Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Will I Be Going To Jail Before Easter? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Will I Be Going To Jail Before Easter? (794 Views)

Nigerian Man Sentenced To Jail For Romance Scam And Cheating. Photo / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Jail In U.K For Possession Of Drugs And Guns. Photos / Nigerian 'Yahoo' Boy Sentenced To Jail In UK Over Credit Card Fraud. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will I Be Going To Jail Before Easter? by YourBestWriter: 9:33am On Mar 11, 2022
I took a loan from loan apps to at least survive this hard times since I lost my job and currently unemployed.

The loan was a soft loan from 7 loan apps accumulating to 50,000 naira.

Today, I received a call from the loan apps threatening to throw me to jail if I didn't pay back the loan within 7 days.

Please how possible is this? Will the loan apps throw an unemployed person like me to jail for not paying back a loan?

Is it a good idea if I beg for mercy of at least another three months to go into hard labour?

Is there a hard labour job I can do to get at least 20k within 7 days? Please I need your helps.
Re: Will I Be Going To Jail Before Easter? by thesolutions(m): 9:39am On Mar 11, 2022
no
Re: Will I Be Going To Jail Before Easter? by advanceDNA: 9:41am On Mar 11, 2022
Why you seff no pay??
But anyways, Relax...Don’t let their threat trouble you or go into depression becos you owe them...They can’t do anything...except to send messages to your contacts...
Go get a job, pay back in bits. Avoid online loan sharks..their interests too much..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will I Be Going To Jail Before Easter? by imran90(m): 9:43am On Mar 11, 2022
Put your mind at rest bro. You’re not going to jail and nothing is going to happen to you, it’s just a treat, they will loss more if they try such thing. But why you go obtain a loan when you have no intention of paying back? Oga you get mind o grin

4 Likes

Re: Will I Be Going To Jail Before Easter? by Oceanjagaban: 9:56am On Mar 11, 2022
Na wa for you o,you collect 50k loan I no see one naira sef...
Re: Will I Be Going To Jail Before Easter? by Boogyman557: 9:57am On Mar 11, 2022
Holly Gram cool

Na DIS KIND useless MANCHIS de make me BLAST PESIN left leg wit my old KALA 4 FREE...

U no get JOB and u go COLLECT loan..

ABI u tink sey Na ROBOT de OPERATE d loan apps..

ABI u no REASON sey Dem get STAFF wey de RUN AM and Dem de PAY Dem too..

I SUPPOSE BLAST ur left leg wit my old KALA but since u No GET JOB yet.. make I No add to ur worries...

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Re: Will I Be Going To Jail Before Easter? by buttlover(m): 10:05am On Mar 11, 2022
they will do nothing, but try to pay when money enters your hand

1 Like

Re: Will I Be Going To Jail Before Easter? by Ciscogod(m): 10:52am On Mar 11, 2022
Bros. Dont hide under the umbrella of there is no Jobs

There are Jobs out there.. Is either you are underqualified for the job or overqualified .

But you can find something to do
Re: Will I Be Going To Jail Before Easter? by Disclaimer12: 10:56am On Mar 11, 2022
Seriously, a lot has changed since I left Nigeria 9 years ago! I read weird stuffs on Nairaland daily, I'm forever grateful I can keep up with happenings via this platform! One of the strangest thing I often read about is this Loan app stuffs, how does it work? Do they give loan without collateral? How do you take loan without a repayment plans or source of income? , Why will they send messages to your contacts? Do you use them as guarantors? Honestly I always feel lost and baffled whenever I read stories like this! Are there no procedures in securing loans again in Nigeria? Honestly some wicked people are capitalising on the economic situation and turning their fellow blacks to slaves ! Bro, why u sef dey take loan when you don't have repayment plan? Why naija thing sef dey always seems odd! Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Will I Be Going To Jail Before Easter? by advanceDNA: 11:17am On Mar 11, 2022
Ciscogod:

There are Jobs out there.. Is either you are underqualified for the job or overqualified .

Don’t do that...
Every case isn’t black and white..

Yes I agree some people borrow money because they are lazy or don’t plan their finances and lives well...but unforeseen situation sometimes cause some people to opt for borrowing...

1 Like

Re: Will I Be Going To Jail Before Easter? by Ciscogod(m): 11:18am On Mar 11, 2022
advanceDNA:

Don’t do that...
Every case isn’t black and white..

Yes I agree some people borrow money because they are lazy or don’t plan their finances and lives well...but unforeseen situation sometimes cause some people to opt for borrowing...

My issues isn’t the borrowing . I still Dey owe my sister huge money sef. My issue is the no job stuff and the reason he keep borrowing .

Bros . There’s always something to do. It may not be the job you really wanted. But there’s something to do . Believe me
Re: Will I Be Going To Jail Before Easter? by advanceDNA: 11:25am On Mar 11, 2022
Ciscogod:

My issues isn’t the borrowing . I still Dey owe my sister huge money sef. My issue is the no job stuff and the reason he keep borrowing .

Bros . There’s always something to do. It may not be the job you really wanted. But there’s something to do . Believe me

Yes..I agree with you...
.but when it’s not enough.. people borrow
The Nigeria we use to know before 2019, 50k per month is enough to fend for you and your family if you manage well...that was when we bought rice for 8k per bag, pure water was 60naira naira per bag, petrol was 110/liter..

Now half bag of rice is 16k, our water is 250, one big frozen Titus fish that used to be 250 is now 800

.if you don’t earn up to 100k now and you have kids, you may have to borrow to survive...
It’s the sad reality...now imagine how people earning 30k, 20k, and 15k survive..
Re: Will I Be Going To Jail Before Easter? by Ciscogod(m): 11:34am On Mar 11, 2022
advanceDNA:

Yes..I agree with you...
.but when it’s not enough.. people borrow
The Nigeria we use to know before 2019, 50k per month is enough to fend for you and your family if you manage well...that was when we bought rice for 8k per bag, pure water was 60naira naira per bag, petrol was 110/liter..

Now half bag of rice is 16k, our water is 250, one big frozen Titus fish that used to be 250 is now 800

.if you don’t earn up to 100k now and you have kids, you may have to borrow to survive...
It’s the sad reality...now imagine how people earning 30k, 20k, and 15k survive..

Now I get . May God help us all

1 Like

Re: Will I Be Going To Jail Before Easter? by ebuka440: 2:12pm On Mar 11, 2022
Don't fear loan sharks. Who them epp self.

Don't go and commit suicide. You can pay them anytime that you get it

2 Likes

Re: Will I Be Going To Jail Before Easter? by UEDIBO: 2:21pm On Mar 11, 2022
Ciscogod:

Bro. Help me secure one job na.
Re: Will I Be Going To Jail Before Easter? by soundOsonic: 3:57pm On Mar 11, 2022
YourBestWriter:
I took a loan from loan apps to at least survive this hard times since I lost my job and currently unemployed.

The loan was a soft loan from 7 loan apps accumulating to 50,000 naira.

Today, I received a call from the loan apps threatening to throw me to jail if I didn't pay back the loan within 7 days.

Please how possible is this? Will the loan apps throw an unemployed person like me to jail for not paying back a loan?

Is it a good idea if I beg for mercy of at least another three months to go into hard labour?

Is there a hard labour job I can do to get at least 20k within 7 days? Please I need your helps.
It's not legal to throw somebody in jail for not being able to pay back a loan. If truly you are incapable the highest they can do is sue. The highest they can say in court is that they should give you more time to pay.
There is nothing anybody can do to you legally unless you have a property of higher value than your loan.
And yes less I forget, in extreme case which you might not like is the continuous embarrassment. The embarrassment can cause you stress, PTSD, and even heart attack. But if you are dead inside you are good to go.
But pay your loans

(1) (Reply)

They Squandered $15,000 On Women. / Some Passengers Are Informants, They Did This During The Train Attack / I Lost All My Lifetime Savings To A Scammer(which I Post The Details This Mornin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.