Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,871 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter (3268 Views)

Russia Drills 700 Snipers Near Ukraine Border As Putin Warns NATO (Pix,video) / Israeli Snipers Kill Disabled Protester (Disturbing Photos) / Israeli Snipers Kill 37 Palestinians, Wound 1,300 Over US Embassy Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by LagacyHills: 10:58pm On Mar 09, 2022
ONE OF the world's deadliest snipers has arrived in Ukraine, vowing to fight the Russians as a volunteer fighter.

The trained killer, nicknamed Wali, previously travelled to Iraq on his own to fight against ISIS in 2015.

He crossed the border into Ukraine today, leaving his wife and infant son behind in Canada.

The 40-year-old was deployed twice to Afghanistan as a sniper with the Canadian Armed Forces between 2009 and 2011.

Wali fought in the same Canadian unit as the sniper with the world's longest confirmed-kill, of 3.5km.

He answered a call on Saturday from Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, who announced: "All foreigners wishing to join the resistance against the Russian occupiers and protect international security are invited by the Ukrainian government to come to our territory to join the ranks of our territorial forces."

The sniper, who goes by the nickname given to him in Afghanistan of 'Wali', said he was contacted by a friend on Friday who had been organising "neutral convoys" of humanitarian aid for several months to bring food to the occupied Donbas region.

Wali told French-Canadian publication La Presse: "He told me they needed a sniper. It's like a firefighter who hears the alarm ringing. I had to go."

He leaves behind his wife and baby son, who will celebrate his first birthday without him next week.

"I know, it's just awful," he said. "But me, in my head, when I see the images of destruction in Ukraine, it is my son that I see, in danger and who is suffering.

"When I see a destroyed building, it is the person who owns it, who sees his pension fund go up in smoke, that I see.

"I go there for humanitarian reasons," he added.

His wife, who asked to have her identity kept secret for security reasons, said she reluctantly allowed him to go.

"I knew that if I didn't let him go, I would have broken him," she said.
"It would have been like putting him in jail."

Wali told CBC that he and three other former Canadian soldiers who made the journey with him were greeted with hugs, handshakes, flags and photos by Ukrainians after they crossed the border.

"They were so happy to have us," he said. "It's like we were friends right away."

He said he crossed over from Poland, travelling against the tide of hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian refugees fleeing in the opposite direction.

Wali, who fought alongside the Kurds against ISIS in Syria several years ago, said he had travelled to Ukraine because "I want to help them. It's as simple as that."

He went on: "I have to help because there are people here being bombarded just because they want to be European and not Russian."

Since crossing into Ukraine, he and other veterans have taken shelter in an abandoned home, ahead of linking up with Ukrainian authorities.

Ukraine eventually hopes to build up a reserve unit of up to 10,000 officers and 120,000 volunteers.
Wali fought in the Royal Canadian 22nd Regiment, making tours of Afghanistan, Syria, and Iraq.

In June 2017, one of his comrades reportedly shot dead an Islamic State terrorist from an incredible distance of 3,450m - more than two miles away.

A military source told the Toronto Globe and Mail at the time there was "hard data on this. It isn't an opinion. It isn't an approximation.

"There is a second location with eyes on with all the right equipment to capture exactly what the shot was."

The unnamed sharpshooter used a McMillan Tac-50 firing a .50" Browning Machine Gun round.

Later, Wali became a computer scientist in Canada.

Even for an experienced combat veteran like Wali, the speed at which his life has changed in recent days is still shocking.

"A week ago I was still programming stuff," he said. "Now I'm grabbing anti-tank missiles in a warehouse to kill real people... That's my reality now."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17892036/worlds-deadliest-sniper-ukraine-russia-war-isis/amp/

2 Shares

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by maiiilooo(m): 10:59pm On Mar 09, 2022
Hmm
I've always dreamt of becoming a good sniper..for the sole purpose of eliminating our bad leaders

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
May God be with him and may Ukrainians come out as the victor. .. smiley smiley wink

3 Likes

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by 9gerian: 11:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
Just like it happens in movies…
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by puremaker7(m): 11:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
I'm tired of this Ukraine Russia saga.
can we forward it to the part where Russia nuke Ukraine and USA nuke Russia in return?
so that we can rest.

5 Likes

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by PrinceOfLagos: 11:01pm On Mar 09, 2022
Interesting times ahead

Fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by OtvnaijaNews(f): 11:01pm On Mar 09, 2022
Wahala dy oooo
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by NwaNimo1(m): 11:01pm On Mar 09, 2022

15 Likes

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Entprys(m): 11:05pm On Mar 09, 2022
reminds me of

"An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

By William Butler

2 Likes

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Brighton1(m): 11:08pm On Mar 09, 2022
HALA Madrid
HALA Madrid
HALA Madrid
HALA Madrid
HALA Madrid
HALA Madrid
HALA Madrid
HALA Madrid
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by wizonlyson: 11:12pm On Mar 09, 2022
grin grin embarassed..PSG..rightnow..

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by davillian(m): 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2022
maiiilooo:
Hmm
Na sniper him wan use slaughter?
Make him just come Nigeria,e be like say we go need am pass Ukraine
Snipers are deadly units in war
I fear them because of the unexpected shots....
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Nezero(m): 11:30pm On Mar 09, 2022
maiiilooo:
Hmm
Na sniper him wan use slaughter?
Make him just come Nigeria,e be like say we go need am pass Ukraine

A sniper uses a telescopic gun to hit Faraway targets.
Some 1 km away.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by FamTomx2(m): 11:37pm On Mar 09, 2022
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by qekng40(f): 11:40pm On Mar 09, 2022
I fancy this guy's accuracy. Snipers are damn accurate!
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Merisbankie(m): 12:03am On Mar 10, 2022
So Russians do not have snipers unit
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Gold179: 12:34am On Mar 10, 2022
Enough of this war, can't they just settle this already
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by MrBachelor: 1:00am On Mar 10, 2022
Propaganda. Hope he doesn't get killed first. Else, someone else will raise his infant son and steadily bang his wife.

5 Likes

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Detuner: 4:34am On Mar 10, 2022
Zelensky just said he wont be joining Nato no more. Meanwhile on nairaland, Ukraine has already defeated the Russian "invaders". grin

3 Likes

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by alizma: 5:12am On Mar 10, 2022
World longest confirmed kill of 3.5km?
More Russian generals to report to hell in few days from now.
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Realist12: 6:48am On Mar 10, 2022
This might just be the end of the road for him, after such a publicity he'd be a target .

2 Likes

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Druggey(m): 7:09am On Mar 10, 2022
my Naija niggaz were asked to pay $1K inorder to help Ukraine. they want my niggaz to purchase death with their money grin

1 Like

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Efulefu(f): 7:30am On Mar 10, 2022
puremaker7:
I'm tired of this Ukraine Russia saga.
can we forward it to the part where Russia nuke Ukraine and USA nuke Russia in return?
so that we can rest.

Can I press the forward button?

1 Like

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by LagacyHills: 9:06am On Mar 10, 2022
Very interesting
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by mysticwarrior(m): 9:17am On Mar 10, 2022
Russia also have dangerous snipers.
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by franchasng: 9:35am On Mar 10, 2022
I just wished he could target Moscow and take down the idiot called Putin.

The world should place a $5billion bounty on Putin for anybody that takes him down. The person will also receive citizenship of his preferred western country.
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Sadr: 9:37am On Mar 10, 2022
This one will just die infamously under the debris of bomb.
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by franchasng: 9:42am On Mar 10, 2022
Detuner:
Zelensky just said he wont be joining Nato no more. Meanwhile on nairaland, Ukraine has already defeated the Russian "invaders". grin
There was no way NATO would have accepted Ukraine into NATO because there is a special clause in NATO's charter that says before a nation will be accepted into NATO, that nation must not be at war with her neighbors.

Putin didn't invade Ukraine because of NATO, if it were, he ought to have invaded Lithuania or Latvia or other former USSR nations that are already NATO members to drag them out na since he has balls and feel he is bigger than the US, let him throw one bomb in a NATO nation and let's confirm something.

Putin invaded Ukraine for his personal devilish reasons not because of NATO membership. Most of you lack indepth knowledge of what's happening between Russia and Ukraine but because you are a Muslim or a US hater, you just jump on the bandwagon of foolishly supporting Putin when majority of Russians, including Russian soldiers don't even support the invasion of Ukraine
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Goodmarlian: 9:47am On Mar 10, 2022
maiiilooo:
Hmm
I've always dreamt of becoming a good sniper..for the sole purpose of eliminating our bad leaders

Oga be careful with your comments,this forum is not totally faceless as you think some dss agents are here ooo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Sends World's Most Advanced Warplanes To Black Sea / Biden Uses 'inshallah' In Response To Trump During Debate, Lighting Up Twitter / US Threatens Sanctions Against Officials In Tigray Conflict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.