Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,538 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter (3270 Views)

Russia Drills 700 Snipers Near Ukraine Border As Putin Warns NATO (Pix,video) / Israeli Snipers Kill Disabled Protester (Disturbing Photos) / Israeli Snipers Kill 37 Palestinians, Wound 1,300 Over US Embassy Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by maiiilooo(m): 9:51am On Mar 10, 2022
Goodmarlian:

Oga be careful with your comments,this forum is not totally faceless as you think some dss agents are here ooo.
Ok .. though I was only joking
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Goodmarlian: 9:53am On Mar 10, 2022
maiiilooo:

Ok .. though I was only joking

You don't make jokes with threats to presidents life.
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by yetunsbay(m): 10:10am On Mar 10, 2022
MrBachelor:
Propaganda. Hope he doesn't get killed first. Else, someone else will raise his infant son and steadily bang his wife.
He knows this facts already. Shey Una hear ?
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by sapientia(m): 11:42am On Mar 10, 2022
Merisbankie:
So Russians do not have snipers unit

It's easier to wait for someone

His only advantage is that he will be fighting on the Ukrainian side

And there is no way Russians will know Ukraine more than Ukrainians

1 Like

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by luminouz(m): 1:03pm On Mar 10, 2022
franchasng:
There was no way NATO would have accepted Ukraine into NATO because there is a special clause in NATO's charter that says before a nation will be accepted into NATO, that nation must not be at war with her neighbors.

Putin didn't invade Ukraine because of NATO, if it were, he ought to have invaded Lithuania or Latvia or other former USSR nations that are already NATO members to drag them out na since he has balls and feel he is bigger than the US, let him throw one bomb in a NATO nation and let's confirm something.

Putin invaded Ukraine for his personal devilish reasons not because of NATO membership. Most of you lack indepth knowledge of what's happening between Russia and Ukraine but because you are a Muslim or a US hater, you just jump on the bandwagon of foolishly supporting Putin when majority of Russians, including Russian soldiers don't even support the invasion of Ukraine

You are also wrong.

Very very very wrong

1 Like

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by obiekunie01: 3:10pm On Mar 10, 2022
alizma:
World longest confirmed kill of 3.5km?
More Russian generals to report to hell in few days from now.

na so easy.

that sniper will be a special target and will be eliminated in no time.
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 10, 2022
Entprys:
reminds me of

"An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

By William Butler
so u be good student of literature like myself...." Those that I fight, I do not hate,,, those that I guard, I do not love" you are a great man oh.

1 Like

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Elimon(m): 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
franchasng:
There was no way NATO would have accepted Ukraine into NATO because there is a special clause in NATO's charter that says before a nation will be accepted into NATO, that nation must not be at war with her neighbors.

Putin didn't invade Ukraine because of NATO, if it were, he ought to have invaded Lithuania or Latvia or other former USSR nations that are already NATO members to drag them out na since he has balls and feel he is bigger than the US, let him throw one bomb in a NATO nation and let's confirm something.

Putin invaded Ukraine for his personal devilish reasons not because of NATO membership. Most of you lack indepth knowledge of what's happening between Russia and Ukraine but because you are a Muslim or a US hater, you just jump on the bandwagon of foolishly supporting Putin when majority of Russians, including Russian soldiers don't even support the invasion of Ukraine

You're talking balderdash

1 Like

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Elimon(m): 6:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
sapientia:

It's easier to wait for someone

His only advantage is that he will be fighting on the Ukrainian side

And there is no way Russians will know Ukraine more than Ukrainians

Thats what most biafrans said in 1967...guess who won? ... The major player
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by dapoRead: 7:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
Mtcheeew! Continue your stupid PR. The west is winning the PR. On the ground, they are losing.

[s]
LagacyHills:
ONE OF the world's deadliest snipers has arrived in Ukraine, vowing to fight the Russians as a volunteer fighter.

The trained killer, nicknamed Wali, previously travelled to Iraq on his own to fight against ISIS in 2015.

He crossed the border into Ukraine today, leaving his wife and infant son behind in Canada.

The 40-year-old was deployed twice to Afghanistan as a sniper with the Canadian Armed Forces between 2009 and 2011.

Wali fought in the same Canadian unit as the sniper with the world's longest confirmed-kill, of 3.5km.

He answered a call on Saturday from Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, who announced: "All foreigners wishing to join the resistance against the Russian occupiers and protect international security are invited by the Ukrainian government to come to our territory to join the ranks of our territorial forces."

The sniper, who goes by the nickname given to him in Afghanistan of 'Wali', said he was contacted by a friend on Friday who had been organising "neutral convoys" of humanitarian aid for several months to bring food to the occupied Donbas region.

Wali told French-Canadian publication La Presse: "He told me they needed a sniper. It's like a firefighter who hears the alarm ringing. I had to go."

He leaves behind his wife and baby son, who will celebrate his first birthday without him next week.

"I know, it's just awful," he said. "But me, in my head, when I see the images of destruction in Ukraine, it is my son that I see, in danger and who is suffering.

"When I see a destroyed building, it is the person who owns it, who sees his pension fund go up in smoke, that I see.

"I go there for humanitarian reasons," he added.

His wife, who asked to have her identity kept secret for security reasons, said she reluctantly allowed him to go.

"I knew that if I didn't let him go, I would have broken him," she said.
"It would have been like putting him in jail."

Wali told CBC that he and three other former Canadian soldiers who made the journey with him were greeted with hugs, handshakes, flags and photos by Ukrainians after they crossed the border.

"They were so happy to have us," he said. "It's like we were friends right away."

He said he crossed over from Poland, travelling against the tide of hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian refugees fleeing in the opposite direction.

Wali, who fought alongside the Kurds against ISIS in Syria several years ago, said he had travelled to Ukraine because "I want to help them. It's as simple as that."

He went on: "I have to help because there are people here being bombarded just because they want to be European and not Russian."

Since crossing into Ukraine, he and other veterans have taken shelter in an abandoned home, ahead of linking up with Ukrainian authorities.

Ukraine eventually hopes to build up a reserve unit of up to 10,000 officers and 120,000 volunteers.
Wali fought in the Royal Canadian 22nd Regiment, making tours of Afghanistan, Syria, and Iraq.

In June 2017, one of his comrades reportedly shot dead an Islamic State terrorist from an incredible distance of 3,450m - more than two miles away.

A military source told the Toronto Globe and Mail at the time there was "hard data on this. It isn't an opinion. It isn't an approximation.

"There is a second location with eyes on with all the right equipment to capture exactly what the shot was."

The unnamed sharpshooter used a McMillan Tac-50 firing a .50" Browning Machine Gun round.

Later, Wali became a computer scientist in Canada.

Even for an experienced combat veteran like Wali, the speed at which his life has changed in recent days is still shocking.

"A week ago I was still programming stuff," he said. "Now I'm grabbing anti-tank missiles in a warehouse to kill real people... That's my reality now."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17892036/worlds-deadliest-sniper-ukraine-russia-war-isis/amp/
[/s]
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by sapientia(m): 7:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
Elimon:

It's obvious you lack sense
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Entprys(m): 11:27pm On Mar 10, 2022
Vickyvice:
so u be good student of literature like myself...." Those that I fight, I do not hate,,, those that I guard, I do not love" you are a great man oh.
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Ournolly: 1:20am On Mar 11, 2022
Elimon:

But Biafran soldiers killed far more Nigerian soldiers in the process.

The war ended because of the heavy casualties on the civilian side especially women and children.
If Russia for example employ such measures Kiev will surrender in a few days time.
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Ournolly: 1:22am On Mar 11, 2022
alizma:
World longest confirmed kill of 3.5km?
More Russian generals to report to hell in few days from now.
He will kill few soldiers, they will pinpoint his location and either machine gun him with helicopter or bomb him.

There is not much snipers could do in a fight that has the air dominated by the enemy.
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Elimon(m): 1:33am On Mar 11, 2022
Ournolly:

But Biafran soldiers killed far more Nigerian soldiers in the process.

The war ended because of the heavy casualties on the civilian side especially women and children.
If Russia for example employ such measures Kiev will surrender in a few days time.
Russians are not interested in Ukraine... This isn't a conquer and rule world anymore.... They have a table to discuss on... They're only waiting for that comedian to leave his hole to that table.

1 Like

Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Elimon(m): 1:34am On Mar 11, 2022
sapientia:

It's obvious you lack sense
It's too bad the "Biafra" I mentioned hit you so hard... I didn't mean it in a bad way...
Re: One Of The World’s Most Fearsome Snipers Arrives In Ukraine Vowing To Slaughter by Gireiboy(m): 11:08am On Mar 11, 2022
franchasng:

Chai!!! Nigerians trying very hard to make it a Christian vs Muslim thing, everything to them is about religion. Dude what is wrong with you, why should Muslim care when two majority Christian nations are fighting each other?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Sends World's Most Advanced Warplanes To Black Sea / US Threatens Sanctions Against Officials In Tigray Conflict / These Are The 5 Reasons Why The U.S. Remains The World’s Only Superpower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.