Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,247 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer (916 Views)

Come Buy My Spark 5 Pro.( suspended) / Waoh! My Spark 4 Just Upgraded To Android 10. / My Spark 4 Has No Led When Charging. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by scally11: 5:27pm On Mar 14, 2022
I remember I was trying to clear some space on my phone and deleted some files on my phone. Pronto my phone stopped seeing my computer when connected with USB. I have restarted my phone and system, even used different cord., Mbanu the phone no see system again. I need to transfer some files to my system and this is happening. Please gurus make una help me out. What else can I do.? Please don't suggest Bluetooth abeg

1 Like

Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by advanceDNA: 5:41pm On Mar 14, 2022
First, Ensure the cord is a confirm file transfer cord...Some cord will only charge...I’ve experienced it before when I tried to use the tiny usb cord of my ear buds... my computer ddnt see my phone...

Secondly, After connecting the phone to the computer, Did you select file transfer on the USB option on your phone...maybe it’s on “charge only” option

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
If your cord no be follow come e no go fit work.
Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by engrjosefz(m): 6:09pm On Mar 14, 2022
Spank the Spark 5
Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by selfdefence: 7:47pm On Mar 14, 2022
Try using a different USB cable
Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by selfdefence: 7:48pm On Mar 14, 2022
Revolution2022:
If your cord no be follow come e no go fit work.
not necessarily, let it just be that it's original sha
Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by Onyeka90210(m): 7:59pm On Mar 14, 2022
Use xender, you can send and receive from pc using xender web, xender will create Hotspot, your pc will connect, and you'll put an iP address into the browser and it'll be linked with your phone, no data needed.
Last time I had an issue like that was when I used transsion phones, thought it was my laptop till I switch phone, USB mass storage works fine for a while then stops for no reason.

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by AmadorSays: 8:54pm On Mar 14, 2022
Try using a follow come cord.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by AmadorSays: 8:55pm On Mar 14, 2022
Onyeka90210:
Use xender, you can send and receive from pc using xender web, xender will create Hotspot, your pc will connect, and you'll put an iP address into the browser and it'll be linked with your phone, no data needed.
Last time I had an issue like that was when I used transsion phones, thought it was my laptop till I switch phone, USB mass storage works fine for a while then stops for no reason.
that was peculiar to your phone, don't make it sound like all Transsion phones are like that, he just needs to get a cord that's suitable to his phone.
Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by Onyeka90210(m): 9:12pm On Mar 14, 2022
AmadorSays:
that was peculiar to your phone, don't make it sound like all Transsion phones are like that, he just needs to get a cord that's suitable to his phone.
Tell him to try another phone, which one be cord again. Didn't he say he has tried that?
Abi transsion phone dey select cord grin
Wahala.
Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by Kroos205: 9:38pm On Mar 14, 2022
Turn on developer mode and enable usb debugging, I hope it helps.

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by AmadorSays: 10:00pm On Mar 14, 2022
Onyeka90210:

Tell him to try another phone, which one be cord again. Didn't he say he has tried that?
Abi transsion phone dey select cord grin
Wahala.
yes phones do select cords and it's not just only Transsion, if your USB cord has an issue it can actually cause that

1 Like

Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by Onyeka90210(m): 10:03pm On Mar 14, 2022
AmadorSays:
yes phones do select cords and it's not just only Transsion, if your USB cord has an issue it can actually cause that
Never had that issue on other brands, but okay.
OP change your cord
Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by scally11: 5:24am On Mar 15, 2022
Onyeka90210:

Never had that issue on other brands, but okay.
OP change your cord
I have done that. The cord recognized wifey phone but not mine
Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by d3cod3r(m): 6:40am On Mar 15, 2022
Lol. Many mumu replies here. Op your usb port don tire. Go and change the port or buy new downboard and change. Make una dey try buy better phones next time.
Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by eyeses: 11:39am On Mar 15, 2022
Maybe your charging port might be faulty, try having it checked
Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by eyeses: 11:40am On Mar 15, 2022
d3cod3r:
Lol. Many mumu replies here. Op your usb port don tire. Go and change the port or buy new downboard and change. Make una dey try buy better phones next time.
it's not about the phone, any phone could have such issues.
Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by Fremantle: 12:02pm On Mar 15, 2022
scally11:
I remember I was trying to clear some space on my phone and deleted some files on my phone. Pronto my phone stopped seeing my computer when connected with USB. I have restarted my phone and system, even used different cord., Mbanu the phone no see system again. I need to transfer some files to my system and this is happening. Please gurus make una help me out. What else can I do.? Please don't suggest Bluetooth abeg

In other for me to assist you properly, I'll need you to answer the following;

Does your phone charge when you connect the USB cable from ur PC?

When connected do u receive any pop up notifications about a connected USB?

Lastly, does ur PC show an error, "Unable to install Drive" when connected to ur phone?

1 Like

Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by scally11: 1:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
Fremantle:

In other for me to assist you properly, I'll need you to answer the following;

Does your phone charge when you connect the USB cable from ur PC?

When connected do u receive any pop up notifications about a connected USB?

Lastly, does ur PC show an error, "Unable to install Drive" when connected to ur phone?
Yes it charges when connected to system or charger with the cord.
There is no pop up about connected USB on my phone.
It sometimes show error that this device is not recognised bla bla

1 Like

Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by Onyeka90210(m): 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2022
scally11:

Did you try to put it in usb mode manually, without waiting for it to pop up
Go to settings and put usb mode on mass storage

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by d3cod3r(m): 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2022
eyeses:
it's not about the phone, any phone could have such issues.
Yes, any low quality phone.
Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by d3cod3r(m): 5:02pm On Mar 15, 2022
Op take your phone to a gsm technician. Period. That port is gone. It is only by luck it'll connect again without changing it.
Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by d3cod3r(m): 5:13pm On Mar 15, 2022
High quality usb ports have a metal reinforcement to the plastic holding the pins in place. People using quality phones still on micro USB can attest to that. Other brands that like to cut corners will have their users suffering a similar fate as the OP. Make una dey buy better things.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by Fremantle: 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2022
scally11:

Probably your Phone has revert back to its factory settings and turned off USB Configuration that's why your PC is unable to detect any USB plugged to ur Phone......

Follow these steps to solve the Issue.;
Go to Settings > About Phone/ My Phone > Locate "Build Number"

Tap on it 7-10 times till you see a pop up msg saying "You're now a developer"

Go back to settings and locate Developer options.

Under developer options locate Networking (Heading)

Scroll down to Select USB Configuration < A menu will pop up, select MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)

Lastly Restart your phone (Optional) and connect your phone to your PC. Remember Original USB cable.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by XAUBulls: 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2023
Kroos205:
Turn on developer mode and enable usb debugging, I hope it helps.
Re: Help: My Spark 5pro Not Seeing My Computer by XAUBulls: 6:06pm On Dec 06, 2023
Fremantle:

Probably your Phone has revert back to its factory settings and turned off USB Configuration that's why your PC is unable to detect any USB plugged to ur Phone......

Follow these steps to solve the Issue.;
Go to Settings > About Phone/ My Phone > Locate "Build Number"

Tap on it 7-10 times till you see a pop up msg saying "You're now a developer"

Go back to settings and locate Developer options.

Under developer options locate Networking (Heading)

Scroll down to Select USB Configuration < A menu will pop up, select MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)

Lastly Restart your phone (Optional) and connect your phone to your PC. Remember Original USB cable.
Impressive.

(1) (Reply)

How Good Is The Beepee Solar S1 PACKAGE / Samsung Galaxy S22 And Z Flip / Celtel Starts Free Sunday Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.