Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,422 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin (1025 Views)

On Linkedin What Does United State (remote) Mean / Other Than Linkedin, Please How Do You Get Tech Jobs / Linkedin Restricted My Account. Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by Franzee(m): 9:25am On Mar 12, 2022
How some companies list requirements for a developer job like they are hiring a machine....
How can one person learn Python, Django, PHP, SQL, NoSQL, HTML CSS AND BOOTSTRAP, LARAVEL, REACT, JAVASCRIPT AND TYPESCRIPT, NODE JS, React native or Flutter ...

And you check the salary range and it's ₦250,000 which is poor for someone with these key numerous skills...

it takes time and practice to be good in something... imagine learning all aforementioned language and someone pay you ₦250,000 it very poor

I won't talk about interns, how do your post your company is looking for an intern that is already good in programming...

it shows you want to use the person because there is cheap labour in Nigeria...

if you wanted an intern... an intern should be a learner and you should be ready to nurture an intern on how to write clean code...

that's why it's added to their years of experience..

How can't you experience nothing and you are dropping on your profile you experienced something...

all you experience was years of slavery

Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by Franzee(m): 9:26am On Mar 12, 2022
Another one looking for who to use

Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:29am On Mar 12, 2022
Stop applying to jobs in Nigeria. Apply to jobs abroad. Learn dsa to pass the interviews. Nigerian companies can go Bleep themselves.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by LikeAking: 3:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
Dem no serious.
Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by airsaylongcome: 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Stop applying to jobs in Nigeria. Apply to jobs abroad. Learn dsa to pass the interviews. Nigerian companies can go Bleep themselves.

IPNX reached out to me for a role which I'm currently working remote. Told the head-hunter to cut to the chase and mention the salary. They said ₦350k for 7 years of experience. I laughed and hung up

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by BlaqFaze: 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2022
There's nothing there ..the first one was asking for a dev good in Flutter or React Native...

The second one was asking for a backend node.js dev...

So what's all the fuss about undecided

3 Likes

Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by Rictech: 5:13pm On Mar 12, 2022
airsaylongcome:

IPNX reached out to me for a role which I'm currently working remote. Told the head-hunter to cut to the chase and mention the salary. They said ₦350k for 7 years of experience. I laughed and hung up
When you know your worth.
Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:22pm On Mar 12, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I haven't applied to a job in Nigeria since 2020. Mentally and spiritually I am outside Nigeria it's just remaining to manifest myself physically and once that happens man o man, I am never coming back to this shithole of a shithole.

3 Likes

Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by LikeAking: 5:29pm On Mar 12, 2022
airsaylongcome:

IPNX job no go involve too much coding.

Nigerian comps too dey worry.
Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by Franzee(m): 5:32pm On Mar 12, 2022
thanks God fellow developers are speaking up...

A Lebanese man told me he like Nigeria as Labour is cheap... if you don't want I would get another person to do it cheaper than you....

I weak some build websites for as less as 50k...if it's WordPress it's OK... but once it involves writing code.... slavery
Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by LikeAking: 5:33pm On Mar 12, 2022
BlaqFaze:
There's nothing there ..the first one was asking for a dev good in Flutter or React Native...

Guy, most of these comp dont need all those qualifications.

They should just focus on the skill dey need instead of writing plenty.

One man cant know all those langs. Any body wey claim to know plenty langs, frame works,etc is a fraud.

Make dem narrow dia requirements. Be precise.

2 Likes

Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by BlaqFaze: 5:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
So knowledge of Git, rest API, Ide is now crazy requirements
Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by Franzee(m): 5:46pm On Mar 12, 2022
LikeAking:

Guy, most of these comp dont need all those qualifications.

They should just focus on the skill dey need instead of writing plenty.

One man cant know all those langs. Any body wey claim to know plenty langs, frame works,etc is a fraud.

Make dem narrow dia requirements. Be precise.

You grab the gist.... the advertiser or HR can't even pin point what they want.... they just want everything
Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by airsaylongcome: 6:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
LikeAking:

IPNX job no go involve too much coding.

Nigerian comps too dey worry.

IT Work pass coding o. Many roles available outside dev
Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by airsaylongcome: 6:07pm On Mar 12, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I haven't applied to a job in Nigeria since 2020. Mentally and spiritually I am outside Nigeria it's just remaining to manifest myself physically and once that happens man o man, I am never coming back to this shithole of a shithole.

I will dare to say socially, emotionally and half physically aef
Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I will dare to say socially, emotionally and half physically aef

I swear to God. Aside a few nairaland programmers. Most of my other colleagues are white. My boss is white. Na just the physical manifestation remain.
Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by TheManOfTheYear: 10:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
BlaqFaze:

E be like you get Apollo for eye.
So a backend Node.js Dev should know Laravel,PHP and Flutter abi.
Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by TheManOfTheYear: 10:32pm On Mar 13, 2022
Even me that is a Junior would certainly not work for any useless Naija company.
They are always not remote-friendly, plus the usual slavery work with low perks, and poor potential for growth.
Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by BlaqFaze: 10:55pm On Mar 13, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:
E be like you get Apollo for eye.
So a backend Node.js Dev should know Laravel,PHP and Flutter abi.

I nor get time argue with you, kindly go top of the thread, look at the second pic's Key requirements/skills and tell me where you see Laravel,PHP and flutter. The one that asked for flutter is different
Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by stanliwise(m): 8:28pm On Mar 15, 2022
Franzee:
How some companies list requirements for a developer job like they are hiring a machine....
How can one person learn Python, Django, PHP, SQL, NoSQL, HTML CSS AND BOOTSTRAP, LARAVEL, REACT, JAVASCRIPT AND TYPESCRIPT, NODE JS, React native or Flutter ...

And you check the salary range and it's ₦250,000 which is poor for someone with these key numerous skills...

it takes time and practice to be good in something... imagine learning all aforementioned language and someone pay you ₦250,000 it very poor

I won't talk about interns, how do your post your company is looking for an intern that is already good in programming...

it shows you want to use the person because there is cheap labour in Nigeria...

if you wanted an intern... an intern should be a learner and you should be ready to nurture an intern on how to write clean code...

that's why it's added to their years of experience..

How can't you experience nothing and you are dropping on your profile you experienced something...

all you experience was years of slavery
Most company tries to increase their bidding power although in a way not really good. because if someone is with so much skill then he/she wouldn't be so good in all of them or they would require alot of pay. Anyone who claim to have all that skill for that money is likely a fraud.

As you can guess easily, the company expects this and are aware.

So on your part, simply apply for the job if you have the core skills and forget all those jargon written there. Every job offering starts with the letter of applications and then the interview section and finally the offer letter.

So during the interview you have all it takes to discuss in details what you would be doing and what you can do. infact explictly discuss them if HR refuse to bring them up.

1 Like

Re: Companies Job Requirements Sometimes Are Unbelievable... On Linkedin by thanksjosh005: 8:21pm On Mar 16, 2022
I do agree with your opinion op

(1) (Reply)

Tech Support ( Cyber Security Professionals, Let's Meet Here / Sms With Vb? / Python

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.