Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

5 Ways To Make The Best Out Of Your Studio Sessions - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / 5 Ways To Make The Best Out Of Your Studio Sessions (207 Views)

7 Reasons To Get An Electronic Drum Set For Your Studio / Free Studio sessions for the next 60 days / Affordable Studio Sessions In Abuja Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Make The Best Out Of Your Studio Sessions by DoubleSixMUZIK(m): 7:24am On Mar 14, 2022
5 Ways To Make The Best Out Of Your Studio Sessions

Studio sessions have become very expensive, so re-working the same song over and over again can take a lot out of an artiste's pocket.

But it doesn't have to be so, as there are simple tips you can use to finish your song with just one session!

Let's go!

1. Develop your song before you book the session

There was this particular artiste who booked an 8-hour session at my studio some time ago. I asked him if he had written the song, and he was like "dat one na small tin, I go freestyle am like Wizkid".

After a long sequence of voicing and deleting, and voicing again, the artiste finally heeded my advice and decided to write the song. We got it done in the second session, but all we really needed was one.

2. Don't try to sound like someone else

One of my most tiring experiences in the studio is when an artiste tells me that he wants to use the exact same kick or snare Kiss Daniel used in Bleep.

Cool, but keep in mind that there are tens of thousands of kicks and snares in production software, and finding the exact one a popular artiste used will be time-consuming. So while you're busy looking for the exact hi-hat Burna Boy used, the clock will keep ticking and your session will expire before you can say Jack Robinson!

3. Master your lyrics

There's a huge advantage that comes with knowing the lyrics to your song before you step in the booth. Not that spitting it off a notepad is bad, but knowing it off-the-top of your head allows you to deliver more fluently over the mic!

The better you know your lyrics, the fewer the takes you will need to finish recording.

4. Intoxication won't help you (unless you have the head for it)

If you think getting high before hitting the booth will help you sing or rap your songs better, I suggest you think again.

Short story - An artiste came to record at my studio and he said he needed to drink first to boost his morale. He passed out on my studio couch after knocking down half a bottle of whiskey!

End of session!

5. Be open to your producer's ideas

Truth be told, you might have an idea for a song, and you think you've figured it all out. But you get to the studio and discover that things aren't going exactly as you planned it in your head.

This is where you and your producer really need to ride together and exchange ideas. Be sure to keep an open mind and consider your producer's suggestions, as that could be the difference between a successful session and a failed session!

Hope you find these tips beneficial.

Hit me up on WhatsApp +2348033422206 if you need a professional studio to produce your songs! #DoubleSixMuzik

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Hire Me To Record Your Voiceovers And Produce Your Jingles / The 2022 Headies: What Went Wrong? / Promote Your Music Online At Very Affordable Fee Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.