Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,422 members, 7,954,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:56 AM

If Gambling Is Bad, Why Do So Many People Do It In The Name Of Investment? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If Gambling Is Bad, Why Do So Many People Do It In The Name Of Investment? (221 Views)

How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s / Forks Are Bad, Why Are People So Greedy? / Why Aliko Dangote Is Bad For Nigeria - Feyi Fawehinmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If Gambling Is Bad, Why Do So Many People Do It In The Name Of Investment? by winningwinner(m): 9:17pm On Mar 13, 2022
I have heard so many religious people condemn pool betting, lotteries, gaming, etc., yet there are a lot gambling going on in the business world in the name of investment.

Here are some instances. Stockbrokers can have the privilege of observing that some stocks can rise and go all high in 12 hours or more and investors make several tons of profit on paper but in the next five minutes, a change in the market could lead to a trend and result in the crash of a particular stock and investors lose a lot of money. People who keyed into the initial offering of the stock would have their profits rolling but late time investors may not be able to even get as much as their capitals back. Now, that's with stocks.

Recently, in a company, some privileges that investors could get in terms of ROI were removed and the company restructured some of its offerings. For example, as an investor, just two weeks back you could key into one of the company’s investment plans that earns you a 40% return in 13 months but now, you can only earn 35% in 12 months. Investors who partnered with this company when this offering was available still have their seeds germinating towards maturity in the 40% ROI category but new investors have the option of 35% now or choose another plan completely say, the 75% return in 24 months.

To me, I see investing one’s money as trying a form of gambling. If this is not the case, I need to understand it clearly what difference is there between gambling and investment. It’s a bit confusing…

(1) (Reply)

Picture these adorable interior designs in your living space (pics) / Hoodies For Sale / Earn Online Without Any Skills.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.