Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,927 members, 7,824,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi (22280 Views)

Garba Shehu’s ‘Attack’ On Adeboye Was To Rebuke Osinbajo - By Fredrick Nwabufo / Who Is Afraid Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo? By Dele Momodu / An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by GNBohr: 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2022
Kperogi to me has always been a rabble rouser. He has a way of exploding issues rather than extenuate them. There's nothing really wrong in a body, be it religious, cultural, professional, regional, tribal or social to seek to create a framework to support or canvass for one of their own. The critical issue is the agenda and scope. He mentioned the Salafists in the system as propagated by the Gumis but he failed to mention how that impacted negatively on Nigeria polity. Every group of people in modern society seeks to protect their interest and the way and manner that happens is subject to critical debate. However the right of RCCG or CAN or AHMADIYA or Council of Islamic Affairs to project themselves politically is undeniable and have been the practice as far as global politics is concerned.
What will be issue for me is for any of them to adopt a particular candidate as their consensus or choice in an election. These groups role ought to be purely advocacy for rights to vote and be voted for as well as free and fair elections. Anything outside that only cause catastrophe. I don't see how Salafists and RCCG will impose their choices on the electorate, in fact that singular act will not be in the best interest of the candidates so identified. In both Islam and Christianity, there's friction and compelling motion to superior religious practice and faith. The reason they try to compete, particularly amongst the Christian folks. In a religious sensitive country like ours, any candidate that push his religion as a front in his political strategy is only courting failure.

As regards Osinbajo, until he declare his interest I see him as one who is not convinced of his political pedigree and chances. He may end up declaring, may be after the APC convention. How RCCG, if Osinbajo eventually declare, will help him secure APC tickets elude me. One thing that can surely work for him is being a southern Christian and the North being majorly Muslim might want a Southern Christian and Northern Muslim ticket. But that's is not even a guarantee because there are plenty more politically grounded southern Christian in APC. Also, his political structure to win a Nigerian Presidential election is way beyond what RCCG can give him. He must project an image of a detribalised and non religious fundamentalist to break through political barriers. Time will tell.
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by olisaEze(m): 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2022
I follow Farooq Kperogi well, so I know this post is just nothing but olofofo work on RCCG! It is good though, whoever wants to lead Nigeria next should be ready to have every facet of his life exposed and finely combed by the jobless youth this Administration has created on SM. We are what u made us!! grin
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by lexyking(m): 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2022
It's you that failed to read the article very well, cos his only crime was that he distributed the money mostly to his fellow Christians surely you could see that it isn't even a proven fact cos no statutory body ever indicted him on that.
Main while no one bothered to investigate how the Covid relief funds was shared by that HUMANITARIAN minister who went to the northern part and started sharing money to people whom she claimed were the vulnerable

jmoore:

You didn't even read the article very well.

Righteous rule? When Osibanjo was involved in billion naira corruption.
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by plaetton: 1:57pm On Mar 11, 2022
Safyqueen:

You better deal with the embarrassment you find yourselves and spare mosques. Nobody dare discuss politics inside mosques as there is clear injunctions in the holy Qur'an against that.
Apart from Pantami who was nominated not elected, all northern politicians are not Islamic clerics, be guided please.
Sadly, the thrust of my statement eludes you.

Let me simply for you.
All Nigerian leaders , at all levels, past and present, have been devout Muslims and Christians.
Is there any other proof that Religion, any and all, has hardly ever been a force for good or virtue ?
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by lexyking(m): 2:04pm On Mar 11, 2022
You even have the time to respond to such a senseless and parochial view. First off the man just like everyone else has a right to pick people he's comfortable with and people he can trust.

[quote author=Sheggy13 post=110939620]
You're nothing but a cheap liar. I hate people like you who dish out lies to Stoke ethnic tension, saying all Osinbajo's aides are only Yorubas. See the list below and tell me how names like Tochi Nwachukwu, Nkechi Chukwueke, Arukino Umukoro,
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by Ttalk: 2:06pm On Mar 11, 2022
If there is anyone that deserves to be tried for hate speech is that useless professor Kperogi who on every occasion derive joy at inciting the populace while hiding in the US with no concern of crises his junk could cause.

The appointment he is seeking from PDP a dead party would never materialized. He should be contented only to Atiku dollar he has stuffed in his blood stained pocket

1 Like

Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by Sheggy13(m): 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2022
LLiKYekoba:

Do a statistical analysis of the names and frequencies, use t-test to compare frequencies of the number of yoruba names as against other tribes on the list.
You're supposed to cover your face in shame after I bust your lies and attempt to cause unnecessary hatred for Osinbajo. This is your comment: "All the appointments he made into the office of the vice president were all filled with yorubas. No fulani, no hausa, I didn't see an Igbo name on that list." I just gave you the list to the contrary listing the non-Yorubas there since you said ALL are Yorubas,and you still have the guts to be talking nonsense about t-test, frequency bla bla to show your infantile knowledge of statistics.

1 Like

Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by LLMG: 2:24pm On Mar 11, 2022
its the duty of the church to clean the dirtiness, and the process of achieving that is just beginning by God's grace.
Maxymilliano:
Can the church handle the political dirtiness in Nigeria without getting enmeshed?
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by membranus: 2:34pm On Mar 11, 2022
Kperogi's Islamic prerogative agenda is gradually becoming more assertive. Majority of his articles for sometimes are MURIC in tones, complaining of imaginary Islamic marginalisation, where none exists.

He is now openly anti-Christian, and he is shifting his attack on Osinbajo, fearing the government might be delivered to him.

Farooq might be a well respected overseas commentator on Nigerian affairs before, but his Islamic radicalism has lost him a lot of local fans.
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by membranus: 2:37pm On Mar 11, 2022
LLiKYekoba:

In the greater scheme if things, yorubas are minority in the south. One region (SW) can't be greater than 2 (SE and SS).

Also, I have also known Osibande to be a bigot covering himself in the toga of christianity. All the appointments he made into the office of the vice president were all filled with yorubas. No fulani, no hausa, I didn't see an Igbo name on that list. The list was released few years ago and made it's way to this forum.

Show us the list and we will believe you. But for now you are only making a fictitious allegation.
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by archipelago: 2:38pm On Mar 11, 2022
Whether it is a dangerous foray into politics or not, it is a welcome development. Enough of Muslims imposition of their religion on the rest of us Nigerians. Can you see what the IGP did by approving the use of hijab by women police in Nigeria despite it's secularity.
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by membranus: 2:40pm On Mar 11, 2022
Sheggy13:

You're nothing but a cheap liar. I hate people like you who dish out lies to Stoke ethnic tension, saying all Osinbajo's aides are only Yorubas. See the list below and tell me how names like Tochi Nwachukwu, Nkechi Chukwueke, Arukino Umukoro,
Bala Liman Mohammed,Edobor Iyamu,Lilian Idiaghe,Gambo Manzo,Aondaver Kuttuh,Abdulrahman Baffa Yola, Forri Samson Banu, Ilsa Essien etc are Yoruba names? Too many stupid people on this forum.
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by CoolAmbience(m): 2:49pm On Mar 11, 2022
plaetton:

Lol.
The church and mosque are already the mud pits from whence Nigeria's politicians are molded.

You dey mind am.

Pastors and politicians....who better pass?

Pastors even worse pass sef.
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by torqque7(m): 3:02pm On Mar 11, 2022
jmoore:

You didn't even read the article very well.

Righteous rule? When Osibanjo was involved in billion naira corruption.

Story story...All the people that have been there before as Muslims how many Christians did they give contracts to? Oga everyone will consider his own people first before outsiders..Go visit most Federal government parastatals in Abuja and see how they are dominated by House and Muslims why don't you go and attack their bosses for putting all his own people there?what is good for the goose is also good for the gander..
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by rejoice4eva(m): 3:28pm On Mar 11, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

I am being realistic, it's only a selfish person that will want everyone to support he's/her personal choice. Redeem Church is made up of people will various political choices. Don't drag everyone to a particular choice. Religion in Nigeria is joke.
Are you a member?
I doubt, that is why you speak from the point of ignorance.
RCCG is looking beyond 2023!!!

1 Like

Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by Owologbo(m): 4:32pm On Mar 11, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Amaechi? It seems you no nothing about Nigeria, South South can never rule Nigeria again, Jonathan was a mistake President, chosen solely by Obasanjo to be VP because he knew the deputy governor was a weak man to a dying Yaradua.

Yoruba is a majority tribe, they will defeat the whole South South combined 7 times over, from your words I can tell you are from the South East?
See anyhow talk. crap
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by 9japride(m): 5:36pm On Mar 11, 2022
rejoice4eva:

Are you a member?
I doubt, that is why you speak from the point of ignorance.
RCCG is looking beyond 2023!!!
[color=#006600][/color]

I am not a member, this kind of things will eventually cause problems in that church. Every member can't all belong to one political party? Let's watch and see how things goes
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by Ochibaisik(m): 6:56pm On Mar 11, 2022
This is never about Osibanjo,funny Kperoggi
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by madridsta007(m): 7:06pm On Mar 11, 2022
Praxtech:
Pen for hire.

You know him well.

We didnt see his detailed analysis when David Hundeyin's expose on the Izala (terrorist) Group chokehold on Nigeria.
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by rejoice4eva(m): 8:25pm On Mar 11, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

I am not a member, this kind of things will eventually cause problems in that church. Every member can't all belong to one political party? Let's watch and see how things goes
RCCG is an inter- party , independent and truth based church.
You are free to belong to any party of your choice.
But, the main focus is that, the church generally, and the people of Nigeria can no longer afford to commit their destinies and that of their unborn Children into the hand of few individual who lack morality and the Spirit of God. We can not sit on the fence by being brainwashed that politics is a dirty game and children of God should leave politics to demons and devils in power.
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by Basheer22: 8:44pm On Mar 11, 2022
LLiKYekoba:

Do a statistical analysis of the names and frequencies, use t-test to compare frequencies of the number of yoruba names as against other tribes on the list.

You're a big fool. You staid there was none, you're now talking bout frequencies. I don't know why you people always type senseless things.
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by ColdHeatt: 9:36pm On Mar 11, 2022
jmoore:

https://www.facebook.com/47904265/posts/10105825417678550/?app=fbl
So insightful. So ominous. We should not expressly religionize politics. Kperogi is a genius.
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by Elibaba1: 12:50am On Mar 12, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Amaechi? It seems you no nothing about Nigeria, South South can never rule Nigeria again, Jonathan was a mistake President, chosen solely by Obasanjo to be VP because he knew the deputy governor was a weak man to a dying Yaradua.

Yoruba is a majority tribe, they will defeat the whole South South combined 7 times over, from your words I can tell you are from the South East?

Someone will just open his mouth and say a particular zone will never produce a President because your own Nigeria and the future abi ? Mind you I am from the North. But this thing you said made no sense.
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by 9japride(m): 5:48am On Mar 12, 2022
rejoice4eva:

RCCG is an inter- party , independent and truth based church.
You are free to belong to any party of your choice.
But, the main focus is that, the church generally, and the people of Nigeria can no longer afford to commit their destinies and that of their unborn Children into the hand of few individual who lack morality and the Spirit of God. We can not sit on the fence by being brainwashed that politics is a dirty game and children of God should leave politics to demons and devils in power.
[color=#006600][/color]

I understand your point, but you are being driven by tribal sentiments. If it was an Igbo man that want's to contest and he belongs to RCCG, will he get a massive support from the church? Please leave matter, most Nigerians are too intelligent to see the motives behind all these. In the quest for power, humans can do anything possible to achieve it. So I am not surprised at any behaviour of those supporting this idea after all man is no God.
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by rejoice4eva(m): 6:43am On Mar 12, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

I understand your point, but you are being driven by tribal sentiments. If it was an Igbo man that want's to contest and he belongs to RCCG, will he get a massive support from the church? Please leave matter, most Nigerians are too intelligent to see the motives behind all these. In the quest for power, humans can do anything possible to achieve it. So I am not surprised at any behaviour of those supporting this idea after all man is no God.
You don't understand at all.
Within RCCG many people , different tribes, different parties are having various ambition politically.
No one is coerced to support anyone or any party. All the church is interested in is that, there must be active involvement of the god-fearing children of God, in the way they are being governed.
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by 9japride(m): 9:14am On Mar 12, 2022
rejoice4eva:

You don't understand at all.
Within RCCG many people , different tribes, different parties are having various ambition politically.
No one is coerced to support anyone or any party. All the church is interested in is that, there must be active involvement of the god-fearing children of God, in the way they are being governed.
[color=#006600][/color]

Good, they shouldn't blackmail their members to support the VP because he's part of this present government that has made things difficult for the common man. And nobody should give an excuse that he was not given enough power. If you don't like the system resign. But no, they love the wealth attached to power.
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by JooEeL(m): 10:04am On Mar 12, 2022
Godismighty:
When d righteous rule, d people will rejoice.
RCCG is making d right move. This should encourage other bible believing churches to get involve in politics. We need Godfearing born again belivers at d helms of governance
God bless dis vision.

Who are the "righteous"?
Re: RCCG’s Dangerous Foray Into Politics For Osinbajo By Farooq Kperogi by Hopebringer: 6:03am On Dec 13, 2022
Peacerider133:
Anyone who wants to hasten Nigeria’s conflagration
should elect Osinbajo as President and Pantami as Vice
President. Osinbajo would be the matchbox and Pantami
the matchstick.

See Comparison. GOD WILL PUT NIGERIANS' ENEMIES TO SHAME..

This is another one of your accounts.?

You sent me a DM?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mbeki, Kenyatta Meet Bola Tinubu In Abuja (Pictures) / Court: No Troops For Elections / PDP Raises Alarm Over Plots To Impeach Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.