Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts (47591 Views)

How Old Is Your Sim Card? / How To Activate Glo Sim That Is Deactivated / I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by sagieramos(m): 10:10am On Mar 16, 2022
Xilsbridalhouse:

Thanks...will advise you take all security measures serious.

Best security measure is to enable PIN/PUK on your SIM connected to your bank account, and also make sure to secure your phone with some level of password so that the thief might be forced to takeout your SIM and probably want to access it through another phone...

After your SIM re-register to a network either by restarting your phone or placing the SIM in another phone, the thief will have to put a PIN before he could access the SIM. This help you eliminate the fear of losing your money to any hacker no matter how intelligent he is....

Using iPhone or Samsung doesn't prevent your account from being cleared

2 Likes

Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Venymen(m): 10:12am On Mar 16, 2022
Oyindamolah:
Pleaseeeee!!! Keep your SIM that receive your alert. Read this.PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR PHONES. SEE BELOW AND SHARE...

https://jimidisu.com/confession-of-a-suspect-i-do-what-we-call-wire-wire-wire-wire-is-also-called-sim-transaction-so-sim-transaction-is-local-wire/
good information op
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by rolams(m): 10:13am On Mar 16, 2022
jurjes:

Zenith Bank and First Bank are not secure with this

Let's escalate so they do the needful

Yes ooo
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by rolams(m): 10:14am On Mar 16, 2022
EnglandAmaka:

Me too. It's safe to say Ecobank is one of the most secure banks in the country

Yes
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Tom1960: 10:15am On Mar 16, 2022
Jamesbiodun:
By disclosing the interview you are making some people have a reason to do the crime once they find it easy and broke angry
Na dem
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by rolams(m): 10:17am On Mar 16, 2022
EnglandAmaka:

I'm so happy my main bank is Ecobank. I can't use USSD. Any transaction must be made with the app.

I've forgiven them for all the frustration for close to a year the app was down. I was using POS to transfer to FirstBank before i can be using the money. This is what I have been using since June last year till early this month

Congratulations! Patience pays

3 Likes

Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Obnoxious2001(m): 10:18am On Mar 16, 2022
I have experience this before.
The scammer used my longtime misplaced sim card to get a loan from fair money app.

Local man go retrieve Sim card after one year only to receive SMS alert that am owing 70k + interest, me whey still be student.

After the incident, i went to bank and they told me they just needed my bvn and the Sim card that all. I wan Mad (I was like why don't you lay much emphasis on it.)

So they Told me to protect my Sim card with a pin in case of theft

1 Like

Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by toujurs: 10:31am On Mar 16, 2022
Anyone that tries any short code transfer on my sim, it won't even work. Because i de actiVated all, ever since banks increased their ussd transfer
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by nedekid: 10:34am On Mar 16, 2022
Xilsbridalhouse:

Oh, I don’t have the PUK but I could look for it. Thanks a lot.
Download the mtn app(assuming you use mtn).
Your puk number should be in the app.
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Originalsly: 10:41am On Mar 16, 2022
"I can transfer into another person's account and it will be that person that will be sought after.... not me."

To those that be coming up in here all excited about waking up and finding their account credited with life saving amounts ... take note.

4 Likes

Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by tunashg: 10:44am On Mar 16, 2022
Ensure you activate sim card lock or pin on your sim card...it will save you from unnecessary stress
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by emenezer(m): 10:46am On Mar 16, 2022
He will cry, not his mother... Leave the mother out of this....

quote author=Odetokun3 post=111056547]Quite expository plus a master class for potential thief. Plus things like these keep happening because the system is not responsible. We always blame the victims in Nigeria.

Nigerians have issues with database and things like this will continue to happen until everyone values identification and database.

But to the evil doers, everyday for the thief, one day for the owners, your mama go cry as you make people dey cry!

Pen down![/quote]
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by writeprof(m): 10:58am On Mar 16, 2022
Odetokun3:
Quite expository plus a master class for potential thief. Plus things like these keep happening because the system is not responsible. We always blame the victims in Nigeria.

Nigerians have issues with database and things like this will continue to happen until everyone values identification and database.

But to the evil doers, everyday for the thief, one day for the owners, your mama go cry as you make people dey cry!

Pen down!

Plus things like these keep happening because the system is not responsible. We always blame the victims in Nigeria.

Gbam!
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by DuchessAmanda(f): 10:59am On Mar 16, 2022
Silentmoni:
A week ago when I posted "how my access bank account was wiped" when I lost my phone some I too know people attacked me, saying I concorted the story....
When I got to the bank to find out how they were able to do that, I was told my pin was changed using my date of birth...the days are evil and criminals advancing in their evil techniques.
Yeah I remember, but did you use a SIM Lock before that incident?
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 10:59am On Mar 16, 2022
nedekid:

Download the mtn app(assuming you use mtn).
Your puk number should be in the app.
Oh really? Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 11:01am On Mar 16, 2022
sagieramos:

Best security measure is to enable PIN/PUK on your SIM connected to your bank account, and also make sure to secure your phone with some level of password so that the thief might be forced to takeout your SIM and probably want to access it through another phone...

After your SIM re-register to a network either by restarting your phone or placing the SIM in another phone, the thief will have to put a PIN before he could access the SIM. This help you eliminate the fear of losing your money to any hacker no matter how intelligent he is....

Using iPhone or Samsung doesn't prevent your account from being cleared
Wow! Thank you so much!!! I really have to lock my SIM today, as I procrastinated this till I became a victim. I read it several times here but took no action sad

2 Likes

Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Rubyjade: 11:04am On Mar 16, 2022
undecided
NUHUUSMAN:
my problem with the news is that it teach other to learn how to. instead of been careful with your sim. In short the news is too open. why all the details to the public.
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by simhosting: 11:08am On Mar 16, 2022
wink
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by DuchessAmanda(f): 11:09am On Mar 16, 2022
rolams:
If you are using UBA, GTB, ECOBANK and STANBIC IBTC no body can get your bank details through this!

First bank is not secured with this code. They may have access to your account oooo.

The *425*100# is for recharge. I just confirmed it on my phone now.

See the picture below.
What about Zenith bank?
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Loveknitting: 11:09am On Mar 16, 2022
24SEVEN:

Use samsung or Apple smartphones and they cant hack it.

also use sim lock.

i have good millions in my accounts. imagine losing my phone. lipsrsealed

At good millions is they bad millions?
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by IMASTEX: 11:09am On Mar 16, 2022
Pearlqueen:
Always set a PIN on your SIM card
That is it. Set a PIN on the SIM, many do confuse phone lock with SIM lock. Then if you saved your BVN on the phone, try to mix in extra numbers to disguise the real one.

3 Likes

Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Rubyjade: 11:13am On Mar 16, 2022
mrdan:
My question is, what is a 'no trace account' and why is it that easy to create such account from your phone.
The banks need to routinely change their security and confidential account openings procedures.
Good question, the banks are culpable too
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by DuchessAmanda(f): 11:14am On Mar 16, 2022
NUHUUSMAN:
my problem with the news is that it teach other to learn how to. instead of been careful with your sim. In short the news is too open. why all the details to the public.
...and it has also helped people to be better informed and extra vigilant.
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Rubyjade: 11:17am On Mar 16, 2022
mrfm1:
How will he be able to get the money after transferring it to a no trace account ? I dont understand that part. Is it that the money is gone?
Most times they use it to shop online
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Rubyjade: 11:19am On Mar 16, 2022
jurjes:
I just dialled that *425 code on my phone and the banks I use just appeared,

Pls oooo, NCC should in collabo with telcos disable that code ASAP
And some people here are claiming it's not real.
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Rubyjade: 11:20am On Mar 16, 2022
EnglandAmaka:

Me too. It's safe to say Ecobank is one of the most secure banks in the country
Dial *425* ONLY
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by supereagle(m): 11:21am On Mar 16, 2022
I had the video confession of the young man.

Oyindamolah:
Pleaseeeee!!! Keep your SIM that receive your alert. Read this.PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR PHONES. SEE BELOW AND SHARE...

https://jimidisu.com/confession-of-a-suspect-i-do-what-we-call-wire-wire-wire-wire-is-also-called-sim-transaction-so-sim-transaction-is-local-wire/
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Rubyjade: 11:24am On Mar 16, 2022
IMASTEX:

That is it. Set a PIN on the SIM, many do confuse phone lock with SIM lock. Then if you saved your BVN on the phone, try to mix in extra numbers to disguise the real one.
instead save it with a name just as you save contact on your phone
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Rubyjade: 11:25am On Mar 16, 2022
supereagle:
I had the video confession of the young man.

Share the video here
Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by sagieramos(m): 11:32am On Mar 16, 2022
Xilsbridalhouse:

Wow! Thank you so much!!! I really have to lock my SIM today, as I procrastinated this till I became a victim. I read it several times here but took no action sad
Please do. SIM lock is as important as the money in your account

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wire-Wire: Be Careful With Your SIM That Receives Your Alerts by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:40am On Mar 16, 2022
d33types:

You are the real criminal
I don't have for you dimwit angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ranking Of Networks that Zaps Data The Most, From Heighest To Lowest / Mtn Scraps All Tariff Plans / Its Not All About Regular Specifications, Here Are Phone Features You Ignore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.