Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK (41152 Views)

Sri Lanka: President Rajapaska Flees As Protesters Invade Residence / Afghan President Ghani Flees The Country Following Taliban Take-Over (Photos) / Biden Calls Josephine, A Nigerian Girl & Her Father Who Contributed To Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by McLizbae: 11:36am On Mar 16, 2022
He thought it was film trick before ni grin

1 Like

Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by tundess: 11:45am On Mar 16, 2022
His 15 mins of clout is expired.
Next
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by Theunbothered: 11:47am On Mar 16, 2022
Mooh247:

Have you seen anywhere in history that a whole country was taken over in 20 days?!

Germany took over the Netherlands in just 7 days.

You people are just loud and ignorant. undecided

1 Like

Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by nedekid: 11:50am On Mar 16, 2022
Loewe:
Most of those volunteering think the war is Call of Duty or PUBG, that's why they wanna go and assist Ukraine is fighting Russia.

I've said it that a lot of the volunteers traveling to Ukraine may not make it back cos war is not an action movie. One strike alone can kill you without even knowing what happened till you get to heaven or hell...

Leave the volunteering for people with military experience.
The small knockout Russia blew for them at the training base near the polish boarder cleared their eyes.
I understand many foreigners were blown to smithereens,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by Playermayweda(m): 11:52am On Mar 16, 2022
Na do some mumus for this nairaland go dey shout bravery, bravery, dem neva point gun to your head before, i wan see how that bravery go help you
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by drlateef: 11:56am On Mar 16, 2022
By western standards he is a terrorist and should lose his citizenship. Anything else is hypocrisy.
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by backtalkG(m): 12:04pm On Mar 16, 2022
Typical Afonja behaviour
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by Mooh247: 12:11pm On Mar 16, 2022
Theunbothered:

And German used far more lethal forces than what Vladimir is using

So what's your point

1 Like

Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by fredoooooo: 12:14pm On Mar 16, 2022
Totilopussylick:
If Nigerians were serious to go to Ukraine and help them fight Russia, Ukraine would have been interested and invite them.

But Nigerians were playing hide and seek tongue.
Ukraine that decide not to recruit Africans because of skin colors . People weyvthey mad , Russia should wipe them off the map
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by engrchykae(m): 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2022
Jackanda1:
You have a wife and son who love and need you, but want to go and fight another man's war.

Be thanksful that Chen Chen resistance no catch you grin
they love their wives and kids but they love war most.
Europe can't just stay 100 years without war.
Europe was forged in war.
Watch their movies, always war.
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by msrcusgarvey6(m): 12:40pm On Mar 16, 2022
Netherlands! Size and population even today is like Lvov in Western Ukraine
Theunbothered:

1 Like

Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by Theunbothered: 12:52pm On Mar 16, 2022
Mooh247:

And German used far more lethal forces than what Vladimir is using

So what's your point

So you mean Russia can't assemble a better force than Germany did 70 years ago?

My point is that Russia is a paper tiger supported by airheads.

They have shown their stupidity as this war drags on but Nigerian war experts who didn't know where Ukraine was before February think he's a genius.
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by Mooh247: 12:55pm On Mar 16, 2022
Theunbothered:

So you mean Russia can't assemble a better force than Germany did 70 years ago?

My point is that Russia is a paper tiger supported by airheads.

They have shown their stupidity as this war drags on but Nigerian war experts who didn't know where Ukraine was before February think he's a genius.

As long as demilitralisation exercise in Ukraine is concerned Russia is very much on track... And its stated objectives are being achieved

Stopping NATO alliance

Taking over of Donbass region
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by Theunbothered: 12:57pm On Mar 16, 2022
msrcusgarvey6:
Netherlands! Size and population even today is like Lvov in Western Ukraine

Lviv size 149 square kilometres, Netherlands size 41, 000 square kilometres.

You people will just be saying nonsense confidently up and down. undecided
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by Theunbothered: 12:59pm On Mar 16, 2022
Mooh247:

As long as demilitralisation exercise in Ukraine is concerned Russia is very much on track... And its stated objectives are being achieved

Stopping NATO alliance

Taking over of Donbass region

Ukraine never met the criteria for joining NATO in the first place.

Ukraine keeps getting supplied with volunteers, weapons and aid so what stupid demilitarisation are you talking about?

Putin wants to install a puppet government and right now they can't even maintain form control over the cities they have taken.

You've been talking trash since the start.
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by treatise: 1:17pm On Mar 16, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Daily Mail

He thought it was a computer game.
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by Shikena(m): 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2022
Few glasses of kaikai can easily do what motivational speakers cannot do in 5 years.

1 Like

Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by Coldie(m): 1:48pm On Mar 16, 2022
To fight war sweet for movies and video games but for reality what we’re u expecting cheesy
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by Tekuzukite: 3:08pm On Mar 16, 2022
War is not beans. The man must have seen more than he bargained for...
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by jaxxy(m): 4:04pm On Mar 16, 2022
He’s 36 and his son is 16? Meaning he got married at 18 and had is son at 20 years old?? WTF shocked
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by anoda(m): 4:04pm On Mar 16, 2022
Loewe:
Most of those volunteering think the war is Call of Duty or PUBG, that's why they wanna go and assist Ukraine is fighting Russia.

I've said it that a lot of the volunteers traveling to Ukraine may not make it back cos war is not an action movie. One strike alone can kill you without even knowing what happened till you get to heaven or hell...

Leave the volunteering for people with military experience.
na the definition of "you won't know what hit you" be dis.
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by UnabashedIPOB: 4:50pm On Mar 16, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

British father who travelled to Ukraine to 'join resistance' against Russia flees back to UK fearing a 'suicide mission' and after 'getting some real grief' from his wife and son, 16
• Ben Spann, 36, returned to the UK fearing he joined a 'suicide mission' in Ukraine
• Chose to return after 'getting some real grief' from his wife and son, 16, at home
• He had flown into Poland and then crossed over to Ukraine to 'join the resistance'

By LAUREN LEWIS FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 15:53, 15 March 2022 | UPDATED: 16:13, 15 March 2022

A British father who travelled to Ukraine to 'join the resistance' against Russia has fled back to the UK.

Ben Spann, 36, returned to the UK after becoming worried he had joined a 'suicide mission' after he got 'some real grief' from his wife and son, 16, for travelling to the war zone.

Spann, from Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, went to Ukraine because he 'thought it was the right thing to do' despite having no military experience or connections to the country.

He spent five days in a safe house in western Ukraine with four former British soldiers before deciding it was an 'absolute nightmare' and fleeing back to the UK.

But Spann, who founded the charity Change Your Life Put Down Your Knife, told Sky News he now 'regrets' leaving Ukraine and the older soldiers because 'I feel like I let them down a little bit'.

However, he recommended that other 'non-military people' not to travel to Ukraine because they 'can be more of a burden'

Daily Mail

Shut up! You're a freaking COWARD. First of all, you have no business going there in the first place. Just like your government, you British people always like to stick your nose in other peoples' business and reap where you NEVER sowed.
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by zumbigbo(m): 4:57pm On Mar 16, 2022
Them go send foreign fighters on risky, suicide missions. Their blood means nothing to the Ukrainians. In. the same way the British, sent many naive Nigerian soldiers to fight in Burma. They used them as cannon fodder.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/16/from-nigeria-to-burma-jungle-courage-and-compassion-in-war-with-japan-vj-day
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 16, 2022
anoda:
na the definition of "you won't know what hit you" be dis.

LOL exactly what I meant.
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by Icecheddah: 5:07pm On Mar 16, 2022
Lol war na your mate ? grin grin
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by iyke2frankeze: 7:53pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ukraine as a country committed suicide.
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by suffering: 8:57pm On Mar 16, 2022
The one that tires me the most are military men afraid to get drafted for the war. What did you think the army was about, pillow fights?
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by PhillipPHD(m): 9:24pm On Mar 16, 2022
This ain’t no place for no hero... This ain’t no place for no better man.

StrikeBack
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by Aaay: 9:38pm On Mar 16, 2022
grin
Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 17, 2022
ecolime:
War no be action movie or video games...

Just 1 second, you become history.

I smh whenever I see I see Nairaland kids cheering on both parties while eating mummy's food at home.
Bolded really cracked me up grin grin
Just finished momma's semovita....on my way to join the resistance army in Kyiv wish me luck cheesy

1 Like

Re: British Father Who Travelled To Ukraine To Fight Flees Back To UK by maleekbee(m): 12:52pm On Mar 17, 2022
He think say Putin Na him mate grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Putin Flies A Heavy Supersonic Nuclear Bomber Amid NATO Tensions (Video, Pics) / Noah Harris: Harvard Elects Black Man As Student Body President For First Time / Zuma And Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.