loot to infrastructural development, the second Niger bridge and Lagos Ibadan expressway would have long been completed.
You are obviously very stupid. I asked a question based on a claim I saw. How does asking the question mean hating the truth? Am I not seeking the truth by asking the question? Also, must I be an Igbo before I can ask about the project? You just displayed your stupidity here.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by immortalcrown(m): 12:17pm On Mar 09, 2022
Parachoko:
So, that means the construction of the bridge was started in 2020.
I do not know when the construction started. I really need to understand how the project is being funded.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by Alexgeneration(m): 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2022
seunmsg:

I don’t understand why you Igbos hate the truth so much. New Jersey did not mandate anything on FG. It was FG that choose the projects it intends to finance with the recovered loot and the second Niger bridge happen to the among the projects selected by FG. If Buhari had chosen other projects, it wouldn’t have made any difference to the state of New Jersey.

So many Abacha loot were recovered and shared among political cronies during the Jonathan administration. If GEJ had committed the recovered loot to infrastructural development, the second Niger bridge and Lagos Ibadan expressway would have long been completed.
I don't know why Yoruba people hate Igbos too much. So much hatred that you lots can lie even when the facts are staring at you.

That money was released on conditions that they will be used for major projects across the country because the ones released before were not accounted for.

The projects were spread across the country and the second Niger bridge was one of them. But Yoruba dogs on this forum and their Igbo hating mods will always do anything to show their bile against the Igbos.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by Golan007: 1:32pm On Mar 09, 2022
Alexgeneration:
I don't know why Yoruba people hate Igbos too much. So much hatred that you lots can lie even when the facts are staring at you.

That money was released on conditions that they will be used for major projects across the country because the ones released before were not accounted for.

The projects were spread across the country and the second Niger bridge was one of them. But Yoruba dogs on this forum and their Igbo hating mods will always do anything to show their bile against the Igbos.

Which ones were released before?
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by Alexgeneration(m): 1:40pm On Mar 09, 2022
Golan007:

Which ones were released before?
That was the first time Abacha's loot was returned to Nigeria?

If you don't know, Obasanjo received Abacha's loot during his tenure.

4 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by Golan007: 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2022
Alexgeneration:
That was the first time Abacha's loot was returned to Nigeria?

If you don't know, Obasanjo received Abacha's loot during his tenure.

Oh.

So you mean Obasanjo/Atiku and the PDP gang swallowed what was initially refunded?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by Rugaria: 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2022
The TOLL GATES have been commissioned!
We in Igboland will be the first region to pay every dime for the bridge built to link the region with the rest of the country..
The federal government built all the Lagos mainland bridges, none was tolled!
If you talk now, they will say you're the tribalist..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by Alexgeneration(m): 2:25pm On Mar 09, 2022
Golan007:

Oh.

So you mean Obasanjo/Atiku and the PDP gang swallowed what was initially refunded?
GNS 101 will teach you about context in any conversation (if you graduated from school).

The context of this thread is entirely different from what you just wrote.

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by Oksman(m): 2:43pm On Mar 09, 2022
immortalcrown:

I asked a question based on a claim I saw. How does asking the question mean hating the truth? Am I not seeking the truth by asking the question? Also, must I be an Igbo before I can ask about the project? You just displayed your stupidity here.

Extreme stupidity if I may add to your observation.

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by Nyanmiridunce: 2:54pm On Mar 09, 2022
GEJ paid for the bridge with his verve debit card before leaving. grin

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by helinues: 2:55pm On Mar 09, 2022
Good
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by christistruth01: 2:58pm On Mar 09, 2022
immortalcrown:

It is now Gen Abacha that funded the bridge

At least IPOB are not claiming that Nnamdi Kanu built the 2nd Niger Bridge

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by ebufa: 3:18pm On Mar 09, 2022
seunmsg:

oh please shut it! You people always forget and sweep aside the megalomania of Fulani leaders.....The USA just decided to go after the abacha loot of $150 million dollars of a sitting governor Bagudu but you Yorubas will not call them out .........its always jonathan this Jonathan that! The USA government literally had to force the government to fund the 2N bridge with abacha loot......this is a fact!

8 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by Igboland: 3:39pm On Mar 09, 2022
So you can screaming western Yoruba media tomorrow. What is your trube doing that you can't call him abi dem tie your papa mouth.

ebufa:

oh please shut it! You people always forget and sweep aside the megalomania of Fulani leaders.....The USA just decided to go after the abacha loot of $150 million dollars of a sitting governor Bagudu but you Yorubas will not call them out .........its always jonathan this Jonathan that! The USA government literally had to force the government to fund the 2N bridge with abacha loot......this is a fact!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by Golan007: 3:43pm On Mar 09, 2022
Alexgeneration:
GNS 101 will teach you about context in any conversation (if you graduated from school).

The context of this thread is entirely different from what you just wrote.

You do General studies in your first year.

You don't need to have graduated to have taken the course which is in most cases not an elective.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by Alexgeneration(m): 3:45pm On Mar 09, 2022
Igboland:
Your Ebo father need is dead brain examined
Yoruba hate Ebo but it was Aurthur Nzeribe and cursed Ebo fool that called for the annulment of MKO Abiola presidential victory.

Another Igbo bastard spearheaded YEAA for Abacha to continue as a dictator but your entire myopic n deluded will never write of your miserable hate.

You talked about Yoruba hating your foolish tribe but you miserable bastard can't not tell us who you love. It is this your same cursed tribe that claim Hausa Fulanis Ikwerre Efik Arabs Malaysians Singaporeans Cambodians Tunisians Indians Pakistani South Africans Gabonese Kenyans British Germans Zimbabweans etc all hate your foolish miserable tribe.

Even you reason am, one particular pathetic tribe making this claim yet the pathetic foolish miserable tribe refuse to look inward to cure itself of irredeemable n chronic bigotry it accuse others of.

Pathetic Yoruba cvnt, what did Awolowo do to Igbos after being released from the prison by Ojukwu?
Betrayal and hatred is the trademark of your tribe after showing you lots love.

FYI, Omoluabi is your name but because of your generational betrayals and backstabbing that's why the Hausa call you Yaribanza (meaning traitors) which you daft lots anglicized to Yoruba.

Hatred against my people will be the end of you envious scums.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by immortalcrown(m): 3:49pm On Mar 09, 2022
Igboland:
Of course you are too foolish to research n fund out the truth on your own but you can attach rubbish photo of fraudulent quote with intention to fool you dead brain tribesmen because you are definitely not fooling other Nigerians.
Why not answer my question to prove you are not more foolish than I? Prove that you research about the bridge. If stupidity is not in your gene, explain what is wrong about my question.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by Igboland: 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
See the fool calling someone betrayal I ven with example I cited above. If your tribesmen ain't riddled with chronic bigotry you should be stone to death.

Ojukwu release Awolowo against the wish of the Gowon who we all saw the video where he went to meet him at the point of release while your entire Igbo tribe can not produce any photo to back your hopeless lie of Awo release by the dead brain Ojukwu that wasted over 2 million foolish Igbos for nothing.

Your head need to be smashed thoroughly, it need a hard reset. When talking betrayal call your forefathers in the like of Azikwe, Ekwueme, Peter Obi criminal that were willing slave to your aboki masters.

Alexgeneration:

Pathetic Yoruba cvnt, what did Awolowo do to Igbos after being released from the prison by Ojukwu?
Betrayal and hatred is the trademark of your tribe after showing you lots love.

FYI, Omoluabi is your name but because of your generational betrayals and backstabbing that's why the Hausa call you Yaribanza (meaning traitors) which you daft lots anglicized to Yoruba.

Hatred against my people will be the end of you envious scums.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by immortalcrown(m): 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
Igboland:
What hopelessly senseless question are you asking ? If you own a functional brain you think any state can dictate to a sovereign country what should be done with his own money. Sir, your dead head need to be beaten thouroghly for it to function at all.
Your manner of response does not portray you as a sensible person. If not that you lack sense, you will know that an agreement is usually reached when a country is returning stolen money to another country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by immortalcrown(m): 4:06pm On Mar 09, 2022
Igboland:
Your father need to slaughter every teacher that ever taught you a thing. So I need to research for your n provide you answers to a question you can't answer to prove I am more intelligent than you ?! Lol. No wonder there are so many of your tribesmen that make senseless comment on NL one wonder how any living thing can be so dead in the brain, so you expect someone your father his not paying to tutor your dead brain out of foolish entitlement ?!
You are good in making noise. I therefore command you to be louder in the noise making.

2 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by Gadafii: 4:40pm On Mar 09, 2022
Buhari no go complete this bridge, watch this comment, screen shot this
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: The True Story And Pictures Of The Bridge. by Perfectbeing(m): 4:54pm On Mar 09, 2022
Gadafii:
Buhari no go complete this bridge, watch this comment, screen shot this
I will quote you later this year when PMB will come to South East to commission this bridge. May God keep us both alive till then..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking: Head Of Aso Villa Cabal Revealed!! / It's Now Ijaw Vs. Ikwerre In Rivers State! / Beware Of Fake Senate Loan Scam, Akpabio Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.