Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Etisalat Blackberry Service Is Scam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Blackberry Service Is Scam (3460 Views)

Is Your MTN Blackberry Service Working? / Glo Slashes Rates For Its Blackberry Service / Is Your MTN Blackberry Service Working? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat Blackberry Service Is Scam by edgecution(m): 11:57pm On Jun 30, 2011
I subscribed to etisalat blackberry service on monday after my BIS expired last sunday. I took my blackberry to the call center and the staff loaded it with N5,000.00 worth of airtime . Immediately it was loaded N3K was deducted from it. Till now after 4days ,my BIS is yet to start working . I have taken it back several times and all they promise is that they will look into it. I have also called the customer line and its the same story. I even went to thier office at Saka Tinubu today and still they have not done anything while the days are counting; Etisalat has shown poor customer service and I am highly dissapointed. The took my money and refuse to give me value. Please beware because it can happen to anybody.
Re: Etisalat Blackberry Service Is Scam by kidgenious(m): 3:11am On Jul 01, 2011
All you can do for now is TakE HeaRt! undecided
it has happened to me severally,Etisalat BIS iz lyk d most restrictive n callous if i can use that.u subscribe today let say around 8pm,its juz logical dt d subscription should end at d same tym it was subscribed for but not wit Etisalat.it will end in d wee hours of d day it wuld expire.
most tyms u av 2make repeated calls to there cc before u can start enjoying a subscription u activated some days back.d only tin they have going for them is Etisalat BIS is the most stable especially for pinging.but rili they need to put there shit together
Re: Etisalat Blackberry Service Is Scam by villagerx: 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2011
Well, I can't agree more with the experiences folks have described. If you call the customer care, 8 out of 10 agents couldn't care less about your problem rather they are concerned for if you are using an ear-piece, or on speaker-phone because they cannot hear you well. Surprisingly, they can hear your responses that you are not using an ear-piece, not on a speaker-phone and are moving around to obtain the best possible network signal. A couple of minutes passes before they resume the script, which they seem to follow religiously. They ask for name, if you are calling with your etisalat number, where you are calling from and if you are having a nice day, if the weather where you are is fine, etc etc. Most times I am at a loss because my expectation is that as a registered customer, the agent should have your details on-screen and perhaps only need to verify one or two intricate pieces of information to ascertain the identity of the caller.

I have given etisalat in excess of N6000 for the BIS service which I did not receive. To their credit, they refunded me N3000 after three weeks and most recently allowed my one week subscription to continue for another week after the service due date elapsed. Now, I am back to dialling 200 and looking for the service to be re-activated. I did not de-activate the service nor did I receive a message to the effect that the service has been discontinued. I ensure to have sufficient credit on my account to allow for a seamless subscription to the service.

Arguably, the advent of technology comes with its own peculiarities like adept customer care that surpasses what we have come to know as inept. In the initial two of the three years that I have been an etisalat customer I experienced a far superior level of service compared to the other local competitors. However, like most mobile telcos in Nigeria, over time as they increase their subscriber volumes, the service deteriorates commensurate to the volume of subscribers.

When you come to rely on something like the BB service as a means of being in touch on the go, this type of service does nothing but discourage you from continued use and, undoubtedly, continued loss of money.

I can say one thing for Etisalat - no different from any other major operator. If we accept it, they will persevere with poor service, make money at our expense and grown like MTN. Only in Africa do we allow them to get away with that.

Me, I am logging off etisalat for good. Home zone or no home zone!
Re: Etisalat Blackberry Service Is Scam by edgecution(m): 10:34pm On Jul 05, 2011
They promised to give 30% of the credit used for the month. i used about 7k credit. Uptill this time , i have not seen any 30% they promised. This etisalat is a joke undecided
Re: Etisalat Blackberry Service Is Scam by elrony(m): 1:05am On Jul 06, 2011
@op sorry sha maybe u ve to check d host routing table on ur bb and click register again, dats wat i do whenever i change sim on my BB, try it if its gonna work 4 u!!

@all , i cant say eti BIS is creeped out cos as of now i dey rock free BIS since two weeks ago!!, notin happenz to my recharge except d easy life access charge!!.guess am lucky sha! cheesy wink
Re: Etisalat Blackberry Service Is Scam by chyket(m): 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2011
I have been rather luckier with etisalat since oct 2011 when I subscribed to their BIS,it has been very satisfactory to me.
My iPad connection was the one I found very unsatisfactory with the etisalat sim so I had to change it to Airtell
Re: Etisalat Blackberry Service Is Scam by Jettage: 6:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
http://akinbami..com/2012/08/etisalat-nigeria-can-telecoms-company.html

Choosing a network in Nigeria requires a lot of services enquiries, and a careful consideration of Networks, some of which are tended to fraud and “broad light” business robbery. I have been perturbed recently about the highhandedness of some these Telecoms operators and more worrisome is the fact that their activity goes seemingly unchecked by the regulatory bodies particularly NCC, saddled with monitoring of their activities.
There has been a shocking revelation about how some notable Telecoms companies have defrauded the ordinary citizens of this country (Nigeria) some of these fraud goes unmentioned because the Ordinary Nigerians are quick to accept their fate in the face of a scam and a Corporate Lottery is seen as a signed pact or alliance by companies and the Government and the popular corruption in Nigerian Politics seem to have been Okayed in the operations of most businesses and particularly within the Telecoms sector

Some Staffs of these Network providers, especially those at the customer care section, in a bid to make humongous income for their employers have devised a strategy of deviously activating unexplainable plans and imposing it to their subscribers.
Unsolicited sms of “promo” sent to phone must have been approved by a body and circulated on the phones of subscribers
I am opined that Promotional advertorials and all business -like marketing need must request “the courtesies of consent” (of Users) before being activated on user’s phones. Some of these annoying sms wakes you up from sleep and sometime distracts your ongoing concentration. You are constrained to accept all junks sent to fill the Text box of your phones because there are NO responsible officers of Government to censor the information circulated by the gain greedy Operator or perhaps a bribe has exchange hands to action the approval to circulate unwanted messages by means of adverts to numerous user
Imagine receiving sms to activates ringtones of a noisy musician whose music is annoying to Your sensibility, (though men of little minds perceive this as their stars), or sms of religion that annoys your sensibilities, for instance mass sending of Islamic greetings to unknown recipients imposing a Name whom you considers inferior to your chosen belief system or doing same to Muslim asking congratulating them on a Christianized anniversary or the routines of seasons greeting where you apparently have no business.
I found that Nigerian NETWORK operators are notorious for the abuse of the rights of their subscribers and under the guise of license by NCC overstretched their limits to impose Junks as SMS adverts to disrupt the sanctity of meditative silence. The business of the network is to provide services and NOT to send sms advertorials to subscribers many of which are motivated to shoot their income astronomically thus, defrauding the uninformed end users. Nigeria is a case of right’s abuse, Only the government have such rights to invade on the privacy of the masses, and where such is exercised, it must be done with caution to avoid litigation; where such privilege is granted by approval to the network operators. It must be paid for and dully charged by government
But you find a system that allows massive unsolicited sms and advertorials and lottery marketing by registered business organization and you wonder who gave the permission for such invasion on the phones of thousand subscriber.
It is more annoying that they are not monitored to check cases of fraud
I remember a similar case with a popular bank notorious for sending me sms of transaction even where it is not necessary, I had to write to the bank to stop sending junks to my sms box and my letter got the attention required.
This must be the reason for the massive invasion of unsolicited sms to thousands phone users, it has become the avenue for circulating lottery-type messages to swindle unsuspecting subscriber and no responsible officer is patient enough to attend to the confusion of cohesions of all such promotional plans
Re: Etisalat Blackberry Service Is Scam by Sanzz(m): 5:45am On Aug 27, 2013
Wallahi maganarka haka take...sai allah ya isan mu kawai da wadannan barayin!

(1) (Reply)

I Need Android. Phone Or Tablet 7 Inch.. Not Too Expensive. .. Advice And Price? / Solution To Whatsapp Unable To Connect Problem / Why You Should Not Buy The Innjoo Big Battery Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.