Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ (17343 Views)

6 Russian Air-Strikes Hits Lviv, 250 Miles From U.S President Biden's Location / 200 Ukranian Special Forces, Soldiers Killed By Russian Air Strikes (Graphic) / Aftermath Of Russian Air Strikes In Ukraine’s Kharkiv (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by tommykiwi(m): 9:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
Footage circulated on social media appeared to show a blaze at the Kharkiv Institute of Physics and Technology.

There are unconfirmed reports the facility was hit by a Russian air strike.

Russia has previously been accused of firing rockets at the site, which is home to the Neutron Source research facility, a facility said to have 37 nuclear fuel cells.

‘The building contains equipment which, if damaged, can lead to radioactive pollution of the environment.’

According to Ukrainian media, the fire began after air raid sirens sounded in the city at about 8.20pm.

Pravda.com.ua reported ‘citizens reported the sounds of explosions and volleys of artillery from the Russian occupiers’.

Russia has drawn international condemnation for risking environmental disaster by carrying out military operations in the vicinity of dangerous materials throughout the conflict.

Kremlin-linked media has also pushed fabricated claims Ukraine could stage a nuclear incident in Kharkiv to create a pretext for Western intervention.

The worry development comes after Boris Johnson joined a chorus of Western leaders voicing concern Russia could be planning a chemical attack.

Moscow has pushed unfounded claims Kyiv is illicitly developing weapons of mass destruction.

Western allies fear the narrative is being constructed as a pretext for an attack launched by Russia.

Addressing the reports, Mr Johnson told Sky: ‘The stuff that you’re hearing about chemical weapons is straight out of their playbook.

‘They start saying that there are chemical weapons that have been stored by their opponents or by the Americans.

‘And so when they themselves deploy chemical weapons, as I fear they may, they have a sort of maskirovka – a fake story – ready to go.

‘You’ve seen it in Syria. You saw it even in the UK. That’s what they’re already doing. It is a cynical, barbaric government.’

https://metro.co.uk/2022/03/10/ukraine-war-reports-fire-has-broke-out-at-kharkiv-nuclear-lab-16255809/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by naijainform: 9:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
metro uk, next please

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by SmartPolician: 10:40pm On Mar 10, 2022
Every country must ensure that no nuclear bombs go off on another man's soil.

Some 77 years later, Japan still struggles with the devastating impacts of the deadily little boy and big man on Hiroshima and Nagasaki respectively.

The UN ban on its use still stands. Russia and Ukraine can kill themselves for all I care, but must never do that with atomic bombs.

34 Likes

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by nairaman66(m): 4:58am On Mar 11, 2022
Wahala

1 Like

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by jojo1415: 4:59am On Mar 11, 2022
America and Uk should lock the air na...haba cry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by crown08(m): 5:00am On Mar 11, 2022
cry

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by Praxtech: 5:02am On Mar 11, 2022
Lies Ukraine forces can set it on fire just to precipitate WW 3. I don't trust that comedian

Updated
there is no experimental nuclear reactor there. The institute has a neutron source.

Read more here https://physicstoday.scitation.org/do/10.1063/PT.6.2.20220307a/full/

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by tonididdy(m): 5:03am On Mar 11, 2022
I never knew such extremly desperate minds existed on earth until this "military intervention" showed us the ukranians...they have the mindset of extremists

this people will do anything for the world to be against Russia.
why are all the fights situated in "weird" locations, if it's not a children's hospitals, it's a nuclear site, or elderly home, church, school. they have turned their people to forced human shields.

if all their attempts to start a world War fails, they will purposely fire at a nuclear reactor one day and expose the whole of Europe to her wrath.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by HitbackIIback: 5:03am On Mar 11, 2022
jojo1415:
Maybe them no get the padlock to lock the air... every country dey play safe. I just dey feel for Ukraine, their country na bomb play ground now

7 Likes

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by olu77(m): 5:06am On Mar 11, 2022
This war is heading to the predestined destination

1 Like

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by fnep2smooth(m): 5:06am On Mar 11, 2022
they rather die than surrender, even the president refers to themselves as the 300 spartan, using the movie to compare to reality.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by tonididdy(m): 5:07am On Mar 11, 2022
jojo1415:

nah that's a full blown war that will go nuclear in seconds.
Obviously you do not know what a no fly zone means, it dosen't necessarily mean no crafts in the air, it means anything in the air space whether russian jet or not will be shot down.
UNLESS IT'S A SPECIFICS

America and UK have no rights over ukranian air space or world air space. this is not a comic kid.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by pol23: 5:08am On Mar 11, 2022
I’m not a fan of destruction neither am I enjoying the Calamity and tragedy that has befallen the Ukrainian.
I’m not supporting the Russian forces against the Ukrainian people,But im supporting the Russian against America…sadly in this case it means the same thing,there’s a slight line though.
Why am I supporting the Russian?
It’s simply because of the hypocrisy of the west and her cooperations.
The truth is all this big nation just bully the smaller one around…
Am I blaming Ukraine for refusing to bully around,maybe not..
I’m only blaming him for allowing herself to be point of conflict between 2 mighty world.
When USA and UK invaded Iraq for clamming to have weapon of mass destruction… the word SOVEREIGNTY doesn’t come to play…
Where was CNN and BBC in 2021 when Isreal was dishing it out Palestine?
Where was all the sanctions?
This and many more reason makes few people support Russia…
I wish the war will be over though.
But Zelensky isn’t a hero to me like the western media has painted him for everyone…

64 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by bigdammyj: 5:08am On Mar 11, 2022
Noted
Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by todaynewsreview: 5:12am On Mar 11, 2022
May God help us. Putin should call his boys to order. Invading Ukraine is evil. Enough of this barbaric destruction already. Time for peace please.

2 Likes

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by tonididdy(m): 5:13am On Mar 11, 2022
pol23:
I’m not a fan of destruction neither am I enjoying the Calamity and tragedy that has befallen the Ukrainian.
I’m not supporting the Russian forces against the Ukrainian people,But im supporting the Russian against America…sadly in this case it means the same thing,there’s a slight line though.
I’m only blaming him for allowing herself to be point of conflict between 2 mighty world.
When USA and UK invaded Iraq for clamming to have weapon of mass destruction… the word SOVEREIGNTY doesn’t come to play…
But Zelensky isn’t a hero to me like the western media has painted him for everyone…
Exactly where I stand.
I stand against bullying and bias (hyprocrisy).
what is good for the goose, should also be good for the gander.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by cardoctor(m): 5:20am On Mar 11, 2022
Damnnn
Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by hammer567: 5:33am On Mar 11, 2022
UK AND USA WILL END THIS WORLD WITH THEIR QUEST TO DOMINATE OTHERS IN THIS WORLD.

9 Likes

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by Charlotte777: 5:38am On Mar 11, 2022
pol23:

PUTIN should finish those people,zelensky is a full to allow his people to be used to wash away the sins of the west,I want UK to declare Ukraine a NO FLY ZONE so that putin will deal with UK also Greedy idiots like the WEST

23 Likes

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:44am On Mar 11, 2022
The war between Russia and Ukraine should be an eye opener and lesson for any East European and Asian country that would be foolish enough to dance to the manipulation of the West.
The hypocritical US manipulated Ukraine into violation of the Post WW2 agreement, they signed with Russia, and the gullible Ukrainian government flowed along, foolishly thinking the US and her NATO allies would get their back.
Now trouble has come,and none of the idiotic manipulators was willing to send their men to fight with Ukrainian soldiers. They preferred to send weapons and impose sanctions.

23 Likes

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by HellNino: 5:44am On Mar 11, 2022
Where are Putin's e-dogs, come and congratulate your oga

2 Likes

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by HellNino: 5:45am On Mar 11, 2022
Onyiiobi7735:
The war between Russia and Ukraine should be an eye opener and lesson for any East European and Asian country that would be foolish enough to dance to the manipulation of the West.
The hypocritical US manipulated Ukraine into violation of the Post WW2 agreement, they signed with Russia, and the gullible Ukrainian government flowed along, foolishly thinking the US and her NATO allies would get their back.
Now trouble has come,and none of the idiotic manipulators was willing to send their men to fight with Ukrainian soldiers. They preferred to send weapons and impose sanctions.
please shut up if you have nothing to say

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by HellNino: 5:46am On Mar 11, 2022
Charlotte777:

PUTIN should finish those people,zelensky is a full to allow his people to be used to wash away the sins of the west,I want UK to declare Ukraine a NO FLY ZONE so that putin will deal with UK also Greedy idiots like the WEST
Putin will deal with UK? Look this fool, I wonder if you illiterates think Putin to be a god.

11 Likes

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by PrincessDiana: 5:46am On Mar 11, 2022
I have noticed how the West (US, UK and Europe) use their Main Stream Media (MSM), CNN, BBC, Daily Mail etc to spread misinformation, disinformation and outright lies. They have become shameless about it. Unfortunately the world has become more populated by people that would rather seat in front of a screen watching flowing images than people that want to research and discover stuff.
It should concern viewers that these news outlets no longer get differing views or opinions on important issues, rather, they are all intent on spreading the same stories, the end objective of which is to convince their viewers.
Why should a news channel want to convince you? Why? The job of the press is to give a balanced reportage of the unfolding events and then viewers or readers will make up their minds.
But that's not the case these days. They have turned themselves into the only medium of truth, especially for the undiscerning, same with every propagandist on Social Media.
They now outrightly use gaslighting, projection and outright lies to further their agenda.
I stopped watching CNN since 2018, I am better informed now. I started to dislike their style of news when I noticed the over botoxed, over made up faces of their news anchors, male and female. It just seemed too creepy to me. The repetitiveness was definitely intended to convince me rather than give me a balanced view.
The Ukraine-Russian saga would seriously worry any ordinary person that have done their research on the matter. Why is the west, headed by the US so intent on not allowing us all to make up our minds about the conflict? Why didn't they try to stop it? Why have they been arming brothers against brothers? What is their agenda?
These are questions rational people should be asking.
It is such a pity that rather than douse this whole thing, US, UK, Europe and their CNN watching, social media supporters are rather pouring fire on it.
Russia's demands are not unreasonable.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by HellNino: 5:47am On Mar 11, 2022
todaynewsreview:
May God help us. Putin should call his boys to order. Invading Ukraine is evil. Enough of this barbaric destruction already. Time for peace please.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by PrincessDiana: 5:48am On Mar 11, 2022
Do you just enjoy being rude?
There is nothing he said that is a lie.
HellNino:
please shut up if you have nothing to say

2 Likes

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by HellNino: 5:49am On Mar 11, 2022
PrincessDiana:
Do you just enjoy being rude?
There is nothing he said that is a lie.
Shut that hole in your face! Go and cook for your husband and children.

2 Likes

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by bepositive11: 5:54am On Mar 11, 2022
This is madness
Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by Ifeomah(f): 5:54am On Mar 11, 2022
By the end of this war, if Ukraine hear war dem go run

9 Likes

Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by Ifeomah(f): 5:55am On Mar 11, 2022
Onyiiobi7735:
Re: Kharkiv Nuclear Reactor Lab In Ukraine ‘On Fire After Russian Air Raid’ by bepositive11: 5:55am On Mar 11, 2022
Charlotte777:

Watch this to learn more about your beloved Putin. They call Western leaders out on their BS too btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIgqhU4lkgo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bomb Blasts At Police Headquarters In Chad Capital / Hichilema: We Do Not Support Gay/lesbian Rights, Zambia Is A Christian Nation / Lightning Strikes Kill 27 During India Monsoon Storm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.