Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Bolt Drivers Beware! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bolt Drivers Beware! (1137 Views)

How Bolt Drivers In Kaduna Tracked Down Serial Scammers Who Pay With Fake Bank T / Bolt Driver Stabbed To Death In Abuja (Graphic Photo) / Daylight Fraud On 3rd Mainland Bridge (drivers Beware) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bolt Drivers Beware! by Bluntdude: 10:50am On Mar 15, 2022
Hello guys, just to bring to our notice a new scam I experienced yesterday A young guy saw me somewhere I went for a job and approached me for help. Immediately I saw him, I sensed that he was no good but I decided not to assume (now I regret that decision.)

He said his phone was down and needed me to help him order Bolt ride if I had the app on my phone. (I had done such favour for a person before and it went well) I still didn't trust him but I decided to help nonetheless. I obliged him and he thanked me after which he asked for the details of the vehicle. I told him the colour and Reg number and then I went in to do the job that I came for. After about 40 minutes I got a message saying that the trip had ended and the fare was N1,200 . I was glad I helped out since I believed that everything went well.

Well, guess what? I got a text around 8pm from the driver I believe, saying that he still hasn't received payment (I think the guy promised to make a transfer to him and probably asked him to send his details.) I only received the text saying he hasn't been paid but no account number was attached meaning that the dude may have actually given him a different phone number to send his details to and maybe when he discovered that he had been played, he decided to contact me since it was my number that he saw on the request page. He also called me several times but I wasn't aware my phone was ringing.

When I called him back, told him that I got his message and that it's obvious he had been played, he wasn't happy. I told him that I only assisted the guy in booking for bolt ride since he said his phone was down and that I wasn't the one he picked. He confirmed what I said, saying the guy told him same story about his phone being down and that he promised to make a transfer.

Now here are some questions that ran through my mind as I thought about the whole thing yesterday:

1. Why didn't he ask for the guy's name before picking him up? It's not enough to say "hi, are you Mr./Miss A or B?" Of cos the person will readily say yes.

2. If they cannot confirm the name/phone number on the request, they may be a security threat to you if you go ahead to pick them.

3. Why agree to a transfer when the customer told you his phone was down? That's not smart.

4. What stopped you from calling the number who ordered for your services when the customer started acting funny?

I just pity the bolt guy yesterday because I know how painful it must have been offering services and not getting your money.

If someone insists on making a transfer to me after working for them, I insist on waiting for them to make the transfer rather than sending my details and I also hang around and initiate discussion until I confirm payment. I learnt my lesson the hard way.

If you get your money from the street, you must be street smart in order to reduce losses.

Modified: some people have pointed how that what I did was quite dangerous. Truth be told, they're totally right. Like someone said... What if the driver was killed? It would have been traced back to me. All I did was help. No more offering of assistance to strangers anymore. Lesson learnt.

3 Likes

Re: Bolt Drivers Beware! by providencia(m): 10:59am On Mar 15, 2022
You see how you are shifting blame to the driver? You didn't ask yourself what if the driver was killed/kidnap or vehicle stolen? Who would be traced ? YOU !

If you understand how bolt works, you will not blame the driver that much

5 Likes

Re: Bolt Drivers Beware! by Bornbiafra: 11:09am On Mar 15, 2022
Op you are so naive ...you just escaped going jail....how I wished the guy you booked the ride for killed the driver and snatch his car ...

All this things will be song to whoever that cares to listen

3 Likes

Re: Bolt Drivers Beware! by dawnomike(m): 11:33am On Mar 15, 2022
According to the law, you are an accomplice to whatever crime that could have been commited until proven innocent... This is how so many innocent people landed in jail

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolt Drivers Beware! by Bluntdude: 12:27pm On Mar 15, 2022
providencia:
You see how you are shifting blame to the driver? You didn't ask yourself what if the driver was killed/kidnap or vehicle stolen? Who would be traced ? YOU !

If you understand how bolt works, you will not blame the driver that much

I didn't even see things from this point. What I did was very risky. I'll never try it again.

3 Likes

Re: Bolt Drivers Beware! by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
Your username really checks out.
Re: Bolt Drivers Beware! by Toma2: 12:42pm On Mar 15, 2022
You better send the bolt driver E money ooo..
Re: Bolt Drivers Beware! by Bluntdude: 3:55pm On Mar 15, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:
Your username really checks out.

I don't understand
Re: Bolt Drivers Beware! by ibechris(m): 6:23pm On Mar 15, 2022
Thank your God brother.

And never try this in Nigeria again.

Police for use u shine like Evance.
Re: Bolt Drivers Beware! by dahnimoh(m): 6:23pm On Mar 15, 2022
Very risky adventure you went for
Re: Bolt Drivers Beware! by Olabode971(f): 8:47am On Mar 17, 2022
grin grin grin comrade; Your Mumu-ness is raise to power13...

In this present Nigeria; even buhari refused to be played like this.

Bross: next time, try to be street-wise or else your lose will be much more than this.

Remember; If you broke no b anybody business

Re: Bolt Drivers Beware! by Donpuffy(m): 11:10am On Mar 17, 2022
See the way he painted the story as if its the driver's fault. You pay the money to the driver immediately and accept that you caused the hillabolooo.

Never in your life do such again. If the car had been snatched by the person you helped, do you think you will have time to tell the story?

Go and pay the money first before you Can claim anything.

Though your story has taught people some lessons.
Re: Bolt Drivers Beware! by Donpuffy(m): 11:13am On Mar 17, 2022
Meanwhile, Bolt driver is not supposed to ask the rider's name again. When he's the only one at the location who showed interest to enter your car just as expected.

Who does that mumu familiarity
Re: Bolt Drivers Beware! by Bluntdude: 10:05pm On Apr 06, 2022
Donpuffy:
Meanwhile, Bolt driver is not supposed to ask the rider's name again. When he's the only one at the location who showed interest to enter your car just as expected.

Who does that mumu familiarity

Omo na naija be this. He has the right to ask o. Some people go jus see Toyota Corolla park by their side and dem go enter before asking if you're from bolt.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State / Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? / Abu 400 Level English Student Attacked With Acid By Her Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.