Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Information For An American Coming To Nigeria To Get Married - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Information For An American Coming To Nigeria To Get Married (6070 Views)

5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK / Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City / Information For Those Visiting Calabar For Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Information For An American Coming To Nigeria To Get Married by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 29, 2007
Hey everyone,

I could really use your help and a point in the right direction. This summer I am planning on coming to Nigeria (Ikeja, Lagos) from the USA (Hawaii) to marry my fiance, who is Nigerian. I found out that a vistor visa is only good for 90 days, but I am planning on staying in Nigeria for up to a year until my fiance's spouse visa for the US. Is there some way I can register or a different type of visa that I could attain that would allow my stay beyond 90 days? I really do not want to get married just to leave him!!!!

Does anyone know what the government's requirements are so that our union will be officially recognized?

Thank you for your input and help it is greatly appreciated by me and my love!!!

1 Like

Re: Information For An American Coming To Nigeria To Get Married by Vicjustice: 11:33am On Nov 29, 2007
Any type of visa is possible provided you have credible reason for it. I advice you to contact the Nigerian embassy in your area, they're in better position to help, and they will be glad to answer your queries.

2 Likes

Re: Information For An American Coming To Nigeria To Get Married by uspry1(f): 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2007
Other ways you could have but check with US Immigrant service as well as Nigeria Embassy:

1.)  after 90 days expired, you could re-apply to extend another 90 days visiting visa. There is special form somewhere about extended stay on foreign country. You can have 6 months visiting visa request.

2.) Apply K1 Fiancee Visa application with other required US form in the US that allow to bring foreign spouse entering to USA much quicker than in Nigeria Embassy (i think), while you are down there in Nigeria to appy for Nigeria's settlement visa with your credible document and approved K1 Fiancee visa by US that will take 3 months if you follow exactly Nigeria visa procedure. K1 Visa is good for 90 days within getting married to foreign fiancee. If you make mistake that would delay up to 6 months, some one year, some more year to bring foreign husband entering to the US.

Read the previous thread here:

Going through the immigrant process to bring Nigerian husband to the US

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-63879.0.html

3.) If you feel overwhelmed not understand all of this Fiancee VISA and visiting VISA procedure, hire your own experienced Immigrant lawyer in the US to help you. Their US retainer fee are varied between $300-$2,000 USD depend on what service they offer for you. Google it or use your local yellow page telephone book or lawyer referral service finding the right immigrant lawyer for you.

The cheaper US retainer fee does not include the immigrant application fee, you pay your own expenses for immigrant application fee, the highest US retainer fee include everything (legal advice, fully immigrant application submission, mailing service to send granted visa oversea embassy) to take care for you that you don't have to pay extra charge.

Do not use Nigeria lawyer down there due to rip you off stealing your money and run away!!! Unless if your Nigerian fiancee come from wealthy family, then great!!!!
Re: Information For An American Coming To Nigeria To Get Married by almondjoy(f): 7:03pm On Nov 29, 2007
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!  E don happen!

Ekwu-le-kwu oooooooooooooooh!

Ah-ah?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! lipsrsealed

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Na wah for Naija dudes oh! grin

@poster

Please check with the Nigerian consulate before you leave.  Goodluck oh! I love your profile picture BTW.  You make a very fine couple. kiss
Re: Information For An American Coming To Nigeria To Get Married by aloib(f): 9:28am On Nov 30, 2007
lmao
Re: Information For An American Coming To Nigeria To Get Married by uspry1(f): 12:31pm On Nov 30, 2007
@almondjoy

Are you trying to say "USPRY1 shut up"? Because I am exaggerated!!! shocked

Thank you for insulting me. I better back off helping to answer nairalanders' questions. That is one of my characters. angry

Have a blessed day!!!!
Re: Information For An American Coming To Nigeria To Get Married by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 30, 2007
@uspry1
Thank you for your post. That other topic is very informational, and will definately help in the future!!

@vicjustice
That is good advice, but so far my attempts at contact have not worked undecided I will keep trying though!
Re: Information For An American Coming To Nigeria To Get Married by almondjoy(f): 4:45am On Dec 05, 2007
uspry1:

@almondjoy

Are you trying to say "USPRY1 shut up"? Because I am exaggerated!!! shocked

Thank you for insulting me. I better back off helping to answer nairalanders' questions. That is one of my characters. angry

Have a blessed day!!!!

If I was addressing you, I believe I would have typed your screen name in my posts.  Did you see your name typed anywhere in any of my previous posts? Please stop being so paranoid--and try and have a good time like I always do around Nairaland.  No one is indispensible my dear. 

If you do not understand what is being written, I believe you have enough Nigerian friends to interprete messages for you.  To ease your mind--was not insulting you.  Did not even read your post.  I believe I was addressing the poster who started this thread ma'am!

Sorry, I do not read fellow-poster's posts anymore.  I only read from original posters--WHO START THREADS ONLY. You should do the same to avoid any mix-ups or unnecessary interaction with cyber riff raffs.

Have a happy holiday season! kiss
Re: Information For An American Coming To Nigeria To Get Married by awonboiz: 4:51pm On Dec 05, 2007
@almondjoy

u get wahala no b small, abi u be 9ja-akata

hope u don marry sha angry and av u dropped? wink
Re: Information For An American Coming To Nigeria To Get Married by Iman3(m): 4:57pm On Dec 05, 2007
almondjoy:

Sorry, I do not read fellow-poster's posts anymore. I only read from original posters--WHO START THREADS ONLY. You should do the same to avoid any mix-ups or unnecessary interaction with cyber rif raffs.

Have a happy holiday season! kiss

I think say na only me dey do am grin

(1) (Reply)

Le Méridien Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort Uyo, Akwa Ibom / Is Satellite Town In Ojo LGA Or Amuwo Odofin LGA? / Mexico Visa From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.