Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

A Dangerous Trend - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Dangerous Trend (406 Views)

Top 10 Most Dangerous Guns In The World / Big And Dangerous Fish Caught In Ikorodu , Lagos State (pictures) / 10 Animals That Don’t Look Dangerous But Are Actually Deadly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Dangerous Trend by Gentlerespect76: 11:23am On Mar 12, 2022
Who else have noticed that Nairaland MODs have taken a side in the war between Russia and Ukraine? It is in my right to comment in support of Russia or even Ukraine if I choose to. Why delete my comments when they are not inappropriate, insulting or abusive. Nawaoo!!!

I will not stop my support for whoever I want to support. I believe as a person that the young should respect the old, the weak, the strong. Simple. And peace reigns within and without.

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Trend by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 12, 2022
This war is not your own.
Get a life
Re: A Dangerous Trend by BRATISLAVA: 3:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
Gentlerespect76:
Who else have noticed that Nairaland MODs have taken a side in the war between Russia and Ukraine? It is in my right to comment in support of Russia or even Ukraine if I choose to. Why delete my comments when they are not inappropriate, insulting or abusive. Nawaoo!!!

I will not stop my support for whoever I want to support. I believe as a person that the young should respect the old, the weak, the strong. Simple. And peace reigns within and without.

Clearly the lines have been drawn.

The forum is obviously pro-Ukraine, resulting in lopsided news and information exchanges among members.

And pro-Ukrainians are terribly insulting believing themselves to be the only source of benevolent yet dictatorial worldly wisdom. They are probably the ones after your posts.

A similar media war emerged when it was about Trump. They would paint him black scathingly and never had anything equitable to balance the vitriol they released through topics.

The forum is under control. He shouldn't displease his bosses.

What you can do is simply observe. And enjoy.
Re: A Dangerous Trend by Gentlerespect76: 3:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

The forum is obviously pro-Ukraine, resulting in lopsided news and information exchanges among members.

And pro-Ukrainians are terribly insulting believing themselves to be the only source of benevolent yet dictatorial worldly wisdom. They are probably the ones after your posts.

A similar media war emerged when it was about Trump. They would paint him black scathingly and never had anything equitable to balance the vitriol they released through topics.

You are right bro.
Re: A Dangerous Trend by Magnoliaa(f): 4:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

So, let me get this right. You believe Nairaland is:

- Pro-Ukraine and therefore anti-Russia?
- Anti-Trump and therefore pro-Biden and the the liberals?
Basically, Nairaland is left-leaning? Nairaland is pro-West and backs American ideals?

(Wait, wait, wait. Are you pro-Trump and also pro-feminism?)

IF you believe these are what Séun and his mods stands for, do you think it makes sense for them to still be anti-women and pro-redpillers and misogynists?

Threads that promote women-hating make it to the front page back to back. BUT threads against the Taliban also make it to the front page. I don't see nobody complaining about him then that he's anti-Taliban except for the backward-thinking lowlifes. There are so many pro-Putin threads and comments I see on the front page. Nobody is being banned o. And their comments aren't getting deleted. This dude must have obviously done something and he's here crying wolf.

When threads by Sio-fra and Sapph-iere and Iya-ebe and Princess-80 makes the front page, do you think Nairaland, Sèun and his mods are being anti-male?

My point is that everyone can find threads that are pro- or anti- what they believe to support their beliefs on here. Even Ubu.nja threads do not make FP, but some feminists' threads make FP. So will you say Nairaland is pro-feminism or anti-women because misogynists are left to crawl around?

Everything is not all that clear-cut. I used to blame Sêun, and the mods too for a lot of things going on here; not that I still don't think there cannot be some changes and stricter enforcement of the rules, but then you know when that happens, there'll still be people complaining? About how he's censoring speech and turning here into a one-man thing.

I believe now Nairaland isn't expressly PRO- ANYBODY, ANYTHING, ANY COUNTRY, etc. It is the users giving it its face and reputation. And then the mods and the owners themselves are entitled to their perspectives, but I don't think the topics that make it to the front page can be stripped down to bias and discrimination and nothing more.

Even righteousness' and jesusjnr threads make FP, and that doesn't mean Séun is pro-Christianity.

If any group of people feel like their perspective isn't being shown enough, I'm sure it's because there aren't much topics they've created to begin with as far as NL is concerned. If there are topics, it'll get to the front page. On any subject or ideologies.

2 Likes

Re: A Dangerous Trend by BRATISLAVA: 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
Magnoliaa:

So, let me get this right. You believe Nairaland is:

- Pro-Ukraine and therefore anti-Russia?
- Anti-Trump and therefore pro-Biden and the the liberals?
Basically, Nairaland is left-leaning? Nairaland is pro-West and backs American ideals?

(Wait, wait, wait. Are you pro-Trump and also pro-feminism?)

IF you believe these are what Séun and his mods stands for, do you think it makes sense for them to still be anti-women and pro-redpillers and misogynists?

Threads that promote women-hating make it to the front page back to back. BUT threads against the Taliban also make it to the front page. I don't see nobody complaining about him then that he's anti-Taliban except for the backward-thinking lowlifes. There are so many pro-Putin threads and comments I see on the front page. Nobody is being banned o. And their comments aren't getting deleted. This dude must have obviously done something and he's here crying wolf.

When threads by Sio-fra and Sapph-iere and Iya-ebe and Princess-80 makes the front page, do you think Nairaland, Sèun and his mods are being anti-male?

My point is that everyone can find threads that are pro- or anti- what they believe to support their beliefs on here. Even Ubu.nja threads do not make FP, but some feminists' threads make FP. So will you say Nairaland is pro-feminism or anti-women because misogynists are left to crawl around?

Everything is not all that clear-cut. I used to blame Sêun, and the mods too for a lot of things going on here; not that I still don't think there cannot be some changes and stricter enforcement of the rules, but then you know when that happens, there'll still be people complaining? About how he's censoring speech and turning here into a one-man thing.

I believe now Nairaland isn't expressly PRO- ANYBODY, ANYTHING, ANY COUNTRY, etc. It is the users giving it its face and reputation. And then the mods and the owners themselves are entitled to their perspectives, but I don't think the topics that make it to the front page can be stripped down to bias and discrimination and nothing more.

Even righteousness' and jesusjnr threads make FP, and that doesn't mean Séun is pro-Christianity.

If any group of people feel like their perspective isn't being shown enough, I'm sure it's because there aren't much topics they've created to begin with as far as NL is concerned. If there are topics, it'll get to the front page. On any subject or ideologies.

What do you believe?

You will agree that topics on conflicts here tend to push only one side of the divide.

Topics that hit FP on the current invasion tend to have only one slant: pro-Ukraine. It's not about a group of people who feel their perspective isn't being shown, because there's only one perspective being shown. They were ready to push propaganda about the mythical bravery and heroism of Ukrainian soldiers on an island and insult anyone who dared think otherwise. It's the battle of Thermopylae every day the sun shines for more of the Ukrainian propaganda.

Similar to the male vs female threads. The Trump vs Biden threads. Christian vs Muslim threads. Mods can delete and prioritize threads, and they are doing so. Always have, always will.

It has less to do with if I support Russia or not. Or if I support Biden or not. Or whatever you or others support. Or if people are feminists (and thus cannot be pro-Trump because that's a leftist TERF crime against humanity nevermind politics). We could all be anything. And, really, there's no box to that. But the OP voiced something which appears to be true.

The observation is that the reportage is grossly lopsided on several Ukraine/Russia matters and it's clear what the agenda being pushed is. Many users know that.
Re: A Dangerous Trend by Magnoliaa(f): 5:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
BRATISLAVA:
What do you believe?

You will agree that topics on conflicts here tend to push only one side of the divide.

Lol. I have stated what I believe, but okay, whatever you say.
Re: A Dangerous Trend by BRATISLAVA: 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2022
[quote author=Magnoliaa post=110976208][/quote]

Fair reports would work better.

Right now Mr Zelenski is mysteriously silent. The mayor of Kiev isn't in combat gear any more. No news on that heroic part.

Whatever happened to Ukraine? Putin must be crying, though. Things must be very tough. We are very intimate with his suffering, yet his "victims" are mysteriously silent.

It is what it is.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Closes Chrisland Schools Indefinitely Due To Sex Tape Of 10-year-old Pupil / Share Your Experience About Living Close To A Cementry. / Breaking: Fulani Group Purchases APC Nomination Form For Jonathan; Read Why.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.