Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. (20602 Views)

Chelsea FC To Hold Talks With The UK Government Over Sanctions / Man City Vs Chelsea : All You Need To Know About The Champions League Finals / WATCH VIDEO Southampton 2 Vs 3 Chelsea All Goals Highlights 14 april 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by WebWriter: 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2022
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by Shadysen: 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2022
I careless about that club as an arsenal fan, thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by Enemyofpeace: 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2022
Anything that would destroy Chelsea is highly welcomed and in case you’ve forgottened I am a Manchester United fan grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by Kachi4christ(m): 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2022
Heard Abrahimovic have a steel company in Russia that produces armoured tanks which was used in invading in Ukraine, there are more hidden stories to this Chelsea saga, finger crossed though.
#COYG
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by yomi531(m): 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2022
In 2003 after Abrahamovic bought Chelsea, he contacted Rafa Benitez who had just won LA liga and uefa cup with Valencia blw the space of 2 years to become the manager of Chelsea. Rafa rejected the offer saying, a club that is being owned by an individual can fall at any time when something happens to the owner. People didnt understand him. Mourinho later took over . 19 Years later, Rafa talk don materialize grin

1 Like

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by unclejb2(m): 1:22pm On Mar 11, 2022
ifex370:
Lesson for everyone. As long as it's their land, they can do whatever they want.

Nobody will confiscate his property if it was in Russia.
gbam. Same thing will happen to so many Igbos when Nigeria eventually breaks.... If you check well, these set of Igbos don't believe that Nigeria will dismember some day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by dalongjnr: 1:24pm On Mar 11, 2022
Crazy lots. The west is funding war in Ukraine and not Chelsea football club. There only crime is their owner who gave £1.5 billion loan to the club and decided to sale the club and use the proceeds to care for the victim of war in Ukraine.
The government of UK are cooperate thieves,who are fun of causing problems in other countries and in turn, impose sanctions on the country and used that opportunity to steal money from them and businessman owners who have business presence in the UK.
The are using the same tactics in Africa,allowing "dirty and corrupt monies" into their country and in turn, repatriated same after 10-20yrs.

1 Like

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by IvarDboneless: 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2022
post=110935832:

Very Good comment from a wise and sensible man.
You are so spot on!
You've said it all.
Football should never be mixed with politics.
Una eye don dey open small small abi.... undecided
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by geelite(m): 1:28pm On Mar 11, 2022
thank God they are going to relegation.........dead chelsea tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue smiley wink cheesy angry grin sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry[color=#000000][/color]
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by jacoik(m): 1:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
post=110935267:
This too shall pass.

Our Club shall Overcome.

Keep the Blue Flag Flying Guys.

BLUES FOR LIFE.
all this shall pass? When we go 5 season without anything? I cried my eyes out last night when I hear the news. Do you know that this will demoralise the players? They won't commit 100% again!!!! It painful
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by thundafire: 1:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
Kingpin1000:
The west are targeting an Innocent man for another man's sin.
Who sanctioned Obama?
Who sanctioned Bush?
The Hypocrisy of the west makes me detest them the more.
Is Abramovich supporting the war?
If Buhari invades cameroun, should my shop in London be confiscated?
We should open our eyes and call a spade a spade.
This people from the west has ended up enslaving the world without we knowing.
Abramovich did for Chelsea what no brit has done and will ever do.
You shall rise again.
Abramovich is part of the inner cartel of Putin in case u are ignorant

4 Likes

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by DeepSight(m): 1:30pm On Mar 11, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Who told you Roman is an innocent man? As a Putin boy, he dines with the devil: from whence his fortune arose. He is a privileged beneficiary of the corrupt Russian establishment.

Who sanctioned Obama?
Who sanctioned Bush?

Of course, high hypocrisy, we agree.

No, but as a Putin associate, he can be rightly targeted in order to fully lock-out Putin from access to proxies through whom he can route his private dealings and thereby circumvent the personal effect of sanctions.

If you bought that shop from ill gotten wealth from your dealings with Buhari, yes.

True. They are bastards, fraudulent imperialist bastards, the lot of them.

And there is something wrong and unethical about that kind of blatant money in football. Its the same reason there are laws capping campaign finance for politicians in most democracies.

You shall rise again.

Stop praying for the fabulously rich and opulently extravagant. Divert your prayers to the hungry, the starving, the homeless, the violated, the clotheless, the voiceless.

5 Likes

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by baralatie(m): 1:30pm On Mar 11, 2022
jacoik:
all this shall pass? When we go 5 season without anything? I cried my eyes out last night when I hear the news. Do you know that this will demoralise the players? They won't commit 100% again!!!! It painful
yeah!
The thing is people don't know if the club will exist next season!
As in the club just varnish?
Removed from the log
Like every player will now leave the club and go someplace else
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by 1846xs: 1:31pm On Mar 11, 2022
[s]
post=110937105:
Good Day everyone.
From some of us @[/b],
(Sisi Yewande and Madam Ngo),

We are concerned about sharing personal information of members here with people outside this our page like phone numbers.

Please let's take this seriously and respect each other's privacy.

We are always there for everyone at any time and we are ready to help and consider all that's why we share a lot of personal information with some people here whom we consider to be family and Colleagues.

Let this be the last time this would be happening or else we will leave this [b]NAIRALAND
for good, and trust us this is not a threat.

We know we are here for a common bonding and helping each other, but we must have boundaries and respect for each other's private and personal lives.

Who gave our numbers to Vladimir Putin?

He just called and ask us to talk to Queen Elizabeth on Abramovich behalf, that nothing bind or juxtaposed both of them together, apart from being Russians!

Thank you for reading Everyone cool

CHELSEA FOR LIFE still on still...... cheesy wink cheesy
[/s]
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by papadiho(m): 1:32pm On Mar 11, 2022
I feel sorry for Chelsea
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by dalass(f): 1:33pm On Mar 11, 2022
It's their team in UK, if they like make them destroy am... grin
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by baralatie(m): 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2022
dalass:
It's their team in UK, if they like make them destroy am... grin
At this rate it will be dismantled
Painful for Chelsea

2 Likes

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by DeepSight(m): 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2022
gaby:
Correct your subject line oga...

"What Do" X
"What Does" √

Chai. See correcter wey no sabi English at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by baralatie(m): 1:35pm On Mar 11, 2022
Imagine Chelsea winning this year's champions league and you say
From next season Chelsea is no more
Chai

1 Like

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by rottennaija(m): 1:37pm On Mar 11, 2022
Kingpin1000:
Who sanctioned Obama?
Who sanctioned Bush?
You shall rise again.

So basically, they are making employees of Chelsea suffer because Chelsea is own by a Russian? Interesting. It would seem these people do no think anymore

4 Likes

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by 184xr: 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2022
[s]
post=110935379:
Analysis: Pat Nevin, former Chelsea winger speaking to BBC

We are in unchartered water, but the football side, what will happen to the club now? No-one knows. I can tell you something, it's very serious.

I heard someone say recently the wage bill is £28m a week. Where will you get that if you can't trade? If this carries on for a period of time, it's strange looking to see how the club is viable in its current form.

It's not hyperbole to say the future of the club is in serious danger.

I can't say 'everything will be OK'. I think the club will survive. Will it look the same after all this is over? No, I don't think that will be the case.

[/s]
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by 184xr: 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2022
[s]
post=110935832:

Very Good comment from a wise and sensible man.
You are so spot on!
You've said it all.
Football should never be mixed with politics.
[/s]
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by greatness77: 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2022
post=110935246:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60684038.

russia should drop 5 nukes in britain, britain is an embordiment of evil
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by kokomilala(m): 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2022
The West is hitting Putin where it hurts most- his cronies,money-launderers etc. Abramovich has very close ties with Putin and the Russian government.And,he's a beneficiary of a totalitarian system of oppression.
Pharaoh would not allow the Jews to leave Egypt until God killed Egypt's firstborns. The West,in concert,is hitting Putin ,like a skilled boxer at all the vulnerable points,including below the belt.
For as long as this conflict continues,there's no way up for Chelsea as a football club. I see it going into administration. Three has already pulled plug on its £ 40 million shirt sponsorship deal with the club. Other investors will follow suit.
The US still pulls the financial power in the world. One must admit that at times America behaves irresponsibly in its interaction with the rest of the world. However,regarding this Ukraine War,the US hasn't taken a wrong foot.

1 Like

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by hayzed19(m): 1:47pm On Mar 11, 2022
Newcastle is owned by the Family State( Saudi Arabia) currently annihilating Yemen and guilty of chopping Jamal khashoggi to pieces.
Man City is also owned by a citizen and currently the deputy prime minister of UAE,UAE is also funding war in Yemen.
But they cant sanction them cos they are allies.
why the disparity in treatment?

3 Likes

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by greatness77: 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2022
thundafire:
Abramovich is part of the inner cartel of Putin in case u are ignorant
Apc hypocrite show us evidence
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 11, 2022
post=110935246:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60684038.

It means the end of Chelsea because its owner is Russian. Gunners for life
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by hotseat: 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2022
Kingpin1000:
Who sanctioned Obama?
Who sanctioned Bush?
You shall rise again.

I feel your pain.

But I would crave your indulgence to examine the critical issues at hand.

Abramovic deserves kudos for taking Chelsea FC to an enviable height, no doubt.

However, it has been established that he has a robust, though seemingly clandestine, relationship with the madman of Russia, Vladimir Putin.

Ambramovic is just one amongst other oligarchs known to have close ties with the bloodthirsty, dictatorial and invading Putin.

It is the believed that the unwholesome support of oligarchs like Abramovic that encourages Putin into his present invasion of the sovereign nation of Ukraine.

This is a war situation.

Whatever in your arsenal that can lead to the defeat of an enemy must be fully and comprehensively explored.

2 Likes

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by Stevyne: 2:00pm On Mar 11, 2022
yomi531:
In 2003 after Abrahamovic bought Chelsea, he contacted Rafa Benitez who had just won LA liga and uefa cup with Valencia blw the space of 2 years to become the manager of Chelsea. Rafa rejected the offer saying, a club that is being owned by an individual can fall at any time when something happens to the owner. People didnt understand him. Mourinho later took over . 19 Years later, Rafa talk don materialize grin
Chai, you sounded so daft.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by baralatie(m): 2:02pm On Mar 11, 2022
hotseat:

I feel your pain.

But I would crave your indulgence to examine the critical issues at hand.

Abramovic deserves kudos for taking Chelsea FC to an enviable height, no doubt. Of

However, it has been established that he has a robust, though seemingly clandestine, relationship with the madman of Russia, Vladimir Putin.

Ambramovic is just one amongst other oligarchs known to have close ties with the bloodthirsty, dictatorial and invading Putin.

It is the believed that the unwholesome support of oligarchs like Abramovic that encourages Putin into his present invasion of the sovereign nation of Ukraine.

This is a war situation.

Whatever in your arsenal that can lead to the defeat of an enemy must be fully and comprehensively explored.
Has Russia abandoned it's attack on Ukraine?
Or has ukraine won the war?

Culled from the bbc.com
The cities of Lutsk, Ivano-Frankivsk are targeted with Dnipro struck for the first time since the Russian invasion began

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amaju Pinnick Attends 2022 World Cup Draws In Qatar / Rashidi Yekini Now Walks The Streets Of Ibadan Barefooted / Thomas Sweswe.The Only Player Who Played For 90mins Without Touching D Ball

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.