Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,570 members, 7,958,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:52 PM

How To Spot A Good Event Planner - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How To Spot A Good Event Planner (339 Views)

As A Good Event Planner Or Decorator You Need To Have Ideas - Check Out This! / Wedding Event Planner In Lagos Nigeria - 2018 Wedding Planning Budget Package / Kindly Read:good News For Event Planner.rental Services And Caterers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Spot A Good Event Planner by Tzuriel19(f): 1:57am On Mar 10, 2022
How to Spot a good Event Planner

Planning an event is not a simple task and it can be time-consuming and stressful if you do not know how to go about it….

And That is where an event planner comes in….

An event planner is there to handle all your event needs for you but the major problem is that there are many event planners in Nigeria today….

The question that will always come to the mind of anybody who has an upcoming event is how can I hire a good event planner...

Am going to answer that question but you must promise me that you will read this post to the end….

Because that's the only to get the answer to the question above….

So let's get down to it….

The first step of hiring a good event planner is to know the type of event you want to hold….

Be it a corporate event or a social event,
large and elaborate event….

The first thing you must do is to list out your event needs…

Things like these

how the stage will look like….

The budget for the event….

how many people are expected to attend the event….

What type of food, drinks, and more do you need in the event….

Will there be security….

Do you need Ushers….

There are a lot of things that can be on this list but I hope you get the picture now.

How to spot a good event planner (two).

In part 1 of this series on how to spot a good event planner, I told you how important it is that you list out your event needs or what you want in your event….

This step is very important because that is what you must consider before you even embark on searching for an event planner….

okay….

let's say you have already listed what you need for your event and you have begun searching for a good event planner….

These are what to look out for in a good event planner….

A good event planner will work closely with you, paying close attention to your specific needs because this event is all about you and not about the event planner….

is about you and you alone, so the event planner is only there to help you create a very Clear Vision for your event….

Take note of the word ☝ "help" so while trying to hire an event planner check if that person is ready to work closely with you and we'll pay attention to your specific needs….

How to spot a good event planner (part three)

Do you know that a good event planner builds confidence in you just the same way a doctor or lawyer will….

Let's say this is the first time….

you are planning an event….

you will be skeptical (that's human nature)...

Questions like these will occupy your mind….

what if I end up being a laughing stock?

What if my budget is not enough?

what if I plan for 200 persons and I end up seeing 1000 persons, how can I be able to manage this?

What if the time frame is too short?

What if I'm just wasting my time and money ? and so on there are so many of what if's….

And it is the work of the event planner to build up your confidence so that you can handle these what if's with ease….

A good event planner is a friend who is genuinely interested in you….

The work of a good event planner is to help you solve your event problems….

A good event planner is interested in delivering nothing short of high-quality services to you.

Part Four

So the other day I was talking to one of my friends and she was narrating to me what she witnessed at a friend's wedding ceremony….

she was like, did you know that at Obi's wedding (name withheld) it got to a stage when the soup was supposed to be dished out to important guests and the soup was nowhere to be found…

I was like, hey I didn't get you very well please repeat….

She said the soup developed legs and could not be found….

And I then asked her to go on. She told me that it seems that Obi recruited his friends and well-wishers to cook for him and when they were done cooking they carted away the soup….

Just like that ….

Why did I tell you this story in the first place….

Is because stories like this do occur in events where the event planner has no reputation at all….

None….

A good event planner has a reputation and will always seek to protect his or her reputation….

Part Five

When we were a bit younger, the event hosted then seemed to have the same pattern….

No creativity at all….

There was the use of old canopies, old decorative equipment, colors that were not bright….

The food was served with stainless plates and spoons were sometimes shared because they were not enough….

Because the event planners then didn't take note of how many persons that will be attending….

They were just interested in cooking and going on with the event blindly but these days you can notice the changes that have occurred throughout the years….

Although some have still refused to improve and evolve….

This post is not for them though lol….

For you to be able to spot a good event planner you must look out for the creative side of that person….

Events are not meant to be dull, they are meant to be memorable….

And this is exactly where creativity comes in….

Part Six

So Obi was planning a very huge event and he went and hired an event planner to handle everything for him….

Obi agreed on the amount of money to be paid for the event to be successful and he sent the event planner the money in full….

The event planner confirmed the money and went to work and was updating Obi on the progress she was making so far…

A few days into the event, Obi was so pumped that he couldn't wait anymore for the event he was hosting….

A day to the D-Day, the day of the event….

Obi received the shock of his life….

The event planner has just traveled outside the country with her family and Obi's event money was part of the money she needed to complete her travel plans….

Obi was left demoralized and disappointed….

This is exactly what happens when you hire an event manager who is not trustworthy….

A good Event Manager or planner must be trustworthy...

A good event planner must be one who can keep to his or her word.

Part Seven

Do you know that a good event planner should be able to deliver the best possible event for you within your budget….

Oh, you don't know….

Do know this now, they are called event planners or event managers for a reason….

Because they look at your budget and tell you what and what you can achieve with it….

If you find an event planner who can't work according to your budget please run for your life before it's too late….

A good event planner should be able to manage your fund very well and this is called fund management….

I know....

You may be asking yourself this question, why have I taken my time to educate you on this topic?

I did all this because I care for you and I don't want you to make mistakes and get hurt when hosting your events….

if you want to host an event at all, I have got you covered at fortress ushering and event management….

You can just message us or call us with this number 07061484800….

We are also on Whatsapp, chat us up with this number 07061484800….

Please do take a look at the pictures below to see what our clients are saying about us…

(1) (Reply)

Resurrection 2 / Marriage By Edet Edem Akpan / Female Fan Gifts Burna Boy Bra And He Used It As Mic In Live Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.