Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. (20613 Views)

Chelsea FC To Hold Talks With The UK Government Over Sanctions / Man City Vs Chelsea : All You Need To Know About The Champions League Finals / WATCH VIDEO Southampton 2 Vs 3 Chelsea All Goals Highlights 14 april 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by losak9111(m): 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2022
post=110935246:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60684038.

That's where people don't get the people happy about all this now, it could happen to your club tomorrow. It doesn't make sense. So if Nigeria invades Benin Republic tomorrow and Dangote owns a club in UK they will sanction him that way. Before you jump on this post try to understand my point if not, overlook pls because Ara nkan mi. Because I don go score own goal�

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by olisaEze(m): 2:07pm On Mar 11, 2022
I detest hypocrisy and right now the British are no different from Vladimir Putin by attacking business men who have no say in how the Russian State is being run.

2 Likes

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by Voldoz: 2:08pm On Mar 11, 2022
Kingpin1000:
The west are targeting an Innocent man for another man's sin.
Who sanctioned Obama?
Who sanctioned Bush?
The Hypocrisy of the west makes me detest them the more.
Is Abramovich supporting the war?
If Buhari invades cameroun, should my shop in London be confiscated?
We should open our eyes and call a spade a spade.
This people from the west has ended up enslaving the world without we knowing.
Abramovich did for Chelsea what no brit has done and will ever do.
You shall rise again.

For once think? Sanctions are meant to affect both parties you think the UK government won't lose too or do you think they are happy placing those sanctions?

The Americans are also been sanctioned by other countries so don't think US can't be sanctioned.

But all these are to make Putin bulge but he isn't.

Sanctions are double edge blade it affects both side.
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by Voldoz: 2:14pm On Mar 11, 2022
One4me:
Its means the UK is a Crook, stealing the Assets of Russian Citizens, under the pretext of Ukrainian Solidarity.

UK knew that Roman was a Russian, yet they allowed him to invest in their Steel Industry, Football Club (which he revived from being dead!) and Real Estate.

I hope this serves as a lesson to those who put their Assets in the Western World, those Criminals will one day, turn against you and steal your Assets, America even had a law drafted specifically to Steal such Assets of Nations and individuals.
I hope Russia will also "sanction" (Seize) British, European and American Assets on its Soil, tit-for-tat
undecided

Go sleep you know nothing about this issue the Chelsea is more of theirs than even Roman they made money from the club too. Do you think they are happy about what's going on? The British also have business in Russia too.
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by Chingykay77(m): 2:18pm On Mar 11, 2022
selch:
I understand sanctioning Russia as a country,but there is no reason to the sanctioning of people just because they are Russians and just because they have or had relationship with the government,which country billionaires don't have ties with its government? That's how you become a billionaire. I'm not a Chelsea fan but this is crazy, when did football involve itself with politics? Why has the billionaire from other countries not been sanctioned after their country committed atrocities around the world. Crazy people!
God bless you bro
Now the President of Russia will fully have nothing to loose if Ukraine doesn't agree to his terms. Besides Putin didn't make these people Billionaires neither did Russia. They worked themselves hard to where they are now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by gaby(m): 2:21pm On Mar 11, 2022
DeepSight:

Chai. See correcter wey no sabi English at all.

Shey you see how you disgrace your entire community wey contribute money to send you go school plus you whole lineage...

Dundee

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by SMARTMOTORS(m): 2:24pm On Mar 11, 2022
I hope my fellow Igbomen and women are seeing the consequences of putting all your investment in another man's land!!....man una keep developing and investing in foreign lands leaving Igboland with nothing!. THE DAYS ARE COMING!!
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by hotseat: 2:24pm On Mar 11, 2022
baralatie:

Has Russia abandoned it's attack on Ukraine?
Or has ukraine won the war?

Culled from the bbc.com
The cities of Lutsk, Ivano-Frankivsk are targeted with Dnipro struck for the first time since the Russian invasion began

You've just buttressed the fact that Putin is evil and seems irredeemable in his desperate quest to subjugate Ukraine and bring it under Russian authority and control whatever be the cost.
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by SMARTMOTORS(m): 2:25pm On Mar 11, 2022
I hope my fellow Igbomen and women are seeing the consequences of putting all your investment in another man's land!!.... keep developing and investing in foreign lands leaving Igboland with nothing!. THE DAYS ARE COMING!!
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by thundafire: 2:26pm On Mar 11, 2022
greatness77:
Apc hypocrite show us evidence
go check
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by DeepSight(m): 2:26pm On Mar 11, 2022
gaby:

Shey you see how you disgrace your entire community wey contribute money to send you go school plus you whole lineage...

Dundee

Don't try to escape. You specifically said in your post you were referring to the "subject line."
Just admit it, its no big deal.
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by guychidile: 2:39pm On Mar 11, 2022
I don't understand why this will take place ,in the first instance.
Is Roman Abramovich the Russian president ?
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by maasoap(m): 2:44pm On Mar 11, 2022
UK government is just hurting itself, her economy and her citizens benefitting from Chelsea directly and indirectly.

Chelsea's wage bill is round about £28m a month. We don't know how much cash they have in the bank. The most recent accounts we have are from June 2021 when there was £16m in the bank. Abramovich has been injecting money into Chelsea on a regular basis over recent years and presumably that won't be able to continue.

1 Like

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by AbdulHakeem44(m): 2:53pm On Mar 11, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
Anything that would destroy Chelsea is highly welcomed and in case you’ve forgottened I am a Manchester United fan grin grin tongue

Peace, vawulence and football banters doesn't !ake one to lose his brains, I'm seriously perturbed how u lost yours. No football fans can be happy with this kind of situation, ever. This is a loss to football, not just Chelsea. If you rejoice cos it happens to ur rival clubs today, what if it happens to your club tomorrow. Look left, can you see that shop? If yes, they sell sense there!!

2 Likes

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by Enemyofpeace: 2:55pm On Mar 11, 2022
AbdulHakeem44:

Peace, vawulence and football banters doesn't !ake one to lose his brains, I'm seriously perturbed how u lost yours. No football fans can be happy with this kind of situation, ever. This is a loss to football, not just Chelsea. If you rejoice cos it happens to ur rival clubs today, what if it happens to your club tomorrow. Look left, can you see that shop? If yes, they sell sense there!!
Anything that would destroy Chelsea is highly welcomed and in case you’ve forgottened I am a Manchester United fan
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by gaby(m): 2:55pm On Mar 11, 2022
DeepSight:

Don't try to escape. You specifically said in your post you were referring to the "subject line."
Just admit it, its no big deal.

Even roadside mechanic go fit spoil your daftness.

You are so dull.

Now, get off my mention..i detest numbskulss...

Eeeeewww

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by AbdulHakeem44(m): 2:55pm On Mar 11, 2022
SMARTMOTORS:
I hope my fellow Igbomen and women are seeing the consequences of putting all your investment in another man's land!!.... keep developing and investing in foreign lands leaving Igboland with nothing!. THE DAYS ARE COMING!!

Igbos have the most investment scattered in Nigeria mostly. Go to the commercial area of every busy towns and cities, Igbos have taken over, not too bad though as they are industrious people but should take lesson from the ongoing world politics
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by AbdulHakeem44(m): 2:56pm On Mar 11, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
Anything that would destroy Chelsea is highly welcomed and in case you’ve forgottened I am a Manchester United fan
Like I said, you need sense.

Rivalry is different from witch hunting. Well I don't expect you to know the difference, you still need sense though!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by baralatie(m): 3:01pm On Mar 11, 2022
hotseat:

You've just buttressed the fact that Putin is evil and seems irredeemable in his desperate quest to subjugate Ukraine and bring it under Russian authority and control whatever be the cost.

Ukraine voted in a comedian for a president in the midst of an 8 years old civil war.
What did you think was going to happen in the end.
A couple of laughs
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by yomi531(m): 3:01pm On Mar 11, 2022
Stevyne:
Chai, you sounded so daft.
Ntorr e pain am. Ur beloved Chelshit is going down grin Confirm what I said about Rafa. I dont say things I dont know about.
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by Enemyofpeace: 3:01pm On Mar 11, 2022
AbdulHakeem44:

Like I said, you need sense.

Rivalry is different from witch hunting. Well I don't expect you to know the difference, you still need sense though!!!
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by KangaIye: 3:15pm On Mar 11, 2022
This witch hunting is just too much, we shall overcome
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by Funjosh(m): 3:18pm On Mar 11, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
Anything that would destroy Chelsea is highly welcomed and in case you’ve forgottened I am a Manchester United fan grin grin tongue

Iyangbali, Babangbali, Enemyofpeace, Enemyofprogress and all the mumu name you dey bear, God pass you and Red Devil
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by DeepSight(m): 3:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
gaby:

Even roadside noechanic go fit spoil your daftness.

You are so dull.

Now, get off my mention..i detest numbskulss...

Eeeeewww

Okay, this is a trivial subject, but just before I go, let me be clear: were you saying that this -

"What do UK Government sanctions mean for Chelsea?"

- - - is wrong, and that the correct version should have been -

"What does UK Government sanctions mean for Chelsea?"
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by aribisala0(m): 3:26pm On Mar 11, 2022
Abramovich has been described today on British TV as

THE FORMER OWNER of Chelsea FC
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by aribisala0(m): 3:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
DeepSight:

Okay, this is a trivial subject, but just before I go, let me be clear: were you saying that this -

"What do UK Government sanctions mean for Chelsea?"

- - - is wrong, and that the correct version should have been -

"What does UK Government sanctions mean for Chelsea?"

One it is trivial

Two you are wrong .
Three English is nobody's language

Oponu

What do sanctions mean is right

Your suggestion
What does sanctions mean is illiterate
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by Enemyofpeace: 3:34pm On Mar 11, 2022
Funjosh:

Iyangbali, Babangbali, Enemyofpeace, Enemyofprogress and all the mumu name you dey bear, God pass you and Red Devil
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by Funjosh(m): 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2022
Enemyofpeace:

You and your cohorts will be disappointed last last. Omo Red Devil jatijati oshi
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by DeepSight(m): 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2022
aribisala0:

One it is trivial

Agreed.

Three English is nobody's language

Agreed again - my issue is the gentleman was the one pompously trying to correct someone with nonsense!

Please read what you quoted again.

What do sanctions mean is right

Your suggestion
What does sanctions mean is illiterate

Exactly my position sir - he was the one who said the reverse! Look here -

gaby:
Correct your subject line oga...

"What Do" X
"What Does" √

Pompously correcting someone else - and thereby writing the absolutely wrong thing - is what is comical.
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by Promiseisaac(m): 3:42pm On Mar 11, 2022
Very soon the will ban Chelsea from playing
Re: What Do UK Government Sanctions Mean For Chelsea? ALL Your Questions Answered. by gaby(m): 3:43pm On Mar 11, 2022
DeepSight:

Who told you Roman is an innocent man? As a Putin boy, he dines with the devil: from whence his fortune arose. He is a privileged beneficiary of the corrupt Russian establishment.

Of course, high hypocrisy, we agree.

No, but as a Putin associate, he can be rightly targeted in order to fully lock-out Putin from access to proxies through whom he can route his private dealings and thereby circumvent the personal effect of sanctions.

If you bought that shop from ill gotten wealth from your dealings with Buhari, yes.

True. They are bastards, fraudulent imperialist bastards, the lot of them.

And there is something wrong and unethical about that kind of blatant money in football. Its the same reason there are laws capping campaign finance for politicians in most democracies.

Stop praying for the fabulously rich and opulently extravagant. Divert your prayers to the hungry, the starving, the homeless, the violated, the clotheless, the voiceless.
Some of una go just come online dey spew bullock...

Go read up on black water. When you are done with that, do a read up on Dick Cheney...

The life no balance..

Putin isn't crazy...

Even if he was, the hypocrisy of the life as we know it today is enough to drive anyone reasonable and rational crazy....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

12 Reasons The Super Eagles Will Go Far In Russia 2018 World Cup- Sunday Folayan / Sunderland Sacks Papy Djilobodji For Failing Fitness Test / Sadjo Samuel Wins First Ikogosi 10KM Marathon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.