Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,027 members, 7,821,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Pregnant, But Sober: The Place Of Secrecy While Expecting - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnant, But Sober: The Place Of Secrecy While Expecting (134 Views)

We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom / My Side Chick Is Pregnant But I Don't Want It / Maternity Photoshoot Of A Mother Expecting Twins With Her 2 Sets Of Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pregnant, But Sober: The Place Of Secrecy While Expecting by Raisinggodlysee: 11:19am On Mar 15, 2022
Pregnancy season is never a time to gallivant, informing the world that you are expecting, using every platform possible. Instead, it is a sober time both for the mother and the growing fetus.
It is a time of reflection and a time of prayer. For the enemy, the Devil is always against the woman and her seed doing all within him to cast away the seed.

The book of Luke 1:24 recounted how Elizabeth conceived and hid for five months – no one knew she was pregnant, not even her cousin, Mary. Mary got to know through the angel who brought the message of salvation about the birth of Jesus; by then, Elizabeth was six months gone.
Luke 1:54 said her neighbours and families heard about the child when he was delivered. And they rejoiced with her. They didn’t hear about the pregnancy but the delivery!

When Mary discovered that she was pregnant, she went on quickly into the hill country and stayed with Elizabeth for three months- the first trimester – for she understood that she was carrying a holy seed.
Apart from the fact that Mary wanted her pregnancy private, she also needed a stronger spiritual connector. If you go on to read the verse, you’ll see how Mary also prophesied about the Child and over herself.

Exposure to social media and influence from the western world made us forget the tradition and the importance of secrecy when expecting. In ancient times, some pregnant women were sent to live with distant relatives, away from familiar faces.
It is not done from an act of shame; rather, the pregnancy period was seen as a restrained time for the expecting mother to reflect on what is happening in and through her own body, a time to bond with the child privately and a time to pray, speaking words to her seed.

I think pregnancy season is the time to speak to your body as it goes through different processes of making life and that’s a BIG DEAL!
It is a time to reflect on your abilities and give attention to your body’s demands, a time to pray continuously as a believer.
The first trimester is the time the blood and sinew come together to form flesh and bone, it is the time of the formation of a new spirit and the soul; the beginning of new hope and a new generation springing from your root. You can’t be careless with that period! So much is going on within you both physically and spiritually.

Today we see how easily tempted we are to post baby bumps pictures to social media and announce our pregnancies early to every Tom Dick and Harry even as early as a couple of weeks.
I understand the joy that comes with being pregnant and how much we want others to share in our joy.
Truth is , if you knew what treasure lies inward you and how magnificent it is to be involve in God’s plan and process of keeping the world on, and how the world is covered in so much wickedness, you would braced up yourself when expecting , taking refuge in His blood.

The Bible also told us of how Moses’ mother hid him for three months for he was a proper child.
If she had hidden the child so well for three months, she diffidently would have hidden her pregnancy from the glaring of everyone, for it would have been a difficult thing to do if she had exposed her bump.
You might argue that they had no social means like we did today. That wasn’t the issue. Truth is they understood the meaning and the power of the fetus‘s destiny. Your child is proper and has a glorious destiny. There is the spiritual part of expecting which can only be understood by a mother who thinks deeply.

The psalmist says in the book of psalm 139:13-16 about how he was wonderfully made in secret with God alone beholding his frame.
Today, some women go as far as posting on social media their scan photographs showing the intricate parts of the baby. These things shouldn’t be so.

Of course, I am not against taking pictures while pregnant, I did too, but I believe they should be for our consumption serving only as memories.
The fact that something is in vogue and the high and mighty does it does not make it right.
1st john 5:19 says for we know that the whole world lies in wickedness.

Exposing baby bumps means exposing you and the child to attacks through any means.
The effects might not be seen immediately but might come up somewhere down the lane even up to the next generation.

You might also argue that some did it and nothing happened. Remember our grace level is different and you might never know what yours is.
So buckle -up and enjoy every moment of your pregnancy privately, sharing these personal moments with a few close relatives and friends.
Jesus cares!
https://raisinggodlyseeds.com/?p=87

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / I Need Paypal Funds, Usdt, Tron, Shibainu At Cool Rates: Whatsapp 09013147484 / Your Attitude To Your Child's School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.