Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March (6717 Views)

Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen / Akpabio To Declare Presidential Bid On Wednesday - Media Aide / 2023: Atiku To Formally Declare Presidential Aspiration On Wednesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by MadamVanessa(f): 6:44am On Mar 14, 2022
Bukola Saraki, former senate president, says he has “what it takes” to lead Nigeria.

Saraki spoke on Sunday Politics, a Channels TV programme monitored by TheCable.

The former Kwara governor said he has been touring the country with his team to consult stakeholders on his presidential ambition.

According to him, he will declare his intention to run for president in 2023 after the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) decides which geopolitical zone will get its presidential ticket.

"Like anybody, there are rules; there are guidelines,” he said.

“We will have a NEC (PDP) meeting on Tuesday. Hopefully, the guidelines will come out which will tell us definitely where the whistle would be blown.

“Short of anything that stops an individual, I will definitely be announcing sometime before the end of the month, my intention to vie for president. At the moment, we are just doing consultation. Formal declaration will come in due course.”

“I believe I have what it takes to lead Nigeria. I am not someone who shies away from taking up challenges. I am not someone who does not know the issues or someone who does not have the energy and vibrancy to address those issues.

“More importantly, I am someone that can reach out across the political divide, based on my antecedents. I am someone who can reach out across the ethnicity divide and across the religious divide ”

Asked about the issue of zoning which has been a subject of debate, Saraki said Nigerians should be concerned about electing someone who can tackle the country’s challenges.

“When you talk about zoning, yes, you must consider zoning. But when we talk about zoning, it can’t just be an issue of north/south because you cannot tell me that the south-west will say they are disenfranchised in the possibility of political office; neither can you say the south-south,” he said.

“But the reality is that the north-east, north-central and south-east have not had presidency or vice-presidency. But what I’m saying is today, where the country is, with the challenges before the country, we must bring in other issues.

“We did it when we wanted to look for the national chairman of our party. We went seeking for who we felt was the best that would help the party.

“There are people who can provide solutions to the problems of the country if you give them the opportunity.”

https://www.thecable.ng/ill-declare-presidential-ambition-before-end-of-march-says-saraki/amp

4 Likes

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by illicit(m): 6:46am On Mar 14, 2022
Who want u

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by Hector09(m): 6:49am On Mar 14, 2022
The price feeling like Nigeria is their personal property

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by Mynd44: 6:52am On Mar 14, 2022
Ask him if his name is Bukola Saraki or Abubakar Saraki first.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by Sammy07: 6:52am On Mar 14, 2022
I believe I have what it takes to lead Nigeria. I am not someone who shies away from taking up challenges. I am not someone who does not know the issues or someone who does not have the energy and vibrancy to address those issues.

Like how you and your papa ruin kwara state wit no meaningful development.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by lovemanred: 6:53am On Mar 14, 2022
Rest, you've already declared uncle Saraki cheesy this one is not your time

1 Like

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by Vifx: 6:53am On Mar 14, 2022
All politicians will burn in hell

1 Like

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by Sammy07: 6:53am On Mar 14, 2022
Mynd44:
Ask him if his name is Bukola Saraki or Abubakar Saraki first.

He's
Abubakar Bukola Saraki

4 Likes

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by nony43(m): 6:53am On Mar 14, 2022
Oga park well.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 6:54am On Mar 14, 2022
Na who win election dey determine how country dey be.... If you no get voter's card , keep quiet
Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by batsynergy: 6:54am On Mar 14, 2022
grin this man want to contest or he just want Atiku money?

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by Lovenorth: 6:54am On Mar 14, 2022
He will declare his ambition to the Ipob terrorists grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by WhizdomXX(m): 6:54am On Mar 14, 2022
Otoge

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by oluwaseunamos33(m): 6:55am On Mar 14, 2022
We are in free world and so you are free to declare but for me and my house hold to vote for you na the big issue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by Hilarioustweter: 6:55am On Mar 14, 2022
Under which party?

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by daygee12: 6:55am On Mar 14, 2022
U can't even win in Kwara state. Your political ambition is dead on arrival.

5 Likes

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:55am On Mar 14, 2022
lipsrsealed
Isn't time to start stoning this old thieves coming out to contest for presidency undecided

8 Likes

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by Adesina18111(m): 6:56am On Mar 14, 2022
Hiii
Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by tillaman(m): 6:56am On Mar 14, 2022
Just like your contemporaries, y’all crooks there’s no difference at all y’all bloody wankerz
Trying to fvck things up, you were given opportunity to proof yourself countless times but you proved that you are a gaping arsehole just like your other co politicians
You can never smell that Aso Rock

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by atobs4real(m): 6:57am On Mar 14, 2022
What will declaration bring to the table of common man

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by hkunle71(m): 6:57am On Mar 14, 2022
You and who? Don't even think of it... We are still praying for Nigeria to get well soon and another Super cop thinks he's the right man for Nigerians. Nah nah nah... Just remain there Mr prodigal

7 Likes

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by atobs4real(m): 6:58am On Mar 14, 2022
What will declaration bring to the table of common man
Evil people are just declaring
Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by Oduduwa707: 6:58am On Mar 14, 2022
Declaration sha... angry
Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by Nigeriadondie: 7:00am On Mar 14, 2022
Oto ge

1 Like

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by deeway200(m): 7:00am On Mar 14, 2022
Rotating Nigeria leadership among incompetent people
Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by visijo(m): 7:03am On Mar 14, 2022
Ynash wey u flog for primary school don dey enter ur eye now�
Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by akanke79: 7:04am On Mar 14, 2022
Saraki the fulani man pretending to be Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: I’ll Declare Presidential Ambition Before End Of March by gasparpisciotta: 7:05am On Mar 14, 2022
No honor among thieves, PDP is too unbalanced right now for Saraki to emerge as its flag bearer for 2023

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan's Serial Losses / Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? / Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.