Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? (6478 Views)

MTN Temporary Job For Call Center Agents Ends Today.. / Airtel Call Center Vacancies.........anyone With Info Pls,its Really Urgent????? / Mtn Recruits For Call Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by fab1(m): 2:10pm On Aug 03, 2007
CELTEL JUST CALLED ME ABOUT AN HOUR AGO WITH 08029000000 AND A GUY NAMED BANJI TOLD ME TO COME TO LAGOS TO PICK MY OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT LETTER AND DO MY MEDICALS AS WELL. JOIN ME IN SAY GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME. I AM IN A DELICIOUS DILLEMA COS I HAVE BEEN INVITED TO COME FOR FIRST BANK INDUCTION.PLS GUYS AND LADIES WHAT WILL U ADVICE WHICH SHOULD I CHOOSE?
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by nkene(m): 3:02pm On Aug 03, 2007
boi!make u go 4 1st bank induction
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by awa(m): 4:27pm On Aug 03, 2007
fab1:

CELTEL JUST CALLED ME ABOUT AN HOUR AGO WITH 08029000000 AND A GUY NAMED BANJI TOLD ME TO COME TO LAGOS TO PICK MY OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT LETTER AND DO MY MEDICALS AS WELL. JOIN ME IN SAY GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME. I AM IN A DELICIOUS DILLEMA COS I HAVE BEEN INVITED TO COME FOR FIRST BANK INDUCTION.PLS GUYS AND LADIES WHAT WILL You ADVICE WHICH SHOULD I CHOOSE?

Man, I am glad for you and thank God for your life. As a friend, I will suggest that you take time to go to God in prayer in this urgent decision-making period to guide you as per which firm you should join. Depending on your terrain of career prospects, I will want you to focus on CELTEL if you are more of a Technical person otherwise you may need some insider's view about the two firms. I am waiting for CELTEL's Offer of Employment Letter which I strongly know is on its way. I think from CELTEL insider's accounts,there is much restructuring going on at CELTEL you maybe better off with CELTEL. While, I may not be as convincing as you had expected I still pray the Almighty to guide you brother. I'm glad for you once again. I will soon join you at CELTEL if you choose CELTEL. Please be kind to inform me the position that you are offered the employment. When and where you did the interview?
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by fab1(m): 7:10pm On Aug 03, 2007
Tanks Guys. I was called for the OGhara call center agent job.am supposed 2 do my medicals and collect my appointment letter on monday in lagos. I appreciate d responses i know God will guide my path and urs too.Amen!
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by miriam2002(f): 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2007
hello nairalanders please i will like to know if anybody that apply for celtel Graduate trainee programme few months back has been call for interview
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by adamaku: 11:02am On Aug 06, 2007
my dear, i work in a call centre as well and i beg u in Gods name.take first bank.
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by Oluchia(f): 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2007
adamaku:

my dear, i work in a call centre as well and i beg u in Gods name.take first bank.
I was just about saying that too. My dear go for First Bank, I also work in a call center and I must tell u, it's not worth it no matter how much they are going to pay you. Besides, There is no career growth there unlike in a bank.
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by yebarbie(f): 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2007
adamaku:

Couldn't you have been a little bit more precise and tell him why?
From a lay mans perspective I would have chosen celtel because I think the pay is better and they work for shorter hours.
I know people who work in call  centres and I think they enjoy it.
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by odytrust: 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2007
Man congrats and we all are happy4 u. well as friend, who also did an interview sometimes in Feb with celtel, i had developed interest in celtel 4 many reasons.i would equally advised that u take that celtel if u want to plan ur life wit less stress and more focus to ur future.that way u can achieve more in fewer years than in first bank.
well the choice is urs 2 decide but think twice.ask God for guidance and direction.hHe alone knows better than we.
all the best in ur endeavours,
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by mesiie: 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2007
hi fab1, congrats on your offers!

i'd give you an advise as one that has been in the CC.

first of all, if you're intrested in furthering your educatiopn ie MBA, MSc or a professional exam, the call centre is a good place cos it would give you time to go for your classes and read too, that is if you're going for a full time programme, though there are times you may miss a few classes but if you are determined you'll finish your programme inrecord time.
if you are the businessminded type that has a good product that is marketable, well in the call centre, you get a ready market.

though it has no career path, it all depends on what you want in the LONG RUN

if you 're interested in the banking industry, look at it this way, if you work in first bank, ie after confirmation, u can move to another bank and you'll have a banking experience on your c.v but if it is the CC, that is the experience you'll have , then another thing, some banks are also opening up call centres ,

i hope with this, you'll be able to make up your mind.
all the best
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by fab1(m): 5:50pm On Aug 06, 2007
Guys tanks a million for all the replies u've sent my way. I made a choice to take first bank because i already had my eyes set on making a career in the banking industry. I know 1st bank is a very humble beginning but hey I have just done other bank interviews recently so am still expecting 2 hear from them.Its all the lords doing that i have a choice though i know HE WIL DO IT FOR EVERY ONE OF YOU WHO REPLIED MY POST IN JESUS NAME AMEN. I tot about d career prospects and growth! so thats why although i was suppsed to pick my appointmet letter 2day i dind show up. taks 4 all the advice guys.appreciate it!
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by realwale: 6:44pm On Aug 06, 2007
congrats, u made the right choice, iwas with my friend who work as a call centre agent wuth mtn, he is already looking for another job, guess why?no career prospect but the money is good.
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by medidress: 7:09pm On Aug 06, 2007
Congrats man.
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by medidress: 7:13pm On Aug 06, 2007
I will join you very soon by God's grace if you go for celtel.
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by TIJESU(m): 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2007
WHAO WHAT A WONDERFUL CHOICE. I WORK IN A BANK, AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT YOU WOULD HAVE MORE ROOM FOR BUILDING YOURSELF WITH THE CALL CENTER JOB. IN THE PRESENT BANKING ENVIRONMENT, YOU NEED TO FORGET ABOUT STUDYING WHILE WORKING, AND ALL YOU DO IS DEBIT AND CREDIT. I WOULD ALSO PREFER A PLACE WHERE I CAN MAKE GOOD MONEY/HIGHER PAY, THEN GO FOR FURTHER STUDIES.
WELL SINCE YOU HAVE A DREAM TO BUILD YOUR CAREER IN BANKING, CONGRATS ON YOUR WONDERFUL CHOICE.
MAY GOD DIRECT US ALL.
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by DisGuy: 8:52pm On Aug 06, 2007
congrats man wink

meslie
if you are the business minded type that has a good product that is marketable, well in the call centre, you get a ready market.
shocked when some employers sack staff we always wonder why they are being harsh huh
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by ayanbukun(m): 9:27pm On Aug 06, 2007
congrats bros
I must confess to you that working for FirstBank is a very good opportunity I am concluding the induction on fri it has bn a life changing exp
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by decoy: 12:47am On Aug 07, 2007
Pls O!
there is nothing marketable about call center O!
world wide, its a job for pple with ordinary school cert.
its just popular among graduates in 9ja, cos of the high rate of unemployment
Pls thank God u went for the first bank, cos at the end, the pay diff isnt much,
that is if there is any diff at all.
I dont believe our parents went through hell to send us to the university to become glorified telephone operators
Stick to your banking job, and if u want to further ur education while in the bank, you wont be the first.
Success man.
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by drogba(m): 6:22am On Aug 07, 2007
The first bank job is obviously the better of the two if you look at growth, networking and on the job development prospects, unlike a call center operator whom is more of a telephone operator.
The banking industry is definitely more competitive and challenging to work in as there is a career prospect there. You have enough opportunity to move into other banks as poaching is relatively high.

My friend, take the bank job ASAP.
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by hayo(m): 10:30am On Aug 07, 2007
Celtel Call Center - If u wish to develop a career in customer care and u are a people person, u can take the job. But dont forget that you will be doing a lot of talking with customers and it can be monotonous. If u have the plan of traveling later for MSc or MBA, it is a great job cos u have a lot of time and have some days off when u do night. Also u will be able to write professional exams easily - Project Management exams are hot cakes now. U can also move from Call Center after a year or so to other competitive departments - this happens a lot as u have a better chance to get another job within Celtel than an outsider.
For the bank job - Note that ur time is not yours at all as with any bank job. If u are lucky enough, you will be posted to HQ or be given a good role in a branch. I have seen guys who after 4 years in a bank, the best they have done is bulk teller! If u want to do professional exams and all that, u might find it hard.

All the same, please take the case to God and allow his peace to lead u.
Cheers

NB: Find out if Celtel is offering u a permanent position or contract - very important and could make ur decision for u. The number used to call u is 08021900000 not 08029000000. But u cannot call the number back.
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by mimiko(f): 11:55am On Aug 07, 2007
good luck in ur decision pray to God to guide u
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by Pain(m): 3:37pm On Aug 07, 2007
My Guy. Go For First Bank. U Will Surely Smile On The Long Run.

I Bet U.
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by esilove(m): 4:13pm On Aug 07, 2007
[b]A BIG CUDOS TO YOU GUY
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by rowlandwhy: 4:17pm On Aug 07, 2007
My advice is that u go to Celtel
bankers are fidning their ways out of the banks for a greener pastures
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by rowlandwhy: 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2007
You are the luckiest guy in Nairaland
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by Apiyoyo: 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2007
hey guy i am really happy for u. but i would advice u to take the first bank job, it really does have more prospects and u can build an exciting career with them

but i was hoping u would help me out, do u ve any idea about the call centre job 4 oghara,cos i am still patiently waiting for it.i was told that does of u they called were those residing in lagos and they will start calling the delta residents next week, i would appreciate if u can confirm that statement.
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by fab1(m): 9:19pm On Aug 07, 2007
Men APIYOYO, i actually live in port harcourt and was calld 2 cm 2 lagos to do medicals and collect my appoinntment letter.my friend anoda ph guy was also cald 2. so the story about lagos residents mite not be true anymore. And tanx guys 4 the advice, God is Good and he will put u guys in the same DELICIOUS DILLEMA THAT HE PUT ME VERY VERY SOON.TANX! grin wink
Apiyoyo:

but i was hoping u would help me out, do u ve any idea about the call centre job 4 oghara,because i am still patiently waiting for it.i was told that does of u they called were those residing in lagos and they will start calling the delta residents next week, i would appreciate if u can confirm that statement.
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by niyyie(m): 7:37am On Aug 08, 2007
1st bank all the way.
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by oasis231(m): 10:42am On Aug 08, 2007
Hi,

West Coast University, Panama, Nigeria Campus is offering admission for prospective students into Diploma, Advanced diploma, Degree, Post Graduate, Masters and Doctorate Degree courses.

You can check for more information on the University’s website at:

www.westcoastuniversitynigeria-edu.org

Regards.
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by Gettolove(m): 11:14am On Aug 08, 2007
Take first bank and give me celtel. grin
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by sogee: 12:46pm On Aug 08, 2007
I have been out of town were there is no service and i suspect i have been called too i dont know how i could findout, since we cant call the number they used to call us, Any bright idea call 08036756396.
Re: Celtel Call Center Or First Bank? by solo2859: 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2007
Hello Sogee,
If u think u are among those that were called, I will advice that u go to Celtel Head Office in Lagos.
Address: Bakare Close, Off Sanusi Fafunwa Street, Victoria Island,Lagos. Just ask of Banji or Ozoufu in HR.
Pls do this before Friday 10th Aug. 2007 as those invited are to resume work on Monday.
Wish u good luck. SHALOM

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A 3rd Class Work In A Bank / Notore Chemical Industry / E Don Happen O!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.