Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG (18441 Views)

Tomato Scarcity Looms As FG Approves Importation For Nine Companies / My Two Plots Of Maize Farm (planted 16/02!2018) / Nigeria To Export Of 480 Tonnes Of Yams Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by Acidosis(m): 12:49pm On Mar 11, 2022
Brendaniel:
They won't solve the real problems, it is to be using fire brigade approach when the house is already on fire...

Go and buy hectares of land, cultivate and plant maize. That's the real solution to our real problems.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by fashrola(m): 12:54pm On Mar 11, 2022
So we have excess of Maize to the point of exporting and common Akamu is now NGN 100?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by pat077: 1:24pm On Mar 11, 2022
Do we even have enough maize in the country not to even talk of export. I support a total ban on export of maize from the country, we need to meet the local demand b4 we start talking of export.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by Brendaniel: 1:39pm On Mar 11, 2022
Acidosis:

Go and buy hectares of land, cultivate and plant maize. That's the real solution to our real problems.

and who told you I have not done that, I am a farmer if you want to know, you people just come here to support rubbish from the government...
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by bergs2: 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2022
Dangote is a fool.
Does Nigeria export any maize?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by silibaba: 2:07pm On Mar 11, 2022
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by Kokaine(m): 2:14pm On Mar 11, 2022
NothingDoMe:
What nonesense. He just wants to control the markets as usual.

There are other countries that can supply the world with the resources he mentioned but have not been able to because of monoplization of which Dangote is also an expert in.

Let's observe other countries rise up to meet the demands. Nonesense I say again.
did you read at all or you just want to talk.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by Nicepoker(m): 2:30pm On Mar 11, 2022
chukwuoke:
Come these people stop manoeuvring our intelligence. Maize in this country is not in suplouse. So why should federal government ban it. Na who e go help!
Baned from exportation.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 11, 2022
He's got valid points despite the dark undertone
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 2:46pm On Mar 11, 2022
the aboki weak me

Ebubu:
Dangote regulatory agency

Na Dangote dey control our economy like dis

Controls construction industry with use of cement

Very soon controls the entire Nigeria using fuel

Controlling the food industry using sugar and maize
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by tctrills: 2:50pm On Mar 11, 2022
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by Badonasty(m): 3:04pm On Mar 11, 2022
We have a trade agreement with Morocco who are one of the major producers of fertilizer…so why the panic
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by Psalmistproject: 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2022
Oga are you sure you are not saying this so that the lack of exports will avail you with enough raw materials to run your business and then sell outside Nigeria to earn it all to yourself?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 11, 2022
Na wa so President Buhari's maize pyramid might be smuggled to another country . The way I see it, we need to be proactive and maximize the opportunities', I think Morocco produce Potash and Urea shouldn't be difficult since it is produce from Nitrogen in the Air. I think what Alhaji is saying is that, the demand for fertilizer might go up, which means the local markets might not be able to compete favorably. Even if the company decides to allocate certain tonnages to the local markets, the end products might also find favorable markets abroad hereby defeating the initial allocation. The way I see it, since we can't increase our export of crude oil beyond 1.6 million bpd then we should focus and stimulate other area's of the economy that we have comparative advantage like agriculture. Not that we want the war, I personally I am pissed but we must face realities.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by CSTRR: 8:06pm On Mar 11, 2022
BTW, I thought dangote is now producing fertilizer as a by product of the refinery.

What is his business with foreign fertilizer?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by alfarouq(m): 8:57pm On Mar 11, 2022
htdot:
8see make Buhari no go buy western problem to Nigerian o... nothing concern us with Ukraine o...
5he way this western country dey carry fear China.... The UK premier league has stop showing solidarity to Ukraine because the Chinese govt threaten to ban premier league TV in China if dey keep showing support to Ukraine...

Wow, could this be true. I never China is this influencial in the UK
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by 2016easy2017: 1:08am On Mar 12, 2022
Talking like he knows anything called business. They just pack Nigerian money give am to be the richest Nigerian
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by calcal: 2:10am On Mar 12, 2022
There is a sense in what this man is saying.

America will not give us food, the dollar will be worthless when there is not enough food in circulation.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by LordKushmann(m): 6:38am On Mar 12, 2022
orohbiro:
This one na to come out say he wan buy Arsenal every 2 yrs as if he feel cough out common 30 million to sign player those of j saying this man is wealtheir than Roman abrahamovic I laugh, Do u kW what it mean to sustain a club make Dangote buy arsenal make come dey buy player from him personal pocket weda baba no go sell the club back after a season worst still make the club no come do well the value go diminished drastically how much Henry take buy Liverpool for a patry 300 million is that not a massive loss for the past owners who Bought it for 700million? Dangote no feel buy Norwich self that is vaule 80 million
Hard truths. They think it's about corruption money. Wey dem never fit upgrade Nigeria premier league to ordinary 100 million.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by Mrpojj(m): 8:59am On Mar 12, 2022
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG by GeneralDae: 11:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
2016easy2017:
Talking like he knows anything called business. They just pack Nigerian money give am to be the richest Nigerian
Do you know business better than him?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs / What Are The Requirements For Cold Room Business / How To Get Cheap Farmland For Lease And Buying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.