Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor (20936 Views)

Kalu, Wase, Jaji, Betara, Others Eye Gbajabiamila’s Seat As Race Kicks Off / Court Sacks Governor Umahi As Ebonyi South APC Senatorial Candidate / Umahi To IGP: Remove Us From Anambra. I Don’t Know Who Smuggled Us To Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by ovie8200: 9:34pm On Mar 13, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Unfortunately, they'd not have him back. He's given his enemies and rivals the opportunity to take over his position. I told a friend that Umahi would have problem after he defected because there was no justifiable reason for leaving his party. I see the same scenario play out in zamfara

Thank you and also in Cross River state too. This defecting thing needs to be stopped. It only happens in Nigeria on daily basis for no reason but for their own selfishness.

1 Like

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by Eriokanmi: 9:38pm On Mar 13, 2022
ovie8200:

Thank you and also in Cross River state too. This defecting thing needs to be stopped. It only happens in Nigeria on daily basis for no reason but for their own selfishness.
Ayade will be shaking by now. I forgot to mention him. He owns over 25 hotels in Nigeria...from a reliable source. Greed wouldn't let them be, a lesson for all of them
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by mrksquare: 9:39pm On Mar 13, 2022
garfield1:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/ebonyi-return-pdp-mandate-wike-tells-umahi/amp/

Any time Wike goes berserk by talking recklessly just know he has taken Mkpuru mmeri Louis IX. That's what's charges his solar plexus and activate his diarrhea of the mouth.
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by anytexy: 9:40pm On Mar 13, 2022
garfield1:

Which part of the constitution? The constitution has provided ways in which a governor can be removed and defection is not there.ekwo does not know it all after all some of his decisions have been set aside.this will not fly sir

Nobody is removing the governor. The governor removed himself by abandoning the platform (PDP) in which he rose to become governor. This will surely strengthen our democracy. This nonsense must stop for we to have a formidable opposition party for the betterment of the populace.

1 Like

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by Ttooyy12345: 9:47pm On Mar 13, 2022
Since when this agbero bcom PDP chairman?
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by emilo2bad: 9:59pm On Mar 13, 2022
This talkative wike is making noise and foolish idiotic crowns are clapping. Umahi is going no where. Did Obaseki Ortom Tambuwal vacate office. Foolish idiot
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by emilo2bad: 10:03pm On Mar 13, 2022
anytexy:
Nobody is removing the governor. The governor removed himself by abandoning the platform (PDP) in which he rose to become governor. This will surely strengthen our democracy. This nonsense must stop for we to have a formidable opposition party for the betterment of the populace.
Go and remove him. Which democracy you and your talkative and crown wike is strengthen did tambuwal ortom or Obaseki vacate office. Anyway wike is talking nonsense. Umahi is going nowhere mark it. He will even Crown the coming governor of APC in Ebonyi state
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by garfield1: 10:32pm On Mar 13, 2022
anytexy:

Sorry,it is not constitutional and will not happen
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by Oracleamehdin(m): 10:38pm On Mar 13, 2022
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by frankson1(m): 10:47pm On Mar 13, 2022
LegendHero:
Lol.

I trust Umahi, the man himself na hardcore on his own. His people will kuku throw him under the bus because he’s in APC and coz of their fear of Wike coz that man treat everyone in PDP like his child.

A million Wike cannot remove Umahi and I’m sure they will trash the nonsense judgement in the upper court.

I'm just trying to imagine how the people in that state will turn against their governor because of the fear of a governor in another state. What is Wike going to threaten them with

I want to believe that no one from the SE are among the people who liked your comment because I hear that the SE people are not scared of anybody.

Your two paragraphs though.. undecided
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by frankson1(m): 10:54pm On Mar 13, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Give example of an elected Republican defecting to Democrat or Conservative defecting to Labour in US or UK

Check for yourself, it's easily accessible undecided
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by frankson1(m): 10:57pm On Mar 13, 2022
seunmsg:

Oga, I can’t be spoon feeding you. I’ve given you two names of US senators that defected from their original party to contest on the platform of another party. Do your own research and stop asking unnecessary questions.

His kind, after knowing the truth, are ashamed to accept it so they keep arguing.

1 Like

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by frankson1(m): 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2022
Sonoyom:

The useless Appeal court judgement will be given by an APC judge.
You called out Wike, and also the FHC Justice but you turned a blind eye to the statement of the foolish governor who insulted the judge, partisan politics has blinded you.
Well done!

You're a partisan too if you've ever supported and applauded governors who have insulted the president.
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by frankson1(m): 11:08pm On Mar 13, 2022
seunmsg:

No, he was holding office as an unelected Vice President.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by frankson1(m): 11:14pm On Mar 13, 2022
knowhowk:
. Oh ! Really ,Meaning even the High court Judge that Gave the Judgement doesn't even know the Constitution...I just like the Touting in Wike

Haba!! Why now undecided you can't pretend to not know that these Judges can be influenced.

Politicians know the truth but always trying to twist the facts for their gain. This is why they're politicians.

When it comes to sharing of money they will all seat and stand together with this same Umahi they're fighting. 'make una take am easy o'.
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by Jostoman: 11:25pm On Mar 13, 2022
seunmsg:
Wike is nothing but a clown. Umahi is not the first governor to decamp and won’t be the last. He will remain in APC and complete his tenure without any problem.

The useless judgement that was given by PDP judge cannot stand any serious legal scrutiny. Appeal court will trash the judgement and the silly high court judge who seriously overreached himself will be punished in due course.
Oga stop ranting on nairaland just tell your Umahi to return PDP mandate back to PDP and continue his presidential ambition in APC. Even Matawalle is not left out, Matawalle even have the guts to impeached his deputy because Gusau refused to decamp with him.

1 Like

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by OsusuBishop(m): 11:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
When I see the way fellow Nigerians are defending this political prostitution, I can only conclude that Nigeria is doomed.

1 Like

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by ebuka440: 11:30pm On Mar 13, 2022
Please don't mind the confused seumsmg

quote author=poiZon post=110998355]
There is a clause to that effect.
U only defect if there is crisis at the national level of the party.

Umahi was elected under pdp, if he thinks he is so popular, resign ur post and contest election.

It's as simple as that.

This matter will not just benefit pdp if it comes to conclusion but the entire system.

Where in the world do people defect aimlessly like its been done in Nigeria?

Show me where even in africa.

Havent heard about defections in ghana or South Africa..
Jacob zuma even while being tried for corruption hasnt deem it neccessary to defect.

Thabo mbeki never defected, in kenya uhuru Kenyatta and his old rival raila odinga are still in the partt they got prominence..

In Nigeria people defect for no reason, the party now r fighting this, u r here talking rubbish.

[/quote]
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by upengineer: 11:35pm On Mar 13, 2022
This case is different from Atiku vs Obasanjo in that it is PDP that is challenging the defection. They are saying that they had the highest number of votes in the last election and their candidate in that election has jumped ship. I see this case getting to Supreme Court. This is the first time the party is challenging the defection of its members. It is good for democracy though

1 Like

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by tradepunter: 11:44pm On Mar 13, 2022
seunmsg:
Wike is nothing but a clown. Umahi is not the first governor to decamp and won’t be the last. He will remain in APC and complete his tenure without any problem.

The useless judgement that was given by PDP judge cannot stand any serious legal scrutiny. Appeal court will trash the judgement and the silly high court judge who seriously overreached himself will be punished in due course.

You again..... I will just leave you to time to reward you.

1 Like

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:56pm On Mar 13, 2022
seunmsg:

The clause is only applicable to lawmakers.

But I think it should be invoked across board, the cross carpeting is too much.
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by executive12: 12:01am On Mar 14, 2022
seunmsg:

You are actually the clown. Wike is on the same page with the high court ruling.

1 Like

Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by Georgejeez: 1:13am On Mar 14, 2022
Even though, there is a high chance of the Apex court overturning the decision of the High court ,, I think the High court's decision is the best for our political development .

The defection Abi deflection haff too much , wetin sef ,, we no even de know the party our Politicians de , today APC , tomorrow PDP , political prostitutes everywhere.
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by ButterBurger: 2:16am On Mar 14, 2022
Yes
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by MYHUBBY: 3:33am On Mar 14, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Umahi should return to PDP and let this matter rest

Umahi has done so well for his people, he's one of the most hard working governor currently and I've always wished him well

I want him to complete his term so he could complete all the good works he has started for the good people of Ebonyi state

I stand with Umahi to finish his term and complete all the ongoing projects he has started in Ebonyi state

your stand is irrelevant kid

who's your papa in Wike's voice. your opinion remained here on Nairaland while the real politicking is outside there

you online politicians won't cease to amuse me with your clown talk
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by new2012: 7:08am On Mar 14, 2022
seunmsg:

Senators Alen Spectre and Joe Lieberman are still recent cases in the US.

Damn! this is the most unlearned and unresearched statement even from you.
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by new2012: 7:09am On Mar 14, 2022
seunmsg:

Lol at the part in bold.

Arlen Spectre was a US Senator for about 30 years. He was elected a Republican and later defected to the Democratic Party in 2009.

Joe Lieberman lost his re-election bid in 2006 and left the Democratic Party to contest as the candidate of a third party called “Connecticut for Lieberman”.

Both of them were serving senators when they ditched their parties and never lost their seats.
.he lost and left..
he was scared of loosing and left.

not he won and left.. come on man!
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by Cheeryfeet: 8:33am On Mar 14, 2022
seunmsg:

Sincerely I hope it doesn't work out that way. We have to make our democracy work. He should either return to PDP or vacate office
Re: Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor by SniperSmurf(m): 8:16pm On Mar 17, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

And I am telling you that you are lying.
Bring proof that Alen Spectre exists. I've googled it and what came up is a song.
Lieberman never crossed from Democrat to Republican. He simply ran as an Independent Democrat and caucused with the Democrats in the Senate.

It's Senator Arlen Specter not Alen Spectre, he was a Democrat that later switched to Republican and back to Dem. He died in 2012.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IMPEACHMENT: N250million Mobilization Fee Tears Adamawa Assembly Apart / Tinubu CSU Records: Group Alleges Plot To Undermine Case Discovery / Okupe Gets A BMW From President Jonathan - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.