Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Welcome To Akure (Pictures) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Akure (Pictures) (33449 Views)

My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) / Help On Traveling To Akure From Lagos By Road / Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by oladipojesse(m): 3:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
These are very old pictures. I'm not sure Akure is this beautiful and empty currently.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Ayodelejohn2018(m): 3:55pm On Mar 14, 2022
Awa omo Akure oloyemekun, omo amuda sile fogun enu Pani........
Proudly Akure boy
Akure oooo. Oyeeeeeeeee

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by ocelot2006(m): 4:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
Aaah...Akure...my dad worked there from 1995 to 1998. 'lived at Algbaka GRA. The pics bring back memories.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Transcriber: 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2022
tollyboy5:
There is nothing spectacular about akure. I've been in akure for over 5years now
I am in Akure right now.
It's just calmer than Lagos. Nothing else
Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Transcriber: 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2022
ocelot2006:
Aaah...Akure...my dad worked there from 1995 to 1998. 'lived at Algbaka GRA. The pics bring back memories.
alagbaka is very nice

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Transcriber: 4:53pm On Mar 14, 2022
Philistine:

Not surprised. A Yoruba is ever mentally slow. The blood of threachery flows in you.
you are very stupid
You think we lie like eboes?

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Jalaw: 5:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
Keep laying claims on private properties.
chessguru:
Did he tell you he is posting about Government , the post is about anything within Akure its not about Government or politics

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by esthel(f): 5:18pm On Mar 14, 2022
Read what I wrote again
okeysoninv:
check the photo it's a Japanese town.
Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 5:32pm On Mar 14, 2022
This is beautiful. Which part of Akure is this?

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by chessguru(m): 5:34pm On Mar 14, 2022
Jalaw:
The post is about everything within Akure , it has nothing to do with Government or what Government has done , akure is all about everything in side it , not everything is about politics , Private , public , traditional , everything Akure is Akure .

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by chessguru(m): 5:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
Jalaw:
The post says welcome to Akure , meaning everything you can see in Akure both private and public it has nothing to do with politics and some mumu mentality .

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Bouncing2(m): 6:04pm On Mar 14, 2022
Usual brown roof

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by doctorgold(m): 6:21pm On Mar 14, 2022
Akure has to be the next city to Owerri with the highest number of hotels
Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by driand(m): 6:30pm On Mar 14, 2022
Bruisecruise:
I love Akure!

The city I did my NYSC back in 2012.

The city that provided me with the needed serenity when I needed it most in my life.

The city that allowed me live a humanly possible life on a budget without making me feel poor.

The city that communicated with me in the only language only I could understand.

From Ijapo where I resided to Captain Cook Alagbaka where I dined to Jojein resort Oba-iLe where I relaxed, damnnnn son!

If it wasn’t for the peace of mind afforded me by the opportunity of serving in Akure at that phase of my life, I’d never have understood the importance of peace and quiet drowning out the distractions of noise to enable you focus on the only things that truly matters in life -food, shelter and sanity!

Growing up and schooling in Lagos got you submerged in a consistent state of anxiety in a race you never know the next direction or terminal point. Akure gave me that needed balance when everything went down south in my world. All I looked forward to was sorting out my food, office, catch up with meaningful folks and if there is small change in my account, I head to Lagos for the weekend haha.

As a Niger-Deltan, despite loving where I’m from, I’ll never forget the pre-eminent position that Akure holds in my heart.

I LOVE AKURE WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL. FOREVER AND EVER. GOD BLESS THE LAND OF AKURE.
NIGGA YOU VALID!.... There is something about akure that people will never understand... You don your best trying to explain.... I'm a confirm igbo man from Imo but Akure is the definition of HOME...

If you don't gerrit forget abourrit...

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by sunkieisland(m): 6:53pm On Mar 14, 2022
Compared to 2008 / 2009 and 2010, the city has really changed from what I knew into something else now. I was passing by on my way from Abuja the other day and I could barely recognize the city and most places looked different.

It's a sign that the government have been doing its best to transform the city for good

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by jojothaiv(m): 7:30pm On Mar 14, 2022
Bruisecruise:
I love Akure!

The city I did my NYSC back in 2012.

The city that provided me with the needed serenity when I needed it most in my life.

The city that allowed me live a humanly possible life on a budget without making me feel poor.

The city that communicated with me in the only language only I could understand.

From Ijapo where I resided to Captain Cook Alagbaka where I dined to Jojein resort Oba-iLe where I relaxed, damnnnn son!

If it wasn’t for the peace of mind afforded me by the opportunity of serving in Akure at that phase of my life, I’d never have understood the importance of peace and quiet drowning out the distractions of noise to enable you focus on the only things that truly matters in life -food, shelter and sanity!

Growing up and schooling in Lagos got you submerged in a consistent state of anxiety in a race you never know the next direction or terminal point. Akure gave me that needed balance when everything went down south in my world. All I looked forward to was sorting out my food, office, catch up with meaningful folks and if there is small change in my account, I head to Lagos for the weekend haha.

As a Niger-Deltan, despite loving where I’m from, I’ll never forget the pre-eminent position that Akure holds in my heart.

I LOVE AKURE WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL. FOREVER AND EVER. GOD BLESS THE LAND OF AKURE.
You're one of a kind.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Xfemt(m): 7:34pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ever8090:
Post pictures of inner streets, I want to check something... because I know a thing about Nigeria cities
honestly akure is a fine city sha
I’ve been there couple of times and I can say it a very nice and beautiful place to live
Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Ezlynn: 8:02pm On Mar 14, 2022
Images from the sunshine state are indeed breathtaking... order the oraimo FreePod pro via the link below my signature and enjoy premium sounds, Up to 13+30 hrs Playing-Extra Long Playtime, Pop-up Notification- Google Fast Pairing and lots more innovative features.

Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Tomek09(m): 8:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
Omicron007:
shocked

The cluster or concentration of Brown Roofs in Yorubaland is utterly appauling.
Brown roof na cultural heritage of Yorubas.
Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Tomek09(m): 8:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
Xfemt:
honestly akure is a fine city sha
I’ve been there couple of times and I can say it a very nice and beautiful place to live
I sighted clusters of rusted zinc there. I think it's only Lagos that's not dominated by old houses and mosques.
Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Tomek09(m): 8:17pm On Mar 14, 2022
driand:
NIGGA YOU VALID!.... There is something about akure that people will never understand... You don your best trying to explain.... I'm a confirm igbo man from Imo but Akure is the definition of HOME...

If you don't gerrit forget abourrit...
You are from Iragbiji not Imo.
Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Tomek09(m): 8:22pm On Mar 14, 2022
naija1stnigar:
Apart from the brown roofs that will always give the city a bad drone view I think Akure is a good place to be, the standard of living in the city can accommodate a poor man, the road network should be the second best in southwest apart from Lagos, accommodation in the city is fairly affordable and the serenity of the environment too is good, Akure people are generally accommodating and peace loving just that there's no job in the town but anyone with a
business plan and averagely cool amount of money who wants to invest in any business especially building materials, farming equipments, electronics, marketing of farm produce, vehicle/ motorcycle spare parts, etc I bet it you won't regret coming to Akure for any of these. I was born and raised there that's why I know so much about the city and I will not confuse anyone with wrong information.
Brown roof is really giving SouthWest a bad view. Same thing in Ibadan, Ado-Ekiti, Abeokuta and Oshogbo.
Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Tomek09(m): 8:31pm On Mar 14, 2022
YourRealSon:
What's okitipupa like
Have you been to Okitikpukpa before??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Tomek09(m): 8:33pm On Mar 14, 2022
Bouncing2:
Usual brown roof
Sad embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by YourRealSon(m): 8:41pm On Mar 14, 2022
Tomek09:

No I haven't that's why I'm asking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Aaay: 10:12pm On Mar 14, 2022
Nice
Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Ilefoaye(m): 3:01am On Mar 15, 2022
PrettyPrisca:
Akure that does not have a functioning streetlight at night? And everything is unnecessarily expensive here!
This place is over rated please.
mama� u base in Akure?
Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Xfemt(m): 7:45am On Mar 15, 2022
Tomek09:

I sighted clusters of rusted zinc there. I think it's only Lagos that's not dominated by old houses and mosques.
bro don’t look from the drone view visit and testify
Akure is clean and serene
Lagos is a mega city you can’t compare the two na
Even the lagos brown roof still de
Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by Tomek09(m): 1:50pm On Mar 15, 2022
Xfemt:
bro don’t look from the drone view visit and testify
Akure is clean and serene
Lagos is a mega city you can’t compare the two na
Even the lagos brown roof still de
Ok
Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by YourRealSon(m): 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2022
Tomek09:

I'm planning on schooling is osustech that's why I'm asking
Re: Welcome To Akure (Pictures) by ADEGUNWA01: 3:27am On Dec 07, 2022
I'm a prince of akure and a potential Deji of akure, I'm so proud of my Kingdom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? / Nigeria To Increase Visa Categories From 6 To 79 / Air Peace, Arik Air Increase Base Fare For Economy Flights To N50,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.