Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar (16121 Views)

Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers / Nigerian Families Struggle To Survive As Food Prices Soar - Al Jazeera / Expect 50% Increase In Prices Of Bread - Bakers Tell Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by ambale(m): 5:17pm On Mar 15, 2022
Where are the abe gutter economists, I thought you guys said once subsidy is off a product investments starts trickling in, abi which one be ds again ooo?
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by azuba4u: 5:18pm On Mar 15, 2022
WE WARNED THEM BUT THEY REFUSED TO HEAR.
SHEEE IS ONLY IGBO PEOPLE THAT R BUYING THINGS COSTLY.

I LAUGH AT YOU.
DONT WORRY
2023 STILL COLLECT 1K FROM APC AND VOTE EVIL PARTY AGAIN.

ABEG, PDP IS FAR FAR BETTER THAN THEM JAREEEEE

ANYIM IS COMING!!!

1 Like

Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by tonididdy(m): 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2022
The world will shut down as a result of western Porknosers not because RUSSIA INVADED UKRAINE

BECAUSE that war has no effect with the rest of world until "self proclaimed gods" decide to sweep sanctions
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by olasquare: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2022
Truly, Buhari failures na draw soup. It go stain everybody hand and clothe las las.

No one can tell me otherwise that Buhari is not a curse to Nigeria.
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by TheGift: 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2022
GooodHardDick:
Buhari will handle security
Osinbajo will handle economy
.. grin grin

This is how those two Mad Men deceived Nigerians. By the time buhari is done with Nigeria, una eyes go Clear!!

This has nothing to do with Buhari. Distortions in the Supply Chain is causing the diesel marketers to hike prices in anticipation of scarcity.

It’s the same thing that drove gas prices up about 300% in the US. Not everything Buhari.
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by ceejayluv(m): 5:34pm On Mar 15, 2022
Lewisalexander:
This country is sinking n everyone is quiet. This is no joke. Money nor dey reach person use again. If you make less than 200k, my brother u r poor. No cap
Make that 300k

3 Likes

Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by ImDStar: 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2022
grin grin grin you won't kill person with this your Buhari will handle insecurity and Osinbanjo will handle economy.

Wetin old block headed "presidency" with block headed followers Sabi?

GooodHardDick:
Buhari will handle security
Osinbajo will handle economy
.. grin grin

This is how those two Mad Men deceived Nigerians. By the time buhari is done with Nigeria, una eyes go Clear!!
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by tnerro1(m): 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
AFONJAPIG:
And some people amidst all these suffering they are passing through, still see buari as best thing after Prophet Muhammad.... why Nigerians too mumu

How some people still vote APC with all these calamity should be a course of study on it’s own

1 Like

Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by Angrymode: 5:49pm On Mar 15, 2022
They should for it is written that man shall not live by bread alone.

cheesy Geez! I'm actually sounding senseless while trying to mimick Righteousness*** grin
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by Enyimbamercedes: 5:51pm On Mar 15, 2022
When Fashola was in the opposition, he said any serious government would solve power issue within 6 months. He said poor power supply was as a result of incompetent people managing the economy and called them " gbatueyo" or amateurs.

7 years into their administration and we are in the same or even worse situation!!!!

Now there is a war in Europe, we depend heavily on imported petroleum products whose proce is dictated by crude oil prices. We have no electricity and bakers rely on diesel to power their factories....

Incompetent amateurs!
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by Agricmoney(m): 5:52pm On Mar 15, 2022
tctrills:

Is it not fuel they would use to transport your products to the market? Is the cost of fertilizer not going up every day?

Whenever there is a shift in any of the factors that affects production and marketing of Agro products, it also has an effect on it because all the sectors works hand in hand with each other thereby causing inflation of the goods.

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by bluefilm: 5:52pm On Mar 15, 2022
They should shut down if they like.

I fear nothing for it is written in the scriptures that Man Shall Not Live by Bread alone...
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by Shikini: 6:19pm On Mar 15, 2022

Bought diesel at #705 today
in Lagos

Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by Reference(m): 6:22pm On Mar 15, 2022
Everyone is shutting down.
It is now the realisation of voting into power competent, capable, problem solving goverments and leaders is critical to survival.
Sentiment will lose in Nigeria by the force of corporate suffering.
Good morning Nigeria, continue dancing around looneys and jackasses ya hear..... grin.
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by NofiuFade(m): 6:22pm On Mar 15, 2022
anigbajumo:
Increase in price of diesel will cause inflation in the next 2 weeks that’s when it will be felt on most manufacturing companies that are using diesel and also the trailer drivers. From 320 in January to 750 in march, it’s worthy of concern to average Nigerians. No doubt Buhari is pro max failure.
It now 850 grin
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by Reference(m): 6:23pm On Mar 15, 2022
Shikini:

Bought diesel at #705 today
in Lagos

Nice.....
Folks will confess their 'electoral sins' by force... angry
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by Reference(m): 6:30pm On Mar 15, 2022
TheGift:

This has nothing to do with Buhari. Distortions in the Supply Chain is causing the diesel marketers to hike prices in anticipation of scarcity.

It’s the same thing that drove gas prices up about 300% in the US. Not everything Buhari.

You can see how an adult voter thinks.
An adult that has probably seen the ups and downs of the oil market.
An adult that has seen goverments come and go.
An adult that has seen global booms and busts.
An adult that is probably responsible to his children, family and community.

With all the knowledge of how the world works, what do you do as a man to meet your responsibilities in an uncertain world.... not to talk of being a leader.
Is it not TO PREPARE!!!!
But yours is not to demand that of the leaders you elect.
Yes, it is not Buhari's fault..... it is my fault.....

When he was serially warned about the exposure of the economy to shocks by reckless borrowing... what did folks like you say....

1 Like

Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by GloriousGbola: 6:33pm On Mar 15, 2022
TheGift:

Nothing to do with the petroleum minister of Africa's largest producer of crude oil?
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by ufotunang: 6:36pm On Mar 15, 2022
You can see our useless politicians and federal government...if the refinery was working all this fuel, disel will be very cheap... common to build refineries or repair the old existing refeneries Buhari cannot do...it's just to travel up and down and travel to London hospital for medical check-up Buhari knows how to do....but can't make the economy to be good and better
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by Cj4charles(m): 6:48pm On Mar 15, 2022
anigbajumo:
Increase in price of diesel will cause inflation in the next 2 weeks that’s when it will be felt on most manufacturing companies that are using diesel and also the trailer drivers. From 320 in January to 750 in march, it’s worthy of concern to average Nigerians. No doubt Buhari is pro max failure.
Watch how everyone is cool with it because it's not PDP. then assume it was under PDP that all these are happening
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by TheGift: 7:16pm On Mar 15, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Nothing to do with the petroleum minister of Africa's largest producer of crude oil?

Ask anyone in the diesel business why there has been a spike in prices. It’s not something many governments anticipated.,

P.S For the record , I am not a Buharist.
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by TheGift: 7:19pm On Mar 15, 2022
Reference:

You can see how an adult voter thinks.
An adult that has probably seen the ups and downs of the oil market.
An adult that has seen goverments come and go.
An adult that has seen global booms and busts.
An adult that is probably responsible to his children, family and community.

With all the knowledge of how the world works, what do you do as a man to meet your responsibilities in an uncertain world.... not to talk of being a leader.
Is it not TO PREPARE!!!!
But yours is not to demand that of the leaders you elect.
Yes, it is not Buhari's fault..... it is my fault.....

When he was serially warned about the exposure of the economy to shocks by reckless borrowing... what did folks like you say....

I am speaking specifically about the spike in prices in the last one week. This particular disruption is global. But if you still don’t get my point it’s ok.
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by anigbajumo(m): 7:32pm On Mar 15, 2022
NofiuFade:
It now 850 grin

Are u for real??
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by Temptee101(m): 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2022
How everyone moves about like everything is alright amazes me.

Nigeria is rapidly dying and no one to look up to.

Buhari is worst than a disaster
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by Temptee101(m): 7:56pm On Mar 15, 2022
ezenwajosh:
No bread to even drink the sachet Milo that brought them into power

Even milo sef na luxury now.

Wish I could become god for a minute, all these evil leaders and their supporters shall exist no more
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by brandsoncharlie: 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2022
Lewisalexander:
This country is sinking n everyone is quiet. This is no joke. Money nor dey reach person use again. If you make less than 200k, my brother u r poor. No cap
What will 200k do for a family man.
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by Dada4me: 8:30pm On Mar 15, 2022
Better, maybe that will help me scale down my spending on Solitaire and Captain Cook breads.
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by AFONJAPIG(m): 11:16pm On Mar 15, 2022
tnerro1:

How some people still vote APC with all these calamity should be a course of study on it’s own
they have started again with the Bullion van criminal now , when e go set now they will start blaming others
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by blowjohn(m): 11:25pm On Mar 15, 2022
The bakers are mad.
If not for greed why haven't they shut down since?
Idiots.
Wait until diesel sells for 1000 naira before u shut down
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by muheeb01(m): 3:54am On Mar 16, 2022
Chai this country is at brink of what again? Vote wisely o
Re: Bakers Threaten Shutdown As Diesel Price, Others Soar by KennyFernandez: 10:19pm On Mar 31, 2022
You will not shut down in Jesus name.
Order your milk, Margarine, baking powder, yeast and Activa in bags, cartons and buckets. 08039658953
gaby:
The British company/farm is headed for a total shutdown.

Everything and sector are in ruins...

What a sad reality.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Torley Vs Moet Vs Veuve Du Vernay Vs Andre, Which To Buy This Xmas? / Pictures Of Creamy And Affordable Cakes In Abeokuta / How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.