Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,196 members, 7,860,290 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:00 AM

What Age Group Is Best To Govern Nigeria Today? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Age Group Is Best To Govern Nigeria Today? (212 Views)

Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly / Dayo Isreal: Tinubu Doesn't Sleep Until 4am, He Is Fit To Govern Nigeria / Tambuwal To Buhari: "You Are Too Old To Govern Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Age Group Is Best To Govern Nigeria Today? by Awoleesu(m): 8:31am On Mar 13, 2022
In the light of the popular sentiments against the age of presidential hopefuls for the 2023 election, especially with clamour for "Youths" to take over...

What age bracket would you say is best to handle the reins of government in Nigeria?

For me, I think the best age bracket should be those born between the 1970s to the 80s. My reason is simple:
They are not of the stock of our bitter past (history). The major issues killing good governance today in Nigeria is the sense of entitlement of of our leaders. 'Sense of entitlement in terms of their self-conceived "contributions (as is the case with Tinubu), or of their region of origin (as is with the SE politicians), or of their religion (as is with Buhari, Kwara governor etc).

Most of these people have their bias engrained in what they perceived as 'injustice' being met on them in the past and such see their political ambitions as a struggle to either pacify themselves or satisfy themselves of " correcting " such perceived injustices... Their vengeful mindset is promoted vigorously at the detriment of good governance and an all round development of the nation! - They are products of our bad history!

So, I think thoroughbred Nigerians in their 40s & 50s , who have the leadership qualities, and who are importantly not products of our bitter history should be elected if we must have a development-focused, united and prosperous Nigeria.

Let's hear your own opinion... With reasons please.
Re: What Age Group Is Best To Govern Nigeria Today? by nabiz(m): 8:33am On Mar 13, 2022
40 to 60 for president
35 to 60 for governor and below

1 Like

Re: What Age Group Is Best To Govern Nigeria Today? by mrvitalis(m): 8:44am On Mar 13, 2022
No age group ...just someone who understands the problem ...and someone who thinks he can offer solutions with the available resources

People think Nigeria's problem are bad roads , poor health care system , electricity and rest

... But no those are just the symptoms ...the real problem with Nigeria is lack of social agreement between government and the people

Nigerians need to understand one thing democracy is never effective that's it's biggest disadvantage .
Of a truth for a democratic Republic Nigeria is very very efficient

Nigeria earns less than $20billion for all 3 level of government ...yet we can maintain a police , military and the rest ...plus fairly basic education system ,and ok health care system for 150 million people without collapsing ...it's an absolute miracle trust me ... an absolute miracle

For we to still have a recognized government ..is miraculous

Untill Nigeria can generate $150 billion a year from all level of government ... nothing would change

And trust me it's easy to get $150 billion a year

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Presidential Election 2023 Will Spring A Lot Of Surprises / My Issue Is Not The Slap From Bianca / Political Party Or Credible Candidates for 2023 Presidential race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.