Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States (4468 Views)

World Bank Predicts Sharp Fall In Nigeria’s GDP / Nigeria Projected Among Top 20 Economies In The World By 2050 - BBC / List Of States That Can Survive Without Federal Allocation By BudgIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Workch: 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2023
The newest data shows that Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Imo state and Delta states are the biggest economies in Nigeria by GDP.

Followed by Anambra, Ondo and ogun state.

The reason why Imo and anambra state are having drastic growth in GDP compared to other states is because of the growing natural Gas exploitation that is going on in these states. Especially, Imo state.

In another 20 Years, we expect that Imo state will become 2nd position with the huge investment that is being made in natural gas in the state.

https://yourbudgit.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/2022-State-of-states_Official.pdf

6 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by kettykings: 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2023
See a new corridor is forming in the eastern delta flank, Delta -Anambra- Imo . I am hoping Abia and Edo will somehow join this new economic corridor.

Truth is that there seems to a continuous flow of services , money , transactions.

So even with the sit at home 2 eastern blocks met the first 10 states.

I doff my heart for igbos

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Jeffrey22(m): 6:20pm On Jul 06, 2023
See where all northern states go hide and then still de drag Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:21pm On Jul 06, 2023
If this data is correct then immidiate Enugu state past governor has got a lot of queries to answer. But on a more serious not, I don't believe that Enugu position.

Problem with Nigeria statistical data is that they are conjured in beer parlours
Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Workch: 6:22pm On Jul 06, 2023
kettykings:
See a new corridor is forming in the eastern delta flank, Delta -Anambra- Imo . I am hoping Abia and Edo will somehow join this new economic corridor.

Truth is that there seems to a continuous flow of services , money , transactions.

It's not really an Igbo thing. It's the investments that is being made by oil and gas companies that is driving the GDP.
Gas is the future, just like we left coal for oil, we will soon leave oil for gas.
The Imo and anambra axis has a lot of gas deposit. Expect the econ3 of especially Imo state to skyrocket soon. I am only scared if the government of Imo state will be ready to maximize this coming opportunity

7 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2023
The only economy my state Imo has is hotels. The new emerging ones are the ANOH Gas plant project. I'm Surprised we are among top 5

5 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Workch: 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
If this data is correct then immidiate Enugu state past governor has got a lot of queries to answer. But on a more serious not, I don't believe that Enugu position.

Problem with Nigeria statistical data is that they are conjured in beer parlours
Well, what's really in Enugu that will drive the GDP of Enugu?
Enugu is not really as industrialized as Abia, Imo and Anambra.

GDP is a factor of what you produce, what has Enugu state been producing in the past 9 years?

It's not like Enugu does agriculture again like before.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Workch: 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
The only economy my state Imo has is hotels. The new emerging ones are the ANOH Gas plant project. I'm Surprised we are among top 5
ANOH is why you are there.
It's a huge economy that is emerging

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by mrvitalis(m): 6:26pm On Jul 06, 2023
IMO have not had a "governor" since 1999 yet we dey 4th

When we finally have a governor for 8 years trust me we would be half of Lagos

9 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:28pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:
ANOH is why you are there.
It's a huge economy that is emerging

I'm happy, no to go find contract there
Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by kettykings: 6:28pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:
It's not really an Igbo thing. It's a the investment that is being made by oil and gas companies that is driving the GDP.
Gas is the future, just like we left coal for oil, we will soon leave oil for gas.
The Imo and anambra axis has a lot of gas deposit. Expect the econ3 of especially Imo state to skyrocket soon. I am only scared if the government of Imo state will be ready to maximize this coming opportunity

You are right about the oil and gas growth but see some new insight from Google map and see how a sprawling swathes of city spread is emerging gradually

10 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by mrvitalis(m): 6:28pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:
It's not really an Igbo thing. It's the investments that is being made by oil and gas companies that is driving the GDP.
Delta, IMO, Anambra Abia and rivers are the gas base in Nigeria this four state holds 90% of Nigerian inland gas reserve

4 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by mrvitalis(m): 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2023
kettykings:

You are right about the oil and gas growth but see some new insight from Google map and see how a sprawling swathes of city spread is emerging gradually
Bros the development in East in the last 10 years is crazy owerri has more than doubled, Onitsha area is only second to Lagos in terms of builf up area

14 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Workch: 6:31pm On Jul 06, 2023
kettykings:

Well I don't know how that relates to this topic
Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Workch: 6:32pm On Jul 06, 2023
mrvitalis:

Delta, IMO, Anambra Abia and rivers are the gas base in Nigeria this four state holds 90% of Nigerian inland gas reserve
Bayelsa also, it has huge gas deposit

4 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by mrvitalis(m): 6:34pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:
Bayelsa also, it has huge gas deposit
Bayelsa like akwa ibom is mostly offshore
Rivers has offshore too... Rivers gas is mostly in etche, omuma obigbo, and ndoni areas

9 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Workch: 6:34pm On Jul 06, 2023
mrvitalis:

Bros the development in East in the last 10 years is crazy owerri has more than doubled, Onitsha area is only second to Lagos in terms of builf up area
I dont think onitsha is second to Lagos in that.

I think Port harcourt, Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna are more built up than onitsha. Trust me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by kettykings: 6:37pm On Jul 06, 2023
mrvitalis:

The insights are becoming clearer everyday, I just hope the axis of Delta, Anambra, rivers and imo, Abia ( Radia states) will come together and be the leapfrog to the gas capital of the new emerging gas econom.

8 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by muykem: 6:38pm On Jul 06, 2023
Hope Uzodinma is doing a great work in Imo state. Placing Ekiti above Osun is like saying son is older than father.

1 Like

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:39pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:

GDP is a factor of what you produce, what has Enugu state been producing in the past 9 years?
You may be right anyway. I know there aren't many companies in Enugu. But Enugu makes lots of income in estates and tourist relaxations (hotels etc)

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Nwamazi8: 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2023
See where Ogun state is despite its proximity to Lagos. I've always said that na Lagos dey give yorubas mouth to talk, take out the cosmopolitan dynamic of Lagos...the SW is absolutely overhyped. It helps that they control the media so they use propaganda to easily hide their shitt

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Svoboda(m): 6:42pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:

Enugu has the highest concentration of heavy and mid heavy industries outside nnewi in the south east.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Opanka44(m): 6:44pm On Jul 06, 2023
I look forward to a Better and Robust Economy in the whole of Nigeria my kwantri

3 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by horsepower102: 6:44pm On Jul 06, 2023
kettykings:

People don’t understand that a lot of businesses are transitioning to online sales and delivery services in the east.

5 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by mrvitalis(m): 6:47pm On Jul 06, 2023
kettykings:

The insights are becoming clearer everyday, I just hope the axis of Delta, Anambra, rivers and imo, Abia ( Radia states) will come together and be the leapfrog to the gas capital of the new emerging gas econom.
We are already similar people, similar culture similar value system

I think the old Eastern Region and mid West economics plans should be expanded

Let each state develop to complement each other

Ebonyi, cross River, Edo can be massive agricultural hub... Since we don't have much land we need to focus on improved species to improve yeild of any thing

Rice, cassava yam, maize, sweet potato fruits like pineapple, pawpaw, mango, citrus etc are low hanging things we can achieve

Aba, warri, port Harcourt nnewi focus on industrial production, make it easier for our people to set up factory where within this region

Hospitality can go to owerri, asaba Enugu calabar uyo...

Spread it

Warri, oron, eket brass can become fishing and maritime giants

So it can happen

7 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by horsepower102: 6:48pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:

I think Port harcourt, Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna are more built up than onitsha. Trust me

This is McKenzie recent projection on Onitsha. I opened a thread about it. Onitsha by 2040 will be at near parity with Lagos in population and size of build up areas.

9 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Workch: 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

You may be right anyway. I know there aren't many companies in Enugu. But Enugu makes lots of income in estates and tourist relaxations (hotels etc)
How much do you think the income frkm Tourism and Relexation can add to GDP compared to Say a factory like innoson motors in Nnewi or a gas plant in Ohaji, Imo state?

2 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by mrvitalis(m): 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
Workch:

https://www.nairaland.com/5223991/2019-largest-built-up-urban-area

3 Likes

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by Workch: 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2023
horsepower102:

This is McKenzie recent projection on Onitsha. I opened a thread about it. Onitsha by 2040 will be at near parity with Lagos in population and size of build up areas.
I think you are cherrypicking a stat that favors you.
There are tonnes of data online that proves otherwise and even a simple Google satellite analysis will show that Onitsha is not as built up as port harcourt and Kano

1 Like

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by mrvitalis(m): 6:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

The problem with GDP is buildings don't count in calculating GDP... They only count the year they are built thats all

1 Like

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by basilo101: 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2023
kettykings:

The future Tokyo of Africa

1 Like

Re: Biggest Economies In Nigeria, GDP Of States by proeast(m): 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Do you even understand the term GDP I.e. gross domestic product? It means total value of goods and services generated within a state. Enugu has been lagging in terms of Agriculture, Industry, Commerce and even extraction of minerals. These are the major sectors that contribute to GDP. Ebonyi is leveraging on extraction of solid minerals and agriculture that's why it seems to be punching above its weight.

Imo State is leveraging on oil and gas value chain and services. By the time the gas resources are fully developed in Imo, the state will even grow more rapidly. Check the volume of airports traffic in Nigeria and you will see Owerri on the 4th position, breathing down on P.H.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#AllEyesOnTheJudiciary: Another Billboard Sighted With "25% In FCT Is A Must” / Salami's Successor Reshuffles Presidential Election Tribunal / Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.