Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,758 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! (4229 Views)

How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months / He Saw The Phone But Doesn't Want To Return It / Samsung Makes Its Prettiest Phone, But Does It Look Familiar?? (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by Amigoz(f): 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2007
@ Poster

Glad to hear your phone was returned.  It goes to show not all nigerians are dubious.  There are not few but still many good ppl in naija.

Oga driver and passenger if you are reading, well done!
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by Novena2(f): 12:05pm On Aug 04, 2007
There'r still people in Nigeria. I pick up phone in my office several times and return to the owners without expecting any gitf from them. But i've lost two of my phones in the same office, could u believe that? for real.

One of my friend lost her phone and someone adviced her to consult and native doctor, so when i saw the topic i thought its something similar to Juju.  shocked
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by marlet01(m): 2:47pm On Aug 04, 2007
@ Topic

So Y'all can see Nigerian still has some good eggs @ last.
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by lana1878(m): 4:53pm On Aug 04, 2007
well just yesterday 3/8/07 in my very own office on my very own table my phone was stolen, so it all depends on the type of the phone
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by vizion: 6:07pm On Aug 04, 2007
i left my phone on the table went out came back and it was gone
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by Dios(f): 7:55pm On Aug 04, 2007
you lost your phone then got it back
Whats the big deal?
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by temmyabby(f): 11:06pm On Aug 04, 2007
u're lucky oooo, God loves u, my phone got stolen in a church undecided .
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by PurestBoy(m): 11:29pm On Aug 04, 2007
You lost your phone in this our 9ja and you later got it back! You are very lucky because if I were the one that got the phone. I will use up your credit and take the phone to Sabo for quick sale. At least with that, I will have additional money to shack up by weekend. I pray I find a phone like N95
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by saintchux(m): 10:43am On Aug 05, 2007
I have lost mine 3 times and it was returned twice. the third one gone for good. And those returned are not 3310, but the one not returned is 3310.

1. Samsung - 54k - glo sim - forgotten in a cab at owerri - recovered
2. Samsung - 25k - glo sim- forgotten in a cab at Lagos - recovered
3. nokia 3310 - 8k - MTN sim - forgotten in a cab in Lagos - not recovered.

The fact remains that if you phone falls into a wrong hand whether 3310 or n80, you will not recover it, but if it falls a good hand whether 3310 or even motorola talk about, you will recover it. It has nothing to do with the brand of phone or even the cost, but the person that picked it.
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by saintchux(m): 10:45am On Aug 05, 2007
PurestBoy:

You lost your phone in this our Nigeria and you later got it back! You are very lucky because if I were the one that got the phone. I will use up your credit and take the phone to Sabo for quick sale. At least with that, I will have additional money to shack up by weekend. I pray I find a phone like N95

noted shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by champredd(m): 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2007
Who say there are still good people in Nigeria? It's like saying there are few good people.

I say there are many good people in Nigeria, majority of Nigerian people are good.
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by simplyme3(f): 3:31pm On Aug 05, 2007
depends - maybe it is a rapatitious, broken, battered - nin compoop looking phone - and to say - rageddy raggedy phones - may be.
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by saintchux(m): 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2007
simply_me:

depends - maybe it is a rapatitious, broken, battered - nin compoop looking phone - and to say - rageddy raggedy phones - may be.

we don't use that type in Nigeria.
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by lovemajek(f): 4:46pm On Aug 05, 2007
20% of Naija pple were still honest till 2020, the remaining 80% are trying to frustrate them to join them or die in poverty.
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by Oluchia(f): 7:31am On Aug 06, 2007
@akins4
Didn't you read d message by Texazpee before running your mouth on Oprah winfrey. Have you verified your story before abusing her? It's people like u that damage the image of Nigeria and start crying later when it's pointed out to them, or do you think it is only Nigerians that view Nairaland. We should be very care of the languages we use on people.
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by champredd(m): 8:27am On Aug 06, 2007
lovemajek:

20% of Naija people were still honest till 2020, the remaining 80% are trying to frustrate them to join them or die in poverty.
More than 50% are honest.
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by cgift(m): 11:10am On Aug 06, 2007
if your phne costing say N50K is stolen and somone demands a ransom of like N20K before you get it, will you bulge or just call their bluff?
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by femib26(m): 12:23pm On Aug 06, 2007
There are lots of good Nigerians of course.i once lost my phone in side a bus and i got it back.[color=#990000][/color] grin cool
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by Slycks(m): 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2007
@ Poster

Frankly there are good people in nigeria. -But what kind of phone are we talking about here ? Product,Model,Price etc

I thought thats the question we should all ask the poster. Tho there are good ones in our country
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by sagacious(f): 3:56pm On Aug 06, 2007
Anyway! it's not so expensive, it was just 18K when i bought it and not up to 3months, but i bought this phone with the money i sweat for, so you can imagine. Imagine! the passengers picked it and give to the driver, if not that she is God fearing, she would have gone with it and only God can question her for that. You know the impression it gives when we talk about Ibadan commercial cab drivers especially Iwo road driver, well Thank God we still have good people among them , and for we NAIRALANDERS please let be good in whatever we are doing and God fearing.Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by Babytttt(f): 12:34pm On Aug 07, 2007
smiley Gos is really on your side wink
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by nabibi1: 5:14pm On Aug 07, 2007
HMM, glad to hear this kind of story, thanks be to God we still have good people like that.
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by nancyekpoh(f): 5:20pm On Aug 07, 2007
Thats a good one, hope such thing will continue. I'm glad to hear that
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by simplyme3(f): 6:16pm On Aug 07, 2007
should be a jagbajantis phone
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by 9ja4eva: 6:17pm On Aug 07, 2007
E fit be correct machine oh
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by seun001(m): 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2007
don't konw ooo!!! but think i get the scenerio.3 to 4 people saw the phone together ,looked each other in the face saw that the other person face hard oooo!!!can't make a deal with this one oooo.them fit kill me with matchet.so  they corroborate,give it to the driver with each telling the driver 'make sure you return it to the owner,i dey pass ere everyday ooo,so i go check if the owner don come collect am.they left!!

driver sees that e b like say those people mean business ooo!!them fit machet me because of jagbajantis phone ooo!!abeg make the owner call make i return the phone jooo!!finito.

na lie ooo!!gues my reconstruction is deficient but imagine the phone was in vibrate or the phone did not ring until everybody left the car am sure the phone would have left with someone.or nobody saw it but the driver with nobody there.ummmm,am wondering.

ok,my phone was missing in a bus,and it was returned by the driver the next day,u can imagine my thankfulness,even ensured the driver got something in return but people were in the bus with him when the phone was discovered but was really grateful he decided to return it.twas a samsung d500 and i had a lot of info in it.fact is i had already given up hope,i did lost it.

its funny how u get warped views on this forum,it was never confimed Oprah said anything about all nigerians and some are still hating,in another thread!!haba,wheres your sense of reasoning.chei!!

simply_me:

am sure we can do better than this kind of phones in naija abi,looking at the words sef,am afaid to imagine,
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by ovadose(f): 7:17am On Aug 13, 2007
there are still good pple everywhere.
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by tipsy289(m): 8:05am On Aug 20, 2007
i will call myself a good person too cos one day,someone came to drop some stuff for my mum in a nylon bag and he left his phone inside.i saw it the next day when it just kept ringin.At first i didnt care then i answered and the guy was somehow relieved.told him he forgot his phone and he came back and picked it up, he didnt even think he could have left it in the nylon bag but it was still there
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by otoidea(m): 10:36am On Aug 20, 2007
left my 6680 in a cab a few weeks bak and the guy brought it to me in lekki and took me bak to maryland, God bless his soul grin
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by luckia(m): 3:19pm On Aug 23, 2007
we still have nigerians like, but thou had to find, you re lucky u know
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by dashkk(m): 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2007
Amen
Re: I Lost My Phone But It Was Returned! by lovemajek(f): 8:38pm On Aug 23, 2007
why amen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Proxifier / Xiaomi have launched in Nigeria Via Online Store Jumia / Injoo Max 2 Specifications And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.