Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,381 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Lagos : The City And The Slums - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lagos : The City And The Slums (492 Views)

Sex And The City 18+ Story / Literary Evening Was Hosted In Lagos The End Of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie-photos / Owerri City—the City Littered With Condoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos : The City And The Slums by Xxxtacy: 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2022
Eko the place where dreams are made or shattered , the city that never sleeps ,made up of the affluent , the middle class and the poor (mainly the later) hoping that one day their stories are going to change for the better(we hope so) , crime is everywhere ,crime happens with reckless abandon and doing the right thing is seen as being stupid ,it hurts because things are not going to get better ,I know that and you know that too but we keep striving everyday ,the hustle never stops and the traffic kills always on the road 24/7 , trying to get that bread , trying to cross that really big barrier from penury to wealth ,let's face the fact not everyone is going to be rich ,so we try every means possible we lie , we cheat , we steal and when don't get caught you are smart , you are the man , but when the opposite happens you are a thief , a lowlife , a good for nothing . No hard feelings it is Lagos "the land of opportunities " the place for the wise "it happens every day . HOPE the only word keeping this place together , and you can find hope anywhere , some find it in EDUCATION while some find it in RELIGION ,others find it in our MUSIC but no one finds hope in our History as a people , some people find refuge in the GOVERNMENT but I don't and I never will . Lagos a city with life,the city with a thousand languages , the land of entertainment ,a land of laughter, land of happiness , a land of riches and glory
My name is ASIWAJU and I am " MADE IN LAGOS "
PLEASE NOTE : this is my first piece and I would welcome any criticism
Re: Lagos : The City And The Slums by YoungBruzzy(m): 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2022
Keep it coming boss

@Ann2012
@PrudySara and co where are you

1 Like

Re: Lagos : The City And The Slums by Ann2012(f): 8:07pm On Mar 15, 2022
YoungBruzzy:
Keep it coming boss

@Ann2012
@PrudySara and co where are you

I dey here oooo
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Lagos : The City And The Slums by Brown999: 7:04pm On Mar 20, 2022
Lagos the land of opportunity

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Facts I Bet You Never Knew - About How To Smoke Without A Lighter / Multi-Million Dollar Coconut Plantation Destroyed In Akwa Ibom – Governor Emmanu / Nelson Mandela The Undisputed Legend R.i.p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.