Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video (4391 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: Generators Take Over Nigerian Filling Station / Gunmen Burn DSS, FRSC Offices In Nnewi Over Nigerian Flag / Garba Shehu Reacts To Uproar Over Plan To Give $100 Abacha Loot To Bagudu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by Reflect7: 10:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video

Confusion grips African authorities as their citizens demand NOTHING BUT Nigerian music in their nightclubs, radio, TV, parties, and concerts!

GHANAIAN QUOTE: ''These Nigerians. It is not just about their music. Their movies are trending. Their culture is trending. The way they talk is trending. The way they walk is trending. The way they dress is trending. What can we do to tackle this situation?''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-sbgzCnHI4&ab_channel=SammyFlexTV

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by Amotolongbo(f): 10:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
I can still remember when American musical jamz were what dominated our air and shows back till the early 2000s when Olusegun Obasanjo came up with that reformation that transformed our music industry

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by Reflect7: 10:48pm On Mar 12, 2022
Amotolongbo:
I can still remember when American musical jamz were what dominates our air and shows back till the early 2000s when Olusegun Obasanjo came up with that reformation that transform our music industry

...the great era of R&B dominance before the afrobeat revolution....we enjoyed it though. cool

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by Bonessaw(m): 10:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
We should be careful with how we celebrate these praises? I don talk my own.

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by Ajibade123(m): 10:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
Amotolongbo:
I can still remember when American musical jamz were what dominated our air and shows back till the early 2000s when Olusegun Obasanjo came up with that reformation that transformed our music industry
can you explain the Reformation for gen z like me??

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by sirjustice1575(m): 11:01pm On Mar 12, 2022
Bad belle people oo grin grin grin
We don't give a damn cool cool

My 9ja artistes to the world. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by Treasure17(m): 11:13pm On Mar 12, 2022
Only if they knew. Nigerian artistes put in more effort hence the fame and recognition they are getting now. There was a time when all we were listening to were songs by Jarule, 50 cents, Puff daddy and so on. They should keep ranting, we care less.

12 Likes

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by FreeStuffsNG: 11:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
God bless Nigeria for ever.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by LILTJAY1: 11:38pm On Mar 12, 2022
yorubas did it.. cool cool cool cool
and not other nigerian tribes angry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by Totilopussylick(m): 11:43pm On Mar 12, 2022
LILTJAY1:
why must you decide to be tribalistic bigotry

33 Likes

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by providencia(m): 11:51pm On Mar 12, 2022
Ajibade123:

can you explain the Reformation for gen z like me??

Radio and TV stations were instructed to play more of nigeria songs. Ratio of 80:20 I think.

5 Likes

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by alanto: 11:52pm On Mar 12, 2022
Totilopussylick:
why must you decide to be tribalistic bigotry
LoL. Because him say the truth?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by Reflect7: 1:02am On Mar 13, 2022
providencia:

Radio and TV stations were instructed to play more of nigeria songs. Ratio of 80:20 I think.

interesting... cool

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by ThickSharon123(f): 1:27am On Mar 13, 2022
"Without Igbos hardwork and creativity, Nigerian would never have been known. We Ghannians love Igbos, that's a fact."

Quote from an Ashanti-Igbo babe.

I'll advice my Ghannies to employ the Igbo creatives in our country, they'll surely push us forward.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by JANK23H(m): 1:39am On Mar 13, 2022
providencia:

You are right.The fight was done mainly by the older generation;Onyeka Onwenu,Charlie boy,Mike Okri and co.Today the younger generation are beneficiaries.

If only government can be deliberate in other facets, Nigeria would dominate Africa.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by IGBOSON1: 2:40am On Mar 13, 2022
JANK23H:

You are right.The fight was done mainly by the older generation;Onyeka Onwenu,Charlie boy,Mike Okri and co.Today the younger generation are beneficiaries.

If only government can be deliberate in other facets, Nigeria would dominate Africa.

I reckon the real export that's sustained up to today started with the likes of P-Square, Wande Cole, Iyanya and Tuface in the mid to late noughties.

5 Likes

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by sagitariusbaby(m): 2:50am On Mar 13, 2022
This Ghanaians envy us almost in everything yet they cabt stop our influence. Beside, our music is not only taking over Africa, we have gone global and this is just the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by Badb0y4lyf(m): 3:16am On Mar 13, 2022
Ghanas Rivalry with Nigeria no be today person wey pass you pass you but dey no won gree.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by Stevenson1(m): 4:17am On Mar 13, 2022
Reflect7:
Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video

Confusion grips African authorities as their citizens demand NOTHING BUT Nigerian music in their nightclubs, radio, TV, parties, and concerts!

GHANAIAN QUOTE: ''These Nigerians. It is not just about their music. Their movies are trending. Their culture is trending. The way they talk is trending. The way they walk is trending. The way they dress is trending. What can we do to tackle this situation?''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-sbgzCnHI4&ab_channel=SammyFlexTV

Nigerians shouldn't be bothering themselves with all this stories.
Nigeria is where the market is and our musics are selling whether anyone likes it or not.
You can't hate a music cos the singer is from a country you don't like or recognized.
Music has no enemy.
I listen to amanpiano all the time, I listen to Latino songs all the time too.
Africans just want to argue and fight over everything.
This Nigerian music industry that is the only thing we have going good for us is what this people wants to tear down again??

5 Likes

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by helinues: 5:49am On Mar 13, 2022
No be today

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by Eternitymedia88: 6:17am On Mar 13, 2022
Federal Government's policy through the "NBC code" then helped alot in shaping the Nigerian Music industry's growth during the Obj era.

Our TV and radio stations played mostly foreign songs in the late 90's and early 2000's until they had to adhere to NBC's music broadcast code of playing only four Naija songs out of the five they played. Later, there was outright ban of foreign musicals airing during the day.

Artistes like Tony Tetuila, Plantation Boiz, Paul Play, The Remedies, Style Plus and a host of others gained prominence out of it, till it metamorphosed to what we have today.

Funny enough, Naija music is on a slow but steady downward trend now. It will be very obvious within the next decade.

5 Likes

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by Karemarealty288(m): 6:43am On Mar 13, 2022
Amotolongbo:

Let's not forget Kenny keke Ogungbe and Dayo D1...they revolutionalised Nigerian music industry. All thanks to them. These gentlemen are the pathfinders of new Nigerian music global acceptance. They made it happen.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by ebufa: 6:53am On Mar 13, 2022
Amotolongbo:

OBJ is an unsung president in Nigeria! arguably the best of the miserable lot that has misruled the zoo!

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by batsynergy: 7:24am On Mar 13, 2022
grin what do you think we're African giants for?
Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by TeeGentle(m): 7:34am On Mar 13, 2022
Nigeria is the pride of Africa

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by Help2020: 7:40am On Mar 13, 2022
LILTJAY1:
Bro you can do better without been tribalistic.
Pls let's kill tribalism

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 13, 2022
Stevenson1:

Nigerians shouldn't be bothering themselves with all this stories.
Nigeria is where the market is and our musics are selling whether anyone likes it or not.
You can't hate a music cos the singer is from a country you don't like or recognized.
Music has no enemy.
I listen to amanpiano all the time, I listen to Latino songs all the time too.
Africans just want to argue and fight over everything.
This Nigerian music industry that is the only thing we have going good for us is what this people wants to tear down again??
Other african artistes are dying in poverty cos most people don't buy their music

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by Reflect7: 8:58am On Mar 13, 2022
TeeGentle:
Nigeria is the pride of Africa

Yep.
Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by iyapont: 9:06am On Mar 13, 2022
IGBOSON1:

I reckon the real export that's sustained up to today started with the likes of P-Square, Wande Cole, Iyanya and Tuface in the mid to late noughties.
iyanya in 90s? grin
Re: Ghanaians, Kenyans In Uproar Over Nigerian Music Dominance - Video by Elderniercri(m): 9:15am On Mar 13, 2022
Eternitymedia88:
Federal Government's policy through the "NBC code" then helped alot in shaping the Nigerian Music industry's growth during the Obj era.

Our TV and radio stations played mostly foreign songs in the late 90's and early 2000's until they had to adhere to NBC's music broadcast code of playing only four Naija songs out of the five they played. Later, there was outright ban of foreign musicals airing during the day.

Artistes like Tony Tetuila, Plantation Boiz, Paul Play, The Remedies, Style Plus and a host of others gained prominence out of it, till it metamorphosed to what we have today.

Funny enough, Naija music is on a slow but steady downward trend now. It will be very obvious within the next decade.

@bolded
It will be quite hard for any country to pull this off now.
Those were the days people only get to listen to music via those channels and maybe buy CDs

The internet has made everything closer so if Ghana was to put up such mandate now, it would be very difficult to enforce and definitely more costlier

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Peter Obi Will Be Atiku's Running Mate, PDP Spokesperson / Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States / Physically Challenged Man Contests For Iyabo Obasanjo's Seat !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.