Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) (7478 Views)

Couple Abandon Their Mentally Challenged Child In Hospital And Ran Away - Photo / President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola / Ebola Victims Now Stable, Five Showing Signs Of Recovery - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by EkoIle1: 11:42pm On Jun 29, 2011
Fashola Urges Society To Show More Concern, Care For The Less Privileged
• As Governor celebrates 48th Birthday with physically challenged children

Jun 28, 2011 - In keeping with his practice, Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), Tuesday celebrated his 48th Birthday with the underprivileged in the State just as he urged endowed members of the society to show more concern and care for the less privileged.

Governor Fashola, who celebrated the day in the company of his wife at the Heart of Gold Children's Hospice with physically challenged children, said there was need for those who have to share with the have-nots pointing out that God has provided enough resources to go round.

Noting that in whatever situation one is, there is someone who is worse off, Governor Fashola declared, "Instead of us complaining, let us be forward looking and let us be supportive of members of our communities and society who are less endowed, less protected than we are".

"I believe the way God created us, he created enough resources for us all if only we are ready to share and restrain ourselves from needless desires and expressions, after all, it is only vanity upon vanity and we will leave all of them and go", the Governor said.
[b][b]
Governor Fashola also urged the people to show more understanding towards the less endowed in our society frowning at the situation where car owners takeover the dedicated lanes made for the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) which is principally meant for those who do not have cars.

"I have seen instances where, for instance, the lane for the BRT which is for people who don't have cars, who use public transport, is being used by private car owners. If you are privileged to own a car, why should you go and encroach in their own lane? I have seen people on pedestrian walkways, meant for pedestrians, trading on the walkway. The walkway is not a trading post. It is meant for those who have to walk to their destinations; they may not have fund even to board a bus. It is not fair", the Governor said.

Giving reason behind his decision to celebrate his birthdays with the less- endowed in the society, Governor Fashola said it is the way he and his wife have chosen to "reconnect ourselves with the other side of life", adding that in every situation one finds oneself, one must give thanks to God for life.

"Many people slept yesterday and did not wake up today. We are thankful to God that we are alive to continue life's ups and downs. We can eat and we can drink and walk around. There are children here who cannot eat", the Governor said.[/b][/b]

On what his administration is doing to support the less privileged, Governor Fashola declared,, "Although we cannot do everything, we use these opportunities to demonstrate that at least there is a commitment on our part to ensure that we do not leave anybody behind".

The Governor drew attention to the LTV 8 which now includes the use of sign language in reading the news to take care of those with hearing impairment, adding, "It is also a response and a reaction to what we see that some people cannot actually hear and, therefore, we are using sign language to respond to the need of those who are physically challenged in terms of hearing".

"It is a continuous and engaging work and you can see that in the last few weeks, we have revitalized our limb corrective surgery for those who have deformed limbs so that they can get better opportunity to compete in life", he said.

Earlier while welcoming the Governor and his wife, the matron of the Home, Mrs. Theresa Adedoyin, thanked the Governor for his upgrading of the Home recalling that the place was initially a two-bedroom bungalow in another part of Surulere.

Mrs. Adedoyin said there has been an upsurge in abandoned babies in the areas in recent time adding that the perpetrators, who according to her, usually carry out the act in the wee hours of the morning cut across various ethnic groups in the country.

Promising never to disappoint the Governor, the proprietress prayed to God to grant the Governor more strength to do more for the less privileged in the State adding, "You have put smiles on the faces of my children".

The Governor, who was conducted round the Home by the Matron, played and joked with some of the inmates even as he inquired about the medical condition some of them. He later had group photograph with them and some of the members of staff of the Home.

Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by EkoIle1: 11:44pm On Jun 29, 2011

Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by jensinmi(m): 11:56pm On Jun 29, 2011
An absolutely wonderful gesture from Gov. Fashola.
Eko o ni baje o.

I do pity all these other ACN governors that rode to power on his fame and achievements, and people are expecting to perform anywhere near his level. Such people will be sorely disappointed.
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by success4(m): 2:50am On Jun 30, 2011
Good PR work from Eko-Ile however, Lagos is flooding oooo
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by ObamaUS: 3:36am On Jun 30, 2011
These politicians should stop deceiving us jare, With the huge money generated from taxes,LASAA,LAWMA etc,i cant really seewhat this guy is doing in lagos,

Cant he ask the camera men not too take photographs.Must we know he went to the less privileged to celebrate birthday?
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:00am On Jun 30, 2011
2010:::

Happy Birthday Mr Governor::Fashola Donates Crèche To Church To Mark His Birthday.

Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:00am On Jun 30, 2011

Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:05am On Jun 30, 2011

Again, Fashola marks birthday, donates to children’s homes

Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:06am On Jun 30, 2011

Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by ASANIGBO(m): 4:07am On Jun 30, 2011
[b]THIS

IS

GOOD

ONE
[/b]
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by EkoIle1: 4:11am On Jun 30, 2011
ObamaUS:

These politicians should stop deceiving us jare, With the huge money generated from taxes,LASAA,LAWMA etc,i cant really seewhat this guy is doing in lagos,

Cant he ask the camera men not too take photographs.Must we know he went to the less privileged to celebrate birthday?

Olodo, this is how he celebrates his birthday every year and the state house press corp follows him everywhere.

Besides, instead of sitting here blowing your shallow and thoughtless mouth, what have you done in your life to make a difference in any underprivileged kid's life?

Freeking losers,
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by noblegas2(m): 4:49am On Jun 30, 2011
Eko Ile:

Olodo, this is how he celebrates his birthday every year and the state house press corp follows him everywhere.

Besides, instead of sitting here blowing your shallow and thoughtless mouth, what have you done in your life to make a difference in any underprivileged kid's life?
Freeking losers,

Hmmmmmm>><>>>>>> Food for thought!
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by andymola(m): 5:07am On Jun 30, 2011
Leading by example
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by Nobody: 5:42am On Jun 30, 2011
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by EzeUche1(m): 6:22am On Jun 30, 2011
Hopefully this is not simply for publicity.
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by slimyem: 7:01am On Jun 30, 2011
ezeuche and illeke-idi,please stop derailing this thread and address the topic.you should continue your palavers behind the scene.
Baba Fash,i no see anything wey u dey do for sometime now o, gidi roads are flooding bad!and we aint seeing you do poo about it,
Btw,i love motherless kids and i do whatever i can to help them whenever i can,
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 30, 2011
You can see his passion for kids just from looking at his face . . . . you can't fake these things! undecided
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by Gbenge77(m): 7:13am On Jun 30, 2011
Quite a compassionate action by Fashola.Hope he gave them stuff.
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 30, 2011
Quite a compassionate action by Fashola.Hope he gave them stuff.
i take it that you're using a text browser.
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by sayso: 7:33am On Jun 30, 2011
beautiful Gov TRF
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by EkoIle1: 7:39am On Jun 30, 2011
The thing is, many of us worry about our birthdays, we worry about what gifts we are getting on our birthdays, we worry about how and where to celebrate, who we are going to invite and what we are going to eat and drink, but these kids have no birthdays, I bet the homes don't even know when and where they were born.

Fashola should be the one celebrating his birthday with a huge party same way the elites in Nigerian celebrate their birthdays with all the elite politicians including governors from all over the country present, he should be the one getting all the gifts and all the attention, but no, he's the one worried about less privileged people, he's the one giving the gifts instead of receiving, he's the one showing compassion and urging us not to forget the less privileged as they don't have what we have.

Acts like his makes you think, it makes you look for your own calling in life, it makes you ask yourself what to do to better and touch other people's lives and how to make your society a better place.
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by archbishop(m): 7:39am On Jun 30, 2011
Hope He can see that people are really suffering in this country.
HBD, governor.
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by norrisman: 7:57am On Jun 30, 2011
Big deal. This man must be like Jesus Christ to some people. To me o, the man has done fuc.kall worth all of the accolades he gets. At least from what I saw when I was last in Naija.

So kini big deal if He spent an hour with underpriviledged kids. What about the people who work with them on a daily basis? How many of you know Mrs Mordi who runs the Down Syndrome Association of Nigeria privately set up with her own money or Mama Ekundayo who took over 400 children into her care in her lifetime (God rest her soul)

These are the real heroes not Fashola who tries to launder his image at every given opportunity. This is just playing to the gallery and unfortunately many Nigerians swallow the BS hook, line and sinker. I will confess his PR machine is excellent and that is one department of his where he is getting true value for his money. Even people stuck in the UK for years who have no first hand experience of what Fashola is doing, swear by his name.If this was really about the kids, no one really needs to know, It should have been a private moment for him.
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by temmytanny(m): 8:28am On Jun 30, 2011
norrisman:

Big deal. This man must be like Jesus Christ to some people. To me o, the man has done fuc.kall worth all of the accolades he gets. At least from what I saw when I was last in Naija.

So kini big deal if He spent an hour with underpriviledged kids. What about the people who work with them on a daily basis? How many of you know Mrs Mordi who runs the Down Syndrome Association of Nigeria privately set up with her own money or Mama Ekundayo who took over 400 children into her care in her lifetime (God rest her soul)

These are the real heroes not Fashola who tries to launder his image at every given opportunity. This is just playing to the gallery and unfortunately many Nigerians swallow the BS hook, line and sinker. I will confess his PR machine is excellent and that is one department of his where he is getting true value for his money. Even people stuck in the UK for years who have no first hand experience of what Fashola is doing, swear by his name.If this was really about the kids, no one really needs to know, It should have been a private moment for him.

But atleast we should appreciate his effort. Many like him would spend millions on advert paper about their birthday but he has diverted it to the less privileged.

Dont compare your out side naija to lagos. If those places are good ,atleast they have slumps too. Lagos is growing and we will get better if people like you dont rubbish us outside naija.
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by EkoIle1: 8:37am On Jun 30, 2011
norrisman:

So kini big deal if He spent an hour with underprivileged kids. What about the people who work with them on a daily basis? How many of you know Mrs Mordi who runs the Down Syndrome Association of Nigeria privately set up with her own money or Mama Ekundayo who took over 400 children into her care in her lifetime (God rest her soul)

Why waste your time typing all that ignorant and meaningless bad bele rubbish?

Even some said the same Jesus you referenced never walked on water, some are still saying man never walked on the moon and some still think Tupac is alive.

So you ranting about what Fashola is doing or not doing is absolutely irrelevant, the fact that folks in London are talking about him is a reflection of what Lagosians saw in him when 82% voting Lagosians gave him a landslide victory to keep administering their affairs, they call it absolute vote of confidence. These are Lagosians on the soil of Lagos, not the Londoners you easily discounted because they are not on the Ground, that's including the fact the you cluelessly didn't tabulate the many Naija Londoners jetting back and forth from Lagos to London and passing positive info about the Governor and Lagos state to other Londoners.

We've read a lot about about him in Nigeria, in the Time magazine, in the Huntington post, in the London economist magazine, we saw him on CNN, he collects awards and recognitions from local and foreign media, US president Bill Clinton and his foundation recognized and gave him an award. Other Governors in Nigeria are admitting openly that his the best.

You see, you are really on your own with your puerile and misguided bad bele, you sound like one of those sad, misguided and disgruntled elements, you see nothing good in yourself and you have no faith in yourself and other people,

Lagosians are obviously a million miles ahead of people like you.
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by norrisman: 8:51am On Jun 30, 2011
Like I said, your department is doing a great job. You are giving the man value for money. You better dont waste ur time on Nairaland on bad belle people like me so you dont miss the next photo op.  grin

Eko Ile:

Why waste your time typing all that ignorant and meaningless bad bele rubbish?

Even some said the same Jesus you referenced never walked on water, some are still saying man never walked on the moon and some still think Tupac is alive.

So you ranting about what Fashola is doing or not doing is absolutely irrelevant, the fact that folks in London are talking about him is a reflection of what Lagosians saw in him when 82% voting Lagosians gave him a landslide victory to keep administering their affairs, they call it absolute vote of confidence. These are Lagosians on the soil of Lagos, not the Londoners you easily discounted because they are not on the Ground, that's including the fact the you cluelessly didn't tabulate the many Naija Londoners jetting back and forth from Lagos to London and passing positive info about the Governor and Lagos state to other Londoners.

We've read a lot about about him in Nigeria, in the Time magazine, in the Huntington post, in the London economist magazine, we saw him on CNN, he collects awards and recognitions from local and foreign media, US president Bill Clinton and his foundation recognized and gave him an award. Other Governors in Nigeria are admitting openly that his the best.

You see, you are really on your own with your puerile and misguided bad bele, you sound like one of those sad, misguided and disgruntled elements, you see nothing good in yourself and you have no faith in yourself and other people,

Lagosians are obviously a million miles ahead of people like you.  

Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by EkoIle1: 9:00am On Jun 30, 2011
norrisman:

Like I said, your department is doing a great job. You are giving the man value for money. You better dont waste your time on Nairaland on bad belle people like me so you dont miss the next photo op.  grin

Thanks for the compliments and I really appreciate the fact that you think I'm giving the man value for his money, but on the other hand, some loser is wasting his money on you to rubbish the man and obviously, you are doing a terrible job.

You do sound like a loser,
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by MikkyT1(m): 9:09am On Jun 30, 2011
NICE ONE THERE GOV BABTUNDE RAJI FASHOLA, MORE GREASE TO YOUR ELBOW, smiley smiley smiley
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by goodbobo: 9:11am On Jun 30, 2011
Oh God I pray this morning , Please make[b] Fashola[/b] the next Nigeria president [/b]come [b]2015 .

And fellow nairalander do not waste ur time responding to foolish people like norrisman no i mean very very foolish people . no no what better way to qualify him ? a beg make una supply me with better word .
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by JUO(m): 9:12am On Jun 30, 2011
wonderfull
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by 190: 9:26am On Jun 30, 2011
[size=18pt]who is LASHOLA angry angry[/size]
Re: Fashola Celebrates Birthday With Physically Challenged Children. (pics) by Johnpaul2k2(m): 9:31am On Jun 30, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

* / What Can Newly Put To Bed Mothers Do To Get Milk In The Breast For The Baby . / Ulcer Is Killing Me,how Do I Survive With It In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.