Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,037 members, 7,810,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases (24147 Views)

FG To End ₦30 Billion Monthly Electricity Subsidy Next Year — Osinbajo / Akan Okon: Ibom Deep Seaport To Be Built In Phases / FG Removes VAT From Cooking Gas. Price To Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by dre11(m): 9:01am On Mar 11, 2022
By Emma Ujah, Abuja Bureau Chief & Obas Esiedesa

The Minister of Finance, Budgets and National Planning, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed, said that the Federal Government, FG, has quietly removed all subsidies in the power sector, with a plan to gradually end subsidies on petrol.

Ahmed who spoke at a virtual meeting of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) with the theme: “The Political Economy of Fiscal Reforms in Africa”, said the current high price of crude oil has further increased petrol subsidy burden on the Federal Government.

She noted that though the government had a setback in its plan to have subsidies on petrol removed by July this year, it would work with the National Assembly to have it removed in phases.

She stated: “We are cleaning up our subsidies. We had a setback, we were to remove fuel subsidy by July this year but there was a lot of push back from the polity. We have elections coming and also because of the hardship that companies and citizens went through during the COVID-19 pandemic, we just felt that the time was not right, so we pulled back on that.

“But we have been able to quietly implement subsidy removal in the electricity sector and as it is, as we speak, we don’t have subsidies in the electricity sector. We did that overtime by carefully adjusting the prices at some levels while holding the lower levels down.

“Fuel subsidy is a huge problem for us. It has thrown up our deficits too much higher than we planned. What is happening now with the global oil prices is also going to worsen matters but the current review that we are doing is to hold the subsidy at the level in which we planned.

“We are currently doing a budget amendment to accommodate incremental subsidy (removal) as a result of the reversal of the decision and we want to cap it at that. Hopefully, the parliament will agree with us and we are able to continue with our plan for subsidy (removal) otherwise the way things are going we will not be able to predict where we will be”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/fg-removes-electricity-subsidy-quietly-petrol-in-phases-2/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by inoki247: 9:03am On Mar 11, 2022
Gas is now 750 , Diesel 750 company wey go fold diz year go plenty die....

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by heniford2: 9:08am On Mar 11, 2022
I told my friend here in finland that the scarcity of fuel in Nigeria is a useless game the federal government used in removing the subsidy know the have done so guys welcome to official pump price of fuel,400,kero,600,desal,900,gas,1200 angry cheesy what am asking, is it upon the 30k minimum wage undecided guys!!! APC has useless this country patpat!! Sky rocket of things know will be super dupe because i can't transport a goods of lets say 200k and not add it up in sales to make profit, what will APC use to campaign is it the 2nd niger bridge or the useless train what!!!! Brethen winter of hunger and poverty is coming!!

157 Likes 16 Shares

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Hashabiah: 9:08am On Mar 11, 2022
Nonsense. The cluelessness of the APC regime has shown us that Nigeria will be doomed for another 300 years. So all the false story of fuel scarcity was just another avenue to impose more hardship on the already overburdened masses? God will surely punish Buhari

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Nukilia: 9:09am On Mar 11, 2022
APC has been a disaster all these years wink undecided

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by HitbackIIback: 9:09am On Mar 11, 2022
"But we have been able to quietly implement subsidy removal in the electricity sector and as it is, as we speak, we don’t have subsidies in the electricity sector"

I think they have started same with fuel, filling station ⛽ have adjusted their pump prices and same goes to transporters. God will see us through

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by LLiKYekoba: 9:11am On Mar 11, 2022
Well, I have also increased the price of my services and goods which are all essential to humanity. The goods wey I dey produce na only me dey produce am for Nigeria and everybody need am.

So no shaking. grin

Chainji rubbish nor concern me. No be me put dullard for there.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by omowolewa: 9:14am On Mar 11, 2022
Humm
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by heniford2: 9:18am On Mar 11, 2022
In a good country NLC
undecided bribe folks grin would have short down the whole system by know everyone would have hit the streets crazly demand the restoration of normalcy but who dares everyone is in pains and suffering yet una lockup undecided Eastern States needs Biafra!!! And we must get it either peace or war!!! Be ready !!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by FreeStuffsNG: 9:22am On Mar 11, 2022
I am happy that subsidies in electricty has ended. Both the subsidy in electricity and the subsidy on petrol is a daylight robbery of poor Nigerians living in villages without roads and electricity because they are not benefitting from it yet government is not giving them subsudies in their own priority needs.

Apart from ending the corruption regime enabled by subsidues, abolition of subsidies will also attract private players into the sector to make huge investments.

May God bless Nigeria for ever.

On the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand #Iyanumashele
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by WibusJaga: 11:57am On Mar 11, 2022

Will these measures improve standard of living & make life more bearable for the masses?
I'm afraid the answer is NO!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Chigozirimkpoma: 11:57am On Mar 11, 2022
cool
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Kingpele(m): 11:58am On Mar 11, 2022
Criminal government, just as u say God is good in the past ,today and forever, it is in same vain we can rightly say buharia and all our politicians past and present is evil in the past ,today and forever, but buharia is some fantastically curse to the nation both in 1983 to 85 and 2015 to 2023 ,it might not be his intentions but that is the reality we found ourselves, whenever he is in power hardship will be in the rise

1 Like

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Orire01(m): 11:58am On Mar 11, 2022
hmmm, Little wonder it rose by 120%

My siggy!!
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Handsum64: 11:58am On Mar 11, 2022
*The African in the morning, wakes up, turns off his alarm clock made in CHINA, comes out of his sheets woven in INDIA, puts on his clothes made in BANGLADESH* *; shoes from ITA. LY, drinks his orange juice from SPAIN, puts milk made in FRANCE in his coffee produced in BRAZIL.*
*He jumps in his car made in JAPAN or in Germany to go to the TOTAL service station (FRANCE), he fills up and takes his KOREAN Samsung phone made in TAIWAN or iPhone (USA) and pays with MOBILE MONEY (Owned by foreign stakeholders) .*
*At noon, he leaves his office, dressed in a nice 3-piece suit in the heat, in a Western dress code.* *He joins his friend in an upscale restaurant serving Western specialties then smokes an AMERICAN cigarette or CUBAN cigar while sipping an Irish aperitif or Chilean wine. They eat CAMBODIAN or Taiwanese rice, drink a Cognac from France and come home to watch the Barça vs Réal Madrid on A Samsung TV made in Korea without having spent a cent which will remain in Africa.* *Then they debate to know why there is neither work nor money in the country & on our continent.*

*And with that, they conclude that their problems are other people’s make….”*

*WAKE UP DEAR AFRICANS, THE REAL CHANGE BEGINS WITH US !!!!!*

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by mbahdi(m): 11:58am On Mar 11, 2022
Fools in power

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by alsudan: 11:58am On Mar 11, 2022
Even pregnant and nursing mothers now sleep in filling stations just to get fuel under the demonic APC Government.

Nigerians must do the needful in 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Uruan2023: 11:59am On Mar 11, 2022
Naija ehn

Na only God dey understand our leaders.

2023 pls come

1 Like

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by ogododo: 11:59am On Mar 11, 2022
dre11:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/fg-removes-electricity-subsidy-quietly-petrol-in-phases-2/

Lalasticlala

Bubu never show una anything yet. U go here. Very soon, plane no go fly because of high cost of fuel.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by mrvitalis(m): 11:59am On Mar 11, 2022
It was impossible to maintain ..those two needed to go please

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by whytediamond(m): 12:00pm On Mar 11, 2022
Ok o
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Theunbothered: 12:00pm On Mar 11, 2022
Light and fuel prices to skyrocket with absolutely no improvement in supply.

This is Buhari's Nigeria.

Sai Baba!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by ogododo: 12:01pm On Mar 11, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
I am happy that subsidies in electricty has ended. Both subidies in electricity and pstrol is a daylight robbery of Nigerians living in villages without roads and electricity because they are not benefitting from it yet government is not giving them subsudies in their own priority needs.

Apart from ending the corruption regime enabled by subsidues, abolition of subsidies will also attract private players into the sector to make huge investments.

May God bless Nigeria for ever.

On the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand #Iyanumashele

U suppose dey for one area near Ramat Park for Benin round about.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by barinav: 12:01pm On Mar 11, 2022
LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT FOR BUSINESS OWNERS!!

Get a unique and quality logo that represents the values and vision of your brand/business at up to 60% off!

Instead of ₦10,000, Get the following at just ₦3,990!;

• A high quality logo that is attention grabbing. With this, you'd get more prospects and customers for your business.
• A transparent version of your logo which you can use to watermark images of your products and services.
• A plain version of your logo for letter heads, business cards, Identity cards, etc.
• 3 variations of a 3D version of your logo that distinguishes your logo from that of your competitors, thereby giving you an edge over them.
• A PDF copy of your logo.

Call us with the number on the flyer or contact us via WhatsApp to take advantage of this discount before it ends.

[img]https://images./3stpdmgoRZEDDTJMBvSLV8.jpg[/img]

[url=/sM3g][img]https://i./3OK6Q.gif[/img][/url]

[img]https://i./3OK6U.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 11, 2022
The people, as citizens, deserve welfare packages, payments or subsidies etc...as shareholders of the common wealth. Government can not look the other way while the people suffer...for governance in itself is about taking care of the people's needs and aspirations.

Is the wealth of the nation for Political office holders alone?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by talktimi(m): 12:01pm On Mar 11, 2022
Nigerians must receive sense by force cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by WHITELIGHTER: 12:01pm On Mar 11, 2022
We wey dey run betshop, Na we dey suffer am pass...we can't increase the price and commission isn't reviewed upwards...I don tire

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 11, 2022
So electricity get subsidy. Upon say light no dey
God have mercy on all our leaders

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari And Ambode At The Commemoration Of Osun At 25 (Photos) / $1m Found In Alex Badeh's Wardrobe - Witness Exposes Ex-Chief Of Defence Staff / Buhari asks G20 to cancel Nigeria’s debt after fresh $4bn, €710m loan request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.