Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) (15495 Views)

Photos Of Oshiomhole And Obaseki At Their Peace Meeting / Caption This Photo Of Oshiomhole And Kwankwaso / APC Convention: Saraki Reacts To Emergence Of Oshiomhole, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ekugbeh:
If Oshiomhole led APC forward as you claimed, [b]then my question is why was he booted out, [/b]even in his own catchment?

It was the oldest trick in the book they used. I.e 'give a Dog a bad name to hang it'. That is the point of the article.

Many, with their own personal agenda they needed Oshiomhole out of the way to actualize, like Buni and co, made Osho baba out to be the biggest problem of the APC who had to leave.

Those who made Oshiomhole the ogre and scapegoat, that must be booted out, are now fcking up so badly that nothing less than the status of APC as a ruling Party is threatened currently.

They may lose APC the very essence all national political Parties are created for i.e becoming the ruling Party and political decision-maker of a sovereign nation.
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 16, 2022
cktheluckyman:

What is wrong in GEJ becoming APC Candidate so Buni can be president 4 years later? Is that not the same thing Tinubu did with Buhari? He truncated a southern presidency to make way for him to become president in 2023.Nemesis is however catching up with him

Bro, think about what you are saying. Has Tinubu not been the political adversary of PDP since our current democracy began in 1999?

How many timed did OBJ try to tempt Tinubu to join PDP when BAT was sole opposition governor to PDP in the SW for years?

So you expect him to work for the win of GEJ, a PDP President, when Tinubu has never hidden his desire to get his opposition Party to the centre at the expense of the PDP?
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:43pm On Mar 16, 2022
Dsalvo:

Firstly, Tinubu did not write the article. Secondly,Machiavellian tactics are meant to be deployed against opponents you want to overcome. Cleverly for that matter.

Yet they should never be used to commit personal and career suicide and to lose very valuable things one will be unable to retrieve such as APC's status as ruling Party with legislative majority in the upper and lower house.Unless of course that is Buhari's plan all along.

Hate Tinubu all you want but history vindicates him as a man who builds and nurtures political platforms to greatness, like ACN and then APC, because of his personal discipline, vision, convictions and, most importantly, ability to carry others along faithfully and fairly.
Story, even politician would do same with resources like %10 of Lagos IGR monthly
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Abujaexpress: 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2022
Truthisunique3:
Senate is retirement home of worn out politicians

Na why senators aspire to be govs
And he has been a Governor, serving the constitutionally allowed two terms
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Abujaexpress: 3:25pm On Mar 16, 2022
naijaman2225:

A PROJECT THAT IS DOA
Watch out, then come back here and congratulate me
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Truthisunique3: 3:45pm On Mar 16, 2022
Abujaexpress:
And he has been a Governor, serving the constitutionally allowed two terms
listen and listen good, oshomole can not control Edo south and Edo north again

Essentially he can't control majority Edo so there is no magic he can give anyone at the federal

He can only go enjoy loot of his senatorial district
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 16, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Story, even politician would do same with resources like %10 of Lagos IGR monthly

Lol. Usual sentiments and market gossip. 10% of Lagos IGR monthly but thousands troop into Lagos daily that is Nigeria within Nigeria and the only State that seems to have life, vivacity and positivity in our Nation today?

Make una dey hate small small otherwise you end up self-harming.
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Abujaexpress: 3:49pm On Mar 16, 2022
Truthisunique3:
listen and listen good, oshomole can not control Edo south and Edo north again

Essentially he can't control majority Edo so there is no magic he can give anyone at the federal

He can only go enjoy loot of his senatorial district
He can become a Senate President
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Truthisunique3: 3:51pm On Mar 16, 2022
Abujaexpress:
He can become a Senate President
because Na beans Abi

A new commer isn't given such posts
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:55pm On Mar 16, 2022
Dsalvo:

Lol. Usual sentiments and market gossip. 10% of Lagos IGR monthly but thousands troop into Lagos daily that is Nigeria within Nigeria and the only State that seems to have life, vivacity and positivity in our Nation today?

Make una dey hate small small otherwise you end up self-harming.
A former Capital developed by the whites with Seaport and over 20m population, even Tinubu trooped to Lagos because his is state Osun and it's nothing to write home about.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 3:57pm On Mar 16, 2022
[s]
Dsalvo:
Buni is crude. Very, very crude to be honest and with no Machiavellian pragmatism at all.

The reality is that, in Buhari, Buni met a distracted and politically unsavvy 'alagbara' who indulged his crudeness. We must remember how many elections Buhari lost before others virtually gifted him the APC platform, intentionally or otherwise, he now appears keen to destroy.

APC now in a mess solely because of PMB. A ruling Party, needlessly, now facing an implosion capable of handing victory to PDP because of the fact that Buhari has never been politically adroit or a team player.

Would it have killed Buhari, a leader many of us believed would always do the right thing, dedicating himself to democratic fairness, equity and Party bridge-building, that he benefited from , instead of deciding to become god over the destiny of others?

I think APC will still prevail but the lesson has been learnt , by many, that Buhari's political judgement and nous is very questionable. Detrimentally so.

I expect more APC leaders, taking their future and interests in their own hands, to now defy a President who is outgoing and a "da ina sun ile" (burn the house down) character many will not want to go down with.
[/s]

omo see tears ooo
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Abujaexpress: 4:15pm On Mar 16, 2022
Truthisunique3:
because Na beans Abi

A new commer isn't given such posts
If Senator Ovie Omo Age could be Senate Deputy President as a first timer, protocols can be suspended to crown Oshiomole as Senate President
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Truthisunique3: 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2022
Abujaexpress:
If Senator Ovie Omo Age could be Senate Deputy President as a first timer, protocols can be suspended to crown Oshiomole as Senate President
novice, omo agege isn't a first time senator

Even for the less glorious dsp he needed time

BTW oshomole is too unstable in the head to lead a bipartisan senate
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 16, 2022
Dsalvo:

You're Igbo and thus hateful and crude in reasoning. Also, reaping where you have not sown is par for the course for the average Igbo.

You can never understand the article and the precise message it is passing on. You people destroy everything, and build/unite nothing, in the quest to satisfy your 'me, myself and I' outlook to life.

You claim Oshiomhole is dead but you're blind to the fact that he led APC forward while Buni, Buhari's protege, has led APC towards implosion less than a year towards a general election.

You 'food is ready' Igbos love nothing/no one but yourselves and what you want. This is why you will never be taken seriously in National politics.

You haters are the ones advocating the likes of Oshiomhole, Tinubu etal be tossed aside ungratefully while hailing the inept Buni who has now grossly endangered a huge and winning entity others built diligently and dedicatedly while Buni and co were in political nursery school.

I don't like PDP but I believe those who have sown for the Party diligently be allowed to reap there. It is a shame you Igbos will never be honorable and upright.

Dude are you still commenting?
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 16, 2022
Dsalvo:

Firstly, Tinubu did not write the article. Secondly,Machiavellian tactics are meant to be deployed against opponents you want to overcome. Cleverly for that matter.

Yet they should never be used to commit personal and career suicide and to lose very valuable things one will be unable to retrieve such as APC's status as ruling Party with legislative majority in the upper and lower house.Unless of course that is Buhari's plan all along.

Hate Tinubu all you want but history vindicates him as a man who builds and nurtures political platforms to greatness, like ACN and then APC, because of his personal discipline, vision, convictions and, most importantly, ability to carry others along faithfully and fairly.

ACN yes, but APC... No APC with what is happening was just formed to wrestle power from GEJ Tinubu just merged ACN into it for his agenda not because he want to build an ideology
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 16, 2022
Dsalvo:

It was the oldest trick in the book they used. I.e 'give a Dog a bad name to hang it'. That is the point of the article.

Many, with their own personal agenda they needed Oshiomhole out of the way to actualize, like Buni and co, made Osho baba out to be the biggest problem of the APC who had to leave.

Those who made Oshiomhole the ogre and scapegoat, that must be booted out, are now fcking up so badly that nothing less than the status of APC as a ruling Party is threatened currently.

They may lose APC the very essence all national political Parties are created for i.e becoming the ruling Party and political decision-maker of a sovereign nation.

I have a big problem with the bolded. So where is the ideology? what is the focus of the party towards nation building?
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 16, 2022
Dsalvo:

Bro, think about what you are saying. Has Tinubu not been the political adversary of PDP since our current democracy began in 1999?

How many timed did OBJ try to tempt Tinubu to join PDP when BAT was sole opposition governor to PDP in the SW for years?

So you expect him to work for the win of GEJ, a PDP President, when Tinubu has never hidden his desire to get his opposition Party to the centre at the expense of the PDP?

Dude you are not making any sense. Never did Obasanjo tempt Tinubu with PDP membership. Bro slow down small with these lies naaa. Tinubu was desperate for power and he played himself to the north who needed power, and now they have achieved it and have consolidated they no longer need him. That is what is playing out now
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 16, 2022
obynzo:

I have a big problem with the bolded. So where is the ideology? what is the focus of the party towards nation building?

A political Party can only build a nation by getting into the position to implement her own unique and transformational policies.

No need for pedantism. Controlling the centre, via the people's majority vote, is the aim of all national political Parties. Everything flows from there.
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2022
obynzo:

Dude you are not making any sense. Never did Obasanjo tempt Tinubu with PDP membership. Bro slow down small with these lies naaa. Tinubu was desperate for power and he played himself to the north who needed power, and now they have achieved it and have consolidated they no longer need him. That is what is playing out now

Continue fooling yourself. Politics, throughout the world, is about permanent interests. Never permanent friendship or enmity.

You may not understand that because you are likely dedicated to politics of enmity and hatred.

Even GEJ tried to lure Tinubu into PDP when he saw the writing on the wall.

I dont need to convince you of anything because the way you're wired leaves you only able to think one way while the rest of the world view issues differently per the permanent interest they are chasing.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178401-jonathan-wanted-me-to-be-part-of-interim-govt-tinubu.html
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 16, 2022
obynzo:

ACN yes, but APC... No APC with what is happening was just formed to wrestle power from GEJ Tinubu just merged ACN into it for his agenda not because he want to build an ideology

You're not completely wrong. The original aim was to depose the PDP, so APC can control the centre, and not any malevolent effort to remove GEJ.

Jonathan just happened to be the PDP President in charge at the time.

Nonetheless, and going by the verified history of BAT, it is obvious APC would be more ideologically grounded and principled if the Party had not been hijacked by some who took advantage of Buhari's naivete and core fears to sell him the tale of how some enemies must be put in their place.

Below is a low point in PMB's Presidency and a personal signal to me Buhari today is a shadow of the Buhari we all believed in, supported and backed to make a difference.

Buhari, if the same man many of us believed him to be, has no business being in the same room with FFK let alone be welcoming him to APC in Aso Rock if not that many have hijacked, excerbated and exploited Buhari's conservatism to use as their tool towards the actualization of personal ambitions.

Tinubu is very different because everything he builds has a core direction, indomitable life and identity not easy for any individual or group to hijack. That is why Lagos remains the only Nigerian State, from one administration to the next, on a forward trajectory.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 16, 2022
Dsalvo:

Continue fooling yourself. Politics, throughout the world, is about permanent interests. Never permanent friendship or enmity.

You may not understand that because you are likely dedicated to politics of enmity and hatred.

Even GEJ tried to lure Tinubu into PDP when he saw the writing on the wall.

I dont need to convince you of anything because the way you're wired leaves you only able to think one way while the rest of the world view issues differently per the permanent interest they are chasing.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178401-jonathan-wanted-me-to-be-part-of-interim-govt-tinubu.html

You are the one living in La La land here. Tinubu is just forming importance with the statement
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 16, 2022
Dsalvo:

A political Party can only build a nation by getting into the position to implement her own unique and transformational policies.

No need for pedantism. Controlling the centre, via the people's majority vote, is the aim of all national political Parties. Everything flows from there.

That is a big lie. Okay what is the ideology of APC can we know here and now? Nothing they have no ideology it was formed just to wrestle power from GEJ and PDP and for the north to take power. Every political party have an ideology which is a foundation of their policies. In US democrats are all about reducing taxes for the poor and making the rich pay more via corporate taxes and inheritance tax, and also about the environment while republicans are about reducing corporate tax so that the tax saving helps corporations expand and reduce unemployment by creating jobs. You see the philosophies here, but what does APC stand for? Nothing unless you are benefiting from them that is why you are hell bent on marketing Tinubu. The previous thread where i showed you the link between oil prices and Lagos Economy, you had no answer except to insult me and call me a refugee.
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Abujaexpress: 8:50pm On Mar 16, 2022
Truthisunique3:
novice, omo agege isn't a first time senator

Even for the less glorious dsp he needed time

BTW oshomole is too unstable in the head to lead a bipartisan senate
Ovie Omo Agene barely spent a year in Senate before the 2019 general elections which brought into the Senate for his first full 4 years. Go and do your investigation
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 3:41am On Mar 17, 2022
Dsalvo:

You're not completely wrong. The original aim was to depose the PDP, so APC can control the centre, and not any malevolent effort to remove GEJ.

Jonathan just happened to be the PDP President in charge at the time.

Nonetheless, and going by the verified history of BAT, it is obvious APC would be more ideologically grounded and principled if the Party had not been hijacked by some who took advantage of Buhari's naivete and core fears to sell him the tale of how some enemies must be put in their place.

Below is a low point in PMB's Presidency and a personal signal to me Buhari today is a shadow of the Buhari we all believed in, supported and backed to make a difference.

Buhari, if the same man many of us believed him to be, has no business being in the same room with FFK let alone be welcoming him to APC in Aso Rock if not that many have hijacked, excerbated and exploited Buhari's conservatism to use as their tool towards the actualization of personal ambitions.

Tinubu is very different because everything he builds has a core direction, indomitable life and identity not easy for any individual or group to hijack. That is why Lagos remains the only Nigerian State, from one administration to the next, on a forward trajectory.

Bros there is no forward trajectory in Lagos you have started again with all this talk. If you must know the only time Lagos seemed to move forward was during Fashola and at that time it seemed elitist in it's approach. Bros can you beat your chest and compare that time with Sanwo Olu's time? Bros calm down with this image laundering BS.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Audu Ogbeh Launches Agriculture Roadmap / Philip Shaibu: Oshiomhole Taught Me Politics, I Have No Quarrel With Him / Yinka Odumakin To Femi Adesina: Give Us Breakdown Of Appointments Made By Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.