Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? (862 Views)

117th Posthumous Birthday Of Joseph Ayo Babalola Is Today / Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... / Pictures Of Joseph Prince $280 Million Church Building In Singapore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by obembet(f): 8:37am On Mar 13, 2022
I believe that one of the major challenges most people are facing is thier marriage is lack of trust. A marriage that lacks trust is surely headed down the road to divorce. Without trust, spouses will never feel comfortable in the relationship. They may be constantly expecting the worst from their partner. Not only is this an unhappy way to live, but it is also stressful and exhausting.

This make me remember the story of our lord Jesus Christ, when Angel appear to Mary according to the book Luke 1:30-32 The angel said to her, “Don’t be afraid, Mary; God has shown you his grace. 31 Listen! You will become pregnant and give birth to a son .

Now Joseph quickly understand and accept her his wife without any doubt.
So as a Nigerian, be sincere, if you are the one, can you accept Mary as your wife?

Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44
Mukina2
dominique

Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by AntiChristian: 8:51am On Mar 13, 2022
Of cos I can marry her since she uses Hijab unlike the "clothed yet naked" ladies we have around nowadays!
Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by Baitullah: 8:56am On Mar 13, 2022
AntiChristian:
Of cos I can marry her since she uses Hijab unlike the "clothed yet naked" ladies we have around nowadays!
Bros no let them descend on you grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by ayterajah(m): 9:03am On Mar 13, 2022
They are genuine Christan and as for me I will gladly accept cos I know my wife very well

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by GreatAxeMan: 9:21am On Mar 13, 2022
Mary did not wear a Hijab because she was not a mûdslîmé.

Jewish women have their own head covering called the Tichel and Christian women have theirs as well.

We do not teach women that they are immoral or that they will go to hell if they don't tie a piece of cloth around their heads.

[img]https://images./6cZyRxNmyzRWrRBgd6l5UF.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./5zL3Ba6NYNzZ5Fhk4Vokwk.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./527aRdkDoIeZ6aRnS7A7Ae.jpg[/img]

AntiChristian:
Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by TAYO124: 9:36am On Mar 13, 2022
Knock it off, this cannot happen again in this life/world.
Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by obembet(f): 9:41am On Mar 13, 2022
Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44
Mukina2
dominique
Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:12am On Mar 13, 2022
Of course, i would. U want to fight God? But e go take style pain me sha. Somebody come from nowhere come trepass my Virgin land.

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by MindHacker9009(m): 10:36am On Mar 13, 2022
GOD ALMIGHTY will not come down to this world and BANG another man's wife.

Adults beleiving GOD came to BANG Mary should please grow up.

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:51am On Mar 13, 2022
MindHacker9009:

GOD ALMIGHTY will not come down to this world and BANG another man's wife.

Adults beleiving GOD came to BANG Mary should please grow up.

Funny enough you're setting standards for the God who has performed many wonderful things in the past and also promised the Jews that a VIRGIN girl among them will become pregnant! Isaiah 7:14 compare to Matthew 1:23

No faithful Jew will doubt a virtuous girl after carefully considering what the God of the Jews has promised! smiley
Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by MindHacker9009(m): 1:56pm On Mar 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Funny enough you're setting standards for the God who has performed many wonderful things in the past and also promised the Jews that a VIRGIN girl among them will become pregnant! Isaiah 7:14 compare to Matthew 1:23

No faithful Jew will doubt a virtuous girl after carefully considering what the God of the Jews has promised! smiley

The Hebrew word for virgin is “bethulah”

Isaiah 7:14 is a verse in the seventh chapter of the Book of Isaiah in which the prophet Isaiah, addressing king Ahaz of Judah, promises that God will destroy the king's enemies before a child born to an almah (young woman) is weaned

2 Likes

Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:10pm On Mar 13, 2022
MindHacker9009:

The Hebrew word for virgin is “bethulah”

Isaiah 7:14 is a verse in the seventh chapter of the Book of Isaiah in which the prophet Isaiah, addressing king Ahaz of Judah, promises that God will destroy the king's enemies before a child born to an almah (young woman) is weaned

So what's the import of a young woman bearing a child?

Guy, the text translated virgin can also means a girl that has not been having anything to do with a man (young woman)
So it's your interpretation against that of Matthew who is also a Jew that can explain what Isaiah is saying! smiley
Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by MindHacker9009(m): 2:31pm On Mar 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Guy, the text translated virgin can also means a girl that has not been having anything to do with a man (young woman)
So it's your interpretation against that of Matthew who is also a Jew that can explain what Isaiah is saying! smiley

And where did Isaiah say GOD ALMIGHTY will come down and BANG this young woman who already had a husband
Gods BANGING a woman is a Roman pagan belief and not a Jew religious belief.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by sonmvayina(m): 3:03pm On Mar 13, 2022
Any adult that believed a spirit impregnated Mary is just a morooon

3 Likes

Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by sonmvayina(m): 3:05pm On Mar 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

It was an assurance for king Ahaz.

We have been through this before...I even quoted NWT
Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:37pm On Mar 13, 2022
MindHacker9009:

And where did Isaiah say GOD ALMIGHTY will come down and BANG this young woman who already had a husband
Gods BANGING a woman is a Roman pagan belief and not a Jew religious belief.

But you believe God removed a rib from Adam's (man's) body to form Eve (woman) in the same book shey? cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:38pm On Mar 13, 2022
sonmvayina:

It was an assurance for king Ahaz.
We have been through this before...I even quoted NWT

When it's the right time everyone will understand! cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by MindHacker9009(m): 3:42pm On Mar 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

But you believe God removed a rib from Adam's (man's) body to form Eve (woman) in the same book shey? cheesy

No I don't believe that because God or Adam did not write Genesis and it wasn't even Moses as he wasn't born them.

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:45pm On Mar 13, 2022
MindHacker9009:

No I don't believe that because God or Adam did not write Genesis and it wasn't even Moses as he wasn't born them.

Good!
Then stop quote the book you don't accept all that's written in it! wink

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by MindHacker9009(m): 3:48pm On Mar 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Good!
Then stop quote the book you don't accept all that's written in it! wink

I have to quote only what is realistic from the book as some of the stories in the book are for children.

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:53pm On Mar 13, 2022
MindHacker9009:

I have to quote only what is realistic from the book as some of the stories in the book are for children.
Since you don't believe in the whole book then there's no need coming to argue because we believe it completely! wink

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by MindHacker9009(m): 4:06pm On Mar 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Since you don't believe in the whole book then there's no need coming to argue because we believe it completely! wink

The book talks about unbelievers and not just those that believes the whole book. Even some of Jesus the Roman made up character's disciples too did not believe Him, so it is good for us to mention what we don't believe in the book.

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:13pm On Mar 13, 2022
MindHacker9009:

The book talks about unbelievers and not just those that believes the whole book. Even some of Jesus the Roman made up character's disciples too did not believe Him, so it is good for us to mention what we don't believe in the book.
Nobody is disputing the fact that there are those who disbelieve certain things but coming out to argue as if you know better than those who believe in the book is irrational.
Hold onto what you believe and leave others to what they believe since you don't believe everything that's written in the book!

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by MindHacker9009(m): 4:46pm On Mar 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Nobody is disputing the fact that there are those who disbelieve certain things but coming out to argue as if you know better than those who believe in the book is irrational.
Hold onto what you believe and leave others to what they believe since you don't believe everything that's written in the book!

Then my advice is for is you to also hold on to what you believe and keep it to yourself. But if you can share your believes and unbelieves to others then you cannot monopolise your believes on others and so I also can share my believes to others too.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:03pm On Mar 13, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Then my advice is for is you to also hold on to what you believe and keep it to yourself. But if you can share your believes and unbelieves to others then you cannot monopolise your believes on others and so I also can share my believes to others too.

There's a lot of differences here Sir
I believe in the entire book so i can explain everything that's written in the book as real life events but you selected what soothes your likeness or makes sense to you.
Secondly i preach (plead) with my listeners to believe (trust) in all that's written in that book while you are calling them names simply because they're not selective in what's found in the book.
Thirdly i present practical application and benefits they will enjoy now as they apply what they're learning while you are saying they should wait until a Messiah come yet you're here arguing instead of waiting as you said!
Please it's not the same Sir! smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by AntiChristian: 5:21pm On Mar 13, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
Mary did not wear a Hijab because she was not a mûdslîmé.

Jewish women have their own head covering called the Tichel and Christian women have theirs as well.

We do not teach women that they are immoral or that they will go to hell if they don't tie a piece of cloth around their heads.

[img]https://images./6cZyRxNmyzRWrRBgd6l5UF.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./5zL3Ba6NYNzZ5Fhk4Vokwk.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./527aRdkDoIeZ6aRnS7A7Ae.jpg[/img]

Google out a picture of Mary and let us see?
Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by MindHacker9009(m): 5:23pm On Mar 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

There's a lot of differences here Sir
I believe in the entire book so i can explain everything that's written in the book as real life events but you selected what soothes your likeness or makes sense to you.
Secondly i preach (plead) with my listeners to believe (trust) in all that's written in that book while you are calling them names simply because they're not selective in what's found in the book.
Thirdly i present practical application and benefits they will enjoy now as they apply what they're learning while you are saying they should wait until a Messiah come yet you're here arguing instead of waiting as you said!
Please it's not the same Sir! smiley

Oga' preacher make you calm down. You are sharing your own beleives to others and you don't even beleive all that's in the book you preach from. Here is an example: You don't beleive Jesus when He said in:

Matthew 24
40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left.
41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.
42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.

MaxInDHouse:

They will be taken, to where? smiley

Instead of studying the Bible with the true Christians to have the accurate knowledge of God's word you're following misinformed Churchgoers ideology and here you are trying to argue about who is or not a Christian.
This is hilarious! cheesy
Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by sonmvayina(m): 5:31pm On Mar 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

When it's the right time everyone will understand! cheesy

Why are you misleading people and being deceptive?
Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by GreatAxeMan: 5:45pm On Mar 13, 2022
I've already Googled out accurate pictures of what Jewish and Christian women wear. The head dress for Jewish and Christian women is voluntary, wearing it is for worship purposes and to signify social status. It does not have any bearing on morality, because morality reflects the state of a person's conscience. Tying a piece of cloth around your head does not determine if you are a good or bad person.

AntiChristian:

Google out a picture of Mary and let us see?
Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Mar 13, 2022
ayterajah:
They are genuine Christan and as for me I will gladly accept cos I know my wife very well
Joseph and Mary were not Christians. Only Mary lived to become one this after more than 30 years after her marriage. undecided
Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by Kobojunkie: 6:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
AntiChristian:
There is no evidence in the story that Mary ever donned a hijab before her marriage in the story, so don't let the pictures deceive you. undecided
Re: If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? by NairalandMD: 7:52pm On Mar 13, 2022
OP, at first Joseph sef confuse, vex leave Mary o until an angel appear to him, saying his pregnant fiancée is divine,. even at that he still do shakara small o. grin
e noh easy make somebody just come graze on ur virgin land and waka like dat naw, noh how!! e go pain you grin
Baba just lockup as per say e noh wan go rest for whale belle lyk Jonah grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Live Well / Happy Atheist Everyone / Asman That Has The Earth As His Footstool!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.