Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,749 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases (24165 Views)

FG To End ₦30 Billion Monthly Electricity Subsidy Next Year — Osinbajo / Akan Okon: Ibom Deep Seaport To Be Built In Phases / FG Removes VAT From Cooking Gas. Price To Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Ay77(m): 12:33pm On Mar 11, 2022
Batam:
So electricity get subsidy. Upon say light no dey
God have mercy on all our leaders

Bro I fear this country
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2022
Wait oooo! What magic did GEJ perform during his stay as president?

He stole so much, according to APC, but we were okay atleast.

Their previous excuse was that it was because crude oil was cheap, and during GEJ’s time, it was 100 and above.

Now it is over 100, and they still complaining.

What exactly does APC want?

Someone should please educate my ignorance.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by drealcivilceno(m): 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2022
Batam:

You understand...

Have they been subsidizing it before?
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Cruziero75: 12:39pm On Mar 11, 2022
Bros, maybe you ain't getting the gist. It is this same Buhari and co. that did heavy street protest against Goodluck Jonathan on fuel subsidy removal.

mrvitalis:
It was impossible to maintain ..those two needed to go please

1 Like

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Perfectbeing(m): 12:43pm On Mar 11, 2022
Remove the God damned petrol subsidy once and for all. Even with fuel subsidy, fuel price have been increasing since 1999 no heaven did not fall. Lets just close our eyes and remove this warm hole from our space

1 Like

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Acidosis(m): 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2022
inoki247:
Gas is now 750 , Diesel 750 company wey go fold diz year go plenty die....

Kerosene - N450
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Ezmans: 12:45pm On Mar 11, 2022
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by VEHINTOLAR: 12:46pm On Mar 11, 2022
I don't blame the wicked government of Buhari actually but gullible Nigerians who take whatever that's thrown at them without any form of resistance. Mumu lots,they were everywhere shouting "endsars" and almost burned down the country but have stupidly kept quiet in the face of daylight robberies by the wicked government of Buhari ! Awon ode gbogbo ! The way Nigerians quickly adjust their miserable lives to accommodate more sufferings is indeed amazing ! Kai,bunch of cowards who can't challenge their oppressors !

3 Likes

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by lordm(m): 12:47pm On Mar 11, 2022
Diesel is not 900, stop lying
heniford2:
I told my friend here in finland that the scarcity of fuel in Nigeria is a useless game the federal government used in removing the subsidy know the have done so guys welcome to official pump price of fuel,400,kero,600,desal,900,gas,1200 angry cheesy what am asking, is it upon the 30k minimum wage undecided guys!!! APC has useless this country patpat!! Sky rocket of things know will be super dupe because i can't transport a goods of lets say 200k and not add it up in sales to make profit, what will APC use to campaign is it the 2nd niger bridge or the useless train what!!!! Brethen winter of hunger and poverty is coming!!
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Brushstrokes20: 12:48pm On Mar 11, 2022
The lifeless scammer is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER! undecided

Ogun kill any brainless zombie that quotes me to spit trash! undecided..... Useless baaaastarrrds!

1 Like

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Perfectbeing(m): 12:51pm On Mar 11, 2022
Batam:
It is because of the electricity subsidy and the fact that government set price on electricity disregarding the cost of its production that's why there's no light.. If Government had allowed the electricity companies to set their own price so that can make enough profit to build, renovate, expand and invest more in their equipments, then this light issue would have been long gone..

Look at the telecommunication industry that the government didn't set price for. When the first came a sim card was very very expensive.. About N50k. It enabled them have enough money up upgrade and invest in their business and now see how good the telecommunication industry is doing...
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by MrSquint: 12:54pm On Mar 11, 2022
APC is working
Nigerians are complaining
Who voted this government into office ?

This is just the beginning, APC till further notice my dear people.

I'm waiting to hear what APC will say to Nigerians during the forthcoming campaigns bcus this is not what they promised una that year Ooh. I still have that good list of heavenly promises you know.

My people una don learn any lessons ?

1 Like

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by heniford2: 12:54pm On Mar 11, 2022
babayinka77:

If subsidy has been removed already, you will not buy petrol for even N500/ litre. How much is a litre of petrol in Finland?
The issue here for me though is the fact that we've got no balls to do the right things and damn the political consequences of our good policies.For Nigeria to move forward, we must remove subsidy.
I am also in support of gradual removal to reduce the impact of sudden total removal.
the question is why are we removing it and what purpose and how is it of a benefit to the citizen you removed it know when the economy is on a hush moody how do your citizen survive undecided
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by meccuno: 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2022
[s]
FreeStuffsNG:
I am happy that subsidies in electricty has ended. Both the subsidy in electricity and the subsidy on petrol is a daylight robbery of poor Nigerians living in villages without roads and electricity because they are not benefitting from it yet government is not giving them subsudies in their own priority needs.

Apart from ending the corruption regime enabled by subsidues, abolition of subsidies will also attract private players into the sector to make huge investments.

May God bless Nigeria for ever.

On the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand #Iyanumashele
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
[/s]I have seen people whose mental abilities have gone so low way beyond that of a bed bug. But yours is something that is incomprehensible. That your thought process makes one loose faith in humanity is an understatement.

2 Likes

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by inoki247: 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2022
Acidosis:

Kerosene - N450

Already 550 here
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by FLYFIRE(m): 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2022
litigator:
Wait oooo! What magic did GEJ perform during his stay as president?

He stole so much according to APC. But we were okay atleast.

Now their previous excuse was that it’s because crude oil is cheap and during GEJ’s time it was 100 and above.

Now it is over 100 and they still complaining.

What exactly does APC want?

Some should please educate my ignorance.

Thanks

The difference is that GEJ ran an all-inclusive govt where every one that worked with him were picked by merit & not because of religious or ethnic background. Bubu is running a fulani govt of Nigeria with almost ALL of the appointees not qualified for such appointments. AND THEY HAVE TAKEN NIGERIA BACK TO OVER TEN YEARS

3 Likes

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by BennyDGreat: 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2022
dalass:
The economic team and especially this finance minister has no inkling what it takes to improve our common wealth except borrow borrow and increase in taxes, services and the last straw, subsidies...

Typical of Abokis to take and take without giving back or remorse.

A combination of Obasanjo and Ngozi Iweala paid off all debts with very low prices of oil barrel. These Aboki combo of Buhari and his fellow Aboki woman have driven the country into a real financial quagmire despite soaring oil prices all over the world

Apt. The confusion up there is too much

1 Like

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by BennyDGreat: 12:59pm On Mar 11, 2022
Perfectbeing:
It is because of the electricity subsidy and the fact that government set price on electricity disregarding the cost of its production that's why there's no light.. If Government had allowed the electricity companies to set their own price so that can make enough profit to build, renovate, expand and invest more in their equipments, then this light issue would have been long gone..

Look at the telecommunication industry that the government didn't set price for. When the first came a sim card was very very expensive.. About N50k. It enabled them have enough money up upgrade and invest in their business and now see how good the telecommunication industry is doing...

You have said it all
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by FreeStuffsNG: 1:00pm On Mar 11, 2022
meccuno:
[s][/s]I have seen people whose mental abilities have gone so low way beyond that of a bed bug. But yours is something that is incomprehensible. That your thought process makes one loose faith in humanity is an understatement.
cc Seun Mynd44 Lalasticlala
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by mrvitalis(m): 1:03pm On Mar 11, 2022
Cruziero75:
Bros, maybe you ain't getting the gist. It is this same Buhari and co. that did heavy street protest against Goodluck Jonathan on fuel subsidy removal.

That's politics reality bis different it's not their fault Nigerians fell for that scam
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by heniford2: 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2022
otokx:

The funny part is that NLC, TUC, etc are so quiet.
is a planned deal between the heads of this said group money most have changed hands in a scene country, how dare the create scarcity to punish the mass some people are saying is good till the will start buying purewater 50naira per one till transportation from a place that use to be 100 naira b4 now 300, you local mama put of 400naira meal now 1000k,

How are you going to survive with a salary of 30k,40k,50k,even 100k with kids schools fees,house rent remember someone is still collecting a salary of 5k,10k,15k, in Nigeria

You house Rent will surely increase from 1room of 5k local to 10k from ur selfco, of 12k to 20k per month, from ur 20k per 3 bedroom flat to 45k...is coming very hard

Crime rate will surely shot up know youth will see more reasons to join bandit,kidnapping God bless Unknown gunman because boys are joining them soon west skull mining, Ritual yahoo,Yes ESN and IPOB will have new members police,army will be hunterd down killed prostitution on a sky rocket high.

Get ready buhari and APC is woke,the funny thing about this you have to get enough money to japa 4 those thinking of japa flight ticket will increase so is every normal thing, God an't gonna save u in Nigeria reason he fucking gave you guys brain to think and act but we are scared to use it, so we allow dumb leaders to use lead us

2 Likes

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by MrBanner(m): 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2022
Olarbisiii:
Am very sorry for posting this here please am seeking for a assistance for the sake of almighty God please am currently suffering a lot with my little baby since I lost both of my jobs and my husband with no helpings hands it has lead to a lot of hunger for me and my child, please if it's with a job to try to help me and by the special grace of God you shall never experience a backwardness and an untimely death in your life amen

Please if it's for us to eat my acct is
GT, bank, 06.84.78.48.40, Oluwatosin Muyiwa Olabisi,

Seun Mynd44 Lalasticlala Oam4j Rocktation Justwise
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by noCAP(m): 1:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
It will never be well with buhari and his cohorts. On top this hardship, them still dey add more. They will surely die untimely deaths

2 Likes

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 11, 2022
Perfectbeing:

No pain no gain.
The government is not ready to hand over like telecoms because of political reasons which is affecting the economic growth.

Mind you, electricity is only subsidised on paper, if truly they subsidized, the issue of estimated billing will not be happening
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by InoGetJoy: 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
I am happy that subsidies in electricty has ended. Both the subsidy in electricity and the subsidy on petrol is a daylight robbery of poor Nigerians living in villages without roads and electricity because they are not benefitting from it yet government is not giving them subsudies in their own priority needs.

Apart from ending the corruption regime enabled by subsidues, abolition of subsidies will also attract private players into the sector to make huge investments.

May God bless Nigeria for ever.

On the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand #Iyanumashele
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
My happiness is that you'll suffer also. This demonic government you support said they'll build 1 refinery per year. What happened to that promise?

2 Likes

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by buckeyemedia: 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hashabiah:
Nonsense. The cluelessness of the APC regime has shown us that Nigeria will be doomed for another 300 years. So all the false story of fuel scarcity was just another avenue to impose more hardship on the already overburdened masses? God will surely punish Buhari
Which one is APC regime, what is the difference, isn’t it same Umuahi pdp now APC? Isn’t it Obaseki APC, now pdp?

Or wasn’t it Rotimi Amaechi Mr pdp Rivers state, now Honorable Minister of Transportation?

Keep deceiving yourself, good thing you admitted yourself that you are doomed, you think blaming others exonerates you?
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by buckeyemedia: 1:47pm On Mar 11, 2022
Eraser man 184xv, you have reached here? Nairaland bandit.
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by tit(f): 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2022
Nice one by President GMB
The only man who can lead us to riches
Salute
Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by tit(f): 1:55pm On Mar 11, 2022
dalass:
The economic team and especially this finance minister has no inkling what it takes to improve our common wealth except borrow borrow and increase in taxes, services and the last straw, subsidies...

Typical of Abokis to take and take without giving back or remorse.

A combination of Obasanjo and Ngozi Iweala paid off all debts with very low prices of oil barrel. These Aboki combo of Buhari and his fellow Aboki woman have driven the country into a real financial quagmire despite soaring oil prices all over the world

Nigeria lost the way when President YarAdua pbuh increased salaries of public servants about 2007. That increased recurrent spending and left little for capital investments.

1 Like

Re: FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases by backnbeta(f): 1:59pm On Mar 11, 2022
heniford2:
I told my friend here in finland that the scarcity of fuel in Nigeria is a useless game the federal government used in removing the subsidy know the have done so guys welcome to official pump price of fuel,400,kero,600,desal,900,gas,1200 angry cheesy what am asking, is it upon the 30k minimum wage undecided guys!!! APC has useless this country patpat!! Sky rocket of things know will be super dupe because i can't transport a goods of lets say 200k and not add it up in sales to make profit, what will APC use to campaign is it the 2nd niger bridge or the useless train what!!!! Brethen winter of hunger and poverty is coming!!
Sadly, some dumb suffer heads are still rooting for this government! These are people who can't afford to feed 3times daily without begging!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shettima: Tinubu Govt Will Replicate Lagos, Borno Wonders In Nigeria / Soyinka Questions FG: Why Ban Ipob, And Leave Miyetti Allah? / Rivers Government Officially Recognises Martin Amaehwule As Assembly Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.