Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) (15497 Views)

Photos Of Oshiomhole And Obaseki At Their Peace Meeting / Caption This Photo Of Oshiomhole And Kwankwaso / APC Convention: Saraki Reacts To Emergence Of Oshiomhole, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by baylord77(m): 9:39am On Mar 16, 2022
@op, your views are quite parochial with copious bias.

A clean head would have made this piece of yours a masterclass.
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by simpleseyi: 9:40am On Mar 16, 2022
Unweaving Ghost
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by IbadeHQ: 9:41am On Mar 16, 2022
Truthisunique3:
I am disappointed in this Tinubu newspaper

If you are so pained it doesn't mean you shouldn't hide your frustrations and pretend you are unbias as a journalist

Oshomole is dead and buried in Edo and he can't do anything nationally

You think Osho Baba is buried....may be you are hallucinating, this is politics brother no permanent friend neither a permanent enemy.
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 16, 2022
Truthisunique3:
Tinubu is the cause of all APC problem even now that is ambition is destroying the party.

Buhari never followed him drag party leadership from the onset because he thought it was Tinubu thing to control

He allowed tinubu bring Akande, oyegun, oshomole all with consesus but Tinubu could not tell his boy oshomole that he should allow obaseki rest for peace to reign in apc

This is the same Tinubu that pushed oshomole to his political grave

When they were begging oshomole to leave obaseki before it backfired where was Tinubu to tame his dog

He was fanning him telling him he can do in Edo what he has become in lagos, he even gave video support to oshomole group and everything backfired

Oshomole should be blaming Tinubu for not taming him

Rubbish. The reality is that most Northerners are honorable and will stand behind their belief relating to equity and the need to do right by others.

Igbos , on the other hand, and typically like you, are dishonorable by nature . Your obsession is to blame Tinubu for everything because you wish his downfall.

Below is a core CPC man, from Buhari's own old political baby, telling it as it is.

You are a joker dude. Driven by nothing but hate, primordial greed and vindictiveness. You can never win because the journeys of life is bigger than all of us all of mortal flesh and limited time on Earth.

Including your champions like Buhari, Buni, Bagudu, Malami etal.

Best way to prosecute life and leave on a high is to do what is right, as much as possible, by others and the world at large.

You Igbos, of all Nigerians, will never understand that simple concept.

https://independent.ng/tinubu-completely-sidelined-suffering-silently-in-apc-senator-hanga/

Tinubu Completely Sidelined, Suffering Silently In APC – Senator Hanga

By Temidayo Akinsuyi On Dec 3, 2021

LAGOS – Pioneer national chairman of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) and former chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Rufai Hanga, on Friday said Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, former Lagos state governor and APC national leader, is suffering silently within the party.

Hanga, who disclosed to DAILY INDEPENDENT that he has resigned his membership of the party, also said Tinubu is still standing strong today despite all the humiliation he has suffered in the APC because he is ‘super-human’.

He said an ordinary person would have collapsed long ago if faced with the kind of treatment meted to Tinubu in the party.

Also speaking on why he dumped the APC, Hanga said there is no way the APC will survive an implosion in the coming days with the various cracks and divisions in the party.

“You don’t abandon a house you built but there are times when you have to abandon it. When you build a house and the house is cracking and you did everything to amend it but all your efforts are futile. When you see it collapsing on you, what do you do? Will you wait for it to collapse on you?

“No sane person will wait for the house to collapse on him, you will run away. That is what I have done by dumping the APC. I walked away from the party because I know the house is collapsing and I don’t want it to collapse on me.

“All this while, we did our best to mend all the cracks but unfortunately, I think it is not amendable. Nobody can remedy what is happening in APC now. There are people in the party who have suffered in the party and laboured financially even more than me. If they can be suffering like this under APC, then who else is spared?

“Look at how Asiwaju Tinubu is suffering in APC silently. He is completely sidelined. Just because the man is a super-human that is why he is still standing. If he were an ordinary human being, he would have collapsed. He has really endured a lot. That is why he is overcoming so many things. So, if people like Tinubu can be going through suffering despite his role in the formation of APC, who am I?”

“That is why I decided to walk away because with the way things are going, there is no way the party will survive. How many cracks are there now in the party? How many factions are there now? We have about three to four factions and it is next to an impossibility to bring them together.”
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Peng12345: 9:45am On Mar 16, 2022
Afflicted shall not arise the second time, no more APC
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 16, 2022
baylord77:
@op, your views are quite parochial with copious bias.

A clean head would have made this piece of yours a masterclass.

I don't post for political correctness or popularity. That is what most do on Nairaland. I.e say what they belive brings 'likes' and applauses for their own ego and vainglorious needs.

Yet, where has that gotten Nigeria? I am hungry for the accelerated progress and success of Nigeria I believe no person, groups or bloc, with selfish and vested interests, should impede.

Let's go there.
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:50am On Mar 16, 2022
Dsalvo:
Buni is crude. Very, very crude to be honest and with no Machiavellian pragmatism at all.

The reality is that, in Buhari, Buni met a distracted and politically unsavvy 'alagbara' who indulged his crudeness. We must remember how many elections Buhari lost before others virtually gifted him the APC platform, intentionally or otherwise, he now appears keen to destroy.

APC now in a mess solely because of PMB. A ruling Party, needlessly, now facing an implosion capable of handing victory to PDP because of the fact that Buhari has never been politically adroit or a team player.

Would it have killed Buhari, a leader many of us believed would always do the right thing, dedicating himself to democratic fairness, equity and Party bridge-building, that he benefited from , instead of deciding to become god over the destiny of others?

I think APC will still prevail but the lesson has been learnt , by many, that Buhari's political judgement and nous is very questionable. Detrimentally so.

I expect more APC leaders, taking their future and interests in their own hands, to now defy a President who is outgoing and a "da ina sun ile" (burn the house down) character many will not want to go down with.
It's too early for you guys to cry like this nah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by itsene: 9:52am On Mar 16, 2022
Truthisunique3:
Tinubu is the cause of all APC problem even now that is ambition is destroying the party.

Buhari never followed him drag party leadership from the onset because he thought it was Tinubu thing to control

He allowed tinubu bring Akande, oyegun, oshomole all with consesus but Tinubu could not tell his boy oshomole that he should allow obaseki rest for peace to reign in apc

This is the same Tinubu that pushed oshomole to his political grave

When they were begging oshomole to leave obaseki before it backfired where was Tinubu to tame his dog

He was fanning him telling him he can do in Edo what he has become in lagos, he even gave video support to oshomole group and everything backfired

Oshomole should be blaming Tinubu for not taming him
This idiot again.

3 Likes

Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by RealityGod: 9:55am On Mar 16, 2022
Dsalvo:

The article is not so much about Oshiomole bouncing back. It is about the man, and the likes of Tinubu, being vindicated.

Buhari has destroyed the APC. What he has done, even from letting Saraki become Senate President via plotting with PDP Ekweremadu, shows he weakened a ruling Party that should be very strong and unassailablly ahead today.

PDP, previously very strong under OBJ, lost the centre because of the political naivete, lack of political strategy, dearth of vision, disrespect of other PDP titans and raw desperation of GEJ.

Same can happen to APC but the tragedy would be that PDP lasted for 16 years, and three Presidents, while APC may be done after 8 years and one President.

It really pains me when I see intelligent people deliberately choose to avoid hitting the nail on the head for reasons best known to them. Sir/Ma, when will you admit that the one president never wanted to build a party but only leveraged on the platform to achieve his ambition & doesn’t care what happens next. We should stop this covering for this man. Next, why work against the interest of Saraki as senate president that he was from Npdp? The problem started when they wanted to scheme out the new PDP that joined forces with them why do that? When it was coalition that gave you people the victory? Bros, the president, Tinubu both destroyed the party.

Whatever we do in life let’s all remember has consequences.
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 16, 2022
RealityGod:

It really pains me when I see intelligent people deliberately choose to avoid hitting the nail on the head for reasons best known to them. Sir/Ma, when will you admit that the one president never wanted to build a party but only leveraged on the platform to achieve his ambition & doesn’t care what happens next. We should stop this covering for this man. Next, why work against the interest of Saraki as senate president that he was from Npdp? The problem started when they wanted to scheme out the new PDP that joined forces with them why do that? When it was coalition that gave you people the victory? Bros, the president, Tinubu both destroyed the party.

Whatever we do in life let’s all remember has consequences.

Of course I have admitted that. This is my point exactly.

It is what emasculated APC, led to the loss of Edo and is currently threatening to cause the implosion of the APC and hand power to the PDP that happens to be a joke of an opposition.

The reality is that not many, when they fully embraced project Buhari in 2013-2014, envisaged things would turn out like this. Yet it has and action to save the day is what progressive men/women should focus on.

Buhari has destroyed the APC. What he has done, even from letting Saraki become Senate President via plotting with PDP Ekweremadu, shows he weakened a ruling Party that should be very strong and unassailablly ahead today.
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Meteng: 10:01am On Mar 16, 2022
springer:
Oshiomole will bounce back strongly. He has been silent for a very long which means he has been on his drawing board.
The only place he is bouncing to, is his toilet

Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by spartan117(m): 10:04am On Mar 16, 2022
Reading this article is a pain, at a point I felt it was written by Patrick Obahiagbon undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 16, 2022
Meteng:
The only place he is bouncing to, is his toilet

Oshiomhole is dignified though. Is he talking and disgracing himself like the man in your post? I.e FFK.

Bro, things may not happen overnight in politics but fck-up will always be regretted. Aondoakaa, our former AGF and Minister of Justice, was a 'champion' under Turai Yar Adua.

Recently, he was banned from ever holding a Nigerian public office again. We will see what history has in store for Oshiomhole, Buni, Malami etal beyond May 2023 when Buhari leaves Aso Rock.
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 16, 2022
IbadeHQ:

You think Osho Baba is buried....may be you are hallucinating, this is politics brother no permanent friend neither a permanent enemy.

Indeed. Will Nigeria's political life end when Buhari leaves next year?

Of course not. New regime, new affiliations, new officials and a new order.
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 16, 2022
Born2Breed:

Another gibberish epistle from an APC cum Oshiomole's apologist.

Has Buni fcked up or not? Has Buni now not managed to make Oshiomhole look a far better Party Chairman than he is?

Does all this not call into question Buhari's political nous, judgement, ruling Party leadership efficacy and dexterity?

You think most APC members, simply focused on their permanent political interests, do not wish Oshiomhole is chairman of APC today and not Buni?
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by RealityGod: 10:44am On Mar 16, 2022
Dsalvo:

Of course I have admitted that. This is my point exactly.

It is what emasculated APC, led to the loss of Edo and is currently threatening to cause the implosion of the APC and hand power to the PDP that happens to be a joke of an opposition.

The reality is that not many, when they fully embraced project Buhari in 2013-2014, envisaged things would turn out like this. Yet it has and action to save the day is what progressive men/women should focus on.

Do you really think anything can be done to save the day? With the diverse conspiracies and the obvious ambitious wars? Well, I have always said it and I will repeat it, the party will have to lose the 2023 election and afterwards sit back and do a reformatting before they will all have sense. But the annoying part is aside the president, who else has political value? None

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Ekugbeh(m): 11:00am On Mar 16, 2022
Dsalvo:

https://thenationonlineng.net/ghost-of-oshiomhole/
lol. Tinubu urchins have started their media propaganda again

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Ekugbeh(m): 11:05am On Mar 16, 2022
Dsalvo:

You're Igbo and thus hateful and crude in reasoning. Also, reaping where you have not sown is par for the course for the average Igbo.

You can never understand the article and the precise message it is passing on. You people destroy everything, and build/unite nothing, in the quest to satisfy your 'me, myself and I' outlook to life.

You claim Oshiomhole is dead but you're blind to the fact that he led APC forward while Buni, Buhari's protege, has led APC towards implosion less than a year towards a general election.

You 'food is ready' Igbos love nothing/no one but yourselves and what you want. This is why you will never be taken seriously in National politics.

You haters are the ones advocating the likes of Oshiomhole, Tinubu etal be tossed aside ungratefully while hailing the inept Buni who has now grossly endangered a huge and winning entity others built diligently and dedicatedly while Buni and co were in political nursery school.

I don't like PDP but I believe those who have sown for the Party diligently be allowed to reap there. It is a shame you Igbos will never be honorable and upright.

If Oshiomhole led APC forward as you claimed, then my question is why was he booted out, even in his own catchment?

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by AmazingELixir: 11:28am On Mar 16, 2022
grin

The senile and brown toothed drug warlord just aired his views using his newspaper.
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Abujaexpress: 11:34am On Mar 16, 2022
Truthisunique3:
I am disappointed in this Tinubu newspaper

If you are so pained it doesn't mean you shouldn't hide your frustrations and pretend you are unbias as a journalist

Oshomole is dead and buried in Edo and he can't do anything nationally
We are pushing him out from the 'dead grave' to represent Edo North in Senate come 2023
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by SweetiliciousD: 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2022
Dsalvo:
Buni is crude. Very, very crude to be honest and with no Machiavellian pragmatism at all.

The reality is that, in Buhari, Buni met a distracted and politically unsavvy 'alagbara' who indulged his crudeness. We must remember how many elections Buhari lost before others virtually gifted him the APC platform, intentionally or otherwise, he now appears keen to destroy.

APC now in a mess solely because of PMB. A ruling Party, needlessly, now facing an implosion capable of handing victory to PDP because of the fact that Buhari has never been politically adroit or a team player.

Would it have killed Buhari, a leader many of us believed would always do the right thing, dedicating himself to democratic fairness, equity and Party bridge-building, that he benefited from , instead of deciding to become god over the destiny of others?

I think APC will still prevail but the lesson has been learnt , by many, that Buhari's political judgement and nous is very questionable. Detrimentally so.

I expect more APC leaders, taking their future and interests in their own hands, to now defy a President who is outgoing and a "da ina sun ile" (burn the house down) character many will not want to go down with.

Cry me river.

A devious president draped in integrity robes remains a disaster to, not on the nation, but his party.

Imo judgement and blood of innocent protesters still cry after him!
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Truthisunique3: 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2022
Abujaexpress:
We are pushing him out from the 'dead grave' to represent Edo North in Senate come 2023
Senate is retirement home of worn out politicians

Na why senators aspire to be govs

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2022
Dsalvo:

The article is not so much about Oshiomole bouncing back. It is about the man, and the likes of Tinubu, being vindicated.

PDP, previously very strong under OBJ, lost the centre because of the political naivete, lack of political strategy, dearth of vision, disrespect of other PDP titans and raw desperation of GEJ.

Same can happen to APC but the tragedy would be that PDP lasted for 16 years, and three Presidents, while APC may be done after 8 years and one President.
How has Tinubu be vindicated? What do your expect from a Tinubu Nation Newspaper?
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Christistruth00: 1:06pm On Mar 16, 2022
cktheluckyman:

What is wrong in GEJ becoming APC Candidate so Buni can be president 4 years later? Is that not the same thing Tinubu did with Buhari? He truncated a southern presidency to make way for him to become president in 2023.Nemesis is however catching up with him

If Politicians are because of Belly first Politics leaping from PDP to APC and back

It is beneath the dignity of a former President of Nigeria to be seen

abandoning a Political Party after it him made President

What more does he expect that party to do for him to win his loyalty

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 16, 2022
Christistruth00:

If Politicians are because of Belly first Politics leaping from PDP to APC and back

It is beneath the dignity of a former President of Nigeria to be seen

abandoning a Political Party after it him made President

What more does he expect that party to do for him to win his loyalty

Indeed. It demeans Nigerian politics totally as a big joke and shows our nation as entirely infantile, unprincipled and unserious.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by naijaman2225(m): 1:41pm On Mar 16, 2022
Abujaexpress:
A PROJECT THAT IS DOA
Re: Ghost Of Oshiomhole By Olakunle Abimbola (The Nation) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 16, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
How has Tinubu be vindicated? What do your expect from a Tinubu Nation Newspaper?

Firstly, Tinubu did not write the article. Secondly,Machiavellian tactics are meant to be deployed against opponents you want to overcome. Cleverly for that matter.

Yet they should never be used to commit personal and career suicide and to lose very valuable things one will be unable to retrieve such as APC's status as ruling Party with legislative majority in the upper and lower house.Unless of course that is Buhari's plan all along.

Hate Tinubu all you want but history vindicates him as a man who builds and nurtures political platforms to greatness, like ACN and then APC, because of his personal discipline, vision, convictions and, most importantly, ability to carry others along faithfully and fairly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is Gen. Muhammed Buhari ? Detailed / "$1bn Not For Anti-boko Haram War Alone" - Osinbajo Says / APC Raises Alarm Over Governor Amosun’s Last-minute Contracts In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.