Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,572 members, 7,823,494 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia (22266 Views)

Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! / Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics / Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by Techguy96(m): 8:06am On Mar 10, 2022
Benjax4all:
America are evil sometime by bringing problem to some country but dey still have their citizens at heart but Putin evil is nothing in diz world, because he destroy other pple country and still killed is own pple is leading who oppose him, especially by poisoning in d cell or outside d country, that why no opposition and journalist dare to criticize him.
Long run Alexei Navalny d new opposition will be killed also.
Yes America is evil but a necessary evil, imagine a world were china, Russia and North Korea are world power?
The world will be in chaos

5 Likes

Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 10, 2022
udemzyudex:
Some people in this forum made us to believe that Russia is absorbing it well and nothing is happening

If you talk they will call it western propaganda.

They are illiterates, They do not know anything about Economy. Putin Zombies.

5 Likes

Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by Keegan: 8:09am On Mar 10, 2022
Techguy96:

Yes America is world police and there's nothing, you, Russia and china can do about that.

The hands of clock don't stay in one place, they move. US is losing it gradually, China has arrived and Russia stands firmly, no shaking.
Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by mauchiz: 8:13am On Mar 10, 2022
Even before now, I would not advise my enemy to go to Russia, Putin has been killing its citizens all these years.

Nigerians should leave Russia for now, until things get better, nobody knows were all these issues will lead Putin to, the earlier they leave the better. NATO might change there mind anyday and bomb Russia, we can't predict what will happen tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by Techguy96(m): 8:14am On Mar 10, 2022
Keegan:

The hands of clock don't stay in one place, they move. US is losing it gradually, China has arrived and Russia stands firmly, no shaking.
China still has a long way to go especially with their still of govt.

Mind you racism in US and Europe is child play to that of china, those are the people u want to be world power. Maybe u should work in a Chinese firm to really understand Chinese people.

5 Likes

Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by ruggedtimi(m): 8:17am On Mar 10, 2022
Omo thnkGod my brother left Russia last year
Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by ruggedtimi(m): 8:19am On Mar 10, 2022
Morgan9:
Imagine a nigerian student that went to Russia or Ukraine to study english language..

I
Ukraine speaks English
Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by ruggedtimi(m): 8:21am On Mar 10, 2022
iLoveYouToo:
We dey everywhere. Check Syria e go shock you say Nigerians plenty for there, na wa o
Damascus not bad....what about Nigerians wey dey Papua new guinea
Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by Benjax4all: 8:21am On Mar 10, 2022
Techguy96:

Yes America is evil but a necessary evil, imagine a world were china, Russia and North Korea are world power?
d chaos will be large man,countries where no dey give a Bleep about their own pple.na be say others na rubbish to them. China still try small but Russian and north Korea worst

4 Likes

Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by ruggedtimi(m): 8:25am On Mar 10, 2022
SmartPolician:
What did they expect?
Why would any reasonable person even travel to Russia?
They had better relocate to another country.
before the Ukraine invasion....you can't compare Russia to any African country. But reasonable people dey go Ghana
Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by Keegan: 8:26am On Mar 10, 2022
Techguy96:

Mind you racism in US and Europe is child play to that of china, those are the people u want to be world power. Maybe u should work in a Chinese firm to really understand Chinese people.

None of us can make nations world power, they work their ways to it with luck on their sides put sentiment aside. Also, I don't care about racism they are all the same, I may not know anything but I know none of this people have our interest in heart but the Portuguese, British and the US brutalized us, this cannot be said of Russia and China.
Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by Tomilola360: 8:29am On Mar 10, 2022
NGpatriot:
Abeg keep quiet... It's not by force to Japa... Nigeria is useless, you abandon Nigeria instead of staying to make it better, but after small difficulty, you start begging the same useless Nigeria to save your ass.

Btw, $15 for a kilo of meat? You are suffering in Russia for real..

is meat by force grin
Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by Techguy96(m): 8:31am On Mar 10, 2022
Keegan:

None of us can make nations world power, they work their ways to it with luck on their sides put sentiment aside. Also, I don't care about racism they are all the same, I may not know anything but I know none of this people have our interest in heart but the Portuguese, British and the US brutalized us, this cannot be said of Russia and China.

I said u should work with a Chinese firm to understand. The Chinese brutalized and insult us in our very own country.

Russia are also very racist too, ask Nigerians that have lived in Russia.

I pity u if u think china n Russia is better.

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by duro4chang(m): 8:33am On Mar 10, 2022
athaboi:
You people should just keep quiet there....
No mind them
Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 10, 2022
Another western propaganda!
Fake news, the sanctions cannot affect Russia.

Where are those Putin-fanboys

4 Likes

Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by BillionKnights: 8:34am On Mar 10, 2022
NGpatriot:
Abeg keep quiet... It's not by force to Japa... Nigeria is useless, you abandon Nigeria instead of staying to make it better, but after small difficulty, you start begging the same useless Nigeria to save your ass.

Stop sounding insensitive.. it could have been you
Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 10, 2022
Keegan:

None of us can make nations world power, they work their ways to it with luck on their sides put sentiment aside. Also, I don't care about racism they are all the same, I may not know anything but I know none of this people have our interest in heart but the Portuguese, British and the US brutalized us, this cannot be said of Russia and China

Lol, have you been to CCECC or know someone that works there? Ask them how the Chinese people are treating them. There was a Chinese restaurant in Lagos Island that was closed down by the FG after some of their Nigerian staffs came on SM to protest the bad treatment they get from their Chinese bosses and fellow staffs.. Do you know any Nigerian in China or Russia? Ask them how they are being treated.
They are all the same, every single country in the world is Racist.

4 Likes

Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 10, 2022
Techguy96:

I was telling someone this same thing, if Russia and China come together to take over world power? The world will be in shambles.

5 Likes

Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by marsup: 8:46am On Mar 10, 2022
Come back home.... Or what do you expect Nigeria/Nigerians to do?
Stop the sanctions? grin
Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by Cardealer2021(m): 8:59am On Mar 10, 2022
Techguy96:

Bro stop replying those Putin zombies. They are just naive and most of them are illiterate who haven't left the shores of Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by mach7(m): 9:00am On Mar 10, 2022
Russia already had indigenous analogues for majority of the companies listed below. The biggest hurt though is the potential loss of employment from the suspension of operations. This is why they are putting in place measures to nationalize the assets of those companies to preserve employment and tax remittances.
Also, it will be hard for majority of these brands to return as their exit is seen as a betrayal and patronage will be close to zero.
The Economy is seriously hit, but within 3-6 months, all will stabilise as new opportunities are discovered and workarounds put in place.
When your security is threatened, not having access to foreign brands or social media apps is of the least concern.
Antoeni:
Putin is accusing US of declaring an Economic war against Russia as the following companies pull out of the country. Can Russia survive this isolation?

Automobile:
Ford
General Motors
Toyota
Nissan
Volkswagen
Tech:
Facebook
Spotify
Roku
Apple
Twitter
Youtube
Microsoft
Intel
Amazon
IBM
Airbnb
Alstom
Aviation:
Boeing
Airbus
Consulting:
KPMG
Accenture
Delloite
Price WaterhouseCoopers
Ernst & Young
Energy:
Shell
BP
TotalEnergies
General Electric
Equinor
Exxon
Finance:
Norway’s $1.3 trillion Sovereign Wealth
Visa
Mastercard
American Express
Moody’s
Retails:
H&M
Heineken
Ikea
Puma
Inditex (Owns Zara)
Mothercare
Procter and Gamble
Prada
Estee Lauder Companies
Yum Brands
Unilever
McDonalds
Shipping:
Maerks
UPS
DHL
Entertainment:
Warner Media
Disney
Direct TV

1 Like

Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by Cardealer2021(m): 9:02am On Mar 10, 2022
Keegan:

Have you ever been to an Asian country before?,
If yes you would know those guys are demons who care less about their selves non to talk of a foreigner

1 Like

Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by Xbobtage: 9:07am On Mar 10, 2022
NGpatriot:

I always see your responses to Nigerians who are trying to leave this country. You mock them for being unpatriotic for trying to leave and yet every other post I see you and that FreestuffNG and other trolls posting tribal supremacists comments, and Right of the Yorubas to control and Dominate the entire southern nigeria. One can only wonder where you get definition of Patriotism from? You think its everyone that wants their children and grandchildren to be stuck in the same country with bigots like you?

For the record by posting those tribal supremacists views you are not only painting yoruba people in a bad light you are also setting yoruba people up for hatred from other southern nigerian tribes. You are not patriotic rather you and the people that normally like your tribalistic and supremacist comments are the true enemies of nigeria.
Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 10, 2022
Oyaa ! Come back , ASSU dey wait una cheesy grin grin
Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by Cardealer2021(m): 9:09am On Mar 10, 2022
Simran94:

Lol, have you been to CCECC or know someone that works there? Ask them how the Chinese people are treating them. There was a Chinese restaurant in Lagos Island that was closed down by the FG after some of their Nigerian staffs came on SM to protest the bad treatment they get from their Chinese bosses and fellow staffs.. Do you know any Nigerian in China or Russia? Ask them how they are being treated.
They are all the same, every single country in the world is Racist.
The guy you are replying is obviously a 15yr old kid or an unrepentant troll who knows nothing
Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by franchasng: 9:10am On Mar 10, 2022
Antoeni:
Putin is accusing US of declaring an Economic war against Russia as the following companies pull out of the country. Can Russia survive this isolation?

Automobile:
Ford
General Motors
Toyota
Nissan
Volkswagen
Tech:
Facebook
Spotify
Roku
Apple
Twitter
Youtube
Microsoft
Intel
Amazon
IBM
Airbnb
Alstom
Aviation:
Boeing
Airbus
Consulting:
KPMG
Accenture
Delloite
Price WaterhouseCoopers
Ernst & Young
Energy:
Shell
BP
TotalEnergies
General Electric
Equinor
Exxon
Finance:
Norway’s $1.3 trillion Sovereign Wealth
Visa
Mastercard
American Express
Moody’s
Retails:
H&M
Heineken
Ikea
Puma
Inditex (Owns Zara)
Mothercare
Procter and Gamble
Prada
Estee Lauder Companies
Yum Brands
Unilever
McDonalds
Shipping:
Maerks
UPS
DHL
Entertainment:
Warner Media
Disney
Direct TV
You didn't capture all.

Sony Electronics and Games
All Russian Vodkas banned from being sold in US, Canada and some EU countries
Premier League
Champions League
FIFA
Olympic, in fact all world sports banned in Russia
Russian Oil & Gas sanctioned
90% of Russian banks removed from SWIFT
Russian airlines and planes banned from US, Canada, Australia, EU airspace

Japan and Tiawan ban sell of semiconductors to Russia

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by umarfantami(m): 9:33am On Mar 10, 2022
Morgan9:
Imagine a nigerian student that went to Russia or Ukraine to study english language..

I
they all go there a stolen money
Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:06am On Mar 10, 2022
ruggedtimi:
Damascus not bad....what about Nigerians wey dey Papua new guinea

Mad o. Truly, I won’t be surprised
Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by adeolaben(m): 10:17am On Mar 10, 2022
9jakool:

I agree with the guy. What separates the rest of the world from Nigeria is that we never take accountability for their own internal issues. We hate each other and we are too divided to realize we are the architect of our own suffering. Instead, we will rather run away from our problems, but those problems will remain. I will always encourage people to go elsewhere legally if you get the chance. The paradox is that when common Nigerians do go outside of the country, you begin to see why the country is the way it is. However, you realize you as an individual can't make a difference because people are stuck in perpetual darkness that makes them blind to their reality.
101% correct...
Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by grandstar(m): 10:21am On Mar 10, 2022
athaboi:
You people should just keep quiet there....

So they will die from hunger?

1 Like

Re: Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:54am On Mar 10, 2022
mach7:
Russia already had indigenous analogues for majority of the companies listed below. The biggest hurt though is the potential loss of employment from the suspension of operations. This is why they are putting in place measures to nationalize the assets of those companies to preserve employment and tax remittances.
Also, it will be hard for majority of these brands to return as their exit is seen as a betrayal and patronage will be close to zero.
The Economy is seriously hit, but within 3-6 months, all will stabilise as new opportunities are discovered and workarounds put in place.
When your security is threatened, not having access to foreign brands or social media apps is of the least concern.

So you’re saying that the ruble, which is basically worth pennies now, will completely rebound in 3-6 months? What opportunities will present themselves in a cash-strapped nation? What makes you think that these brands will want to return to a country where the buying power of consumers will be non-existent? Do you honestly believe the Russian government has the means to sustain this invasion much longer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

London Is Not The Paradise I Expected / First Nation Airlines Suspends Operations / The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.